• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Comic Kanto Teen Mon The Long Way (A Leafgreen Nuzlocke)

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
Hey everybody, and welcome to this...mess. So, to make a long story short, this is a run I have had in the works for a while, and the entire basis of this was based off an idea a close friend of mine (Kingklang) had. The uh...the basis won't become apparent for quite a while, but just stick with it. This run is already complete and scripted, but speculation is appreciated.

Rule #1: You can only catch the first pokemon you find on a route.
Rule #1B: If you have caught a pokemon previously, you can't catch it, or any other pokemon in its line, again, and it doesn't count as your first pokemon.
Rule #2: If a pokemon faints, it dies.

Last edited:

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh, I don't think I've ever seen this run before. I like the expressions of your characters! I can't say much about the "plot" this early on, but I can appreciate that we just skip over the intro. Been there, read that.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Welcome to the new forums, that avatar is horrifying but somehow fitting with the tone of your run so far. The run is already scripted in whole? That's very impressive, good job on figuring out where you are going so early on. Do you think much will change about that script as you move forward on the comic and as an artist/writer?

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Bug Thanks, i've been trying something new with the expressions, and I'm glad how it's working so far. And yeah, there have been so many good jokes made about the kanto games intro, that I figured why bother trying to stand out?
@Kadew Yeah Old Man Mime is terrifying and I love it. Yes, it's all scripted, because I'm an overachiever who likes to put too much stress on himself. I've already come up with a few tweaks and changes through the story to make things flow better, and I already know that because I'm a lazy PoS I'm going to do some clever workarounds of really complicated panels.

Speaking of complicated panels, this page took me two weeks to make. Technically it's been almost three weeks since I posted page 3, but one of those weeks I was out of town with family. And man does it not feel like the time and effort was worth it. But please, enjoy the longest page of the comic so far.

I also acknowledge my own inabilities to art effectively at times, so I'm planning on doing weekly updates. Whether that includes one page, two pages, a page and some extra art, or just extra art because it's taking me too long to finish a page, it's gonna be weekly.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Ngl, I think the thing that really draws me to this run is just how casual Leo is.

Because that's not casual. That is straight-up depression, my dudes. Like, from the waking up with a monotone "neat" to shrugging off deaths like Leo can't even muster up the right emotions to react to it. And as funny as it is to watch him just breeze through Oak's lab and blow Danny off—as silly as the art looks—Danny ... has a good point in worrying about Leo. Whatever's going on, this ain't gonna end well, and it's good that Danny's dedicated to reaching out to Leo and trying to pull him out of this before more pokémon get hurt.

Or at least, I think that's what Danny's trying to do right now. And if so, heck yeah to rivals who aren't complete dicks, on that note.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@Minty Electronica Man do I like your view of all of this. But yes, Danny isn't a complete dick, that is one of the main things I started with when writing this comic. I'd give pokemon some slight redesigns, I'd try my best to mix up expressions and styles to get a feel of what I like, and that the rival wouldn't be a total douche.

And today we follow up the longest page yet with the shortest page. Because boy do I know how to make consistent content. Also tried out some new things with backgrounds, and I think it looks pretty good.

Next week is gonna rock you like a...rock...storm.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Surprise, early page! I've actually had this page bouncing around in my head for like...a month now, so it's good to finally get it drawn.

Tried some fun new things with this page, and because I forgot to mention it last time, I've officially given Turt pupils. Makes it easier for him focusing on things. Unfortunately, not going to be another page for at least a week, because I'm out of town starting Monday.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Holy crap, that Onix is massive!!
are you sure this is Kanto? lol
Equally, it requires 5 water gun to take it down huh?
This run is bloodier than I initially thought it to be!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@Velink Yeah, I always love when Onixes are shown to be like, kaiju size in comparison to the starters. And the blood was actually a decision rather late into making the page...so late that i in fact forgot to add the dust effects because of it

So. It's been a few weeks since I last posted. That isn't because I haven't been working on pages, it's because I now have a full time job babysitting my little brother. Thusly, it's been me trying to find time to art while also keep him entertained. Also this page was strangely difficult to work on, I dunno why. But we'll be back to weekly updates now, I've got a good system worked out. Also, enjoy an extra little thing of reference art for the other team members.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
wait a minute!
what did you catch in that route??
what is Britney??

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
So you went out of your way to track down a paras? Interesting choice, though I guess you are about to face Misty and don't have a grass type yet. Adamant nature is lucky, I hope that cute little buggo with skullface mushrooms goes far!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@Velink In my mind's eye, it was super clear what I caught, but in actuality man did I fuck that up. Britnay's a Spearow, got instaboxed.
@Kadew Yeah...I uh...I'm totally reliable for 'strategy' and 'using things to their full potential'

So I just...I just want to say right away that I wanted more for this page. I had envisioned a much better page. But...every step of the way, it just...stopped being that. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, I dunno, but enjoy the most straightforward page yet.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Ahaha, so...no page this week. The next page isn't too complex to draw, but the problem is that I haven't been able to do much thanks to a handy little thing called heat migraines.

Next week will hopefully be two pages, cause this current one is nearing completion, but I know I won't finish it this week. See you all next time!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I'm gonna side with the grunts here, fossil puns are very important and getting just the right one is of upmost importance. If only our protagonist could learn that.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@Kadew Yeah no, unfortunately Leo isn't part of the A-tier pun games at the moment. But who knows? Maybe that'll change?

Missed out on an update last week, but that's solely because I was embarrassed that I still hadn't finished the page. But uh...after 3 weeks, enjoy a page with minimal actual involvement from the main character!

And for page 10, well...I'll just leave this here for scale.

cunprocz

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Pokémon Type
Cute
par a sism yso u l b ound c omp anion. i like this comic. the story has nice and slow feeling and i really like it. would you please tell me how to increase chances of obtaining paras?

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Hm, I wonder what our "hero" was doing over there at the house with the cop in front. He looks so not-suspicious-at-all as he's walking away. And I sure do hope Turt McGurt and Danny can get him the help he needs.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
@cunprocz It's just that I used repels to get down to the hallway level where Paras is the only pokemon you can encounter. Really easy to get to, actually.
@Kadew Nothing suspicious at all, not to worry one little bit.

So since this is a big page, I decided to go at this one a little differently. Here's a preview of the brand new sketch layer I decided to use first. Not too many spoilers for the page in it, hopefully I'll be able to focus on this over the next week.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
So, what happened to pages.

Well, the page is a big one. So big in fact, that I figured I'd have to break it in half probably. I was planning on posting the first half of the page this week.

Then I realized what date it was. Turns out this week is the same week that we're getting our floors yanked out and swapped over from carpet to hardwood paneling. It's very nice and totally not disturbing to me. As is the fact that I'm typing this up on the last night that the computer is plugged in. Meaning I won't be able to draw anymore of this page. Meaning I won't get anything out this week. Hopefully I'll have the page ready by next week, sorry for the major delay, but I personally think it's for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)