• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Roll to Dodge The Art of Minimalism?

Thread Description
Will the real JaneWolf please stand up?

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
summon the black knight, saying that by revealing his true form he is now powered up

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Take my Scythe back, and then use it like a golf club to wack Cirr at the army.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Find some armor. Preferably black armor.

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
I investigate the alcove.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
summon the black knight, saying that by revealing his true form he is now powered up
[6]: You summon the Black Knight back, and say to him that he is now powered up... what you weren't expecting however was the fact that due to the Genesis Scythe mixing with his undead flesh, The Black Knight has become a gigantic tumorous monster, who wants you dead specifically, as his mind has been diluted by the constant regeneration! The Dark Mass attacks you! You must roll to dodge!

[1 for the Dark Mass/1 for Cirr]: You manage to jump out of the way of the attack, but the Mass does not cease its advance. This could get nasty.

Take my Scythe back, and then use it like a golf club to wack Cirr at the army.
[5]: You yoink the Scythe out of Cirr's hands and prepare to launch them with gusto at The Dark Mass! Cirr must roll to dodge!

[1 for Scythe/6 for Cirr]: Cirr snaps the Scythe in half, throwing it at the Mass and running in the opposite direction. You stand shocked.

Find some armor. Preferably black armor.
[6]: Scrounging around the room, looking at your alternate allies, you find a set of plated steel armor, colored with the darkest ink imaginable. As you put the armor on, you start to feel yourself being pulled. It seems the act of putting on the armor has caused an opening in the timestream! And it's threatening to take you all the way back! You must roll to dodge!

[4 for Time Warp/4 for Zorua]: You manage to close the time warp before it could suck you in... normally this would create a time paradox, but you luckily have more opportunities to travel back into the past, so you're safe for now.

^ Spray paint that armor deep blue with hot pink streaks
[2]: This action is impossible as Zorua is still in the Alternate Timeline.

Alternate Zero:

[4]: Alternate Zero manages to paint the armor blue with hot pink streaks, to the ire of Zorua.

I investigate the alcove.
[4]: You walk through the cavern, finding that it is a rather lit up corridor. Someone must have clearly inhabited this location... but who? As you walk further down, you find a message etched into the wall.

ZOROARK'S COVENANT INFECTS THIS WORLD! ESCAPE WHILE YOU CAN! MATERIALS FOR A TIME MACHINE CAN BE FOUND HERE.

-Lov~~~~~~

The rest of the name is scrawled out.

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Upset about the destruction of my own Scythe, I want to try and go Super Saiyan.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
power up the powered up black knight

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
Summon a dark sword and slice alternate Zero in half.

0 Anonymous

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
So uh there's 2 zeros now. Main Zero and 02 if you will.

Main Zero: help Mondo do whatever they want to

02: turn into an even better sword than zorua's, matching the new color scheme of the armor. Uhh make that twinblades if I'm successfully cut in two?

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Build the time machine with Main Zero's help.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
Upset about the destruction of my own Scythe, I want to try and go Super Saiyan.
[4]: In your anger, you achieve the level of Super Saiyan. You can now go Super Saiyan at will.

power up the powered up black knight
[1]: You instead shoot the Dark Mass with a fire bolt... which doesn't damage him and instead makes him angrier. The Dark Mass attempts to crush you! You must roll to dodge!

[2 for the Dark Mass/4 for Cirr]: You shoot out more fire bolts, specifically at what appear to be eyes growing from its skin. The Dark Mass recoils in pain!

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHLLLLLLLLLLLLLGH!!!"

Summon a dark sword and slice alternate Zero in half.
[3]: You summon a Black Dagger, and attempt to stab Alternate Zero with it. Alternate Zero must roll to dodge!

[1 for Zorua/6 for Alt. Zero]: Zero grabs the dagger from out of your hand, stabs you three times in the chest, and then drops you down a corridor. You are dead. Better luck next turn.

So uh there's 2 zeros now. Main Zero and 02 if you will.

Main Zero: help Mondo do whatever they want to

02: turn into an even better sword than zorua's, matching the new color scheme of the armor. Uhh make that twinblades if I'm successfully cut in two?
[1]: You decide now is the perfect time to be unhelpful, and pull out a revolver from your pocket, pointing it at Mondo's head. Mondo must roll to dodge.

[1 for Zero/4 for Mondo]: Mondo manages to jump out of the way, and the bullet ricochets straight into your grey matter. You are dead... in this timeline anyways.

Meanwhile in the alternate timeline!

[6]: You turn into a better sword than Zorua... but you're threatened to be sealed within it, unable to escape! You must roll to dodge!

[5 for Sealed Sword/6 for Zero]: You just barely manage to escape the seal, but you're too terrified to turn into a sword again.

Build the time machine with Main Zero's help.
[1]: You attempt to build the time machine, but it appears the bullet that Main Zero fired at you is still ricocheting off the cave walls, and is headed straight for you! You must roll to dodge!

[4 for Bullet/3 for Mondo]: The Bullet grazes your leg, causing you to fall to the ground. The searing pain spreads like venom, all you can think about is how much this hurts.

Enemy Turn:

(Totally didn't forget this last turn)

The Dark Mass continues its chase for Cirr!

[5]: It charges quickly at Cirr with a large part of its body! Cirr must roll to dodge!

[6 for Dark Mass/4 for Cirr]: Cirr is flung forward by the attack and faceplants into a bed of rocks, breaking a few teeth in the process. Ouch.

The Undead Army prepares to strike... Aureum!

[3]: They charge head on towards the newly born Super Saiyan! Auruem must roll to dodge!

[6 for Undead Army/3 for Aureum]: Aureum fights his hardest against the threat, but the amount of Undead eventually overwhelms him, killing him through sheer numbers alone. Better luck next turn.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
eat the dark mass

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
Ah... back in the main timeline again. Judging by the monstrous mass and the undead that just ripped Aureum apart, life seems to have gotten a lot better around here!

Something feels familiar about the Mass... I try to appeal to it in hopes of allying.

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
I am gonna personally destroy as much as this army as possible as revenge for killing me, or so help me god.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
I fire heavy artillery into the dark army.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
eat the dark mass
[5]: You open up your mouth to reveal a gaping maw, and with it, you attempt to swallow the Dark Mass whole and consume its energies.

[3 for Cirr/5 for The Dark Mass]: However, the Dark Mass is simply too large, and it breaks your jaw upon the slightest entry. You are in incredible pain.

The Dark Mass continues to hunt you down regardless.

Ah... back in the main timeline again. Judging by the monstrous mass and the undead that just ripped Aureum apart, life seems to have gotten a lot better around here!

Something feels familiar about the Mass... I try to appeal to it in hopes of allying.
[3]: You present yourself to the Mass, its eyes widen in surprise in a bout of familiarity. It does not ally itself with you, but it will not attack you from this point forward, unless you directly attack it yourself.

I am gonna personally destroy as much as this army as possible as revenge for killing me, or so help me god.
[1]: You instead give in to despair and lay down on the ground, allowing yourself to be trampled by the army again, as you are that sad about losing your Super Saiyan powers. You must roll to dodge!

[2 for Undead Army/6 for Aureum]: But at the last minute, you jump into the air, kick flipping one Undead into another. You proceed to punch off their heads and grind their bones to dust with your fists. Once your rage was quelled, there were none left. You single handedly took down the entire undead army with your bare hands alone. You're still depressed about dying last time though.

I fire heavy artillery into the dark army.
[2]: This action is impossible as there is no army... Aureum killed all of them.

Uh sorry Mondo, I blame the bad guy.

I reverse time to prevent the bullet from ever being fired, to heal your leg.

02: Dab on zorua's corpse.

[2]: You cannot reverse time as your consciousness has fully transferred to the Alternate Timeline, making this action impossible.

[3]: You do the Default Dance on Zoura's corpse to celebrate your victory.

Enemy Turn:

The Dark Mass is still enraged at Cirr!

[5]: It shoots out massive tendrils to tear out Cirr's heart! Cirr must roll to dodge!

[5 for Dark Mass/5 for Cirr]: Cirr manages to jump off of each tendril ultimately avoids the assault.

The Dark Mass groans in frustration.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
reveal that the inside of my mouth is actually a portal to the alternate universe, and attempt to devour the dark mass again

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Well, I’m still depressed about dying so there’s only one thing to do.

I condense all of my pain, my sadness, and my woe into this one assault, engaging in combat with the Dark Mass (or Cirr if they succeed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)