• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Roll to Dodge The Art of Minimalism?

Thread Description
Will the real JaneWolf please stand up?

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
HE GIANT NUZLEAF ON TOP OF ELDER TREE. YOU WANT KILL HIM.

YOU AT FINAL BOSS! is one of the most famous RTDs ever produced on the Bay12 forums, it is incredibly popular and is full of many zany antics. I plan on running this either until I get bored or until it ends, but yeah, standard minimalist rules apply, hopefully this will inspire me to do a more serious RTD again in the future.

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
(Tell me if I'm doing this wrong...)
THROW HERACROSS.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Screw good strategies, I shall launch an Incineroar at the Giant Nuzleaf by using a cannon!

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
FIRE ASSAULT CANNONS

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(Tell me if I'm doing this wrong...)
THROW HERACROSS.
[3] YOU THROW HERACROSS. IT HITS BOSS. YOUR THROW WAS KIND OF WEAK THOUGH, SO IT DID NOT HURT MUCH. NUZ IS VISIBLY IRRITATED.

Screw good strategies, I shall launch an Incineroar at the Giant Nuzleaf by using a cannon!
[5] You put your wrestle kitty into the cannon, and fire. Its powerful Flare Blitz is SUPER EFFECTIVE! It knocks Nuz off the tree. Nuz is hurt, and is very angry.

SUMMON AQUIFER
[3] YOU SUMMON ROCKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN TO ATTACK THE BOSS! BUT YOUR POWERS ARE STILL UNTRAINED, SO YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO SUMMON PEBBLES. PEBBLES DON'T HURT NUZ AS MUCH. NUZ IS CONFUSED BY THIS ACTION.

FIRE ASSAULT CANNONS
[6] YOU LOAD UP THE ASSAULT CANNONS AND THEY FIRE, BUT THEY SHOOT ALL OVER THE PLACE, CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE ENTIRE FOREST AND ATTACKING MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM!

0ANONYMOUS WAS ATTACKED BY THE CANNONS! THEY MUST ROLL TO DODGE!

[4 FOR CANNONS/4 FOR 0] 0 MANAGES TO USE HIS PEBBLE SUMMONING POWER TO STOP THE CANNON BALL IN ITS TRACKS BEFORE IT COULD HIT HIM.

BOSS TURN:

"Urgh! That really hurt you know! GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

BOSS SUMMONS ARMY OF BELLSPROUT!

[6] THE BELLSPROUT ARMY HAS VERY HIGH STATS, BUT IF THEY ARE EVEN TOUCHED THEY EXPLODE, KILLING OFF MORE OF THEM THAN DESIRED.

Large Bellsprout Army

Highly Explosive.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
FIRE ASSAULT CANNONS THAT FIRES SMALLER ASSAULT CANNONS

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
I use a machine gun and shoot at some of these Bellsprouts, to cause a chain reaction of explosions.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
I can't resist attacking with context! I throw a giant self-destructing Voltorb at Nuz!

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
ohkay... we have a giant nuzleaf. so... TO THE SKIES CHARIZARD; USE BLAST BURN ON THAT GIANT NUZLEAF AND ITS ARMIES

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
THIS CAN ONLY GO WELL.

LIGHT TREE ON FIRE
[1] YOU TRY TO LIGHT THE TREE ON FIRE, BUT YOU INSTEAD DROP YOUR FLAMING OIL BUCKET ON YOURSELF! YOU MUST ROLL TO DODGE!

[3 FOR BUCKET/2 FOR 0] AS YOU TRY TO BACK AWAY, YOUR HANDS ARE SCALDED BY THE BOILING OIL! YOU NOW HAVE SECOND DEGREE BURNS ON YOUR HAND, THAT WILL CAUSE A -1 TO ANY ACTION INVOLVING THEM FOR THE NEXT 2 TURNS.

FIRE ASSAULT CANNONS THAT FIRES SMALLER ASSAULT CANNONS
[3] YOU CREATE AN ASSAULT CANNON THAT FIRES SMALLER ASSAULT CANNONS. HOWEVER, THE SMALLER ASSAULT CANNONS ARE NERF BRAND TOYS, AND DO VERY LITTLE DAMAGE TO THE BELLSPROUT ARMY, SO LITTLE DAMAGE THAT THEY DIDN'T EXPLODE, A FEW TRIPPED OVER THE NERF ROUNDS THOUGH.

I use a machine gun and shoot at some of these Bellsprouts, to cause a chain reaction of explosions.
[3] You use a nearby machine gun to fire at the Bellsprouts, and you manage to hit around 3 of them, but they were too far away to cause any real explosive damage to the rest of the army.

ignore the bellsprouts! i punch the boss right in the face
[3]: You rush past the Bellsprouts, climbing up the Elder Tree, and punch Nuz right in his big nosed face... but it hardly damages him. Nuz, very visibly irritated, goes to punch you in the face. You must roll to dodge!

[4 for Nuz/1 for AWK] Nuz punches you so hard, that your head flies off. You died. Oh well, better luck next turn.

I can't resist attacking with context! I throw a giant self-destructing Voltorb at Nuz!
[2] You don't throw the Voltorb at Nuz. You instead sit down and wait for your inevitable demise by the Bellsprouts.

ohkay... we have a giant nuzleaf. so... TO THE SKIES CHARIZARD; USE BLAST BURN ON THAT GIANT NUZLEAF AND ITS ARMIES
[3]: YOU GO TO ATTACK NUZLEAF WITH CHARIZARD... BUT YOU INSTEAD SUMMON A CHARMANDER, IT LOOKS VERY AFRAID, AND ALSO CANNOT FLY. IT INSTEAD USES EMBER ON SOME OF THE BELLSPROUTS, DEALING SOME DECENT DAMAGE TO THEM.

BOSS TURN:

"Hmm, that was amusing. Here, how about you try one of THESE!"

BOSS USES RAZOR LEAF! Everyone must roll to dodge!

[4 for Razor Leaf/6 for 0] 0 dodges razor leaf!

[2 for Razor Leaf/5 for Lucario]: Lucario dodges Razor Leaf, leading the leaves into the Bellsprouts, causing an explosive chain reaction.

[4 for Razor Leaf/5 for Aureum]: Aureum dodges razor leaf!

AWK is currently dead, but will return next turn.

[1 for Razor Leaf/2 for Browncow]: Browncow dodges razor leaf!

[5 for Razor Leaf/6 for Fractale]: Fractale dodges razor leaf!

"D'oh I missed!"

Medium Bellsprout Army

Highly Explosive.

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Well if first you don’t succeed...
Set everything on fire!

I shall use Firium Z to turn one of Incineroar’s fire moves into Inferno Overdrive and just plow through them!

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
ok... it wasnt what i wanted. but i will do what i can with the charmander that is gift from great RNJesus.

LETS DO THIS CHARMANDER, EMBER ON EVERY BELLSPORUT WE CAN SEE

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I feel like explosive Bellsprouts could be very helpful. I try to catch them with Ultra Balls.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
I summon forth the great Bellsprout that is supposedly the pillar of Sprout Tower.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Well if first you don’t succeed...
Set everything on fire!

I shall use Firium Z to turn one of Incineroar’s fire moves into Inferno Overdrive and just plow through them!
[6] You use Firium Z, turning Incineroar's Flare Blitz into Inferno Overdrive... there's just one problem. There's too much power in the move and it is going to cause a reaction that will deal massive damage to everyone! Everyone must roll to dodge!

[2 for Inferno Overdrive/2 for Aureum] You manage to hide next to a rock, which luckily protects you from the burning flames overtaking the area.

[1 for Inferno Overdrive/2 for Fractale] Fractale's Charmander manages to consume the flames in its direction, protecting its master.

[3 for Inferno Overdrive/6 for Zorua3] Zorua manages to absorb the fire and grant themselves the ability of pyrokinesis.

[3 for Inferno Overdrive/3 for 0 Anon] 0 manages to jump into a nearby pool of water to evade the flames.

[5 for Inferno Overdrive/5 for Browncow] Browncow uses one of the vines from the Elder Tree to swing out of the impact area.

[2 for Inferno Overdrive/4 for AWK] AWK pours some milk on the flames, causing them to not damage them, or their corpse.

[6 for Inferno Overdrive/2 for Bellsprout Army] The Bellsprouts combust into a massive explosion, leaving none remaining.

[6 for Inferno Overdrive/5 for Nuz] Nuz was hit by the attack, and moderate damage was dealt to him. Nuz looks to be in pain.

ok... it wasnt what i wanted. but i will do what i can with the charmander that is gift from great RNJesus.

LETS DO THIS CHARMANDER, EMBER ON EVERY BELLSPORUT WE CAN SEE
[2] This action is impossible, as the Bellsprout Army was destroyed by Aureum's Inferno Overdrive.

I feel like explosive Bellsprouts could be very helpful. I try to catch them with Ultra Balls.
[2] This action is also impossible, as Aureum destroyed the Bellsprouts before you could attempt to capture them.

REVEAL I HAVE THE FLASH FIRE ABILITY, POWERING UP FROM THE BURNS
[4] YOU HAVE THE FLASH FIRE ABILITY. YOU ARE NOW HEALED FROM YOUR BURNS, AND FIRE CAN NO LONGER DAMAGE YOU UNLESS THIS INCARNATION DIES.

I summon forth the great Bellsprout that is supposedly the pillar of Sprout Tower.
[1] You instead summon a massive Wailord, right on top of yourself. You must roll to dodge!

[1 for Wailord/3 for Browncow] You manage to avoid the Wailord... but now it's just sitting there.

continue to be dead
[1] You attempt to be dead, but Luigi shows up and starts sucking your ghost into his vacuum pack! You must roll to dodge!

[1 for Luigi/5 for AWK] You scared Luigi so much that he died instead. RIP Luigi.

BOSS TURN:

"MY FLESH!!! IT BUUUUUUUUUURNS!!!! MEDIIIIIIIC!!!!"

NUZ SUMMONS THE MEDIC FROM TF2 TO RESTORE HIS HEALTH!

[4] HE IS SUCCESSFUL AND THE MEDIC BEGINS TO RESTORE NUZ' LOST HEALTH.

Currently being healed by Medic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)