Written Story Voice Work Apps Open The Writer's Locke -- Reader Auditions

Thread Description
Now accepting auditions to read storylockes for The Writer's Locke, the storylocke podcast!

Erberor

The Feelstabber
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Psychic, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Exercise extreme caution: May stab in the feels and twist the knife
Have you ever wanted to read a storylocke for people? Have you ever dreamed of finding fame and fortune as a brilliant voice actor? Well, I can promise you one of those things, and it isn't fame and fortune. The Writer's Locke, the storylocke podcast you may have heard about, is now ready to accept auditions for readers!

We looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join in and put their voices to good use. Our aim is to showcase storylockes on the Nuzlocke community each episode and give writers the chance to talk about their own work or have a roundtable discussion. Volunteers will be reading a chapter (or few) submitted by the writers themselves which will then be selected each episode by the crew.

Volunteer readers will need access to a microphone of reasonable quality and a quiet environment for recording. Audacity is a great audio recording and editing program for free if needed. We are looking for clear pronunciation and reading at a pace which is easy for people to follow along with.

We ask that readers pick a three minute long sample of writing to record and save it in a mono .wav format (at 44,100 Hz and 16 bit if you're able to).

Currently, we are auditioning for our pilot episode and will require readers to be available at the start of December for recording. We will open auditions again in 2020 for our official launch and update with new required availability dates then.

Auditions will close on Friday, November 15

Here's a link to the audition form!

We hope that you'll consider applying! We're all very excited about this project, but we need your voices to make it happen!

Last edited:

Flopdisc

weary emoji ok_hand emoji
🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
They absorb garbage and make it part of their bodies.
Hey! I recorded a mic test and decided to make it into an example audition. I want to demonstrate that it's a pretty accessible process. While the example is here as an mp3 for size concerns, I uploaded a full .wav through the submission form and I also gave it an appropriate filename. I found this all pretty straightforward to do through Audacity, and I'm happy to help anybody out who has questions about the process.

(also, @Rhema - sorry and surprise! hahahaha)

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
It's awesome to see a project like this entering a pilot stage! I've entered an audition, and I wish you guys luck on the first episode. I can't wait to listen to the first release!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)