• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Sunshine

Thread Description
A sun nuzlocke comic about a former magma member w/ a stolen rowlet. Updates fridays

Riboo

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
D: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OWL SON, COME BACK

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
NOT THE GOOD OWL CHILD!!!!

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Quiten sus manos de Bodoque par de santurrones!!!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
A bad day for the birds in Tatsu's life. :'(

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
"AHA-AHA"
That's the way I like it!

I wonder what happen in game? you have not evolved bodoque so far and now it is given away

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
>:V Get 'em empanada man! You can do it! Crime the fuck out of everything >:VVVVV

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I've been catching up on this comic for a while now and finally I get the chance to comment!
First off, I adore the art style in this comic. I'm a sucker for cartoony styles like this with great character designs, the variation between greyscale and the colored pages is just pure eye candy and it fits the sunny Alola aesthetic perfectly.
The premise is great too! I feel like Alola, more than any other region, has a really fun sandbox concept that could be used and changed for lots of different protagonists. I just love our protagonist right off the bat, his line near the beginning of "Don't judge me Zuzu, I'm a polite person!" because he didn't want to say he didn't like the sweet malasadas is just so charming. I want nothing but good things for our boy.
Aww, poor Zuzu ;; I was really scared for a moment he might not make it through, even if I doubted Zuzu's accident was based on anything ingame.
It really warms my heart how Tatsu goes from viewing Bodoque as just a temporary replacement for Zuzu to caring more about his Pokemon (even if he's still trying to return him), very sweet.
I also really like that the main SuMo protagonists appear in this comic as characters! It makes our protagonist stand out all the more, and it's funny to see them portrayed as troublemaker kids haha. That's another highlight of this comic - I love all the creative liberties taken and how much it differs from the games plot, it makes the comic a very interesting read and kept me hooked to know what would happen next!
Overall, a really well done comic that was a joy to read. I can't wait to see more!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I do not care what crimes have to be done to help our good child not cry anymore.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Nadie hace llorar a Bodoque sin salir ileso!!!
Nadie, sin excepciones!!!

yepiz

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Velink In game I love rowlet so much and it hurts me so bad
@Riboo He tries to avoid doing crime but he cannot escape hahaha
@oliviamakesanart Ahsjkdfidon'tknow what to write about your comment, I'm so flattered ahhhhhhhhhHH. I started this comic as a hobby/as a way to try to avoid my real duties (it was unplanned after all hehehe). But it happens that I also wanted to share a story about my own, and Alola had a looot of interesting characters and the plot of the game is too exciting! I'm really happy that people like you are enjoying this run with Tatsu as much as I love drawing this comic. Thank you so much for reading and comment! It makes me so happy, I will continue this run until I finish this story :D
@Tailsimp Protect Bodoque >>>>> Everything else
@JavierE64 ¡Ni siquiera Tatsu debe hacerlo llorar!

UPDATE: What would you do?
Next update is going to be in colour (y)

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Tatsu's "oh shit" expression at the end of page 156 accurately sums up my feelings about this situation - oh shit. This is super tense, even if he manages an escape he will be facing the consequences for his action either way.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Bodoque siempre es la prioridad, sin importar que tú o alguien más se haya caído de una colina.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
That "Oh Shit" panel was just The Mood. I also really love the whole page that show they fell. The height and the way everyone landed really shows that was a nasty drop even if they didn't fall too too far.

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
; ^ ; Oh man, Tatsu really does have a habit of getting into trouble first and foremost. Queeeestion is, what's in that extra ball there now?

yepiz

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@oliviamakesanart The "oh shit" mood is universal. Ahh indeed, either way something intense will happen next
@JavierE64 No sé porqué me dio tanta risa tu comentario jajaja. Doleráaa
@Tailsimp Really?? I was worried about how deep can the fall be. I'm glad it worked well!
@Riboo Probably he has the worst luck of all. And oh, about the ball... we will see it soon...

UPDATE: Chapter 12 is done. "Sweet, good night" is coming next week.
These days I'm working in a side comic project for contest.I hope to
don't get too tangled between Sunshine and the project, ufff!

You can also read my previous project done here in Tapas!
It is not Pokémon-related but a oneshot comic about an artist's
struggles about art.

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
; A; Taaaaatsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Friend or foe>:V (Maybe his sis?????)

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Tatsu noooooooo ;; gosh seeing him looking so dirty and roughed up really puts into perspective how much he's been through, and you can really feel his exhaustion. Poor dude deserves a big break ;;

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Ahhhhhh please let this be a friend so him and the baby catch a break!!!

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
El hecho de que Tatsu haya mantenido la conciencia el tiempo suficiente para encontrarse con alguien ya es un milagro.
Solo esperemos que la suerte no le abandone cuando despierte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)