• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Teen Mon The Long Way (A Leafgreen Nuzlocke)

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@original nickname Glad to have you on board, even though you hopped on right at a hiatus.

So. Where the fuck has this been, I'm guessing you might be thinking. Especially since I got featured in the Showcase Spectacular.

Well, about the time I mentioned us getting new floors, is when i experienced probably the worst month in my life that I've ever had. It was rough. Real rough. And across that time I considered abandoning the comic, or turning it into written format, or just...something. Then I got contacted that I was in the showcase, and suddenly...I didn't want to just give up. I felt like I had done something right if at least a few people thought I was worth even a miniscule amount of attention, so I couldn't just give up. The past few weeks have been me going at the page, then deleting half of it, then starting over, then undoing what I undid, and the end result is...the page is not done yet. But I didn't want to delay you guys getting content even longer, so here's the first half of the page. Second half will be up by this time next week, and then we'll be back with a weekly-ish schedule. Sorry for the delay, and I hope you guys stick around for more.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Hey, I'm glad you decided to stick it out with your comic! I'm really fascinated by what the story is with Leo. I honestly don't even have a guess about what the whole mystery is, and I love it. Keep up the good work!

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Just caught up on the run and I have to say Im glad your not giving up on it either because this story's hook with Leo is just too good!

ZHODY

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ZHODY have minimal knowledge of almost every subject. They take pride in this.
*slams that watch button*

The lead reminds me of Robo in my Moon Wedlocke. She thinks she's in a VR game.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
@Spectacles Well it's definitely going to be a slow burner of a mystery, but hopefully this page will provide some more context to the whole thing.
@SweatingCalendar I think you're exaggerating just a little, but the praise makes me feel like I'm not just wasting my time, so thanks.
@ZHODY *slams that appreciation button*

Just went ahead and posted the full page 10, first half included, because that's how the page was written to flow better. Next week we'll be back with a nowhere near as long page because it was two months of torture to make this! :'D

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@SweatingCalendar Yeaaaaaah that was honestly one of the first decisions I made going into the page. I wanted that Abra's arm gone.

I could make excuses about the week being busy and all, but...no. Really, after the last page, I just got really lazy. Didn't start the page for 5 days, and then only worked a little every day. The past couple days has been me working overtime to finish this in time, so...enjoy!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

So...where have I, and this comic, been for the past 8 months? It's a long story, so if you don't wanna hear all the deets

So it might have been briefly mentioned here and there with my previous comments, but my life has not been the most stable as of late. After almost 20 years my mom finally had another child, my little brother, and as of August 2019, I became his full time babysitter. It's my job, it's how I get paid nearly not enough that I should be, and it's what takes up about half of every waking moment in my life. I love the guy, I really do, but it is not a good situation, and the best option is putting the barely 20 year old to act as a surrogate stay at home father for a child I never had, for about $2 an hour.

That is fact #1, fact #2 is that, in regards to gen 8, a lot of the fun of pokemon got sucked out of me, I didn't feel like supporting game freak, I haven't actually played a pokemon game since the last update. Well, technically I started playing Pokemon Insurgence a couple weeks ago, but I don't really count that.

Thirdly, whilst working on the original Page 12, I had to change phones. Que my horror when I realized that all my notes. All of them. Were gone. Countless hours of detail work, gameplay, story crafting, all just gone. If I wanted to continue, I'd have to try and recite everything from memory. I still have the game to keep track of natures and what pokemon I had and who died, but I would have to recreate it all from memory. Needless to say, I felt defeated.

So I vanished. I know, shitty thing to do, but my life just...wasn't this, it wasn't pokemon and nuzlocking, and it hadn't really been that for a couple months by that point. Of course, with time passing, I'm growing to miss it oh so much, and my life seems even slightly more calm, so...a looser art style, shorter/smaller pages...I think I can really do this.

So yeah. I'm back for the foreseeable future. Pages won't be this short normally, I just really wanted to get something done to show that I am, in fact, back. Hopefully doing weekly updates. This'll...this'll be interesting, to say the least.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

Trying a new style for faces, it's still evolving into...something. But I'm actually proud of how this page turned out.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

As a reminder, it's still a constantly shifting style, trying to find what exactly I want to settle on. But, now there's eyebrows, and a lot of this page I'm actually, like, really proud of, for once. Next week is a jam packed page, so get excited

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
What an interesting premise for a comic! Our protagonist is certainly an intriguing fellow, treating this entire ordeal like a game. I also really like his rival - it's so rare to see a portrayal of the FRLG rival as a calm, mature dude, and their dynamic is really interesting! Excited for more of this!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Drops this here*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
How have I not read this yet? Your writing is massively funny, and I'm interested to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
and up to speed again
I guess no matter how many times you look at that Bill scene, it will never stop to scar you..

and hey, it is not the Raticate that get killed thsi time, it get to be the one that kills!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

What an interesting premise for a comic! Our protagonist is certainly an intriguing fellow, treating this entire ordeal like a game. I also really like his rival - it's so rare to see a portrayal of the FRLG rival as a calm, mature dude, and their dynamic is really interesting! Excited for more of this!
Yeah, Danny is definitely supposed to be a likable rival, but still antagonistic in the fact that he's opposed to the total asshole that Leo is being. But don't worry, reality will eventually come in for a check up. Eventually.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Drops this here*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I...I genuinely have no words...you have no idea how happy that entire image makes me.

How have I not read this yet? Your writing is massively funny, and I'm interested to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.
Haha, yes, the funny pages, just like this page, super funny. I'm so happy that you actually like this little ol run, considering how much I love your work. And I can promise, it certainly goes somewhere different compared to most kanto comics.

and up to speed again
I guess no matter how many times you look at that Bill scene, it will never stop to scar you..

and hey, it is not the Raticate that get killed thsi time, it get to be the one that kills!
Yeaaaaaah, spoke just a smidge too soon there, but that's alright.

Hey, did someone want a gut punch pun intended of a page? No? Well, you got one. A little mixed on how this page came out, some of the panels I really love and some I just...don't, but it's whatever. Next week...Surge.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Well, that's one way to handle killing the rival's Raticate. Poor P.W. ;;

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Damn, things got intense in here SUPER quick

Then there's that

Rest in piece, Pussywagon XD

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang, an eye for an eye. And then the trainers fight each other, I always love seeing that interperson physicality, really makes the gut punches punchier imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)