• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Mature Mon Sundowner - An Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates biweekly on mondays! [Latest: 05/19, Page 21]

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Can't wait to see what's got everyone so riled up about Lehua.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that... a parent's name I see? Hey, they have to be better than Lusamine.
Pff, if we have a fine example of a 0 outta 10, the only way to go is up! Possibly. Probably!

Def like that there's a lot of intrigue going on in this page, especially the last panel and Leh's: "Ah shit, here we go again." Face XD
That face when...ALOLA. To which no small number of very disgruntled rats in a very rainy town would crush a can in MOOD.

Ugh, your Pokemon look so cool! Really digging the designs.

Lehua's neat! Private Detective isn't the most common protagonist profession, and already it's played with in the plot in a fun way. Looking forward to seeing how she juggles all the problems falling into her lap.
Thanks a bunch! Means a lot to hear that, since I'm still settling into drawing mons again, it's always a fun tightrope walk of how much to stylize.

In general, I noticed that adult protagonists are very rare - and the whole PI thing felt pretty natural for Alola. Just from that very...and another thing! nature of the plot. Theft! Aliens! More aliens! A gang! The hardboiled cup runneth over~

Hm, those townsfolk don't have particularly nice things to whisper about Lehua. There's clearly a lot of history between her and this island ceremony, and it's not good history. No wonder she stays away where she can, but also, this is going to unfold in an interesting way and I'm excited to see it.
Oh yes, it is fun to set up all of the bad blood going on that's for certain. Very much going by some very very stifling vibes I got from Alolan traditions that I got on my various playthroughs, so expect that all of this is gonna get elaborated upon :)

Oh I just adore this set up, I can already tell there's gonna be some juicy conflict from this scenario and it lets us get a tiny glimpse of our protagonist's past, super excited to see how this unfolds! (Side note, Fizz's expression in that one panel is just adorable)
Hehehe, yup. Conflict - it really is the lifeblood of a setup and I'm marinading in working on the build. And Fizz sure is giving me some appreciation for the OG electric rodents I didn't know I had.

Now this? This is Sang to a T and I love it to b

Can't wait to see what's got everyone so riled up about Lehua.
Glad to hear the build's proving to be interesting! And all will be clear in time~ all I can say so far that my interpretation of Alola is a bit less sunshine and rainbows than what the game tries to portray, so that'll be a deep dive :v:

Page 21 is up on Deviantart!

Finally we're getting into some action again! Time for one sassy little taser mouse to show he's not just all talk~

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pff, that moment when you're trying to take a battle seriously XD

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I love that Hau's nonchalance (which seems pretty close to canon so far) contrasts with the other people. We stan a good boyo. Hau's Pichu is a good too! :3

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
I'm glad that our girl's got at least two people, hau and lillie, that aren't muttering against her as she goes out.

Those pichu are both such butterballs lol

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Hau and Lillie are such sweeties!! I'm glad Leh has at least a couple kids in her corner!! Also I LOVE that Hau's Pichu wants to be pals and helps to diffuse some of the tension built up by Leh's history with the townsfolk and the ceremony itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)