• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Roll to Dodge The Art of Minimalism?

Thread Description
Will the real JaneWolf please stand up?

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
I tie up the dark mass and unmask it, Scooby Doo style, to reveal its true identity.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Go find and finish the unfinished time machine Mondo was working on.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
reveal that the inside of my mouth is actually a portal to the alternate universe, and attempt to devour the dark mass again
[3]: In a last ditch attempt for survival, you reveal that your right hand contains a hole that leads to a random point in the alternate timeline. The Dark Mass must roll to dodge!

[3 for Cirr/3 for The Dark Mass]: The Mass slams into the ground, causing you to stagger and flee. You are utterly terrified at the ceaseless rage of this beast you have manifested.

Well, I’m still depressed about dying so there’s only one thing to do.

I condense all of my pain, my sadness, and my woe into this one assault, engaging in combat with the Dark Mass (or Cirr if they succeed).
[4]: Your eyes turn a bright gold, and your teeth begin gritting on their own. You dash through the blood red desert, on an endless charge towards the towering beast. Your hatred, your fear, your agony, all of these things are channeled into your fists for one final strike on the beast! The Dark Mass must roll to dodge!

[3 for Golden Fist/3 for Dark Mass]: The attack hits the blubbering flesh of The Dark Mass... and does nothing. The Dark Mass does not even notice that its been hit.

Oh neat, the alternate dimension huh? Let's explore down and see what secrets this place holds.
[6]: You begin to venture into the depths of the facility, as in this timeline, it wasn't opened by Zorua's meteor strike. The lights dim down, and suddenly you hear a hissing noise from above.

This creature snarls as it hears your movement, and jumps down with a large slash! You must roll to dodge!

[3 for ???/3 for Zero]: You manage to jump out of the way of the attack, and continue to run further into the facility, the creature chasing you all the while.

I tie up the dark mass and unmask it, Scooby Doo style, to reveal its true identity.
[4]: You attempt to use a binding magic to restrict the Dark Mass' movements and discover its identity! The Dark Mass must roll to dodge!

[3 for Browncow/6 for The Dark Mass]: The mass breaks the binding magic, and smashes its gigantic fist down on you, killing you instantly. Better luck next turn.

Go find and finish the unfinished time machine Mondo was working on.
[4]: You successfully arrive at the alcove, and using the instructions left behind, you complete the time machine. A note pops up on the screen on the door to the machine.

"Hello? Is this thing on? Hellooooo?~ Ok, it's on. Hi, this is a prerecorded message that's been left in the materials that you probably will use to build this Time Machine. It's of my design actually, oh, right, I should probably tell you who I am. My name is Lovefool, I was born out of the sand of this planet apparently. After the Black Knight turned on us and assumed their necromancer powers, we all wound up splitting up. Kazzius was building some sort of tower or whatever to try and escape, Mattelonian turned into... a god bird thing? Either way, this timeline is doomed. The Wolf has gone dormant here, and in order to get back to the main timeline, you'll have to go back to the beginning. That is where she resides. Hopefully, you will have killed the Black Knight by this point so they do not attempt to corrupt her, but I'm sure you've already handled that. As for what happens after you meet her, well, I wouldn't know. I've hypothesized a lot of things, but honestly, I'm pretty sure it would be wrong anyways. Doesn't matter for me though, by this point, I've already been dead for around... honestly I wouldn't know haha... I managed to get back to Earth... but uh, it's not the same as I remember it. I wish my friends didn't all die for nothing... but there's nothing I can do about that now. Whomever you are, I charge you with erasing this timeline, and freeing the souls trapped within it. Finish your quest, whatever it may be. Do not be fooled by that which looks to be an ally, and always watch your back. Lovefool, out."

The message scratches out and the door opens.

Enemy Turn:

The Dark Mass continues its neverending assault on Cirr!

[3]: It fires large dirty toenails at Cirr, Cirr must roll to dodge!

[4 for Toenails/1 for Cirr]: The toenail cuts Cirr's limbs, one by one, until eventually severing his head. Better luck next turn.

The Dark Mass howls in its victory, and crawls away to go and slumber.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
JUMP IN THE TIME MACHINE YOLOOOOOOOO

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Sighing due to once again my powers meaning nothing, I decide to head towards the time machine. If Zorua doesn’t manage to activate it and travel in time I will quickly hop in. If not, guess I’ll work on my own Time Machine.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
the hell

respawn outside time and space and eat the entire universe

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
I grab Cirr's health bar, and bludgeon the fleshy mass with it until one of them breaks.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
JUMP IN THE TIME MACHINE YOLOOOOOOOO
[6]: You jump into the time machine, and are suddenly warped straight into the timestream. You feel your body begin to tear at the seams, like an evil curse lifting from within your soul. It threatens to split you into two beings! You must roll to dodge!

[6 for Time Stream/1 for Zorua]: Your body has a spirtual mitosis, and turns into blobs on the floor. Soon the blobs begin to emerge. One blob is seen wearing dark, worn thief garbs, its eyes glowing a bright red, with a large blade in their hands. Another forms with a white cloak, and bright blue eyes, holding a large staff in one hand.

"FINALLY! I AM FINALLY FREE OF YOU!!! YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR MORALS! I CAN FINALLY ACHIEVE MY DREAMS OF CORRUPTING THE WOLF!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"I shall not allow you to do as you please you cur. You represent the very evil that lies within my soul, and I refuse to give you form any longer! Begone!"

Suddenly, the good half falls to his knees, the sharp pain of the morality split is effecting his strength. All the while the evil half laughs.

"LOOK AT YOU NOW! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WRETCH, A WORTHLESS PILE OF GARBAGE TO BE CAST ASIDE! HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STOP ME, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO TRY!!! I CANNOT PROMISE IT WILL END WELL FOR YOU THOUGH!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!"

Boss: Evil Zorua
HP: [][][][] (8 HP)

You must defeat Evil Zorua within the next 5 turns, or else they will corrupt the Wolf!

Sighing due to once again my powers meaning nothing, I decide to head towards the time machine. If Zorua doesn’t manage to activate it and travel in time I will quickly hop in. If not, guess I’ll work on my own Time Machine.
[6]: You create your own time machine, and go inside, only for it to send you far into the future. As you walk outside, you realize that you (just you) have only 5 turns before the oxygen escapes the dome due to the meteor Zorua sent through it!

the hell

respawn outside time and space and eat the entire universe
[1]: You respawn right next to a Supernova which explodes! You must roll to dodge!

[2 for Supernova/4 for Cirr]: You manage to hack into the system so that you suddenly appear on Mars instead, preventing yourself from dying an incredibly painful death twice in a row.

I grab Cirr's health bar, and bludgeon the fleshy mass with it until one of them breaks.
[2]: The Dark Mass has gone to slumber in an unknown cave, making this action impossible.

Enemy Turn:

Evil Zorua attempts to strike down Good Zorua!

[4]: He takes his blade and attempts to cut Zorua's head off! Zorua must roll to dodge!

[3 for Evil Zorua/5 for Good Zorua]: Good Zorua manages to parry the blow with his staff and bop Evil Zorua on the head!

"ARKH!!! THAT HURT YOU DASTARD!!!"

Evil Zorua
Health: [][][][ (7 HP)

5 Turns Remaining.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
eat the timestream

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
YAY GOODY GOODY ME FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS WOO HOO I CAN'T POSSIBLY FIGHT MY EVIL SELF NOW CUZ PACIFISM

FIND DARK SAMUS OR SOMETHING THAT WILL CORRUPT ME SO I CAN STOP THINKING ABOUT FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS AND GARBAGE

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
I hop back into the timestream, and attempt to collide into Bad Zorua.

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Give Evil Zorua a firm slap.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
I fetch Withers and the flash drive off my body, and create chains around Evil Zorua's feet so he can't move.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
eat the timestream
[4]: You ascend into the sky, and prepare to consume the entirety of this timestream! The timestream must roll to dodge!

[2 for Cirr/2 for Timestream]: You stop yourself however, as you realize that doing so could end your own life as well, and you don't want to risk that.

YAY GOODY GOODY ME FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS WOO HOO I CAN'T POSSIBLY FIGHT MY EVIL SELF NOW CUZ PACIFISM

FIND DARK SAMUS OR SOMETHING THAT WILL CORRUPT ME SO I CAN STOP THINKING ABOUT FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS AND GARBAGE
[1]: In an attempt to corrupt yourself, you accidentally grab a Puritan Diamond, which instead attempts to purify you even further! You must roll to dodge!

[5 for Puritan Diamond/3 for Good Zorua]: You become engulfed in light, and emerge with angelic wings. You have almost become the epitome of Good itself.

"UGH! THAT IS WAY TOO BRIGHT!!!"

I hop back into the timestream, and attempt to collide into Bad Zorua.
[3]: Going back into the time machine, you leap out into the timestream, flying through until you reach Zorua's time machine, but instead of going for Evil Zorua, you attempt to knock the Puritan Diamond out of Good Zorua's hand! The Puritan Diamond must roll to dodge!

[6 for Aureum/5 for the Puritan Diamond]: You manage to kick the Puritan Diamond out of Good Zorua's hand, causing him to revert to his previous form.

"AH! IT'S YOU!!! THE ONE I'VE BEEN MEANING TO KILL FOR A WHILE NOW!!! IT'S TIME TO DIE, AUREUM!!!!"

Give Evil Zorua a firm slap.
[5]: You build yourself a time machine and leap to where the Zorua's are, and attempt to smack Evil Zorua right in the face! Evil Zorua must roll to dodge!

[1 for Mondo/6 for Evil Zorua]: Evil Zorua grabs you arm, breaks it, and throws you into the timestream. The overexposure sends your body throughout various time periods, splitting you into fragments of yourself. Better luck next turn.

I fetch Withers and the flash drive off my body, and create chains around Evil Zorua's feet so he can't move.
[3]: You fetch Withers, but forget the hard drive, and proceed to follow Mondo into his time machine.

[4]: You jump along with Mondo into Zorua's time machine, and attempt to create chains around Evil Zorua's feet using Wither's arms! Evil Zorua must roll to dodge!

[3 for Browncow/6 for Evil Zorua]: Evil Zorua cuts the rope, and proceeds to stab you into the chest, kicking you out into the timestream, where you suffer a similar fate to Mondo. Better luck next turn.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!!"

Enemy Turn:

"NOW IT IS TIME TO ADD YOUR BODIES TO THE PILE!!!! DIE YOU WEAK PILES OF TRASH!!!"

Evil Zorua attempts to carve up Good Zorua!

[6]: But ends up slipping over himself during the attack and starts tripping out of the ship, Evil Zorua must roll to dodge!

[6 for Timestream/4 for Evil Zorua]: Evil Zorua's left arm is ripped off and taken into the timestream, where it continues to split among the various timelines. He cries out in pain!

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!!!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Evil Zorua
Health: [][][] (6 HP)
4 turns remaining

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Not my plan, but I will adapt accordingly.

I shall take the Puritan Diamond I just kicked out of Good Zorua’s hand and put it in my pocket before proceeding to try and punch Evil Zorua in the face.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
THAT’S MY PRECIOUS DIAMOND YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON

STAB ANYONE IN THE VICINITY WITH FRIENDLY ROSES

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
I guess I really only have 1hp to work with. I use pain split on Evil Zorua.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
eat evil zorua's health bars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)