• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Mature Mon The Ballad of Brett

Thread Description
Classic Blue for a nice cup of Nostalgia

Wwarborday

Gradually Becoming Productive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
Have a nice holiday! Love the format you've used for the hiatus announcement.

Yams

crybaby
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Probably asleep when you meet them. Can easily be lured out with cinnamon soda and sewing supplies.
Oooooh I love this! I just read it all in one sitting!

Super curious what's going to happen with Monarchy!

Have a nice holiday!!! c:

RandomTrainer

.... huh?
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
hey you/whatever
Pokémon Type
???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alrighty! Back and eager. I've not quite gotten as much time to sit down and work on my ComicFury HERE , but I've at least got it started with Page1 so far XD
The animals are all excited to see us again and like always the Gogoats have busted a bit of fence, so its in need of mending.
I'm so enjoying drawing these pages and looking forward to getting further into this chapter <3

Trust me @Wwarborday , I've told this Butterfree I love her every day <3
I seriously feel she's the best one I've ever had and I was never this attached... Let's just say the powers of a Nuzlocke really sank in with this one.
The gravity of naming them, leveling and wanting them to live... This whole bit as sorta been an Internal Debate I'd been having here...
Whom of my Party to have in the Lead.
Typhun was getting a bit Bulky in levels, Ben was still Behind, Algernon was still by my side and.... I just didn't want to chance losing my Beautiful Butterfly.

@Kadew A friend of mine relate Brett chasing after her to the British Guy yelling for his dog "FENTON!!!" XD
It's cheesey, but its a representation of how fast my heart was running... I'm seriously 'awww' about your support for Brett, I hope he makes you proud <3
P.s. Mwahahaha, yeeesss the Magikarp >: D

@Yams Eee, I love hearing this was binge worthy!!!
My holiday was wonderful and I'm so happy to come back to having a new reader!
I'll be happy to feed your curiosity <3

Last edited:

Wwarborday

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
I love this comic so much.

Ugh, I totally get what you mean. You just get so weirdly attached to these little pixels. They totally come to life, once there's this real danger of losing them.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
I completely understand your love for this butterfree because I love her too. Thank goodness we get a happy resolution here, be sure to give her lots of fruit and flowers and lemonade and never let her perish.

RandomTrainer

.... huh?
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
hey you/whatever
Pokémon Type
???

There is no way I could continue this story without adding in little Mr.I Like Shorts. He's an icon, as much as Pokeballs, as much as Team Rocket, so.... here we go ;D

Last edited:

Wwarborday

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
What a smart young man, to use these shorts. I bet they're also comfy and easy to wear.

RandomTrainer

.... huh?
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
hey you/whatever
Pokémon Type
???
Hey, Gang!
Okay, so remember way back when I first started this and said that I'd a bit of trouble comicing my rival battle since he just used Growl forever?
Well, I finally had a zap of inspiration and got myself to start editing some things and being a bit more creative! I posted some of this up on ComicFury, but forgot to set it up over here at the same time, SO! I'll have to alter my page numbers, but all in due time~

I'm not quite finished yet, so just count these as easter egg stuffs or something for now.
Anyhoo hoo.......

I'm trying to have this segment's edit finished before the start of the New Year and still get in my Update to story as usual since I'm getting to be home for the holiday. Hope you enjoy and are all doing well :3

Last edited:

Exoskellet

Novice bone collector
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 29, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Likes skeletons
I always dig "realistic" pokemons , especially bugs

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oof ow right in the face, gotta keep your balls straight! And that alternate opening is much more characterization for the boyos, nice edit!

RandomTrainer

.... huh?
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
hey you/whatever
Pokémon Type
???
Sorry for the long wait everyone, hope you had a wonderful holiday and are looking forward to the New Year as much as I am!!!!

I FINISHED THESE EDITS!!!!!!! NOW, ON TO 2020 AND THE CONTINUATION OF THE STORY!!!!

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"I'm sorry, we've gotta beat each other up, it's the rules."

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Gotta say I just binged your entire locke and I love it a lot! Just a ton I really like, so cant list it all, but a few o the things I enjoy is your cool redesigns, lore regarding species and like, using IRL animal like influences like with the caterpie line, and idk. This is really fresh feeling for a locke.
Consider me a new follower!

RandomTrainer

.... huh?
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
hey you/whatever
Pokémon Type
???
Hey Guys!
Sorry for the long pause, holidays and the start of the year kinda swept me away for a while and then a few recent events messed with my head a bit.
It took a little bit to get myself straight, but that's how things got. We get ourselves together the best we can and soldier on.

I'll be shooting for next post around the 25th.

I can't believe I'm over 50 pages!!

@Kadew Hahah I know, right? XD it's the weirdest thing, random animal violence! It's the rules!

I'll be doing my best to coherently address the headcannon I've got of this, I guess you could say what I'm doing right now is an attempt at foreshadowing. The League is technically what drives the game, its rules we all just immediately agreed to when we started playing.....

@Polymori ......... is it okay to say I'm kinda freaking out that you're reading this? Q...Q

Last edited:

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
@RandomTrainer
Aww! No need to freak out! You have a great comic yo! Seriously, teach me to do bgs ;u; But thank you ;//u//;
EDIT: Cause I have a shit attention span. BUT these pages are super great! I super love how you work with a limited palette and make it work!
Also I've a bad feeling about these pages ;u;
I hope nothing bad happens to our rattata friend!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)