• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Written Story Voice Work Showcase Fan The Writer's Locke: Episode Four! (S01E04)

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019

Welcome back to The Writer’s Locke, a Nuzlocke Reading Project! Our readers are stoked to bits to once again read out chapters from a selection of forum storylockes. Today, we’re going to be saying farewell for now to Call of the Divines and Solstice! You’ll hear a little from each of the run’s creators after their chapters are read out. At the end of the post is a cheeky little bonus, too!

This episode, we'll be hearing from:

We've prepared a full transcript for your convenience.

We release episodes every three weeks, on Mondays at 6PM EDT. That means upcoming release dates are as follows:

• June 8
  • June 29
  • July 20
  • August 10
  • August 31
  • September 21
  • October 12

Your interest and support has gotten us all this far, and we're incredibly grateful for it. If you have any feedback about the transcript or any other aspect of the podcast, we'd love to hear from you! Feel free to drop a post here, in the main Writer's Locke thread, or to send a message direct via forum PM or Discord DM to a member of our crew!

And hey, if you want to discuss the discussion, why not think over a couple of these talking points, or hit us up with your own!:

• Which comes first, when it comes to what affects what -- do you tend to let your planned story affect your gameplay choices, or do you lean to letting your gameplay choices flesh out your story?
  • Do you use your pokemon’s nature or statistics to inform their character?
  • Are there any close calls you’d like to tell us about? Did you write about them at the time? How do your notes compare to what happened in your story?
Lastly, @OrdoSkirata and @Plain Yogurt have both worked their hardest during the last few months to bring these two storylockes to life. The entire Writer's Locke is incredibly grateful to them for how generous they have been with both their time and their talent. We're all going to miss having them on as readers! But we're also very excited to say hello to two new readers and two new storylockes next episode. Who will they be, and what will they be reading? 👀

The Storylockes:

Gracidea
glancesherlock

Poppy is a Flabebe in search of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.

Call of The Divines
llyarden

In which an eighteen-year-old from Earth finds himself transported to a different, magical and dangerous world. Based on a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon HeartGold.

Solstice
MouseWithADinosaurTail

Five years ago, the sun went out. Since then, pokemon have lived in despair, simply waiting for the world to flicker out and finally end. Only the Church of the Sun sees hope for the future. They have prophesized that when the night has stretched on for five years, a savior from another world will descend from the sky with a tail that glows of light, and with the help of a pokemon guide, they will bring forth the new sun.

As Catrin the oshawott journeys to the desolate Post Town on a mission for the church, he had almost given up on the world. That is, until a tepig with a glowing tail drops out of the sky and lands on him. He realizes she's the prophesized savior and devotes himself to aiding her. But bringing back the sun takes more than anyone thought. How can you save a world that does not want to be saved?

]

Electric Sheep
@Elfin Song

It's been fifty years since the downfall of Team Plasma, and fifteen-year-old Door Hornbeam hates what the Unova League has become. Instead of real Pokémon, trainers capture robotic knock-offs, and instead of the freedom Hilda had, there are only safe routes and android caretakers called Companions ... which, incidentally, her family invented. But when she saves the amnesiac Geist from a would-be mugging, she's forced to undertake a journey and uncover a conspiracy involving her family, a robot-worshipping cult, and a long-dead scientific genius.

Bonus Content:

Compilations of Call of the Divines and Solstice are now both available for your listening pleasure! Each now has their own bonus episode for you to binge through.

Call of the Divines:
Solstice:
There will be a link to both of these going up in our main thread as well.

Credits:

We'd also like to extend a very special thankyou to @glancesherlock, Narximba, Gamaliel, SeaMaid, and YOU. ❤

Last edited:

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Eccentric 'locker obsessed with Magikarp.
Hi, uh...The URL for your Promotional section is still showing the Episode 3 link. I'm not sure if the formatting went bad or something.

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, crikey. Fixing that up right away. Thanks!

ETA: done, and spotify link also live!

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
I hope y'all enjoyed listening to Solstice as much as I enjoyed reading it. A complete and total pleasure. In the meantime, I can't wait to see what's to come in future episodes of the podcast!

Sure, I'll chime in on the discussion bits:
-My storylocke has been almost completely based on gameplay; I originally intended for it to be a glorified live blog of my in-game events, after all. Pretty much every personality I've come up with had some bearing on the nature/species of Pokemon I found. I've been cobbling story ideas and headcanons onto that gameplay this whole time. It's definitely a bit on the seat of my pants writing overall, but one hopes with the time spent on it it develops into something cohesive by the end. 😅 It's fun at the end of the day!

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
I love listening to you guys talk academically about Pokemon fanfiction; it's beautiful.

So long to Solstice and Call of the Divines! It was great listening to them, and Ordo and Yogurt absolutely killed it! Excited to see what stories crop up for the next episode. 👀

And thank you again SilverDoe for continuing to read Gracidea so beautifully!! ;;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)