• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Written Log Johto General Mon Take Pokéball (Revival Edition)

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
>Water gun
>water gun
>water gun
>exit lab

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Used to be frequent, but has matured into a lazy son of a--
>go west
>swap exit lab with go snek

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
May or may not be in a battle. I vote healing and then grinding up the lowbies a little before Sprout Tower and the gym. Maybe leave someone not too high for a safer catch though?

>Go West
>Go West
>Enter Pokemon Center
>Heal

Tired Pigeon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
It
Pokémon Type
Flying, Tough
Pokédex Entry
This pokémon is just too lazy.
>grind Go Snek
>grind Go Snek

Time Master Eon

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
>Go West
>Water Gun
>Water Gun
>Water Gun
trying to remember Johto, but I think we'll be in a battle.

NeoShade

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Tends to shy away from humans. Able to procrastinate for up to a year at a time.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cirr > Water gun
Exit Lab used Water Gun! He hits the foe Caterpie.
The foe Caterpie fainted!
Exit Lab gained 10 EXP. Points!
Grue gained 10 EXP. Points!

You defeated Bug Catcher Wade!
"Awwww..."
You received $32. Sent some to mom.

"You're awesome! I like you! I look for Pokémon here every day. When I'm in the tall grass, I find all kinds of Berries. If you'd like, I'll share some."
You registered Bug Catcher Wade's number in the Pokégear.

Cirr > water gun
You order Exit Lab to use Water Gun but there's no target.

Cirr > water gun

Cirr > exit lab
You call Exit Lab's name. He looks up at you expectantly.

Time Master Eon > Water Gun

poopawman > go west
You begin to travel west, but while crossing a patch of tall grass...
A wild Metapod appeared! It is level 5 and male. He has full HP and is healthy.
You send out Exit Lab. He is level 9. He has 24/28 HP and is healthy.

What will Exit Lab do?

poopawman > swap exit lab with go snek
You return NeoShade to his Pokéball.
You send out go snek. He is level 4. He has 17/17 HP and is healthy.

Metapod used Harden! Metapod's defence rose.

What will go snek do?

Rumors > Go West
Got away safely.

You're in the gate separating Violet City (to the west) from Route 31 (to the east). There is a guard stationed behind the desk here.

Rumors > Go West
As you move to open the door to the west, Lyra appears with her Marril. "I knew it was you, Enter Lab! How did you get past me? Here is something neat for surprising me, Enter Lab! It can record your Pokémon battles. I have to go now! I won't let you pass me again! Let's go, Marril!

You received a Vs. Recorder.

You're in the south-eastern district of Violet City, one of the oldest cities in the Johto region. A sweet scent which somehow reminds you of your childhood fills the air. There is a Pokémon Center, a house, and a school building here. A gate lies to the east. The north-western district can be reached by travelling west, and you can see a tall tower across a bridge to the north. A strange looking man wearing a headband stands by the Pokémon Center. A woman with brown hair is wandering around. A woman with black hair tied in a top-knot is walking around.

Rumors > Enter Pokemon Center
You're on the ground floor of the Violet City Pokémon Center. The nurse is waiting patiently at the nurse's station and there's a public use PC at the end of the desk. There's are stairs leading up to the second floor and down to the basement level. Another staff member blocks the stairs leading down. There's and elderly gentleman, a boy with glasses, a boy with brown hair, and a man in a singlet here.

Rumors > Heal
"Good morning! Welcome to the Pokémon Center. We restore your tired Pokémon to full health. Would you like to restore your Pokémon?" You return Exit Lab to his Pokéball and hand all of your Pokémon over to the nurse. She takes the balls from you and places them on a very advanced looking machine. A few seconds, some flashing lights and a little digital melody later she hands the balls back to you. "Thank you for waiting. We've restored your Pokémon to full health. Please, come back again any time!"

Tired Pigeon > grind Go Snek
You spend some time to train go snek.
go snek grew to level 5!
go snek's Max HP increased by 2! (19)
go snek's Attack increased by 1! (9)
go snek's Defence increased by 1! (9)
go snek's Special Attack increased by 1! (8)
go snek's Special Defence increased by 1! (9)
go snek's Speed increased by 1! (9)
go snek learned Sand-Attack!

You're on the ground floor of the Violet City Pokémon Center. The nurse is waiting patiently at the nurse's station and there's a public use PC at the end of the desk. There's are stairs leading up to the second floor and down to the basement level. Another staff member blocks the stairs leading down. There's and elderly gentleman, a boy with glasses, a boy with brown hair, and a man in a singlet here.

You Pokégear rings and you see Youngster Joey is calling.
"Enter Lab, good morning! It's Joey. Are you sleeping in? Oh yeah, I took down a Caterpie in the wild the other day. It was a cakewalk. Well, I guess it can't be helped, us being so tough. All right. Later!" Youngster Joey hangs up.

It would seem that Youngster Joey has been doing some training of his own.

Tired Pigeon > grind Go Snek
go snek grew to level 6!
go snek's Max HP increased by 2! (21)
go snek's Attack increased by 2! (11)
go snek's Defence increased by 1! (10)
go snek's Special Attack increased by 1! (9)
go snek's Special Defence increased by 1! (10)
go snek's Speed increased by 1! (10)

Time Master Eon > Go West
You can't go that way.

Individual action limit exceeded. Action ignored.

Time Master Eon

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Oh, I completely lost track of where we are.
>Wait until night
>Go North
>Enter Tower
>Find Wild Pokemon

Tired Pigeon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
It
Pokémon Type
Flying, Tough
Pokédex Entry
>Exit Pokemon Center
>Go north

NeoShade

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Tends to shy away from humans. Able to procrastinate for up to a year at a time.
Before I start, I want to make a quick note about the first command in this update. While I am going to allow commands that change the time of day, such as > Wait until night, I will only allow ONE of these commands per update. Furthermore, the time of day at the start of each update will be the time of day in my timezone (Australian Eastern Standard Time, or UTC+10). As a result, if the last command before an update changes the time of day to night time, that doesn't guarentee that it will be night time at the start of the next update. You'll want to get the time of day set early in an update and then follow it up with time-specific commands, otherwise you might find that it's not the time you expect.

Hope that all makse sense. As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Time Master Eon > Wait until night
You wait around until it grows dark outside.

Time Master Eon > Go North
You can't go that way.

Time Master Eon > Enter Tower
You can't see a tower here.

Time Master Eon > Find Wild Pokemon
You can't see a wild Pokémon here.

Tired Pigeon > Exit Pokemon Center
You're in the south-eastern district of Violet City, one of the oldest cities in the Johto region. A sweet scent which somehow reminds you of your childhood fills the air. There is a Pokémon Center, a house, and a school building here. A gate lies to the east. The north-western district can be reached by travelling west, and you can see a tall tower across a bridge to the north. A strange looking man wearing a headband stands by the Pokémon Center. A woman with brown hair is wandering around. A woman with black hair tied in a top-knot is walking around.

Tired Pigeon > Go north
You're standing in front of Sprout Tower, an ancient building several stories high. A bridge to the south leads Violet City. There's a young boy walking around. There's a signpost here.

NeoShade

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Time Master Eon > Read Sign
Sprout Tower - Experience the Way of Pokémon to Cast Aside Your Doubts

Time Master Eon > Enter Tower
You're on the first floor of Sprout Tower. A massive beam hangs through the center of the building, constantly swaying from side to side and statues of Bellsprout flank the exit to the south. A steep staircase in the corner leads up to the floor above. A monk stands by the staircase. Another monk sits in meditation. A woman in a pink shirt is examining the swaying beam. An elderly lady stands by the exit.

Time Master Eon > Find Wild Pokemon
You can't see a wild Pokémon here.

Time Master Eon > Use Pokeball
You can't catch the elderly lady in a Pokéball.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
> grind go snek
>go to next floor

Tired Pigeon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
It
Pokémon Type
Flying, Tough
Pokédex Entry
>Find a wild pokemon
>Use Pokeball

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
>armin
>go downstairs
>exit sprout tower
>head to Pokémon mart

When was the last time we bought items?

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
> buy 10 pokeballs

Good question

NeoShade

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Hi All. Sorry for the short absence. I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier or not, but Thursdays are particularly busy days for me, so that's whe I didn't get an update out at all yesterday.

I also want to clarify something about the Grind command that I hadn't though of until now. I will only grind in areas where you have already had your encounter (whether caught or missed), so that I don't end up wasting your encounter during a grinding session.

I also realised for the first time that Sprout Tower only has 3 floors. I don't think that this ever really sunk in with me before now. Thing is, that kind of makes it difficult to map, and for such a linear area, I don't feel like it needs to be that complicated, so I'm changing it. Sprout Tower will have 5 floors in this world, instead of 3. I don't usually give away mapping details like this, but because this could cause ridiculous amounts of confusion, I opted for what I feel is the simplest path.

Finally, I just want to say you're getting pretty lucky with some of these catches. Throwing one Pokéball and then using a move action is pretty risky.

Cirr > grind go snek
go snek grew to level 7!
go snek's Max HP increased by 2! (23)
go snek's Attack increased by 1! (12)
go snek's Defence increased by 1! (11)
go snek's Special Attack increased by 0! (9)
go snek's Special Defence increased by 1! (11)
go snek's Speed increased by 1! (11)

You're on the first floor of Sprout Tower. A massive beam hangs through the center of the building, constantly swaying from side to side and statues of Bellsprout flank the exit to the south. A steep staircase in the corner leads up to the floor above. A monk stands by the staircase. Another monk sits in meditation. A woman in a pink shirt is examining the swaying beam. An elderly lady stands by the exit.

Cirr > go to next floor
NeoShade > Correction: Go up
You safely navigate the hallways without running into any Pokémon.

You're on the second floor of Sprout Tower. The massive beam hanging through the center of the building can still be seen here. Torches adorn the walls and a monk stands nearby. There are two steep staircases here, one leading up and one leading down.

Tired Pigeon > Find a wild pokemon
You wander around the dusty hallways until...
A wild Rattata appeared! It is level 4 and male. He has full HP and is healthy.
You send out go snek. He is level 7. He has 23/23 HP and is healthy.

What will go snek do?

Tired Pigeon > Use Pokeball
You throw a Pokéball at the wild Rattata...

1... 2... 3... and click! Rattata was caught!
Rattata's data was added to the Pokédex.
What nickname will you give to your Rattata?

poopawman > armin
You decide on the name "armin" for your Rattata.

poopawman > go downstairs
You safely navigate the hallways without running into any Pokémon.

poopawman > exit sprout tower
You're standing in front of Sprout Tower, an ancient building several stories high. A bridge to the south leads Violet City. There's a young boy walking around. There's a signpost here.

poopawman > head to Pokémon mart
You can't see a Pokémart here.

Cirr > buy 10 pokeballs
You try to buy 10 Pokéballs from the young buy, but he starts to cry before running away.

Time Master Eon

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Dang, I waited till night so that might catch a Ghost-Type
>Go South
>Enter Pokemart
>Buy 10 Potion
>Grind Armin

NeoShade

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
@Time Master Eon Yeah, I know, and it was good thinking, but as I mentioned when I explained how time would work in the previous update, time doesn't remain the same from one update to the next.

If you want the time to be something specific (i.e. you want it to be night time so you can catch a ghost-type) then you'd have needed to wait until night and find a wild Pokémon all in the same update. Otherwise, time is reset to my local time at the start of each update.

I know that this sounds harsh, but I'm not doing it this way just to be a dick. I'm playing this on an emulator (primarily so that I can save-state in the middle of a battle when needed) and so changing the time means changing my system clock, which is a little difficult in my domain environment at work (where I post a lot of updates from). So, by default, the time will just be whatever time it happens to be here when I update UNLESS a command is entered to change it.

I hope that all makes sense, and sorry that you got a Rattata instead of a Gastly.

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
What have I done?

>check wallet
>buy 2 pokeballs
>exit mart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)