• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Comic Hoenn General The Power of Pouvoir (An OR/AS Nuzlocke)

Thread Description
Updates Monday/Wednesday/Friday.

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
(Just gonna take a second to apologize for any mistakes, I've never posted here before and I'm not much of a regular forum user to begin with.)
cover3.png
Alright, so The Power of Pouvoir("Pouvoir" is a French word meaning both "Power" and "To be able to") is an ORAS Nuzlocke focusing mainly on Charlie the Treecko and Milo the Totodile, although Blake the Torchic is a recurring character. The story is formatted to only include Pokémon, and humans aren't in the mix at all!

The style/coloring tends to sporadically change, since it mainly depends on the level of burnout I'm experiencing. It's gone from being cell-shaded, to black & white, to black & white with colored shading, and finally to having proper color and shading that best reflects my artistic ability. Please enjoy :'P
Summary from Smackjeeves:
*An Omega Ruby Nuzlocke told in the story of Alpha Sapphire*
Meet Blake, Charlie, and Milo, three kids who have always dreamt of becoming a part of a Challenge Team.
A team that would rival all the others, fighting their way up the ranks and eventually facing the Elite Four themselves!
There's just.. a few minor problems with that:
Blake suffers from JHS, a syndrome that causes him to experience chronic pain. Charlie's anosmic, leaving
her with no sense of smell nor the ability to predict weather, much like Treecko are known to be capable of, and Milo?
Well, his vision is so terrible, he's practically blind!
So just what are these kids to do?
Embrace their Power of Pouvoir, that's what!

Gameplay + Story Rules:
  • Only the first Pokémon on each route may be caught. A lost encounter means no new member.​
  • Fainted Pokémon are equal to dead.​
  • Dupes Clause: Encounters may be nullified if a Pokémon that is in the same family as a current or former teammate is encountered.​
  • Shiny Clause: A shiny may be caught at any time, even if a Pokémon has already been caught.​
  • Each character in the comic will represent a typically underrepresented disability/neurodivergence.​
You can read the current comic here, on Smackjeeves, but I'll put the Prologue below so that you all can get the gist of it. Quick Note: My art has absolutely improved since I began.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
There you are! I was waiting for you to join! I just finished reading your run, and I really enjoy it. I appreciate the smooth blend of PMD and Pokemon lore that creates this world of yours that your characters inhabit. And really, it's the focus on your characters that really gets me! The world is a place that the characters live in, not the characters made to prop up the lore, if that makes sense.

I appreciate the delicacy with which you present these disabilities. It's the same as your worldbuilding: these traits are a part of these characters, and it influences them, but it's not everything about them nor does it overshadow their aspirations but supports them. With the most recent evolution, I'm glad to see the thread closing on the fact that disabilities aren't really a thing to be "fixed", It was early on, but not too early on in the story that it felt forced. It led readers into the issue calmly, which will make possible other conflicts easier to understand, even for people who don't know a lot about these sorts of things yet because of, well... under-representation.

But, I want to finally welcome you to the forums. I hope you'll find a comfortable niche here in the community, and stick around for the long term! I'll keep an eye on your run as a fan, but always feel free to message me for any reason. Good luck on the run, and Happy Nuzlocking!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
AaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WELCOME WELCOME, I'M SO HAPPY YOU DECIDED TO COME, TERRY! Words cannot describe how happy I am to see ANOTHER MAIN SERIES PMD NUZLOCKE ON THE FORUMS!!!!!!! I am hereby declaring this run the Best Run. Welcome to the nuzlocke forums, Terry! You and your comic are very welcome here, and I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

EDIT: Sorry, editing to add- Can I just say I love how you draw the characters as just white but with colored shading? It's a REALLY COOL EFFECT! It seems like it'd save a lot of time on drawing, but it still gives pages a pop of color and makes every character stand out distinctly with their own color. I really like it!

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There you are! I was waiting for you to join! I just finished reading your run, and I really enjoy it. I appreciate the smooth blend of PMD and Pokemon lore that creates this world of yours that your characters inhabit. And really, it's the focus on your characters that really gets me! The world is a place that the characters live in, not the characters made to prop up the lore, if that makes sense.

I appreciate the delicacy with which you present these disabilities. It's the same as your worldbuilding: these traits are a part of these characters, and it influences them, but it's not everything about them nor does it overshadow their aspirations but supports them. With the most recent evolution, I'm glad to see the thread closing on the fact that disabilities aren't really a thing to be "fixed", It was early on, but not too early on in the story that it felt forced. It led readers into the issue calmly, which will make possible other conflicts easier to understand, even for people who don't know a lot about these sorts of things yet because of, well... under-representation.

But, I want to finally welcome you to the forums. I hope you'll find a comfortable niche here in the community, and stick around for the long term! I'll keep an eye on your run as a fan, but always feel free to message me for any reason. Good luck on the run, and Happy Nuzlocking!
Thank you so, so much for the insight! I'm not really sure how to respond, in all honesty.
I hope I'll adjust just fine here, with how amiable everyone is. Thank you again!

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
AaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WELCOME WELCOME, I'M SO HAPPY YOU DECIDED TO COME, TERRY! Words cannot describe how happy I am to see ANOTHER MAIN SERIES PMD NUZLOCKE ON THE FORUMS!!!!!!! I am hereby declaring this run the Best Run. Welcome to the nuzlocke forums, Terry! You and your comic are very welcome here, and I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

EDIT: Sorry, editing to add- Can I just say I love how you draw the characters as just white but with colored shading? It's a REALLY COOL EFFECT! It seems like it'd save a lot of time on drawing, but it still gives pages a pop of color and makes every character stand out distinctly with their own color. I really like it!
HYAUGH Thank you for inviting me in the first place! I was thinking about joining some time ago but felt too anxious to just hop on in ;~;
And you're not allowed to declare mine the Best Run, only yours is the Best Run >:o

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
I just finished reading all of the pages you have so far! I really, really liked the message of "you were never broken, so why would there be something to fix?" after evolving. Like Bug said, it was early enough to resolve my reservations on disabilities being fixable but not too early that it felt forced in the pacing of the story. I'll definitely be checking in to see how well Pouvoir is doing in the future! (Finally, my 2 years of French is paying off :P)

And I gather from Bug and Mouse that you're new to the community! Welcome, and I hope you like it here! 👋

Bowser's Family Vacation

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Yay for disability/neurodiversity representation! I can't wait to see how this team's story gets started!

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
I just finished reading all of the pages you have so far! I really, really liked the message of "you were never broken, so why would there be something to fix?" after evolving. Like Bug said, it was early enough to resolve my reservations on disabilities being fixable but not too early that it felt forced in the pacing of the story. I'll definitely be checking in to see how well Pouvoir is doing in the future! (Finally, my 2 years of French is paying off :P)

And I gather from Bug and Mouse that you're new to the community! Welcome, and I hope you like it here! 👋
Thank you so much! I've always been paranoid about making sure that the message seems genuine, but not forced and cheesy.
I am new here, too! Thank you for the welcome :D

Yay for disability/neurodiversity representation! I can't wait to see how this team's story gets started!
I'm really glad you like it~!

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Update~!
Here's a reality check that nobody asked for and everyone got:

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
Aw, Michael. :c

I really liked the detail of Charlie adjusting her sentence from "that's surprise--" ("-ly wise of you" is what my mind immediately finished the thought as) to "that's pretty wise of you," instead. It's small, but noticeable, and a really nice touch.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I didn't even realize that the first time, Skitty! :0 For my part, I love Michael's emphasis on trying your hardest, and your hardest is different for everyone. But you can't do your best without a support system.

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Aw, Michael. :c

I really liked the detail of Charlie adjusting her sentence from "that's surprise--" ("-ly wise of you" is what my mind immediately finished the thought as) to "that's pretty wise of you," instead. It's small, but noticeable, and a really nice touch.
Thanks! I figured that that would be something most people would begin saying, before realizing, "Oh God, I just insulted their intelligence." Charlie would want to avoid that.

I didn't even realize that the first time, Skitty! :0 For my part, I love Michael's emphasis on trying your hardest, and your hardest is different for everyone. But you can't do your best without a support system.
Thanks, too! :D I think it's an important life lesson that a lot of people need to hear at some point.

Shading isn't hard at all (:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
Aaaah, Michael I understand you wanna do your best, but please don't rush into a fighting-type gym, this IS still a nuzlocke after all! ;o;

Also, I wonder what our dear little Shelly has to say! OwO She's close to being my favorite character! It's definitely not because I'm biased to her! OwO

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Aaaah, Michael I understand you wanna do your best, but please don't rush into a fighting-type gym, this IS still a nuzlocke after all! ;o;

Also, I wonder what our dear little Shelly has to say! OwO She's close to being my favorite character! It's definitely not because I'm biased to her! OwO
It'S dEfInItElY nOt BeCaUsE wE bOtH hAvE "ShElLiEs" Or AnYtHiNg...
But yeah, Michael definitely likes to battle on the wild side :'P

Bug

Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This kid almost died, please lord he needs to be careful. And I'm proud of Shelly for speaking! I can tell it takes a lot for them to do so.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Just discovered this comic, and I love it. I love PMD-style stories, and the focus on the differently abled adds quite a lot of diversity to the team, as well as providing added challenge and character development. And the art style is so cute.

Fool

Coach of the Machampions (Also goes by Bob)
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Used to work at Walmart. Is happy to no longer be employed there. Likes to play Terraria.
Well, that was a very cute read. I haven’t finished it yet because I’m about to go see a movie, but what I have read is adorable. I love the art style, specifically the eyes from far away. Something about them makes me smile. The concept is very interesting, a PMD style story using a mainline game. I await to see how the story continues.

-Fool

TerryTheTeryx

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
@Bug: Michael doesn't know the word "careful" ;)
@Trollkitten: Thank you, I'm glad you like it so far! :D
@Fool: Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've read so far. I hope you continue to enjoy it~

I forgot to shade the sand yay

Bug

Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Shelly is really adorable, oh my god... Seeing the team really support one another is refreshing.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Been loving this comic so far!~ (it's one of the things that finally tipped the scales and made me decide to try one of these Pokemon only style lockes for myself~) the characters are all really enjoyable!~ And Michael, bby, plz no~ anything but the fighting gym~ (Altho I know the feel of having a Poochyena line Pokemon and knowing they're only strong against the 7th gym and 2nd E4 member :'3) Also Shelly seems to be synonymous with "Nincada who's a bean"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)