• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova Teen Mon Ties that Bind - A Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke

Thread Description
May 12th - Production/Hiatus Update

ssandshrew

tired but trying her best
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic

Hello! Thank you for visiting the thread for Ties that Bind. Originally posted on Zetaboards on 7/27/17, I hope to begin updating this comic again in the near future. I hope you'll look forward to this comic.

SUMMARY
Ava's dream since childhood has been to become a Pokemon trainer and compete for the title of Champion, however her unique ability to talk to Pokemon caused her parents to deny her the opportunity. Now 18 and finally on her own, she's able to chase after those dreams. Unfortunately for her, she's opened Pandora's box - and she realises the chains that tied her down had been there for a reason.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
-
Prologue
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
-
Pokemon Blaze Black 2 is a rom hack of Black 2 that is a complete overhaul of the original game created by Drayano. It changes many Pokemon's stats, abilities, typings, and makes it possible to legitimately obtain all 649 Pokemon available as of Gen 5. Along with that, BB2 makes the game far more challenging than the original, with every trainer having an updated roster. Aside from that there are no changes to the games story or characters, just the gameplay itself.
  • If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed. All party Pokemon faint = Game Over, even if there are Pokemon in the PC.
  • I can only catch the first Pokemon in each area encountered. Gift Pokemon are considered an encounter.
  • If a field move is necessary to progress in the game an HM slave may be caught. They can only be used as HM slaves, must be boxed when they're not needed anymore, and cannot be used in battle.
  • Duplicates cannot be caught. If the first encounter in an area is a duplicate, no pokemon may be caught in that area.
  • Shinies may be caught.
  • Nickname everything.
  • I can catch but cannot use legendaries.
  • No EXP Shares, no rare candies.
  • No grinding using the Hoenn League trainers (infinite re-battle for exp/money and grinding in regular play.)

This comic is also hosted on Deviantart and ComicFury

Last edited:

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, and yet somehow has managed to survive for over 20 years~
Hey! It’s so nice to see this beautiful comic over here!
Guess it’s time for a reread so I can eyeball all the gorgeous art and cry because background goals and perfect children and literally everything ugh <3

So excited for more of this, keep up the amazing work!!

snooze

stylish but illegal
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
it lurks in dark caves to focus on its work, venturing outside only when encouraged to by its wife
really happy to see this finally ported over to the new forums!! and even MORE excited that you may be updating again soon! :D i've said this before but your style is clean and beautiful and your characters are really really charming, so i'm looking forward to jumping back into this and seeing where they go. :>

spelonberry

h-hewwo?? ?
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
exCUSE me, this art is . .. so . . .go od/? /????? ajewfiwawefi
also please spill who is Cheren married to you can't drop a ring like that and remain silent
DAMN THIS ART SO GOOD THO
YOUR UNOVA IS FILLED WITH TOP QUALITY GENETICS

ssandshrew

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE - PAGE 8
lmao its been over a year I am Terrible
head on over to Deviantart to check it out, or read it directly below!

I'll be back tomorrow after work with some proper replies to you lovely wonderful people who've dropped by to say hi on this thread ;w;

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Ohey, I think this next battle's gonna go-

>Explosion

...Well, shit

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
AHHHH REILLY THIS PAGE IS GORGEOUS!! I love the soft team pep talk, the atmospheric colors, how hot you made roxie,,, The little sequence with Ava reassuring Nathan I think solidified him as my favorite member of the team
pouty cyndaquil is also precious, why is the boy so edgy
but dang did you go in blind to this fight

SayleeK

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Oh my goodness this comic is GORGEOUS, the art style is so darn pretty (especially love your colours) and the characters are all so CUTE! Bianca's so cute! Nathan's a BABY! Vespa's ADORABLE! Every single Pokemon is so goddamn cute I love them all so much I'm so scared that they're gonna die Q_Q

ZHODY

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ZHODY have minimal knowledge of almost every subject. They take pride in this.
Oof, Megumin!Koffing
Poor Bby

NeoShade

PARSER ERROR
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Tends to shy away from humans. Able to procrastinate for up to a year at a time.
I absolutely adore your artwork, and your storytelling is amazing too. You nearly had me in tears as I read page 6, and nothing actually went wrong. Love this sooo much. Keep up the great work.

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Great to see this back! Even if it, um, might not end well for one of Ava's Pokémon...

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Seeing you revive this on the forums gave me an excellent reason to reread it, and can I just say that your art has been and always will be gorgeous? You have this incredible midas touch, every person you touch turns incredibly attractive. And your pokemon are just a bunch of cute lil creachers I love them. What a blast it was to read the newest page, though. Please be ok...

d'angelo russell

tomorrow ain't promised to no-one
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he - him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
it was banished for its violence. it silently gazes upon the old world from the distortion world
god I really adore your art style, it's very realistic and it has just the right amount of detail and the color schemes are really nicely thought out too and honestly...amazing is an understatement tbh this is just stellar on the whole. I really like how you've worked with character and story beats too, ava and hugh's relationship feels very authentic and the pokemon are all dears, nathan especially. reading through this has been a real pleasure (if a little rough on the heartstrings but them's the breaks) and I can't wait for more

ssandshrew

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello! I'm here super late with some replies! and some extra art!! ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
ahhh goodness, all the support here is so overwhelmingly wonderful ;w; i'm glad to be back in town workin on this comic again :y im sorry if i missed anyone's comments! ;o;

Hey! It’s so nice to see this beautiful comic over here!
Guess it’s time for a reread so I can eyeball all the gorgeous art and cry because background goals and perfect children and literally everything ugh <3

So excited for more of this, keep up the amazing work!!
wahhhOHH MAN ur too kind thank u!! i was nervous to repost the thread here bc i wasn't sure about continuing the comic but to hear u say tht gives me the POWER to keep on going... esp bc i love deadly syns and thts such high praise coming from u oh man THANK U SM

Been a while, glad to see you continuing this
-
Ohey, I think this next battle's gonna go-

>Explosion

...Well, shit
ahh man, i'm glad i was able to return! and im incredibly sorry that the first new page ended like that!! :,D blame 2018 me for that... it's not my fault asdfghgf

really happy to see this finally ported over to the new forums!! and even MORE excited that you may be updating again soon! :D i've said this before but your style is clean and beautiful and your characters are really really charming, so i'm looking forward to jumping back into this and seeing where they go. :>
ahhh gosh thank you so much snooze!! honestly reading n following burn away while i was gone was one of the biggest kicks i needed to get back into the nuz community!! ;w; i even got my bf to read it w me and he thoroughly enjoyed it dfgdgd your art and storytelling is such a big big inspo for me in creating my own comic, so for u to say these things to me makes my heart do the smiley emote... thank you so much oh gosh!!

exCUSE me, this art is . .. so . . .go od/? /????? ajewfiwawefi
also please spill who is Cheren married to you can't drop a ring like that and remain silent
DAMN THIS ART SO GOOD THO
YOUR UNOVA IS FILLED WITH TOP QUALITY GENETICS
yes cheren is a MARRIED MAN... his partner is not an important spoiler but im keeping it secret bc it makes for a cute moment in uhhhhh page 80 or something lmao :3c
THANK YOU THOUGH!! oh gosh! i hope i can keep drawing everyone to be attractive! pray for me when i have to draw crusty old ghetsis!

AHHHH REILLY THIS PAGE IS GORGEOUS!! I love the soft team pep talk, the atmospheric colors, how hot you made roxie,,, The little sequence with Ava reassuring Nathan I think solidified him as my favorite member of the team
pouty cyndaquil is also precious, why is the boy so edgy
but dang did you go in blind to this fight
AHHH thank you miz!! holy heck! ;w; i kno im not supposed to pick favourites but nathan... he pure... also im glad u think roxies design is hot my inspo was 1000% thirst
also i didnt go im blind but... im a terrible person.... i knew roxie's first pkmn knew explosion so i just started with the most disposable pokemon im SORRY....

Oh my goodness this comic is GORGEOUS, the art style is so darn pretty (especially love your colours) and the characters are all so CUTE! Bianca's so cute! Nathan's a BABY! Vespa's ADORABLE! Every single Pokemon is so goddamn cute I love them all so much I'm so scared that they're gonna die Q_Q
uwaahhh thank you so much!! you're too kinda ahh gosh ;w; im glad you enjoy those characters, they're definitely my favs to draw and write for ^^ and dont worry! most of them won't look cute while they're dying c:

Oof, Megumin!Koffing
Poor Bby
i didnt know who megumin was so i googled her and autocomplete gave me "megumin explosion." a good character dfdghfg dont worry! blaze black 2 is full of cheapshots! depending on how i compose the battles there'll probably be a lot more where that came from

Wow, your artwork is amazing! I have good feeling-

WHAT THE HELL ROXIE?!
LMAO thank you!! dw ill make sure to draw all the characters that fuck up the team to be extra hot and well drawn to balance out the fact that they... well... u know... are murderers....

I absolutely adore your artwork, and your storytelling is amazing too. You nearly had me in tears as I read page 6, and nothing actually went wrong. Love this sooo much. Keep up the great work.
ahh gosh, thank you so much!! it really means a lot that the writing affected u so much... i hope you dont actually cry though ahhh oh gosh!! ;o; i'll balance the sads out with lotsa happies^^

Great to see this back! Even if it, um, might not end well for one of Ava's Pokémon...
"one of" that is a VERY optimistic outlook. but dfgsdjg i digress, it's good to be back!! ^^ i hope you'll enjoy what ties that bind has in store!

Seeing you revive this on the forums gave me an excellent reason to reread it, and can I just say that your art has been and always will be gorgeous? You have this incredible midas touch, every person you touch turns incredibly attractive. And your pokemon are just a bunch of cute lil creachers I love them. What a blast it was to read the newest page, though. Please be ok...
ohhh my gosh Kadew, thank you so much!! i rlly admire your artwork n comic composition skills, so that really means a lot!! ;o; anD FDGHDFG i guess i've just read too many shoujo mangas i don't know how to make people not attractive LMAO,, i hope that you'll enjoy the pages to come! ;w;

god I really adore your art style, it's very realistic and it has just the right amount of detail and the color schemes are really nicely thought out too and honestly...amazing is an understatement tbh this is just stellar on the whole. I really like how you've worked with character and story beats too, ava and hugh's relationship feels very authentic and the pokemon are all dears, nathan especially. reading through this has been a real pleasure (if a little rough on the heartstrings but them's the breaks) and I can't wait for more
wahhHH OH MAN thank you so much? ahh you're too kind ;w; i dont deserve such high praise omg... ;o; i gotta work extra hard so the future pages live up to the previous pages! bc i can tell u right now i got real heckin lazy with a lotta the art!! sdfgfd but i digress, really, thank you soooo so much!! i hope that you'll enjoy the way the story plays out! there's a whole lot of fun fun stuff coming real soon^^

in order from least to most pointless lmao
the most recent extra art ive done bc this late august heat is KILLING ME but its also fun to draw ur ocs in swimwear.... sue me...

some extra outfit concepts i sketched out a while ago! i actually gave her a lil costume change in the page after next so look forward to new outfit ava lol

yes i consider this art

thank you for coming to my ted talk,, ill probably most more extra art on my profile so follow me for extra spicy vine art lol

ZHODY

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ZHODY have minimal knowledge of almost every subject. They take pride in this.
omg, i love the third one!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
That third image is absolutely not only considered art but a masterpiece. Also I love those outfit ideas? You have a good eye for costume design and I much look forward to seeing New Outfit Ava.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR ART IS AND YOUR HUGH

Oh I missed this comic so much 😭 Nathan's as adorable as ever, Timothy is concerning, and ROXIE oh my god. I love your design for her. Also I uh. can't imagine that's gonna end well. ;;

And this extra art, I'm in love

So so excited to see more of this 💕

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)