• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

The Flame Tears Cannot Extinguish

A

Aozora

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quite an irony for that gif seeing this update actually came out in less than a month compared to the previous update, but-- it encompasses my feeling towards this update because boy, I can finally say it--

Say what, you ask? Well, look no further than the fourth update of The Flame Tears Cannot Extinguish, then!

(Also It’s on SJ now!!! Hee yaw!!!)

Finally I!! Can mention his name!!! Without calling him Croquette/Burrito/Protein Bar Man anymore!!

This all can easily be avoided if I just use his canon name but noppity nope. Everyone gets named like an actual person for once! (Tbh I actually know someone named Cyrus irl but it's not fair if everyone else get renamed and he doesn't lmao. Also symbolism.)

Anyway, this update is absolutely meant to replace the scene where we met him in Lake Verity at the beginning of Plat's game, but we skipped those, so... a brand new scene where I have the liberty to show him being super cool and for Fia to land on his moobs. Yes, I channeled my whole thirst into this update (ngl he's roughly 70% of the reason why I wrote FT lmao).

I also totally don't know how to draw Honchkrow. If their tail looks like something undesirable, I apologize.

Shout out goes to my betas @Raycchan and @Piyostoria esp regarding the color shenanigans, and special thanks this time are dedicated to @Obelisk and @MouseWithADinosaurTail for their help in some parts of this update. Please go check all these amazing people!
If you want a chance for your character(s) to appear in one of FT’s updates, you can share your character references (descriptions for storylocke characters are also accepted!) in the spreadsheet below!
Rules and TnC are included inside the spreadsheet. If you have questions, you can just send me a PM or DM me on Discord.
@Velink : I told you in DM already, but to reiterate, I’m using Sundanese script XD The written language is also not English cause the script doesn’t work well with English (it’s more phonetic based), but yeah, it’s actually closer than you thought! Also ssssh, don’t spill Fia’s true identity away. Anyway, do you think the next page is as comfy or not? XD

@Kadew : Oh man I wish. But alas, Sirius had to show off with his own floof gang. (I hope you appreciate the big bird at least XD)

@Uberle : Ikr!! RIP flightless birds… at least the conspicuous old(?) man did come to the rescue XD

@RubyClaw : Awww thank you for missing this run ;;w;; I’m so glad to be able to make a comeback with all the happy gang too! Also yeah, we do need a cliffhanger or two sometimes XD

@Minty Electronica : Heheheheh Burrito Man heheheheh. I hope you enjoyed his grand entrance? XD

Also OMG, thank you so much for that analysis of Mar. I’m so glad that I was really able to make it across about his curiosity and enthusiasm. He did start as an impatient hyperactive child in the old draft but I decided to tone that down and make him as he is right now. I’m so glad that you really like him!! ;w; Also happy Popiah best Popiah o>-<

@Bowser's Family Vacation : OOF YOU’RE RIGHT LMAO. I guess that shows how Fia can be…. Pretty dumb sometimes. XDDD Anyway yeah, Barry’s also my favorite rival for reasons including you’ve mentioned. I’m glad that you like my rendition of him ovo)b

@glancesherlock : alskdjalsdkm don’t worry about it! I’m always glad if I can get the colors right because they’re a bit tough to pick sometimes, so knowing if they sit right with the readers or not is always a good thing for me! Also thanks for appreciating the expressions too ;w;)b

Is it destiny? Also you probably know how thirsty I am for this man alskdmsdjskdk

A

Anike469

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still like how you drawing your pages with this palettes, and your style... but OMG finally we met Cyru-  Sirius! He looks like a good character...interesting, how you will show him in your story? : D

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Every single panel with that weavile's :3 face is the very best panel, I love this little gremlin. And I can feel the potent shoujo energies radiating from that meet-cute with Sirius. I'm interested to see what you're doing with his character, seeing him being kindly and acting like a human with human emotions is pretty different from everything previously expected, and that recognition is hmmmm. Either way, his fate sure seems to be entwined with Fia's, given the very last panel.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Well, I'm not sure how safe that temporary ledge is but it is sure pretty now :).

That must be the kindest version of Cyrus I've seen so far. Really curious to see how he'll be involved in your story.

ZHODY

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ZHODY have minimal knowledge of almost every subject. They take pride in this.
ok, 1.  I am intrigued by the idea of Cyrus Sirius being a love interest

and 2.  Don't think I don't see those ribbons on her sleeves constantly changing color between blue and pink/red.  I can't find any reason for the changes so i'm thinking it's either aesthtic or a mistake.  I dont really care about this, tho.  I just felt like I had to point it out

Bowser's Family Vacation

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I would die for Popiah, and Popiah would die for Fia. Does that mean I would also die for Fia? I guess it does.

That's the prettiest pool of sludge ever.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
More than just a bad bitch–I'm a Pintrest lady.
THAT FIRST PANEL, YIKES. Impending doom right off the bat - that was quite the creative rescue though!!

Oooooooooooh baby that's a good-looking Honchkrow. 10/10 would catch.

Sirius Moran is such a baller name, I love it. ...He has a nice coat.

The makeshift railing the Pokemon all make together is so cute! I live for "fated meetings" like this. Here's to being thirsty- I-I mean, hear's to romance. (Hnnnnng that flower at the end <3 <3 <3)

Herk

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 7, 2019
Love the dreaminess of your drawing style and PSYDUCK OMG😍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)