• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Mature Mon Sundowner - An Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates biweekly on mondays! [Latest: 06/29, Page 23]

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
SUNDOWNER

----------
Five years after her family moved to Unova, Lehua Sideron finds herself returning to her birthplace.
Motivated as she is to resolve some old, personal business, she finds herself
butting heads with all Alolan trappings and traditions that once made her teenage years
more than a little turbulent. To say nothing about the case of a mysterious girl with
a stolen pokémon in tow...
----------

1. If a Pokémon faints, it counts as dead and must be permanently boxed.
2. Dupes clause active. This extends to a pokémons whole evo line and stays active upon death.
3. Pidgey/Pikipek clause. The fixed Pikipek encounter doesn't count. The rules apply as soon as it's out of the way.
4. Pinwheel clause applies to the three segments of Route 1 and the inside/outside areas of Ten Carat Hill.
5. Asides from this, only the first encounter on each Route may be caught.
6. Battle style: SET
7. Each catch is nicknamed. The naming theme is alcoholic beverages...a perk of having an adult protagonist with questionable taste, ah.

----------

With all the preamble and not so preamble out of the way: welcome to the first ever Nuzlocke run I really got into. Been meaning to make a comic like this for years, but in the end, the spark was never there. Turns out all it took was to try and run one of the Alola games with an islander protagonist instead of a complete outsider.

For the most part, this is a pretty straightforward Nuzlocke, following the game plot for the majority of it. Though there will be moments where it goes full offscript, liberties are taken with lore and characters and so forth. Besides that, I'd like to think the tone's more on the mature side and I will go deeper into a couple darker plot points the games only grazed here and there. The M-rating, as it does, is my warning in and of itself, without accidentally spoiling my own story. It's all you'd usually expect from a Nuzlocke without taking a full nosedive into grimdark. That being said...

Currently, I'm on a biweekly schedule, to take more time to really polish my pages. I'll post every second Monday, unless life decides to curveball me.

Okay, that should be all for now. Hope you enjoy the comic!

Deviantart / Tumblr

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Well this is an interesting start compared to alola's normal long slog, and with such a different protagonist from the usual crop! A private detective searching for the stolen cosmog, an adult with a job and is well acquainted with the region, this opens up so many fascinating possibilities, and a much stronger hook than just the typical trainer journey. I'll be keeping an eye on this, it looks very promising. Also, it's got a very cute cat, and I could never say no to that.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Your art is very pretty! God I can’t even imagine the time it takes to paint all that detail and give the pages their polish. You’ve got me interested with a unique premise, and I’m excited to see what you do with it! Good luck, and happy nuzlocking.

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all, a big thanks to everyone who's replied to this. Yeah, I definitely hope to add a slightly different angle to the Alola plot with someone who's both an adult and an actual islander. Before I got to drawing, it all being more personal for a protagonist like that was what got me to commit to the script and, well, I hope to do what I'm setting up justice.

Without further ado, update with the fuzziest right-hand man...cat.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
right hand cat? more like right shoulder cat! So i guess pokemon talk in this world, but talk in inverted color balloons? or is that unique to our one day dark typed fluffy friend here? Still though, I too am excited for this siren song to trouble they are walking right into. To adventure!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
>W< Can't wait to see more from you, keep it up > w>

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Another Monday, another update with Page 5 ! To explain a couple things about the way I'm handling this whole thing: mons talking is basically "The N" thing...only it's more an uncommon, but low-tier kind of psychic ability than being something wholly unheard of. That was basically my reasoning for Sangria's inverted speech bubbles, more to show that he's not talking, persay, like all the human characters do. I hope to make this all a bit clearer once the team starts filling up. Once we're past the preamble with anime-tier aggro birds. Spearows are demons.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
it's her... it's lillie... it's my GIRL... here she is!!!
i'm just in absolute love with this artstyle, and i'm enjoying the bit of changeup to the original usum premise! looking forward to what comes next 👀

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Hey, it's the cover image and avatar panels! Did you have a buffer prepared before you started posting? How responsible.

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Yup, I only really started posting by the time I was five pages deep , I usually keep a 2-3 page buffer. Kind of my sweet spot between wanting to ensure regular updates, but needing a bit of pressure to keep me hard at work.

Again, it's Monday in my timezone, so it's time for yet another update. With more angry Spearows!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
"have you ever tried to punch a bird?" no but a stick works just fine
nebby is so cute here!! and that spearow's reaction is killing me slkjflkdfh
i wonder what our detective is gonna do about finding the cosmog :0c

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh dang those spearow are big! And mean! Poor Lillie, it's a good thing stick is rather effective.

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Gotta admit, bird size...and bird aggression wise I am going more by what the anime did than consulting dex sizes. Those two tend to differ pretty hilariously now that I think on it.

Got an early update this week, cos I'll be out of a laptop for a few days and the dA app is...not very good. Hence: Early Page 7!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
oh god, walking on a shitty old bridge with HEELS!? this bravery is unparalleled...

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh she's gonna die tripping between those bridge logs in those shoes. I'm impressed at how effective stick was compared to her pokemon, poor litten needs to up its game to beat stick for favorite pokemon. And wow that fearow, all the wrath of an angry swan captured and ready to murder. I can't believe the run ends here, first death is the trainer herself.

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Omg, your artwork is gorgeous. I absolutely love all the details you've painted in, it makes the world feel so lush and alive. Also lowkey obsessed with how you draw hair. And Lehua is the Rihanna of Alola, tbh. Standing on that bridge in those heels? Just as iconic as the stilettos on the sewer grate.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
I will forever stan Lehua's heels, just as she will stan-d in them no matter what.

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
violentlydefending said:
oh god, walking on a shitty old bridge with HEELS!? this bravery is unparalleled...
Hahaha, well I can't deny that Lehua , on occasion, has a kind of dummy bravery that reaches shonen protag levels.

Kadew said:
Oh she's gonna die tripping between those bridge logs in those shoes. I'm impressed at how effective stick was compared to her pokemon, poor litten needs to up its game to beat stick for favorite pokemon. And wow that fearow, all the wrath of an angry swan captured and ready to murder. I can't believe the run ends here, first death is the trainer herself.
True, heels aren't exactly running shoes, but one never expects to have to rescue star children off of rickety bridges when in heels. Or maybe...Murphy's Law sucker punches one especially when in the wrong footwear, must be a universal law~ Haha, but yeah, trainer's gotta do it all herself - somewhere deeper in my scripting, I liked the idea of Sangria starting out as a bit of a coward. Given he never really fought much and got spoiled...RIP to Lehua.

lostballoon said:
Omg, your artwork is gorgeous. I absolutely love all the details you've painted in, it makes the world feel so lush and alive. Also lowkey obsessed with how you draw hair. And Lehua is the Rihanna of Alola, tbh. Standing on that bridge in those heels? Just as iconic as the stilettos on the sewer grate.
Thanks a lot! It's been a while since I really leaned into trying backgrounds and whatnot - and both hair and eyes are something I always gotta render in detail. Even if I tell myself not to overdo it, those are two things I just really enjoy putting in some work for. And sure, heels aren't the peak of running shoes, but you can't fight crime and birds if you aren't cute :v:

Riboo said:
I will forever stan Lehua's heels, just as she will stan-d in them no matter what.
We stan one tiny lady and her dedication to "fashion-mon". With puns of the most pungeon order~ :V:

And there's one more update before the holidays~

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh gosh Tapu Koko murderated that fearow holy crap. No mercy.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
OH DANG tapu koko using that type advantage to their benefit like DAMN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)