• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Tala's Nuzlocke Adventure [Soul Silver-Normal Mode]

Thread Description
Page 57 is live!! (10/9)

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Gets easily distracted by video games, but when focused she can make pretty cool comics.
new banner 2019.png

Welcome to my Soul Silver Nuzlocke run! I've been working on this comic since the EARLY days of Nuzlockes (since 2011), so it starts out... a bit rough, but don't worry! It gets WAY BETTER.

Here's what I mean...

So if you want to brave those first few pages, you're in for a treat later! I hope you all enjoy!

Here are the rules:

1. Catch only the first pokemon you encounter per route - if you kill it, you don't get a pokemon for that route.
2. No duplicates. (Except the different gender Nidoran lines)
3. Name every pokemon.
4. If it faints, it dies.

This is my Deviant Art gallery dedicated to my Nuzlocke run. Check out my main gallery if you want too! If you like what you see in my Nuzlocke, maybe you'll like my other art!

I also have a twitter that I occasionally post doodles too! I also have an art tumblr that I post to every now and then.
But most importantly, I have a Patreon that I post exclusive content to! You can even see some BONUS comics I'll post only there for you, my precious patrons!

So, without further ado... Tala's Nuzlocke Adventure! Enjoy~

This is very tiny so click HERE to go to a full view of this page! View media item 2693

Last edited:

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It cannot be trusted with fire or sharp objects. Distract it with sparkly things, or face the concequences.
Hey, it’s great to see you back, and welcome to the shiny new forums too!!
This comic just keeps getting better, and it’s great to see how it evolves over time- in literally every aspect. I love the sketchy style and lighthearted tone of the first few pages, contrasted with the deep, detailed and carefully thought out story we have today.

Still throwing those mysterious visions and stuff at us as well, no idea what’s going on- I’m very intrigued.

Keep it up!!

pkmnMasterWheeler

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Tala!~ Great to see you moving to the new forum!~ And that improvement is nice! Man, I remember watching you draw the Whitney page on Livestream way back in the day! (And I know the "I started drawing this comic 8 years ago and it no longer looks like it's done by the same person" feel) Looking forward to seeing more from you!~

Uberle

Lur King
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bother him
I love this so much
Even though the early art is rough, it's still cute
And wow the later stuff is great
The entire main cast is a mix of badass and adorable and I love it

Tala's later looks give me Ramona Flowers vibes

Basically this is amazing and I can't wait for more

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Gets easily distracted by video games, but when focused she can make pretty cool comics.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tala's later looks give me Ramona Flowers vibes
I always drew her hair according to how my hair was styled at the time! So at that time I was DEFINITELY into Scott Pilgrim and I really loved Ramona. xD So you're spot on with that observation! haha!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Hey, it's here! The ultimate example of improvement overtime, which blows me away every single time I'm reminded of it. I love the panel you picked to show the current, with that cute magikarp flopping over the falls. A very good example. And to comment on your most recent page: Oh Dang! I don't think that was a good idea! Something bad is up and I don't like it ;A;

Dingopox

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Flying
Pokédex Entry
Despite being found outside it's Australian home range, wild DIngopox still feeds exclusively on Timtams.
Thrilled to see this back on the forums, I've loved bingewatching Tala's adventures. It actually took me a while because of the first page or two but glad I di!

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
*looks at Tala's original outfit* Yeeeeeah, you can tell this run was started in 2011. *shot!*

On a serious note, hoo, this was a ride. Not only did it enjoy quite an evolution in terms of art, but also? It went from cracky (one of the first things we hear our intrepid protagonist say is "sweet let's go kill things," after all) to this serious, deep, often intense story. (There are so many moments here I could point out. Bruce's death, Tala's backstory, literally everything from Rey's introduction onward...) And it's just fun reading that all at once; there's this sort of rush in watching the comic grow by that many leaps and bounds.

That said, hooooo ... I never thought I'd read a comic where I'd feel sorry for Silver. Like, sure, he's still kinda a dick (daaaaang, son, did you have to react like that when Tala caught up with you in Olivine?), but still, it's very, painfully clear that he wants to try. Oh, and seeing him in Dreamland with Electric Doggo God and Morty, about to receive word of his ~Purpose~ is just ... fun. Like, whatever happens here, it's going to amp up the drama. Maybe even send Silver off to Morty so they can sit down and talk things over. (Just kidding. I mean fight it out.)

Also, there's just so much tension in the triangle that is Morty-Tala-Silver that ... I'm very tempted to ship Tala with Jasmine. (Just kidding. I mean I'd love to see them try to work together.)

And of course, I gotta say Tala's team is great. Every single member in it is just memorable and works well with Tala herself. (Although Samara kills me with how cute she is and although I love Noctus's interactions with Tala, ngl, I'm really digging all of Spooky, from the design to personality. I'd go on, buuuuut this is a wall o' text as it is, haha.)

In other words, loving this run so far. :D

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
*looks at Tala's original outfit* Yeeeeeah, you can tell this run was started in 2011. *shot!*

On a serious note, hoo, this was a ride. Not only did it enjoy quite an evolution in terms of art, but also? It went from cracky (one of the first things we hear our intrepid protagonist say is "sweet let's go kill things," after all) to this serious, deep, often intense story. (There are so many moments here I could point out. Bruce's death, Tala's backstory, literally everything from Rey's introduction onward...) And it's just fun reading that all at once; there's this sort of rush in watching the comic grow by that many leaps and bounds.

That said, hooooo ... I never thought I'd read a comic where I'd feel sorry for Silver. Like, sure, he's still kinda a dick (daaaaang, son, did you have to react like that when Tala caught up with you in Olivine?), but still, it's very, painfully clear that he wants to try. Oh, and seeing him in Dreamland with Electric Doggo God and Morty, about to receive word of his ~Purpose~ is just ... fun. Like, whatever happens here, it's going to amp up the drama. Maybe even send Silver off to Morty so they can sit down and talk things over. (Just kidding. I mean fight it out.)

Also, there's just so much tension in the triangle that is Morty-Tala-Silver that ... I'm very tempted to ship Tala with Jasmine. (Just kidding. I mean I'd love to see them try to work together.)

And of course, I gotta say Tala's team is great. Every single member in it is just memorable and works well with Tala herself. (Although Samara kills me with how cute she is and although I love Noctus's interactions with Tala, ngl, I'm really digging all of Spooky, from the design to personality. I'd go on, buuuuut this is a wall o' text as it is, haha.)

In other words, loving this run so far. :D
AHHHH THANK YOU! 😭💕💕💕 I really appreciate your kind words! And I'm glad you're enjoying it!! I hope you'll continue to enjoy it! uvu/ <3

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Posted a cool bonus comic~

Uberle

Lur King
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bother him
I saw "let's go" and I was not let down

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hello, all! For those of you who don't follow my DeviantArt, I just wanted to update you all on why there's been yet another hiatus on my comic. :'D
I've been busy working on my Patreon and have been focusing most of my energies on my new webcomic (which I would like to come out by the end of October at least). On top of all that, I've been having to look for a new house on really short notice due to personal issues. And on top of THAT, my Cintiq decided to stop working recently. >:'C So, I've been forced to take a break for a while.

Fortunately, I got a new iPad Pro with Procreate on it and I've been excited to try it out! As soon as I am able to get my apple pencil I'll be back to drawing! I'm excited about it too~ I already have the next page's script completely written out and ready to draw. It shouldn't be too long until the next update, friends! So, I appreciate your patience! Keep being awesome! <3

LemonTea

Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 26, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
As the years come and go, the fact remains that I'm total shipper trash and that's what keeps me coming back.
Massive art quality improvements aside of course. Everything looks soooo gorgeous.

Aaaaand the plot thickens! Can't wait to see what's coming next! (Do take as much time as you need though)

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
PAGE 57 IS UPPPPP. Click here to read it now!!

EDIT: Sooooo, the page is showing up a lot smaller than it should be. You can view the page on my deviant art for now until I can get it fixed!

EDIT: Whelp, I can't figure out how to fix it. There's a link above the image so that you all can get access to the full view of it. it really sucks that I can't get it to be viewable without having to change sites or windows. <:T sorry, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

TalaSeba

"I should be drawing..."
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
As the years come and go, the fact remains that I'm total shipper trash and that's what keeps me coming back.
Massive art quality improvements aside of course. Everything looks soooo gorgeous.

Aaaaand the plot thickens! Can't wait to see what's coming next! (Do take as much time as you need though)
Eeee, thank you LemonTea! I'm glad you continue to read and enjoy my comic! ;v;/ <3

LemonTea

Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 26, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Let me tell you, I looooooove the idea of Spooky brewing tea out of every dream he eats. All like "Huh, this one has a bit of a zap to it." Such a creative way to utilize his early 2010's classic nuzlocke monocle-and-top hat-design!

I also love me some legendary dogs. I do hawever have a sinking feeling Silver is not going to enjoy being the Third Chosen Wheel lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)