• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Mature Mon Sundowner - An Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates biweekly on mondays! [Latest: 05/19, Page 21]

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oh, no, Hau, honey, that's an adult you're fighting. A real adult....

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
"A-hoo-la!" indeed! Owl puns can be best puns.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
hau you are my angelllllll
here comes the rival fight 👀
also i have to say that "arceus' gilded balls" is a very... interesting phrase, and also i love it

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
It's Hau! Hau has entered the building! I like what you've done with his hair. And I really like his owl. "You there with the spiky hair" is a great description of this protagonist.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, no, Hau, honey, that's an adult you're fighting. A real adult....
On the one hand...sunshine boy may have a bad idea there, on the other hand, you gotta give him points for moxie there.

"A-hoo-la!" indeed! Owl puns can be best puns
Oh yes, owl puns. They're in a trifecta of wonderfully awful puns, along with cat puns and bear puns~

hau you are my angelllllll
here comes the rival fight 👀
also i have to say that "arceus' gilded balls" is a very... interesting phrase, and also i love it
Oh yes, after some preamble, it's definitely fun to draw a little fight now. Been needing some action. Ahaha, fantasy writing has given me a habit of putting together phrases like that, adds a bit of fun crudeness to the right characters~

It's Hau! Hau has entered the building! I like what you've done with his hair. And I really like his owl. "You there with the spiky hair" is a great description of this protagonist.
Thank you, I did actually have a bit of trouble with those side strands Hau's hairstyle has going, translating all that from cartoony to kind of sort of semirealism. So I tried the hair beads and they stuck when I found they don't mess with the original design much.

And yes...spiky hair. It is a spot the protagonist classic. Among other things. But the spikes of heroism check out, I reckon :v:

I was gonna say something along the lines of coming in hot with an update, but... given this new page's content, that may just have landed me too far in the painful pun zone. So I'll just go with...enjoy the new page.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Yay for saving sunshine boy's Pokemon! ^^

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
woah ho, does sangria not know their own strength?
glad the round owl ended up okay!

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Finally took the time to read up on your comic and damn! It's super interesting so far and the amount of time it must take to finish a page this quality and length is astounding! Amazing work and can't wait for more!

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Yay for saving sunshine boy's Pokemon! ^^
Lehua's got no burn heals, but she's got the spirit of not wanting babies burned :V

woah ho, does sangria not know their own strength?
glad the round owl ended up okay!
Well, Sangria's...in a way what you'd get if you had a pampered indoor cat, who just so happens to be able to breathe fire. Lehua's not really used him in battle before, so imagine his shock when ember's got other applications than heating up the tea kettle.

And surprising burn crit or no, I'm too soft to seriously hurt a sweet, punny orb.

Finally took the time to read up on your comic and damn! It's super interesting so far and the amount of time it must take to finish a page this quality and length is astounding! Amazing work and can't wait for more!
And thank you for taking a gander~! Full disclosure, it takes me around a week per page, with some smaller breaks here and there , so the 2000x6000 is my kind of compromise between classic A4 pages and the monster longform I've seen many a comic use.

In any case, I hope you continue to enjoy the comic 😄

Hello all, for an afternoon update, page 15 is out and one chapter's wrapped up.

The good thing about chapter divisions? Finishing one feels like a small victory in the grand scheme of the run.

SaintsGarden

Rune Collector
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 29, 2020
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
No Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Is actually named Eden, which is what this one likes making player character names vaguely thematically related to, hence 'Saint' and 'Garden'
After finally reading through this, I wanna say I have a lot of love for your character designs (both the original and the stylistic choices made for the canon NPCs) They're very vibrant, I think my favourite smaller details are how you draw Lehua's gloves, and Hau's hair accessories. I'm also pretty interested in where these plot threads are going to go, even having played through Alola's story (mostly) on both games, with this protagonist!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
is sangria hinting at future character development for hau? 👀👀👀
congrats on reaching the end of chapter one!! looking forward to more :D

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Sangria, you're worrying me with your observations about Hau. >_>

As for that Pichu, 👀. I wonder if it's going to join Hau's team or Lehua's.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang, critical and a burn? Merciless execution by litten, poor Hau. Smothering the rowlet with a towel was a very cute little tidbit. And congrats on finishing a chapter!

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
In preliminary news: I'm still alive!

After finally reading through this, I wanna say I have a lot of love for your character designs (both the original and the stylistic choices made for the canon NPCs) They're very vibrant, I think my favourite smaller details are how you draw Lehua's gloves, and Hau's hair accessories. I'm also pretty interested in where these plot threads are going to go, even having played through Alola's story (mostly) on both games, with this protagonist!
And thanks a lot! Character design's always been something I had lot of love for, besides having fun adding some tiny personal flourishes to the canons, so this means a lot. And that's the fun part with Nuzlockes, I find. The player insert is kind of just along for the ride, so it's fun to script with a character who has some input on what's happening around them. And I hope to entertain with the way things are gonna go in my script.

is sangria hinting at future character development for hau? 👀👀👀
congrats on reaching the end of chapter one!! looking forward to more :D
Ohoho, who can really say~? But in all seriousness and without going into spoilery details, I always found that Hau's tendency to be too chill and nonchalant is a trait that becomes a lot more interesting in a story where mons aren't mysteriously immortal.

Sangria, you're worrying me with your observations about Hau. >_>

As for that Pichu, 👀. I wonder if it's going to join Hau's team or Lehua's.
Ah, will the feline worrywart stand vindicated or not? I suppose only time can tell...same goes for the case of one sneaky rodent :V

Oh dang, critical and a burn? Merciless execution by litten, poor Hau. Smothering the rowlet with a towel was a very cute little tidbit. And congrats on finishing a chapter!
Definitely something that gave me a little double take when playing - in which one spoiled cat doesn't know his own, ahem, firepower.

And thank you, I hope to keep going full steam ahead into the chapters to come~

First of all, I'm sorry for being a bit of a ghost these days. Life's been a mix of turbulent and busy for me the last couple weeks, so I did often find myself too tired to draw...and there went my lovely little stack of buffer pages.

That's not to say I'm not still going, in fact, I'm currently well on my way with Page 16, but I've decided to take a couple weeks off since releasing Page 15 to give myself some breathing room and mend my buffer without having art and work interfere with one another.

On another token, I'm considering to changing my release schedule to biweekly pages. This isn't something I'm 100% on yet, but I might very well become busier in the future and won't be able to draw for several hours every day. But the one thing I know I don't want is to go back on the rendering quality I've gotten used to over these fifteen pages, so I'd rather take a bit more time to get my pages in order than regress to pump them out quickly.

No matter which way I'll end up going with my schedule, I hope you all continue to enjoy the comic - and rest assured, the next page's well on its way already!

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Seeing as I've been away for a good while now and it's technically Monday where I am, have a slightly after midnight update to get things going again.

Much as work is making my process a little bit slower, I'm trying out some new things here and there, especially Clip Studio's gradient maps and how they're a massive boon in lighting conditions that aren't just neutral noon settings. In any case? I can safely say I've got a good, steady pace going despite everything.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Le gasp!
are you telling me that blonde and that woman in the picture are actually the same person?
She took some kind of drug to de-age herself and also wipe her memory partially and maybe change her personality too??
she made herself elementary dear wattson

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
yes weird shit yes but sangria's right lehua all-nighters ain't good for ya :P

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Ah, the jump to biweekly sure makes it feel like a looong time since I've been here. Been sick for well over a week, but I feel so much better now, so it's back to my scheduled releases~

Le gasp!
are you telling me that blonde and that woman in the picture are actually the same person?
She took some kind of drug to de-age herself and also wipe her memory partially and maybe change her personality too??
she made herself elementary dear wattson
We're reaching levels of Detective Conan that shouldn't be possible. Case closed, we're hitting that de-aging juice with shot glasses!

yes weird shit yes but sangria's right lehua all-nighters ain't good for ya :P
With no context, the sentence "listen to the wisdom of your housecat!" is an odd one, but in this case...listen to the wisdom of your spicy housecat, Lehua!

And without further ado, enjoy page 17! As I delve deeper into my experiments with gradient maps..

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Lehua: "No one can break into my house and get away with it!"

Lehua: "Except babies. They can stay."

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Baby Pokemon breaking all of the rules :B Let's see what kinda trouble they can get into~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)