• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Ruleset The Lorelocke - Version 1.12. Lots of new art and a few fixes.

Thread Description
A Mythology and Folklore based massive ruleset

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Oh, right, Toxic, I forgot about Toxic. I'm still kind of bummed I got that for my Omanyte in my FireRed lorelocke, though...

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I can get that, no doubt some lorelockes are harsher than others. However this one is actually not that bad if you think about it. It takes one move slot from Omanyte, for an actually usable move, and that's about it. Omanyte is a really good pokemon in gen 1 (especially against the last gyms+E4 when you get it) so I would consider still using it if I were you.

But I do have a few issues with this lorerule working a bit weird in most games it is relevant in and only with the move Toxic. I'll think about changing it in futures updates, we'll see. Thanks again for the feedback.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Hi all, you are in for a treat this time - Lots of awesome new @mewstein art! And a few other fixes, coming up in version 1.12. Still slowly working on the Gen 3 mons as usual, so stay tuned for that. I’m also doing my own HG lorelocke, so I might get a few notes and fixes out of that run as well.

Version 1.12 – Update Log

Added:
Added the Bishop Fish / Monk Fish rule to the Chinchou line! (Originally made for a Gen 3 pokemon).
Arrrrrrrguably awesome art for the Shellder line!
Fearsome art for the Gastly line!
Titanic art for Onix!
Hypnotizing new art for the Drowzee line!
Intimidating new art for the Krabby line!
Shocking new art for the Voltorb line!
Festive new art for the Exeggcute line!
(There is too much art for me to show you here, just check the document out, you won't be disappointed).

Fixed:
Changed Articuno's Bringer of Winter a bit to also affect Water and Electric moves (mainly for coming Gen III pokemon with this rule).
Changed Cetus rule to demand that in order to vanquish this pokemon and tame it without paying the sacrifice, you must hit it with a Fighting type pokemon.
Changed Omanyte/Omastar’s Yaoshikepu rule into Descendant of Yaoshikepu /Akkorokamui rule which says “This pokemon descends from a powerful deity that used to be a fearsome spider and was turned into an octopus god. While it is in your party, you may sacrifice a pokemon you just fished (avoiding that pokemon’s lorerule effects) to put an offering on Omanyte/Omastar. When Omanyte/Omastar turns level 40 if it doesn’t have any offerings on it, it kills two random pokemon you own from the box/party. You may remove an offering at any time to try and 50% prevent the death of a pokemon from a lore rule. Omanyte/Omastar is considered Bug type for loreules purposes.”. (Inspired by a comment by @Trollkitten )
Fixed spelling errors, changed formatting a bit and reordered some of older the rules.

As always, I'd love to hear your feedback, your thoughts, and stories of your own advnetures using these rules. See you next time!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I got an error when trying to download the document, saying that I don't have access to this page.

Also, that's a really cool new lore rule for Omanyte, and it's going to be interesting me trying to figure out how to best use it in my FireRed lorelocke.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Thank you! Good thing you told me about that rule and inspired me to make it more interesting and loreful.

I changed the link and changed the access settings, is the problem fixed now?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
It works now! Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)