• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Screenshot Unova Mature The Twin Gardevoirs: Scorched Unova

Thread Description
A storyshot run of BlazeBlack that went completely off the rails. 9/13/2019 - Hiatus over, maybe! Interlude 2 remastered!

wedward45

The thinking chaotic neutral
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hates conflict and negativity. Snarks too much for its own good.
Holy shit, this run is still alive?

Leafia_Barrett

Survivor of the Nuzlockolypse
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
wedward45 said:
Holy shit, this run is still alive?
I found a Phoenix Down.
I'm going to force myself to at least fix an update a week - I have to try to keep some kind of momentum going.

Brendan Farenite

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Helpful and fun and friendly, but also lazy and lazier.
Might be a bit too late to leave a comment about the in-progress remastering, but I can say for sure that the run's quality has improved a lot over the course of time, and there is a clear difference between the chapters before and after said remasters. Customizing the screenshots and then adding personal touches to the game itself really makes this story stand out among the other ones.

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Slowly but steadily, progress is being made. Part of the reason it's slow is because fixing the posts isn't the only thing I'm doing.

Full progress from PMD sprite to final style-matching BW sprite, with Celeste for scale. For those wondering why Sophia's sprite is so goddamn tall, casual note that Sophia is 6'1" and Celeste is intended to be only 4'11" but I'm not comfortable shrinking her sprite any.

Last edited:

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Okay, so 6-2 has officially been remastered, and by that I mean almost completely redone. The change was drastic enough that I decided to make a blog post with the old and new version together, for comparison's sake.

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
7-1's been remastered. It's always awkward to ask this outright, but... if I could get some comments, some critique to let me know if I'm on the right path with these updates, I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise I'm just blindly marching forward hoping I'm improving things instead of making them worse.

B

BecauseILoveCyndaquil

You're doing great man! I've read your twin gardevoir runs like seven times, and they still remain my favorite. Keep up the good work!

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
BecauseILoveCyndaquil said:
You're doing great man! I've read your twin gardevoir runs like seven times, and they still remain my favorite. Keep up the good work!
Thank you! I didn't realize I had any big fans still - I want to personally apologize for leaving the topic in disrepair for like 2 years.

Sorry I've been kinda slow to get updates out, but I am still working on them! I should have 7-2 out shortly.

B

BecauseILoveCyndaquil

Oooh, sounds like there's some plot about to happen. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Brendan Farenite

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Helpful and fun and friendly, but also lazy and lazier.
Compared to the old versions, the new chapters show lots of improvement, plus they pave even better the road to later events and one of the major plot points. Even the character interations are gaining a lot from the ongoing remastering, keep it up!

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Unfortunately, I'm going to need to put this run on hiatus... again... because I have a great deal of work to do for a Pathfinder game I am currently GMing for.

Leafia_Barrett

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Oh hey this is here now. So um. My life lately has been "my mom broke her back and is currently in recovery," "Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is a hell of a drug," and "my motivation is taking a nap in the corner because life sucks right now." I have been taking steps towards implementing all the changes I wanted into the rom, but I have a ways to go. I will try to do at least one post by next Friday, at least.

...oh god I have to re-fix the ToC don't I. help ;w;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)