Video Galar Teen Team CobraStryke LightningBolt Presents: Blind Pokemon Sword Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Watch us play Pokemon Sword - Blind!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?

Hey, everyone! Team CobraStryke LightningBolt will be coming to you on Sundays from 2-6 PM Central Time for a Blind Nuzlocke of Generation 8!

On Sunday, we will randomly decide on which game we will be playing, and which starter we will choose! It'll be fun! For this run, I've remained as un-spoiled about Sword and Shield as possible, but I have learned about a few things:

1. The starter Pokemon are Grookey, Sobble, and Scorbunny.
2. New Pokemon: I know there's a sheep Pokemon, and a teapot Pokemon.
3. There are alternate forms of existing Pokemon similar to Alola. Ponyta is one of these Pokemon.
4. I have seen the boxart legendary Sword-wolf and Shield-wolf.
5. Ian had me block the tag "Dynamax". I am unsure of whether or not this is a Pokemon or a mechanic.
6. Apparently, the National Dex has not been implemented. I am unclear if this means that not all Pokemon will be in this game, or if backwards compatibility will be introduced later like in the case of Pokemon Bank compatibility with the Gen 6 games.

Come watch us on Twitch:

1. If a Pokemon faints, it is considered "dead" and is no longer able to be used, and must be either boxed or released. Battles against opponents that do not give experience do not count toward this rule.
2. I may only capture the first Pokemon I encounter in an area. Area is defined as the location specified in the "Met at" or "Received from" message in the Pokemon's status screen. This rule only applies once I am able to legitimately catch Pokemon.
3. Every Pokemon that I am able to nickname must have a nickname.
4. Shiny Clause: If a shiny Pokemon is encountered, it may be caught regardless of rule 2. If I successfully capture a shiny Pokemon without any of my Pokemon fainting, it may be used regardless of rule 2. If one of my Pokemon faint during the battle with this shiny Pokemon, I may still use them even if the shiny Pokemon is not caught, but I may not use the shiny Pokemon in the Nuzlocke should it be caught.

You can watch the VOD after it streams on our Youtube Page!

Last edited:

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stream starts in 10 minutes.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Sunday's stream is up!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Stream starts in 10 minutes!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Sunday's stream is up!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Stream starts in ten minutes!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Due to some technical difficulties, we had to split the stream, but yesterday's stream is up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)