• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Teen Tastes Like Chicken

Thread Description
Updates as close to weekly as I can

Vex

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I've dropped all my uwus.....

Hello, and welcome to Tastes Like Chicken, a Pokemon Crystal comic that follows Kiera, a Unovan Chef, on her quest to capture, cook, and eat the Rainbow Pokemon Ho-Oh!

Disclaimer: While this comic does not contain graphic violence, swearing, or other mature content, it does revolve around the concept of Pokemon being eaten and treated as a food source similar to cows or chickens. I marked it as teen just to be safe, so if you are uncomfortable with visuals of dishes containing Pokemon, please do not read this comic!

1. All Pokemon must be nicknamed
2. If a Pokemon faints, it is dinner dead and must be boxed permanently
3. Only the first Pokemon on each route may be captured
4. The game ends when the entire party is wiped out or Ho-Oh is fainted / captured
5. A visual log of all recipes must be kept and compiled for later use

Updates as close to weekly as I can
Read on Tapas!

Sarbear

phobiaverse overlord
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm in WIP hell, but at least it's warm down here.
It begins 👀 looking forward to this

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Oh my god I love this premise so much!!! And though I love gay bird Ho-oh, I bet it would make some damn fine chicken wings.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Personally I think Ho-Oh would probably taste more like pheasant. Or wild turkey.

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
HAHA That's fucking hilarious! I'm excited to see what comes out of this!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
but what if it doesn't end up tasting like chicken?

(watching)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
NIce to see this on the forums finally! And what a grand quest this will be. Now the real question is, would it change the flavor for Ho-oh to be cooked in a Sacred Fire compared to just a normal cooking fire? Or would that just allow it to do phoenix reincarnation and miss out on the actual chance for eats.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Can you cook a Fire-type? I know you can't set them on fire...

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
this style and setup is very fun so far!

Vex

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello all! Coronavirus has really thrown a wrench in my schedule, and the last two Saturdays have been so hectic that I completely forgot to post any pages! To make up for lost time, I'm posting both pages today :)
With any luck I'll be able to get my routine back and my "page every Saturday" schedule shouldn't prove too much trouble
PS: Page 2 contains a drawing of a Balut egg, a half-fertilized egg dish that I know can make some uncomfortable. If you are incredibly squeamish / don't want to see embryo-like imagery, skip this page!
I hope everyone stays safe and healthy during this difficult time!
Live Deliciously,
Vex

Vex

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A short reply post because I've been slacking...
@PurpleEyedGuma , @Sarbear , @rowantobias , @lostballoon , @overkill -- Thank you all so much for the lovely comments! I hope you'll stick around as I get my bearings-- this is my first comic, and while I'm not super familiar with the process I'm really excited to share :D
@0-Anonymous -- That'd be amazing honestly! I thought about doing a Kiera's Cookbook at the end of each chapter but I'm always excited to see new recipes
@Cirr , @Trollkitten , @Kadew -- We'll see :3c There are plenty more edible surprises coming up before Kiera gets to Ho-Oh, but I promise the Big Bird himself remains the ultimate prize

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
I think I am gonna
hurghhh
suddenly I am not sure whther this is a good idea anymore

boomdidiyadah

Hand Washer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokédex Entry
Quietly sings to itself quite constantly, and is said to always have a song inside its head. Despite this, it has a terrible singing voice.
Writing fake recipes seems like a cool idea! Here's one for Slowpoke Tail Syrup.

A sweet sap leaks from its tail's tip. Although not nutritious, the tail is pleasant to chew on. - Silver pokedex entry
Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew. - Moon pokedex entry

Needed:
- 1 Slowpoke tail
- About half as much water as the weight of the tail
- About a quarter as much sugar as the weight of the tail
- 1 pot

1. Put the water in the pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Insert the tail.
3. The boiling will draw out the sweet sap from within the tail. You can tell this is happening because the water will become pink in colour and the tail will become more shriveled. You can accelerate the process by gently pounding the tail, but be sure not to accidentally break off any bits of the tail.
4. When you believe you have drawn out all the sap, remove the tail and add in the sugar. Don't boil too long or the sap might evaporate.
5. Take the pot off the heat.
6. Stir the water and sugar until it hardens into syrup. Let cool before putting into jars.

The sweet syrup can be used:
- As a condiment on its own
- To create taffy or other confections
- In recipes as a substitute for honey or other syrups.

It is a very popular tea sweetener in southern Johto.

Note that you may wish to reduce (thicken) the syrup by simmering at low heat. This is fine, but generally unnecessary unless you used too much water.

Some recipes call for the tail to be sliced, the sap collected and inserted directly into the water. This greatly accelerates the process since it gathers all the sap at once, but it also runs the risk of blood mixing into the sap.

Finally, in some areas where sugar was historically unavailable, traditional recipes use a complex boiling process similar to that of maple syrup. This practice has largely died out due to global access to processed sugar.

Last edited:

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
Oh, this is gonna be amazing. I love this concept a lot!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I look forward to seeing how this girl reacts to Team Rocket's plan at the Slowpoke Well.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
Hey, this comic's looking awesome! I love your art style, and the premise is hilarious (don't tell PETA!)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Honestly I kinda dig that you don't shy away from pokemon as animals as potential foodstuffs. I love how chill this main character is about things, yet is still clearly very driven by her own eccentric goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)