• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fun Things That Make You Happy!

Thread Description
If you're happy and you know it post in thread! (clap clap)

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Cabbie Alfie is a more reliable trainer than this idiot.
Even with my dulled sense of taste, I learned the joy that is pesto sauce. Holy, this is going into a lot of foodstuff!

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.

First time doing fried chicken, using a paprika I brought back from a holiday for flavour and holy fuck that was probably the best fried chicken bucket I've ever had.

sormaru

Head in the clouds
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Likes making food and sharing with people. However, creatures may be driven away due awkwardness and excessive puns
I like walking in the rain with a umbrella. Walking always helps me think of new ideas and I can just let my mind wander. The rain just makes me feel a bit more peaceful, and I can appreciate getting warm and dry when I eventually go inside

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
So for my poetry class, we have to write an essay on a poet and describe both their style of poetry and why they do it so well.

The poet I picked was Jack Prelutsky, because I don't know a lot of poets and I remember enjoying his poems when I was in first grade.

I went to the library because apparently they had some of his books available for check out. I looked at several of them, and...WOW. His poems have held up TREMENDOUSLY.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I just finished the first draft of my essay for Adam Bede, by George Eliot, and I feel really good about it. It also helps that this means I'll have more time to prepare for spring break! I'm going home on Thursday!

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I actually got praised at work tonight. Considering how bad things have been lately, it felt really good, and made me feel a little better about everything that's been going on. I'm still not sure if I want to stay or not, but it was nice.

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Honestly, hearing that people on the forums actually care about me makes me feels nice y’know?

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I just discovered a locally owned Chinese restaurant near my house and the food is delicious!

starmouse

All in service of some implacable "just cause".
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is said to be scared of its own shadow. It can often be found sitting in the rain.
As a person with general & social anxiety and a lot of self-doubt, it's all too easy for me to fall into patterns of avoidance and put up walls/make claims of a preference for solitude to avoid a perceived danger in social interaction. But for the first time in a very long time, I'm actually making new friends(maybe? wow!), acting like "myself" around people I've just met, and looking forward to social events. Putting yourself out there is terrifying, but the rewards are worth it. ♥

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
i finally got myself a new graphics card! the benchmarks show an extreme improvement (my graphics card is, admittedly, six years old....) and i'm super excited to see how it games!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
My brother’s therapist is willing to do sessions over Skype with him until they can start meeting in person again ( ◠‿◠ )

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
i was gonna do a weekly quiz that usually takes around 30 min

it turns out i'd already done it earlier this week and i forgot

go me

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Seriously? The one thing in those current times that makes me happy at the moment?
Animal Crossing New Horizons! I managed to get it as a download with eShop cards and when playing it, it really calms me down and pushes every thought about the current crisis aside! And the game itself is so beautifully made and absolutely fun!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokemon more frequently participates in introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperment.
Since our graduation ceremony in two months will probably be cancelled, my childhood friends and I have different plans. We’ll have a graduation party instead! I’ll have to drive three hours to see them in my hometown, but it’ll be a blast.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
I can only co-sign that right now? Animal Crossing feels like a big shot of distilled happiness. While everyone and everything grows more and more neurotic about current events, I appreciate just being able to bundle up and chill with cute animals.

Aurea

🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Today, the sun is shining and it feels like spring.

Seems like such a small thing to find joy in, but it lifted my spirits to emerge from my home office and see sunlight streaming in the window. To be able to step out with my husband, soak up the sunshine, start pointing out yardwork improvement projects we want to get done this spring. It felt normal and rejuvenating, and I'm just very thankful for the break in the gloomy weather and overwhelming feeling of hopelessness surrounding the ongoing pandemic, even if it was brief.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
The books I ordered off Amazon came a day early!!! How exciting! :D It's frustrating to have to buy books instead of getting them from the library nowadays, but hey, at least I have books. Now I can start doing the research I need for my storylocke...

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
Game devs that actually know how to play and balance their own game (and are pretty darn good at it) are awesome. VALORANT is going to be a pop-up powerhouse in esports in the coming months, and it is so much fun to play, even in losing games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)