• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Sweet ReLEAF

Thread Description
Short, fun and sweet~ (Updated 8/13)

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with

A small, light-hearted comic following a girl named Leaf as she journeys through the Kanto region.

Basic rules:

1. Catch the first pokemon you see per route
a. Shinies are an exception
b. You don't need to catch duplicates
c. Another exception is HM slaves.

2. Nickname everyone you catch

3. If a pokemon's HP reaches 0, they die and must be boxed

https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg1-848890524
Funny story, I actually drew page 1 after page 2.

So! I've started a new nuzlocke! Now this may be a bit impulsive and I dearly hope I'm going to finish this (*sweats nervously*), but I've decided to do this small series as a way to practice doing comics. For now I'm just doing all this for fun, but maybe in the future this'll inspire me to draw a more serious comic run! We'll see what happens and if we can make it through to the end.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
good luck on your run and god speed on your comic!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Already love it!

P.S. How do you get such clean negative space from paper scans? I always have trouble cleaning up smudges and wrinkles.
I use the greyscale option while scanning (300 dpi), then edit the brightness and contrast in photoshop. I think if there are smudges then it would either lighten or darken the image.

This one ended up being not as smooth as the original on paper, but still better than what I took with my phone.

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
oh boy it's gary oak!my favorite nuzlocke character!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Oof! I did not expect to end this fast!
but second time's the charm!
Better luck in this second try!

This is still the same bulbasaur as before, right?

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Aww this is so cute! I like Leaf already, the panel of her tearing into her breakfast is so funny! Very lucky to get a female Bulbasaur again after restarting. Good luck on your comic!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oof, that moment when you lose the first rival battle XD;; we hardly knew ye first Bulbasaur, lets hope the second run has a lot more luck behind it >W< Good luck on your run! It's already pretty damn cute!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg3-849266355
(In case the text on the last bit is hard to read:
Route 1
Leaf: Have you been out here before?
Nana: The professor took us on field trips sometimes.

Nana: He always said -
*Pidgey divebombs them*
Nana: -Watch out for Pidgeys. They're very aggressive.)

Oof! I did not expect to end this fast!
but second time's the charm!
Better luck in this second try!

This is still the same bulbasaur as before, right?
Unfortunately, Nana the first has died and cannot be resurrected. I reset, but it happened to be before I chose my first pokemon so the nature changed from Lax to Lonely. In a stroke of luck, her gender stayed the same!

Aww this is so cute! I like Leaf already, the panel of her tearing into her breakfast is so funny! Very lucky to get a female Bulbasaur again after restarting. Good luck on your comic!
Thanks! She is very determined to get her first pokemon on time!

Oof, that moment when you lose the first rival battle XD;; we hardly knew ye first Bulbasaur, lets hope the second run has a lot more luck behind it >W< Good luck on your run! It's already pretty damn cute!
Nana the first will live on through the current Nana!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Using the Pokedex to translate is a neat way to bridge the communication gaps between team and trainer! Leaf's mom trying to steal her starter is hilarious, though I can't even blame her - who wouldn't want to have a cute Bulbasaur friend around the house?

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Man, in Kanto, you don't catch Pidgey, they catch YOU

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Mom : I am lonely
Daughter : I will catch dad to keep you company

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg4-849612354
Route 1 pokemons are usually the weakest in the region, so many newbie trainers go there to train. Has anyone ever thought about the poor Pidgeys that get beaten up and captured all day?

Using the Pokedex to translate is a neat way to bridge the communication gaps between team and trainer! Leaf's mom trying to steal her starter is hilarious, though I can't even blame her - who wouldn't want to have a cute Bulbasaur friend around the house?
I was going to have my pokemons go for non-verbal communication, but I had a hard time envisioning team dynamics.
Leaf's mom is lonely! Nana is friend-shaped and everyone loves her.

Man, in Kanto, you don't catch Pidgey, they catch YOU
Viva la Pidgey Revolution!

Mom : I am lonely
Daughter : I will catch dad to keep you company
Mewtwo: Eat your veggies.
Leaf: You're not the boss of me!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I'm always a sucker for comics that delve into Pokemon's feelings about trainers catching them/using them for training fodder. And wow, that's a nasty depiction of Youngster Joey! Kick his ass, Leaf >:V

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
I'm ready for some sweet sweet Joey revenge >:D

antingaround

nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
pretty chill, actually.
your art style is so smooth and adorable, i love love love it so much 😍 😍

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
https://deviantart.com%2Fshindisama%2Fart%2FSweet-ReLEAF-Ch1-Pg5-849895229
Just because the Pidgeys want the change doesn't mean they'll put much effort into it. Procrastinators, all of them.

Rattata vs Rattata. The credit of the name Bloodfang goes to @moonfly - I've also tried to make the styles different so you can tell them apart!

I realize that the words can be hard to read so I've switched to digital type instead. Mostly. The reading order on the bottom might also be confusing, sorry about that.

I'm always a sucker for comics that delve into Pokemon's feelings about trainers catching them/using them for training fodder. And wow, that's a nasty depiction of Youngster Joey! Kick his ass, Leaf >:V
Leaf does not like bullies! This might keep her from doing any level grinding in the future though, uh oh...

I'm ready for some sweet sweet Joey revenge >:D
Joey is one of those people who likes to prove his strength... by taking on those weaker than him. This will be an eye-opener for him.

your art style is so smooth and adorable, i love love love it so much 😍 😍
Thank you!!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Bloodfang is just the perfect name for an edgy angry kid to come up with and I love it.

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
Water
I love all the little details like Joey having his initial carved on his cap and the Rattata spitting out blood (which kinda makes me feel bad ganging up on Pokemon in Route 1 by the way) - they really add up to make the characters feel more fleshed out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)