• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

The Nuzlocke Showcase Spectacular - Announcements and Discussions

Thread Description
A brand new exciting event from the Feature Team! Check it out!

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
More than just a bad bitch–I'm a Pintrest lady.
We hope you’ve all settled in to Xenforo and are enjoying your stay! It’s been a long time trudging through the red tape, but we’re finally free from Tapatalk’s evil reign! And with the new forum comes an exciting new event from your very own Feature Team! May we introduce:

THE NUZLOCKE SHOWCASE SPECTACULAR

During our discussion regarding the Extravaganza, many have expressed interest in a non-competitive event. While we think retaining the Extravaganza as a competition is for the best, we believe there is a need for another event to highlight runs without a contest. Thus, the Showcase Spectacular! A collection of runs to celebrate the creative minds and hard work of you lovely people. This event is designed to put a spotlight on all runs, with a special focus on the new and up-and-coming, as well as other sorts of content on the forums.

“But how will we determine which runs participate in the event?” you might be asking. Well. We need you, that’s right, you! To submit your runs to us! It doesn’t have to be a traditional Nuzlocke, either! Got an OA? Something in Creative Content? An event run? It’s eligible! (Limit of one run per member.)

All of them will be thrown into a spreadsheet, and a random number generator will pick 10 runs per medium by chance. Those lucky members will be given the choice between these options for their showcase slot:
  • A short interview (3-4 questions)
  • A fanwork created for you by a fellow forum member
  • A shout-out to another run that you love
  • A shiny new banner for your signature with a brief run synopsis
  • A creation of your own that you feel best shows off your run!

Those who are not picked for the full showcase treatment—never fear! Every run that is submitted will receive a featurette-sized blurb written about it. Everyone gets a little something!

To participate in the Spectacular, please fill out the form below. Submissions begin on August 1st! You have until August 31st, 11:59 GMT to submit your run.

Submission Form!

Schedule for the Spectacular will be as follows:
  • August 1st - 31st: Run submissions
  • September 1st - 30th: Run selection and preparation
  • October 1st: The Nuzlocke Showcase Spectacular is live!

We hope many of you will participate. We're really excited to roll this out. Enjoy your new Spectacular, Nuzlocke Forum!

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Submissions are officially open for the Showcase Spectacular! Remember, they will be open until August 31st, 11:59PM GMT. Late submissions will not be accepted, so don't forget!

Link to the form here!

Couples-Consoling

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
A married couple Nuzlocking together!
I said yes to being willing to create a fanwork, but I'd like to note I'm a video guy... I've got limited talents. I hope, if I get chosen to create a fanwork for someone, that I get some say in what that is? I don't think anyone wants me to draw them a comic. :sweatdrop:

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Couples-Consoling Hey there! Sorry for the delay.

However the fanworks will be assigned, members will not be expected to go outside of their current abilities for the Spectacular. Play to your own strengths. :)

Leafia_Barrett

Survivor of the Nuzlockolypse
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Does the run need to be on this forum currently? I don't think my run's been ported yet. (It's also still in disarray since I can't fix the links...)

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
"No matter how hard you look, you won't see what I'm scheming."
Does the run need to be on this forum currently? I don't think my run's been ported yet. (It's also still in disarray since I can't fix the links...)
Hello! As much as possible, we would like the run to be on Xenforo currently and functional for it to qualify for the showcase.

Thank you!

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hey, all! Reminder that we're taking submissions for the Showcase Spectacular (say that three times fast!} up until the 31st, 11:59PM GMT! Late submissions will not be accepted!

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hello, everyone!

With the deadline for submissions past us, I'm happy to say that we have already chosen the runs for the Showcase!

All run authors have already been messaged over the forums and we are awaiting their reply for the showcase. If you're reading this and have received a message from me, hopefully we can expect an answer from you soon!

To those that submitted a run and were not chosen, fret not! We will still have a little something for you for your participation.

See you in a month!

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hello, everyone!

I know the first post mentioned that the Spectacular thread will go up on October 1st, but unfortunately, we did run into some complications on our end.

We have worked it out though and to that end, the Spectacular thread will be going up on October 25, Friday.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for those who have already contributed to the Showcase so far.

Be seeing you soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)