• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Sunshine

Thread Description
A sun nuzlocke comic about a former magma member w/ a stolen rowlet. Updates fridays

Riboo

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
@violentlydefending @Kadew Probably everybody in game wants to buy berries and hopely half-price!

UPDATE: Tito and the edgy boy's converstation subtitles thanks by Tatsu,
even if is not the real conversation.
Also a lil cameo is there! Ikaika belongs to @Riboo
Thank you!

GUYS USGYS , GUYS,,,, ARE YOU NUTS?!
YOU NOMINATED THIS ASCENDED SECONDARY CHARACTER FROM MY LAST NUZLOCKE
AND ALSO THIS COMIC I RANDOMLY STARTED IN APRIL 2019. DUDE I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
GUYS YOU, YOU , I'M SO SO HAPPY YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Extravaganza has been my sort of guajiro* dream since when I started reading nuzlockes comics
when I was a teenager?? I never thought about drawing a nuzlocke again since I completed ASRR ('cuz it's exhausting and
neverending!). But here I am getting my english better, practicing doing comics and doing understandable stories.

There's a lot of nuzlockes nominated that are already a-maz-ing and being there just gives me the dokis so hard.

I'll keep working hard on this comic! And Tatsu will keep traveling Alola with his stolen rowlet!
Thank you again!

Don't forget to vote for your favorites ones!
Go! Go! Go!

*pipe dream? Idk, is the translated definition that I found
Heck yeah, recognize Kai's beak anywhere :V wait, there's another beak on the page. I'm getting confused!

yepiz

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Kadew I confess that lipreading was totally random, I was kinda stuck with the script agsdhjfg. Ahh thank you again Kadew <3! Your comic also inspires me too much ;;
@Velink Thanks! I haven't play SwSh but one day some day... Yeah, those empanadas are so precious to him, even if he loves malasadas too.
@violentlydefending @Xita Now I gotta redraw all the Sun/Moon story as "Tatsu: the abridged series"
@Riboo Kai's with another skull grunt! In game there are two skull grunts outside the Megamarket hehe (Edit: Also, love your icon xd)

UPDATE: GEEET REAAADY TO BATTLE ROYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.
Today's Valentine's day! Let me surprise you with the ComicFury mirror and sadly say goodbye
to the SmackJeeves website. I must say that Comicfury's mass upload comic is beautiful and I love it.
I will finish this chapter in SmackJeeves and after that I won't update there but in ComicFury and dA.
(ComicFury: faster updates/page to page , dA: recopilated chapters)

[ Read it on ComicFury ]

CAMEOS THANKS TO:
Yggi (Garkarios)
Sara/Benny ( @Krisantyne )
Marina/Lola (Fercha37)

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought

UPDATE: THE CROWD GOES WILD!
A ton of pages of exciting pokémon battles and below the extraganza update.

TH TH THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ALL!!!
For your comments and support! Now I can rest in peace (well in a coach with a tea idk)
happily after making this silly dream come true haha, I still can't believe it.
Thank you so so so so much! Congratulations to everyone that participated!

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Congrats on placing in the ganza! You totally deserve it! Tatsu "Empanada Man" Sunshine is such a great main character, even if he ended up sidelined in the battle royale despite being a protagonist haha. I'm loving his advisement from the sidelines. "The good one! Not the edgy one!" so good so good

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Congrats on the ganza places! I’ve really enjoyed reading this run and Tatsu deserves more wins in his life. Lots of action in these pages too, loved the one with Type: Null preparing to attack. “I just need the edgy boy“ lol

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
congrats on the places!! tatsu is an amazing mc for an amazing comic and speaking of comics!! these pages are great, love the action and the energy and god tatsu's hilarious lskdjfkd

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
@Kadew Thank you!! Concrats to you too! Tatsu is always one step behind the game's protagonists but he has an interesting point of view
@Xita Thank you ;;/! Indeed haha, he ended with more problems after her sister came to him
@violentlydefending Ahh thank you for all! Actions pages are really hard for me but I'm trying my best x'd

UPDATE: The battle continues after the battle royal... ?!

As I said SmackJeeves will no longer update
but the party continues in deviantArt and ComicFury!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oooh is Tatsu gonna become in the know? And work against his sister? Also edgy boy threatening to destroy anyone is just, that's cute little boy.

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
I forgot how amazing your comic is! It's been a while since I read. I like how your main character isn't just another Trainer going on an island challenge. Inserting new characters into Sun and Moon of all games seems like it would be difficult, given how many character interactions there are in the original game.

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
@Kadew A fight between siblings?? Could be?? I don't know! (or more like no spoilers hehe)
@mondograss Thank you so much to read Sunshine!! Sometimes it's better to wait a while and then there's a lot of updates! And indeed, there are a lot of characters in S/M. I tried to use less but they are all important to the game's plot...

UPDATE: NEW CHAPTER! & UPDATES ARE BACK.
The last last week was a very busy one and the last one
I went to a convention to sell stuff. So yeah, quite busy!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Edgy Boy named his golbat Sasuke? I love it, what a perfect name. It's a shame he flew off before he and Tatsu could find common ground in loving those good bat mons. Also Bodoque is perfect and round and joyous as ever. Here's hoping Tatsu can figure out the truth and pursue what he thinks is right without the evil thumb of his sister pressing down on him.

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
@Kadew I'm so creative with nicknames x'd. Or maybe Bodoque is hungry, his mind is such an enigma.

UPDATE: That's right! And also a friendly remember to stay at home this season.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Hau WILL get Tatsu to like a malasada, it is now his quest in life. And oooh man this is gonna be a fun confrontation. Please have mercy on poor Tatsu, he's doing his best. I cannot wait for next update to see how this all goes down!

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
ah it's been a while since I've commented! just caught up with the past few weeks of updates. I LOVE the way you handled Tatsu's confrontation with edgelord- planting that little seed in his mind that maybe he doesn't know the whole story...

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
When Tatsu told Hau he doesn't like Malasadas to his face, Hau's face... D:

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
@Kadew Now he has one mission: get Tatsu try malasadas for real before something worse happens.
@mizar That's good! I will start updating again after this mini hiatus I took hehe. Nobody can stop the edgelord...
@khorale His face was total disappointed!

Hellooo greetings! SUNSHINE will be back soon!
Days have gone by pretty fast since the COVID-19 lockdown. I'm working in home,
I did some comic roughs for a new original project and I submit a comic project for a scholarship.
Anyway I'm drawing a bunch of pages for the next update. Thanks for keep reading!

Also this illustration is for confusedkangaroo's nuzlocke "Factory of Runes Diamond Tormentlocke".
I already had the idea for this pic for a long time and finally I did it hehe.​

Riboo

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Yee, glad to hear from you, things are going pretty crazy, can't wait to see more adventures with my favorite empanada maker

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Dangit Tatsu you're just too good, those kids can't appreciate how good you are, Bodoque deserves better than them. Team Bodoque & Tatsu forever.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
uhh I don;t think Tatsu's message of them killing his pokemon and mistreating the Rattata gets across

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)