• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Sweet ReLEAF

Thread Description
Short, fun and sweet~ (Updated 8/13)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Joey what are you even doing here, go back to johto! Bloodfang, excellent name for a edgey little boy, can't wait to see these good beans teach him a lesson somehow.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg6-850217844
Leaf has got to work on her superhero landing more. Nana leveled up some off-screen to learn Leech Seed (No Pidgeys were harmed in the process.)

Again, to clarify things (since I haven't stated it very clearly): There are two Rattatas - Bloodfang is the one without the notch in its ear. It also looks much meaner (What have you been feeding it, Joey?).

Bloodfang is just the perfect name for an edgy angry kid to come up with and I love it.
Youngster Joey lives on the edge. He's made up a theme song for himself and everything.

I love all the little details like Joey having his initial carved on his cap and the Rattata spitting out blood (which kinda makes me feel bad ganging up on Pokemon in Route 1 by the way) - they really add up to make the characters feel more fleshed out!
I'm going for the shounen-anime fight kinda style here where characters can lose blood but still fight even after sustaining a lot of damage. As for the Route 1 'mons, I'm sure the ones who are the most eager for a fight are the ones who pop out right away!

Joey what are you even doing here, go back to johto! Bloodfang, excellent name for a edgey little boy, can't wait to see these good beans teach him a lesson somehow.
Leaf and Nana are two good beans! They're both just soft babies~

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh man that entrance, I relived every single time I've ever slid on wet grass as a child as she fell. Cannot trust grass no sir.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I love the distinction between the Rattata designs, it really shows how mean Joey's Rattata is! And Leaf slipping on wet grass, gosh what a mood.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg7-850469574
Jesus Christ, Joey. Why are you like this? In Firered/Leafgreen, he actually also has a Spearow.

But it makes sense that he's so strong, considering he's been level-grinding this entire time on Lvl 2 Pidgeys. I think the power's gone to his head a little bit. And he's not willing to let it go.

It wasn't very clear before, but our Rattata friend only has one eye.

Oh man that entrance, I relived every single time I've ever slid on wet grass as a child as she fell. Cannot trust grass no sir.
I can still remember the sensation *shudders*.

I love the distinction between the Rattata designs, it really shows how mean Joey's Rattata is! And Leaf slipping on wet grass, gosh what a mood.
Thanks! I try to make them easier to tell apart, and pokemons tend up pick up attitude from their trainers.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Wow, despite playing FRLG several times, I completely forgot Joey also has a Spearow. What a jerk. I do love that panel of Nana standing protectively besides Leaf ;;

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Oh only one eyes? I did not realized that before, I thought you just shaded its eyes

Just like in teh anime, leech seed is damn OP!
not only it saps energy, it also restrict movement and somehow give terrible pain o the target

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Wait a sec, that's the youngster Joey from the area north of Cerulean! He's travelled a long way and must've been grinding for ages to get to level 15 from all those route 1 babies. I think it's super cool that you've drawn inspiration for this little arc from trainers not even from around that route, very creative.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I made a banner for this run~!

https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg8-850795438
It looks like Joey bit off more than he could chew!

Wow, despite playing FRLG several times, I completely forgot Joey also has a Spearow. What a jerk. I do love that panel of Nana standing protectively besides Leaf ;;
Nana is very precious ^_^

Oh only one eyes? I did not realized that before, I thought you just shaded its eyes

Just like in teh anime, leech seed is damn OP!
not only it saps energy, it also restrict movement and somehow give terrible pain o the target
In concept, having a plant grow on you and leeching your life force is a very scary thing. And there should also be a reason why you can't just remove it immediately (hence the vines).

Wait a sec, that's the youngster Joey from the area north of Cerulean! He's travelled a long way and must've been grinding for ages to get to level 15 from all those route 1 babies. I think it's super cool that you've drawn inspiration for this little arc from trainers not even from around that route, very creative.
He's traveled a long way indeed! This Youngster Joey actually lives closer than Cerulean, and I'll expand more on that if he returns.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Hell yeah, go off Leaf. His Spearow's name is Lance - a reference to the Elite Four member? :0 Either way, you done goofed now, Joey.
Also, love the banner you draw for this run! It's so cute, and I love the good glimpse it gives us of our new Rattata friend

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
oh shoot! now that Joey is pokemon-less
better stop there.
Unless he has a secret electric mouse to fry all the birds

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh shit, we gonna see a little guy die today :l

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh man oh heck, I'll look forward to that secret cerulean joey lore, if he can even survive this. Birds gonna peck his eyes out and then some

ps the new banner looks super cute!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg9-851220282
I only realized there's a banner submission after I made my banner... in the wrong dimensions! I spent some more time cropping/stretching with no avail since Leaf kinda took over the entire height of the banner. So then I made the banner way longer to get the proportions right, shrunk it, and now it looks blurrier 🤨

Hell yeah, go off Leaf. His Spearow's name is Lance - a reference to the Elite Four member? :0 Either way, you done goofed now, Joey.
Also, love the banner you draw for this run! It's so cute, and I love the good glimpse it gives us of our new Rattata friend
Well, it's actually from a boxed Spearow that I caught! I did use him for a bit buuuuut something happened so his time was very brief. Here I made him a member of Joey's team instead as a cameo! His name came from the sharp beak he'll eventually have as a Fearow. But I bet Joey idolizes Lance enough to use him as a namesake.

oh shoot! now that Joey is pokemon-less
better stop there.
Unless he has a secret electric mouse to fry all the birds
Haha, Joey's getting the Ash Ketchum experience but with Pidgeys. Bloodfang might be a mouse but it's not an electric mouse.

Oh shit, we gonna see a little guy die today :l
Only if they catch up to him! Watch him actually be Ash Ketchum and steals Misty's bike

Oh man oh heck, I'll look forward to that secret cerulean joey lore, if he can even survive this. Birds gonna peck his eyes out and then some

ps the new banner looks super cute!
Thanks! We're already seeing signs that this may not be the last time we see Joey :)

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I was just about to wonder out loud who Joey's brother is, and then Leaf basically said it for me, lol. Leaf recounting the battle enthusiastically is adorable!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man..... who's the brother ... this has gotten suddenly INTERESTING as fuck in here. Also that battle recap adorableness, I love Leaf already

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Can't believe that gary is dead and Joey is the new rival jerkwad major character. Also I love love love Leaf being all excited about her bulbasaur, number one bulb fan. She's precious.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg10-851413039
The Pidgey Stone is the Pidgey Stone. Nothing more and nothing less.

That Pidgey's name is Aria. Like Lance the Spearow, I enjoy giving some of my boxed 'mons I used briefly a cameo since I didn't get to keep them on the team for whatever reasons.

I was just about to wonder out loud who Joey's brother is, and then Leaf basically said it for me, lol. Leaf recounting the battle enthusiastically is adorable!
HMMM, LET THE SPECULATIONS BEGIN! Leaf loves pokemon, and her inner pokemaniac side is showing through XD

Oh man..... who's the brother ... this has gotten suddenly INTERESTING as fuck in here. Also that battle recap adorableness, I love Leaf already
Any theories? 👀. And I'm glad all you guys love Leaf's adorable enthusiasm! She's such a sweet cinnamon bun.

Can't believe that gary is dead and Joey is the new rival jerkwad major character. Also I love love love Leaf being all excited about her bulbasaur, number one bulb fan. She's precious.
I was also thinking about Gary/Blue and why the heck they suddenly got replaced! But Blue here will be the 'cool, mysterious' sort of rival while Joey's more 'bratty younger brother' kind of rival? Man, maybe if I do a run with Let's Go Pikachu, I'll name that rival Joey?

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I like the idea of giving boxed mons small cameos. And look, cool Pidgey gift obtained! I'm seeing potential for a Chekhov's Gun (Chekhov's Stone?) situation where it may come in handy later, but who knows! I also love the dynamic angle of that last panel, the shading is so well done, especially on the Pokeball!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Took the rest of the day to create this chapter cover. Who knows how long the chapter 2 cover would take? (hint: Whenever I get the inspiration)

Leaf's tips and tricks of taking care of your Bulbasaur:

1. Keep her hydrated!
2. Give her plenty of attention
3. Photosynthesis helps your Bulbasaur gather extra energy to play!

https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Cover-851441329
I like the idea of giving boxed mons small cameos. And look, cool Pidgey gift obtained! I'm seeing potential for a Chekhov's Gun (Chekhov's Stone?) situation where it may come in handy later, but who knows! I also love the dynamic angle of that last panel, the shading is so well done, especially on the Pokeball!
Let's see what the Pidgey Stone will be used for! I mean, apparently it's a ticket through Viridian Forest somehow.

I like how the shading turned out too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)