• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Sinnoh Teen Commentary Summer of Productivity: A Renegade Platinum Tasklocke

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Completing tasks can be hard, can’t it?

I often struggle with getting things done, thanks to a combination of factors like anxiety and laziness. I like the feeling I get when I complete something, but it can be hard to actually go through the motions. It’s much easier (and more fun) to sit around and play video games. Nuzlocke runs can be especially intoxicating, since they provide an opportunity to tackle a challenge I’ve never taken on before with additional rulesets; my brain loves the stimulation! But getting ahead in life requires more than just playing Pokémon games.

However, a few days ago, I had a thought. What if I took the energy I put into Nuzlockes and applied it to real life things I had to do? I quickly fleshed out the idea, and thus, the Tasklocke was born…

-I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter in each area. Areas with different encounter tables but the same name count as different areas only if there is a Gym between them (e.g., Route 204 upper and lower count as different, but Route 205 upper and lower do not). The Great Marsh counts as three areas: upper, middle, and lower. Any duplicates, defined as something I own/have owned or anything I can obtain via evolution, may be skipped. Shiny and Gift Pokémon can both bypass this rule.
-If a Pokémon faints, it has died and must be stored in the PC to be remembered. In the event of a wipe, keep going until there are absolutely no Pokémon left.
-All Pokémon must be named after tasks I have to do irl. Before challenging a Gym Leader, the Elite Four, or Giratina, the tasks represented by my current team and all my dead Pokémon must be completed, or I fail the run. My team cannot be identical from one Gym to the next.
-That title isn’t for nothing! The run must be completed by the end of summer, i.e., 11:59 pm EST on September 22, 2019.*
*Due primarily to this hack's unexpected expansiveness, the deadline is extended by one month, to October 22. There will be no in-game penalty for this, but my fellow Nuzlockers may shame me for failing to complete the run when I said I would.

The game I’ll be using for this run is Renegade Platinum, the most recent hack by Drayano that I’m sure many of you have heard of. The difficulty has been ramped up, and to make things worse, I’m going into it blind, meaning I don’t know what’s coming. I have some ideas, thanks to chatter on Discord, but for the most part, I’m in the dark. As such, and to keep the fun of it, I ask that you please don’t reveal any major spoilers for me. Recommending that I grind a particular amount before a certain point is fine, but I’d prefer if you didn’t tell me, say, exactly what team a Gym Leader has.

This’ll be a commentary run that goes through the game fairly quickly. I won’t be able to cover everything, so don’t consider this a guide to Renegade Platinum. (If you’re interested, try it out for yourself! I’m only up to the first Gym, but I like what Drayano’s put together so far.) And, speaking of going through quickly, let’s start right up!

As I mentioned, we’re rolling with Renegade Platinum. Nice new title screen!

The protagonist will represent myself, and as such takes on my gender and my first initial.

I’ve started a tradition for myself of always naming the rival in Sinnoh something that rhymes with “Barry,” which gives me no shortage of names. This time, he will be Terry, because he is an opposing force to me and I don’t want to tarry too much when carrying out my tasks.

Most of the opening is the same, but there are some differences, like getting the Running Shoes and the Bicycle from Mom right away. Some of the differences aren’t useful, but they’re fun, like having it actually snow in Twinleaf Town and Palmer being at his house briefly.

Anyway, let’s get to the fun part.

This is a Drayano hack, so I need Pokémon who can stay alive. I figure there are two ways to do so: be tanky enough to take plenty of hits, or hit fast and hard enough that your opponent hopefully can’t hit back. I’m going with Option 2.

Oh hey, a female starter! Neat. She actually starts out with Ember, which should mean that Terry’s Piplup is packing a Water move. Fortunately, he never uses one, so either it doesn’t know it or the AI is programmed to never use it.

…Which isn’t to say I was going to win. Terry’s strategy of Growl, then spam Pound beat out (barely, I might add) my strategy of just spamming Scratch. I’m used to the rival setting up for longer, and it was my undoing.

I’m not going to count this defeat, though, since it was a match I had no way of preparing further for, and I had no items or other Pokémon.

See, Terry knows what’s up.

Not a bad start. Blaze is kind of annoying, though, since the alternative is the more useful (in my opinion) Iron Fist. Ah, well, I’m sure I can make it work.

Some more standard Platinum intro stuff later, and I can finally start training.

A few Bidoof and Starly (which aren’t all that’s on Route 201, but they’re all I found) provide a couple of good level gains. They’re notably stronger than in vanilla, at Levels 4 and 5 instead of 2 and 3.

Once at the lab, I can finally name my starter. “Data Week” is a reference to an online data science program I’m taking to better my job prospects. It consists of several courses that are broken up into a few weeks. Data Week shall represent the completion of one week of one of the courses.

I’ll note that this is an example of a recurring task, instead of one that only has to be done once. This means that if I have Data Week on my active team for more than one Gym, I have to complete a week of online coursework each time.

With two more gifts, one familiar and one not, Rowan sends me on my way.

Nice! I was hoping that would happen when I examined that ball earlier in the game. Thanks, Mom!

This Eevee is named after another recurring task. I have a Digimon fanfic on another site that I haven’t touched for years. But just abandoning it altogether makes me feel bad, so I’m going to try to get back into it and do some more work towards actually finishing it. The “2” represents the amount of pages to write, so “Digimon 2” means “write 2 pages of my Digimon fanfic.”

Looking good!

I did a bit more training before the catch tutorial. From my (admittedly limited) experience with Drayano, he likes giving a lot of Poké Balls, so I’ll hold off on buying any until later.

Ah, I thought I remembered hearing about this. I’ll have to be on the lookout for more Dawn battles in the future.

She only has her starter, which is of course the one weak to the one I picked. Should’ve led with Data Week…but I wouldn’t put it past Drayano to give Dawn an Oran Berry for this fight, so maybe I can make use of Digimon 2’s Covet before switching him out.

…Or that could happen. Seriously? He was doing so well! I thought I wouldn’t be in danger from such a strong move this early in the game. I should probably have known better.

I was tempted to not count this, either, since some people don’t count any Nuzlocke rules until you receive Poké Balls, but that didn’t feel right. I had more than one Pokémon and some items, so it’s not like this was another fight I couldn’t have prepared for. So much for using an Eeveelution in this game, then. (Unless I get another Eevee later on, which I suppose is possible, but I’m not counting on it.)

You’re on thin ice there, Dawn.

…Okay, that helps.

Still, that’s not a great way to start things off. But, on the other hand, I have a bunch of Poké Balls and a number of places to use them in! (I am ignoring the first encounter rule until I get Poké Balls, so Route 201 is fair game.)

Here’s my Route 201 catch, representing a third recurring task. I have an event run ongoing called The Saga of Scarlet for the Ultimate Communitylocke, but I’ve been lax about getting it done before my year time limit is up. This name denotes writing two pages for it.

Scarlet 2 is Quiet with Tangled Feet; not great, but it’s what I have to work with.

In Lake Verity, I find this fascinating fellow. He represents the first one-and-done task of this run: I have some boxes for storage underneath my bed, but my allergist has recommended I remove them so they don’t collect dust to aggravate my allergies. Under Bed represents that removal.

He’s Modest (ugh) with Unaware, which is useful in some cases and not useful in other cases.

A little while later, I get this gal on Route 202. Her task is another one-time one; I have a couple friends who live in the area and are just a few years older than I am. I don’t see them that much, but I went over to their house for dinner last summer, so I’d like to set up another social get-together this year. (That’s the task, which may not seem too daunting, but for a socially anxious heavy introvert like myself, I could use a push.) Their first initials are K and S, hence the beginning of the name.

K-S Social is Bashful with Intimidate, which I certainly won’t complain about.

I do some grinding and pick up some nice moves, like early Wing Attack for Scarlet 2 and Headbutt for Under Bed, which does a lot to fix the desperate problem that is Bidoof’s moveset. (It also helps that Tackle has 40 BP and 100 accuracy in this hack.)

Time to take on some Trainers.

They were tougher than in vanilla, of course, but then again, I’m tougher than I would be in vanilla, too.

In Jubilife, I sit through the Looker cutscene (which has nothing new added) before I can explore.

Hm…I don’t remember these two being in the Pokémon Center in vanilla Platinum…

Yep, they’re Drayano inserts. The reporter asks a series of five questions—they’re pretty easy, although one about the postgame Sevii Islands tripped me up and I only got it thanks to a lucky guess.

Here’s the last question. I don’t think Drayano would be throwing anything too threatening at this point, so I’m gonna say yes.

Turns out I was right. And I’m guessing this is like the extra guy in SGSS Violet City. Will I get one of the Kanto starters after beating her?

Nope! I get all three! That actually seems a little much (especially since I have to have space in my party to receive them), but I don’t plan on using them all. Bulbasaur and Squirtle can fill the last two spots in my party as my first Grass and Water types, respectively, but Charmander is more superfluous with Data Week on my team.

That means three more tasks, though! “Dark” refers to a novel I’ve been working on (on and off) for years whose title is undecided but that features someone with the title of “Dark Lord,” and “3” is another number of pages. “Red Cross” refers to setting up a blood donation with the Red Cross; even without their hounding me with phone calls to do so, I feel it’s been too long since I’ve given blood. “Black Shoe” is the task of buying a new pair of nice black shoes, as my current ones are pretty worn.

As for natures and abilities, Dark 3 is Mild with Overgrow (ooh!), Red Cross is Brave with Solar Power (hm…), and Black Shoe is Bashful with Torrent (eh, could be worse).

I get a bit more grinding done, then it’s time for the Trainers’ School.

And you’re a new face around these parts, aren’t you? What did Drayano put you here for?

Neat; she gave me an Egg to promote the Solaceon Day Care. Wow, that’s four gift Pokémon from Jubilife City alone! If I’d known about this when I started, I might have modified my gift clause. Well, maybe I’ll just try to take it easy on using gifts from now on.

I was half-expecting Drayano to turn this into the second rival battle, but the dialogue and events are all vanilla.

So here’s where I can put my training to the test.

That went well. And for my victory…wait, TM10s plural?

Holy crap! That’s one way to make TMs essentially infinite, I guess!

I taught it to Data Week and Dark 3. Both had pretty strong Hidden Powers that matched their (primary) type. That seems really coincidental, but there’s nothing about Hidden Power being modified in the documentation for this hack. Maybe I’ll test it some more later on, but for now, everyone else is making good use of all four of their move slots.

Geez, that Egg was practically hatched already when I got it! And that’s not a bad baby Pokémon to have.

It’s a safe bet that whenever I use “TM” in a name in this run, it’s referring to Toastmasters, a speech-making club that I’m a part of—actually, I just became president of my local chapter! This Tyrogue’s name refers to looking up my next speech assignment (the organization has an online program that’s sort of like a curriculum, where you prepare to give certain speeches at club meetings) and doing some prep work for it.

TM Speech will be going to the box, though, since I’ll soon have a Fighting type in Data Week. I will note, though, that just because a Pokémon is boxed doesn’t mean its task won’t be done. I can give two Pokémon different names that represent the same task, and of course, it’s not like I can’t do a task if this game doesn’t make me!

Back in Jubilife, Mr. Pokétch or whatever his name is gives me a Pokétch—without having to find three clowns and answer their easy questions. Having all the apps already installed is neat, but it does make scrolling through them a much longer process.

Wow, people in this hack are generous! At this rate, I’ll never have to buy Balls at all!

This went straight onto Black Shoe.

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t be too thrilled about this, but I’ve heard that Drayano gave some substantial buffs to normally sub-par Pokémon, so this could wind up being a useful catch. The name refers to windshield wipers; I need to replace the ones on my car.

This is promising! The Fairy type is in this hack, so Ralts is Psychic/Fairy, which is partly why I chose that name. Angel List is a site I heard of from a friend that posts data science jobs (the field I’m interested in), so this task is just to check it out and get a good sense of it.

This guy is referring to the breakable rocks in Ravaged Path. It's a cleared-out cave now!

Of course, I still can’t go to Floaroma Town just yet.

Ravaged Path still has some goodies to offer, though. “E-M Social” refers to setting up another social get-together, this one with my brother and his fiancée, who live 1.5-2 hours away. And there’s another TM there for Black Shoe!

All right, let’s keep moving.

Sheesh, Terry didn’t make it easy for me. Nobody died, fortunately, but each of those fights presented some challenge. The Munchlax was the worst; I had Under Bed use Rollout against it, and that almost led to his end, with him forced to take hits from Metronome.

Nifty. Now for a quick trek back to Jubilife to heal, and then it’s a catch for Route 203!

Or not. Seedot was in the yellow and it used Harden, so I had Under Bed attack it again, forgetting about Unaware. Well, it wasn’t something I was really looking forward to using.

This Hiker still gives you HM06, which is still Rock Smash. However, like he says, there aren’t many cracked boulders to use this on anymore, so maybe it’ll be good in battle instead. He has a point—Rock Smash now has 60 BP and can still lower Defense—but this feels a bit like a similar problem to Black and White, when infinite-use TMs were first introduced. Doing so kind of shunted HMs to an inferior position, where they are also moves that can be taught over and over but cannot be removed without the assistance of a Move Deleter. But at least then they were useful in the field. Here…there’s less of that.

But I’ll hold off on passing judgment just yet. These are just reservations for now.

Also, this happened in Oreburgh Gate. Let’s hear it for starter evolutions!

Made it! The Trainers along the way weren’t pushovers, but my team remains intact. Next items on the agenda are heal up, get catches in the surrounding areas, put together a team for Roark, and grind!

Ah, yes, the reporter in Jubilife did say they were doing this in Oreburgh and Floaroma, too. Anyway, she asks you a number of questions related to Hoenn. Including…

Heh heh.

And then I beat her Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip. I’m going to hold off on obtaining them, though, partly because I don’t need them and partly because I don’t want to bother boxing three of my current team.

Could be useful for a Rock Gym. The name refers to another novel I have in the works, one whose title starts with “King.” The 2 should be familiar by now.

Oh, so the Move Deleter is right here! That’s useful. And it does help with that whole TM/HM business I mentioned earlier.

Also could be useful for a Rock Gym! As I mentioned, I recently became president of my local Toastmasters club, and club officers are required to attend training sessions held in July. I need to register for one of the sessions, so TM Registr is here to give me a push with that.

Meeting Roark, and ooh, a valuable stone! Wonder what it could be…

…Ah. So this is where you choose what your Eevee evolves into. If you still have it…

Since I don’t have any other Pokémon that evolve by stone, I chose “Don’t Know” and Roark told me it was a Thunder Stone. I get it to hang on to for later.

YES, ROARK, I GET IT. STOP RUBBING IT IN.

Back outside, I do some more grinding and get to this point! Woo-hoo!

Okay, here’s my team for Roark. Everyone has or will have a type advantage against Rock, except for K-S Social, who’s there for backup and for any tricks Roark might have up his sleeve. (TM Registr is Impish with Sturdy, making him a good candidate for tanking physical attacks.)

Now, time for some grinding.

Found this in Oreburgh Gate and realized I didn’t have a catch from there yet.

This task is…a pretty mundane one, actually. I’ve been getting issues of National Geographic for the past few months, and I’m actually not sure where they’re coming from. I’m tempted to say I got a subscription as a birthday present, but I can’t remember for certain, so this task is to go through my email and see if I can track down the source.

Found this on the lower level of Oreburgh Gate; shortly after I taught Rock Smash to a bunch of team members, I find a better Fighting move (albeit one that only some of them can learn). Guess I’m making a trip to the Move Deleter.

More evolutions!

Once everyone got to Level 16, I went to investigate the Gym. How strong are Roark’s Gym Trainers in this hack?

Okay, I’m in a pretty good place for taking on the small fry. As for Roark…hm, I’m gonna guess his Pokémon are around Level 16. This being a Drayano hack, I’m going to want to outlevel him, so let’s set 18 as the goal for everyone before we take him on.

With these two taken care of, and then after some more time spent on the nearby wilds…

Here’s the team going into Roark! K-S Social is leading because I wouldn’t be surprised if Roark leads with something designed to counter Rock’s weaknesses and she can at least lower its Attack with Intimidate. Everyone else is ready to jump in to take on whatever Roark throws at us.

…But of course, I can’t challenge Roark yet. I’ve got some tasks to accomplish first! I have the six represented here, plus the one represented by Digimon 2, my only (so far) casualty. As of writing this, I’ve already contacted my friends K and S about getting together this summer, bought a new pair of black shoes, and registered for Toastmasters leadership training. But I still have to write two pages of my Digimon fanfic and three pages of my “Dark” novel, complete a week of my online data science course, and move the boxes from underneath my bed. Time to get on those, and then, I’ll see what sort of a challenge Renegade Platinum’s first Gym Leader has for me.

Last edited:

Second

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist but in Real Life
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon has a tendency to start many projects as they come to mind, but they tend to only finish projects other people have made deadlines for.
Renegade Plat is a fun run; good luck! I admire your gumption, too, in assigning yourself tasks. Maybe I should try, it seems like a fairly effective hack to break through motivation problems...

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oof. A Drayano hack and giving yourself IRL things to do? I'm rooting for you!

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Eccentric 'locker obsessed with Magikarp.
Good luck with the tasks! And with, Roark too, I guess. You should be fine, considering the team composition!

kittenrobotarmy

haha fell cleave go smash
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has sold her soul to so many games that the Devil is getting real pissed. Also adores cats.
This reminds me of a run on the old forums, but instead of tasks, it was different types of exercise. Can’t remember who ran it now, though. Good luck, and I’m rooting for you! Get them tasks done!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Omg this is something I should do to get me through my schoolwork!! Fantastic idea! Heh, I was about to ask what you were thinking of evolving your Eevee into and that question quickly became irrelevant. What a rough start. Also, setting up a social arrangement is totally valid as a task! Sometimes I think sending a simple text should be considered a task. Er, speaking of, I just remembered two texts I was supposed to send today. I should definitely consider using your rules lol. Good luck on the gym, and on your tasks!! I don’t play hacks much, so I can’t give you much advice, but you have a great team so far so I’m sure you’ll do great!

csidvuL

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
This reminds me of a run on the old forums, but instead of tasks, it was different types of exercise. Can’t remember who ran it now, though. Good luck, and I’m rooting for you! Get them tasks done!
Are you thinking of fitlockes? They’re really neat.

Also, I am here to live vicariously through your productivity, Quiet! I really like this concept and I also like the variety of pokemon your non-recurring tasks will push you to use. It seems like a neat way to try out a variety of pokemon, particularly with those tasty Drayano buffs.

Lumaeus

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Ooh, this is a neat concept for a Nuzlocke. Also, a neat hack (but a wicked one based on Eevee's short tenure). I look forward to seeing what comes next. Be careful, or you'll have way too much to do.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Oh man, Renegade Platinum. I know you're going light on gifts and you're not looking for spoilers, but without being specific i should mention you do have another gift pokemon you've missed up to now. I like finding these things in a run like this just because it helps make sure you have your tasks on hand and in order.

I was ostensibly doing a blind run myself once upon a time but now I know so much I can't call it that in good conscience anymore. Ah well. At least it means I can read this.

Good luck with Roark! I hear he is not a pushover.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
This is such a cool concept for a run! I love the idea of naming all the Pokemon after tasks you have to do. ...But naming a Pokemon “Digimon”? That's just wrong. He was doomed from the start. I joke only to cover up my sadness that you lost the Eevee right away

Good luck with the run, and with everything else you want to accomplish!

QuietGuardian

🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Second It's working so far!

@Bowser's Family Vacation Yeah, it's not the easiest, but I'm hoping it'll be effective, and fun.

@Obelisk Thanks!

@kittenrobotarmy Yeah, as Flop mentioned, those were Fitlockes, and actually part of the inspiration for this run. Thanks for your support!

@Spectacles Definitely with you on texts. Emails, too. Though a lot of the time, the emails that I get tripped up on are ones in reply to something, and those generally should be taken care of even quicker than what this run requires.

@Flopdisc Welcome, Flop! Yeah, expect a variety of Pokémon—but at the same time, a Pokémon that represents a one-time task can stick around for a while; it'd just be one fewer task I'd have to do. (Not that I plan on abusing that.)

@Lumaeus "Neat but wicked" is probably a good way to describe Drayano hacks; there are a lot of cool changes, but the difficulty has been substantially amped up. And I'll try not to overload myself with tasks.

@Jimcloud I think I know what gift you're talking about; is it the one I get right after the Roark fight?
I've heard a few things about RP that make this run not entirely blind, but I feel I've still got that experience for the most part.

@cyndakip Thanks! And yes, I did think it was a little weird to give a Pokémon the name "Digimon 2," but it does pertain to a task (and hey, I'm fans of both franchises).
Thanks for all the support so far! Here's Part Two—which does not go all the way to the next Gym Leader because then it would be inordinately long. (Granted, it's still not short.)
Okay, I’m all set! I did all the work I had to, which means it’s time to take on Roark at last!

After stocking up, of course.

I have K-S Social out front for her Intimidate. What does Roark have?

Hm, interesting. A bulky contender with access to Electric moves to cover for Rock’s Water weakness. Fortunately, K-S Social doesn’t have much to fear from such attacks.

And she’d have had even less to fear if paralysis ran on Gen VI+ mechanics…

She at least managed to paralyze it with a Spark, so TM Registr, who’s immune to Electric attacks and resists Rock, can come in to finish the job.

Ah, dang. Bulky thing barely hung on after a Bulldoze, which gave it the chance to do this. At least no one in my party is weak to Rock, so they won’t take much damage on switching in.

Roark used a Super Potion, but that didn’t give Nosepass any extra turns. Two Bulldozes brought it down.

I switched in Under Bed because I was wary of Ground attacks. And, well, he’s well-positioned to exploit one of Geodude’s large weaknesses.

Excellent work, Under Bed. Half of Roark’s team is already down!

Oh, but here’s the ace. Although Cranidos have low defenses, so this should take at most two attacks.

That takes it into Sitrus Berry range, but it’s still an easy 2HKO.

Halving my Speed, eh? That could be problematic…except, y’know, Aqua Jet.

That’s the ace down! Who’s left?

Let’s let someone else get in on the fun.

Huh, it outsped. Then again, Onix are pretty quick for Rock types.

I was considering keeping Dark 3 in, but there’s the Speed drop from Bulldoze to consider. Plus, let’s spread the experience around!

And that’s a wrap, folks. That was a lot easier than I’d expected. I suppose Rock does have a lot of weaknesses to exploit.

Yes, half of which were dual types with low Special Defense and two easily accessible double weaknesses.

To the victor go the spoils! One Gym down!

This does mean a slight team restructuring, though. TM Registr is getting boxed for reasons similar to what I just said: low Special Defense and two common double weaknesses. And in a Drayano hack, coverage can show up in unexpected places. Under Bed is bowing out after an excellent Gym performance since Black Shoe has more potential as a Water type.

But for a Normal type, Scarlet 2 comes back! And as for the sixth party member…

I talked to Steven before the Gym battle, actually, but he couldn’t give me the Beldum just yet because I had a full party and apparently sending gifts straight to the PC is something this game has a very strong aversion to. So I figured I’d come back now, when I’m restructuring anyway.

This name is short for “Bank Account.” I do have a checking and savings account, but they’re under my parents’ account and I have limited access to them. It’s about time I changed that. This task is to set up my own, completely independent bank account.

Whoa, Beldum got a big improvement to its moveset in this hack! Shoot, if I’d known it was packing STAB Iron Head, I might’ve brought it on for Roark. Ah, well, that battle went smoothly anyway.

I also went back and got the Hoenn starters. “Closet” refers to cleaning out the floor of my closet, which currently has a lot of stuff. “Clean Car” refers to exactly what it says: the interior of my car could really stand to be a lot neater. “Sneakers” refers to buying a new pair of sneakers; the ones I have now squeak a lot.

Similarly to the Kanto starters, Closet and Sneakers have their standard abilities of Overgrow and Torrent, respectively, but Clean Car has its other ability. Which is Speed Boost. I think we’ve got a backup for Data Week! (I mean, not that I expect her to die, but still.)

Bank Acc gets the Exp. Share so I don’t have to take another chunk of time grinding them up several levels, and we continue to our next destination!

That’s a lot of nows.

Okay, this is a Double Battle with an AI partner in a Drayano hack, but I’m still in a good position to take them on, right?

Eeyup.

Blah blah blah, you guys suck. Now, on to the upper part of Route 204!

Speaking of which, I did a quick check of the encounter tables, and, despite the example I gave in my rules, I’m not going to count the upper part of Route 204 as a new area. Its encounters are the same as on lower Route 204, just at higher levels. To me, that doesn’t count as sufficiently different to justify another catch. So it’s just Angel List the Ralts from this route.

There are some more Trainers for good experience, at least.

Also, wasn’t there a Cut tree here in vanilla? Did Drayano remove those, too?

Another town! You know what that means…

Another set of starters!

Provided by the most unenthusiastic reporter I’ve ever seen in these games. She actually challenged me after just three questions, instead of the usual five.

Well, it makes for a unique character, I guess.

As with the Hoenn starters, I won’t be getting the Johto ones right away. I will, however, note Scarlet 2’s HP, shown at the bottom of the screen. She took a Flame Wheel from Cyndaquil and went straight from low green to 3 HP. On a non-crit! I need to get this bird evolved!

That’s better.

I also removed the Exp. Share from Bank Acc and started training them normally. Iron Head and Zen Headbutt make them much more viable than vanilla Beldum!

Now I’ll take the Johto starters. “Polo-short” refers to buying more summer clothes, specifically polo shirts and shorts. “Mechanic” refers to calling my mechanic about a couple of lights on my dashboard that shouldn’t be on but often are. “White Shoe” carries on what I guess is now the tradition of naming Water starters after shoes I have to buy. He actually overlaps with Sneakers the Mudkip: both their tasks are the purchase of sneakers (which I like to get in white).

To make things not very exciting, all of them have their standard abilities, Overgrow, Blaze, and Torr—hey, wait a minute! The Totodile that the reporter fought me with had Intimidate! I got a different one! She cheated me!

I shall take out my anger on the incompetent buffoons of Team Galactic.

He does what Team Galactic Grunts do best: lose, then run away. Time for a detour to get the Works Key. First, though, I can get a catch in the Valley Windworks grass.

“Mechanic” probably would’ve been a better name for this Pokémon, but its robotic nature is somewhat evocative of digital monsters, right?

These two are next, and unlike in vanilla, they actually fight in a Double Battle. I wasn’t expecting that…

…but I still managed to get by with little trouble. Bank Acc did take some damage from a Zubat’s Bite, though; working off of Gen VI+ type tables really doesn’t do Steel/Psychic types many favors.

I get more stuff for winning, one of which I’m going to use right now!

Oh, nice! Honey now instantly attracts Pokémon, rather than taking several hours. That makes it much more convenient. And I have another chance at a Seedot!

…Which I also blow. I overestimated its Defense and scored a OHKO.

Let’s check out Route 205. It’s a little more open prior to the Valley Windworks event, so I can get a catch here, too.

I decided to go for another Honey Tree encounter to see if I could get a good Bug type, what with the Grass Gym looming.

AND OF COURSE IT’S A MALE COMBEE. Wait, hold on: maybe Drayano buffed them! Maybe they have better stats, or maybe every gender evolves into Vespiquen!

*quickly checks the documentation*

Turns out no. Bank Acc, flatten it.

At least the encounters in the grass around here aren’t too inviting: I’ve run into Mareep, Shellos, Buizel, and Hoppip, none of which would really add anything new.

Okay, let’s see how well this team does in the Valley Windworks.

So far, so good.

But here’s the main event.

Ooh, off to a good start!

…Less good, now. Zubat outsped and got in a Poison Fang that managed to badly poison K-S Social before she brought it down with Spark.

Still the same ace as in vanilla, and it’s only slightly less illegal. But Data Week should have a good shot at it.

Okay, critical Fake Out that took out over half her HP, could be better. A lot better. But Data Week is fast, so she should be able to get in a Brick Break that—

…How is something so fat so fast? Damn it! I’m sorry, Data Week.

This doesn’t bode well. Data Week was my one natural type advantage against Purugly, not to mention the fastest member of the team. Although…I do have someone else that knows Brick Break and, while he isn’t fast, he can take hits.

Black Shoe, give it all you’ve got!

THAT’S ALL IT DID? Shit, this doesn’t bode well.

At least Purugly wasted two turns with missed Hypnosis attempts. But that Sitrus Berry means that I essentially wasted a turn, too.

And it still does that much damage?!

Okay, change of plans. Black Shoe knows Rock Tomb. If he can lower Purugly’s Speed enough, maybe that will give us enough of an advantage to win.

Well, Purugly didn’t crit with Facade, but Black Shoe is on his last legs. Healing him would do no good, since I only have Potions and Facade does about 25 damage each time. Agh, why didn’t I think to stock up on Super Potions before coming here? I was cocky after the battle with Roark, which went so smoothly, and I was looking for a bigger challenge, but I overdid it.

Still…Purugly’s Speed has been halved by two Rock Tombs, and it should be in range of a KO from another Brick Break. I just have to hope that that’s enough of a speed drop, and that it doesn’t know Quick Attack or anything…

Yes! We made it! Way to go, Black Shoe!

I can’t relax just yet, though. Mars still has half her team left, including this bulky metal plate. But it’s weak to Dark now, so maybe K-S Social can handle it?

That’s a no. Bite is only a 3HKO, and another turn of Extrasensory + poison will take her down.

Ah, what can I do? K-S Social can’t last another turn, Black Shoe has barely any HP left, Dark 3 is weak to Psychic, and Scarlet 2 and Bank Acc don’t have anything even neutral against Bronzor! And all I have to heal HP are Potions…wait, that’s it!

I don’t need to send out someone to defeat Bronzor. I just need to send out someone who can stall while I heal up K-S Social and Black Shoe!

It took several turns, but the best damaging move Bronzor has is Extrasensory, which Bank Acc doubly resists. Otherwise, it’s a status troll with Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. Fortunately, those didn’t stop Bank Acc from completing their task.

K-S Social came back and finally finished it off! Mars is down to her last Pokémon!

Sure, Yanma’s going to be faster than Black Shoe, but it also has a rather notable double weakness.

We made it! I hope I’ve learned my lesson about charging recklessly into battles.

I guess I succeeded with my heroic endeavor…

…but at a cost.

Although, as I mentioned earlier in this update…

…I have a perfect backup.

And I don’t intend to be caught unprepared again.

Now let’s go check out Route 205.

The Trainers put up a good challenge (including one with a Pachirisu with Charge Beam; scared me for a good minute, but Dark 3 took it down). But ultimately, they’re no match for—

Frickity frick! That was a critical Karate Chop from almost full health! I thought Beldum were sturdier than that…but maybe I should’ve leveled Bank Acc up more nevertheless.

At least there’s a silver lining.

Still, that loss stings. I was looking forward to using a Metagross.

I debated over whom to withdraw as my new sixth party member. I didn’t have anyone with the same kind of bulk that Beldum has, so I decided to get my Psychic coverage back (and add a new typing, too).

After some more training, here’s the team. Angel List is holding onto the Exp. Share; his Hasty nature makes his defense worryingly low, so I’m not sending him into battle until he becomes a Kirlia.

Also, here’s Clean Car’s info, now that he’s all caught up. (His nature is Quirky.)

Hopefully this’ll be enough for Eterna Forest, ‘cause that’s where we’re going next time!

Lumaeus

Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh! That's how you actually @ people on this forum. You have just upgraded my replies, QuietGuardian, and for that I thank you.

Woah. Roark had way more Pokemon than I had thought. I assume that's part of the hack (which you likely mentioned but has since slipped my mind since it's been more than a minute since the previous post). But you handled that masterfully.

NOOOOO! DATA WEEK! She served bravely. But, I gotta say, your recovery after that loss was impressive, considering what you were up against.

And Bank Acc too? That hurts. I adore Metagross more than is entirely healthy. But hey, now you get financial independence, so it's not a total loss.

Best of luck in the forest. This is the one with free heals, right? Abuse it.

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Ooogh. That's gotta hurt, losing the Beldum and Monferno, especially as they would've both been absolute beasts in their final stage.

Good luck and don't forget to abuse the free heals.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Oh, jeez, that was a lot in one update. Yowch.

No! That is actually not the gift I meant. I only found out about that one after reading another run following that post, ahaha. There's another one you can get right now. Maybe it'll make up for the sting of that recent loss... good luck.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Congratulations on crushing Roark! RIP, male Combee. Drayano doesn't love you. Sorry that the Mars battle and the grinding afterwards didn't go as well, though...

QuietGuardian

🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Lumaeus Yes, the hack's difficulty includes (I assume) a full team of six for each Gym Leader.
Those losses weren't easy, but thanks for the kind words!
This is indeed the forest with the free heals. And of course I'll abuse it in a Nuzlocke.

@Obelisk They would have been absolute beasts in their final stages. And now every time I see your profile pic, I'll think of what might have been…

@Jimcloud Wait, there's another gift before Roark? Okay, I went back to Sandgem in this part and found a couple others; are they the ones you meant, or is there something I'm still missing?

@Bowser's Family Vacation Thank you! And while the Mars battle and grinding didn't go as well, they at least didn't go as badly as they could have..

In Eterna Forest, I quickly find a familiar, comforting NPC.

…Or do I? I think I remember hearing about this. Don’t tell me: you want to find out if I’m a strong Trainer or not, don’t you?

Called it. Let’s just hope she’s not too much of a threat…

Not too much, no, but still a challenge. Drifloon scared me a bit with its Shock Wave, but without STAB and with Black Shoe’s defenses, it didn’t do much for a super-effective attack.

Fortunately, after that, Cheryl becomes the nice healing companion we know and love.

First wilds! I wasn’t sure at first which to go for…

…but Cheryl made that decision for me by nailing the Taillow with an Ice Beam. (Dang, that Chansey’s got coverage! I’m lucky Clean Car turned out to be such a good matchup.)

The name refers to sorting through all my clothes and determining what I can get rid of.

Since Drayano removed Cut trees, I can go around here and avoid a Double Battle!

And the chance to avoid Double Battles is something I’m taking advantage of; they’re risky enough in vanilla Platinum.

But having one every so often helps make things more exciting.

Ah, finally!

I tried Angel List in his new form against this Trainer, but he didn’t match up so well. So I grinded another couple of levels and challenged the other Psychic.

Okay so this was much riskier than it looked. That Mr. Mime used Mimic to learn Draining Kiss from Angel List, which of course got STAB, and it proved too powerful for him. I switched to Dark 3, figuring he was the only one who could take a Draining Kiss and 1) take little enough damage and 2) not let Mr. Mime recover much HP. Fortunately, I was right (and I didn’t switch Dark 3 into a Psychic move). Then I switched to K-S Social, figuring it wouldn’t use Draining Kiss again—and it didn’t; it used Double Slap! Odd choice, but it worked out. K-S Social defeated it with Quick Attack, being the only way that I could get in an attack before it.

I need more Speed on my team…

The Old Chateau is accessible, but you can’t go inside with Cheryl. Not that I was necessarily expecting to be able to, but I was curious to see what would happen if I approached it. (And I think Cheryl references the episode of Generations that she was in; I wasn’t a big fan of that one, so I don’t remember for sure.)

After grinding everyone to Level 23, I decide it’s time to move on. Cheryl gives me a bunch of Return TMs (which are nice but would be more useful if coverage wasn’t so widespread in this hack) as thanks.

Finally! The location of the second Badge!

After healing up, I walked around to see what sort of loot the city had to offer, and I found this woman in the Underground Man’s home. She gives you three of every fossil in the game! (Except for Old Amber; that I only got one of.) Now, I know I didn’t lay out a restriction on gifts in my rules, but that’s because I wasn’t expecting this. Getting all the starters is one thing, but I have to draw the line at reviving every single Fossil Pokémon up through Gen IV.

Still, I don’t need to limit myself to only ever reviving just one, since this is a Drayano hack, so I’ll adopt this policy for Fossil Pokémon: I can only have one such living Pokémon at a time. This means that I can revive any of these fossils that I want, but once I’ve done that, I can’t do so for another fossil until the first one has died.

More vanilla stuff. Now let’s make some more catches!

Swablu have been retyped as Fairy/Flying in this hack, which I learned when K-S Social tried Biting it. “Closet Top” refers to going through the top shelf of my closet and, if not cleaning it out, organizing it.

Not a bad catch in here! As for the name, my debit card expires next month, so I need to get a new one.

Drayano removed the Strength boulders, too, giving me a lot more access to this cave!

I can enter this chamber, which is normally only available while scaling Mt. Coronet during the climax of the Galactic subplot. Not that it leads anywhere; I can’t get much farther without Rock Climb, and even if I did have it, Galactic Grunts are blocking the way. But at least there are a couple of good items, and the music is pretty kickass.

I can also check out this side of the route! Unfortunately, this does mean that I won’t be able to get a catch on both sides, as I usually would in Platinum. But with all the gifts this hack likes to throw at me, I think I can live with that.

I figured there would be someone blocking my way into Celestic Town. I wasn’t expecting it to be a reference, ha!

And then Angel List died. I saw a Black Belt in the south of the route and thought, “Oh, it’s a Black Belt; Angel List will be able to take him with his double type advantage against Fighting Pokémon!” NOPE. Heracross outsped and scored a OHKO without type advantages or a crit.

Truth be told, I can’t say I’m that surprised. Angel List’s Defense really did suffer. He was a good special attacker but I guess ultimately too frail for a Drayano hack.

Of course, there’s now the problem of HOLY SHIT IT’S A HERACROSS THAT OUTSPEEDS MY WHOLE TEAM WHAT DO I DO??

Fortunately, Heracross has that oh-so-helpful double weakness to Flying, so after Scarlet 2 tanked a Brick Break, she OHKOed with Air Cutter.

After that near-catastrophe, I decided to head back and only return to the other side of Route 211 once I’d grinded more.

Ohai Cynthia.

Like Rock Smash, Cut has been buffed; it’s now a 60 BP Grass attack with 100 accuracy and a high critical hit chance. Not bad, but it still carries the downside of being unable to forget without the Move Deleter.

Sorry, Angel List. You were marked “Handle With Care,” but I put a lot of faith in your Special Attack alone and took off the kiddie gloves too early.

My team doesn’t have much defensive clout, so I’m bringing on New Debit to change that. It’s nice that I can evolve him right away.

You’re not Gardenia.

Hang on. You’re saying I have to trek all the way up to the first snow route to find the second Gym Leader and get her to come back so I can battle her? That’s…a neat addition, actually. I gotta say, I’m liking this increased degree of freedom that removing HM obstacles gives me!

With the Rock Smash and Strength boulders removed, it was pretty much a straight shot here. And now that I’ve made it, I can get an Ice type!

Or not.

Before going farther down Route 216, though, I’m going to retreat and grind. The Trainers there are Ace Trainers, which makes them more dangerous, and I’m not looking to lose yet another Pokémon between Roark and Gardenia.

First, I head back to Mt. Coronet so I can do this.

I will admit that Probopass is an odd-looking Pokémon, but holy hell, look at those defensive stats! And his nature is Sassy, which is perfect!

Wild Metang sometimes appear on the lower floor of Mt. Coronet. They still get Metal Claw and Confusion upon evolving, which makes their moveset actually weaker than that of Beldum! And they’re good experience opportunities, too.

Wild Beldum are also pretty common in this cave. I’m a little disappointed I didn’t run into one so I could get a second shot at using its line, but unless Drayano changed it, their catch rate is as low as possible, and I’d probably waste all my Balls trying to get one. Plus, with New Debit being my catch, I get to enjoy the tankiness of Probopass.

I headed back south for a few reasons. One is that I heard about another gift Pokémon that I’d missed prior to Roark.

Is this them? I’m guessing that these contain the other two Sinnoh starters. But y’know what, I’ve kind of gotten tired of starters. Maybe I’ll come back later and pick them up, but for now, I’m leaving them be.

Back in Twinleaf Town, I find this fella. His name refers to checking my credit score, something that would probably be good for me to know.

My last task in this trip to southwestern Sinnoh is getting a fossil revived. I’ve got a lot of choices, so let’s consider them.

Aerodactyl would fill the much-needed spot of speedster on my team. Its defensive stats aren’t great, but it has a healthy 80 base HP and is good at hitting fast and hard. Its abilities, Rock Head and Pressure, are okay but not fantastic, though.

Omastar boasts excellent Defense and Special Attack, but its other stats are somewhat lacking. Combine that with its double weakness to Grass and it’s in trouble if it faces anything with a special Grass attack, since it’s not likely to outspeed. Not very promising when I’m about to face the Grass Gym.

Kabutops has the same double weakness as Omastar, but it has higher Special Defense and Speed to increase its chances of surviving. It has good physical stats, but its ability is a gamble: it can either have Battle Armor, which is a godsend in a Nuzlocke, or Swift Swim, which is only situationally useful and most of the time requires a turn of setup to have any impact at all.

Cradily has good all-around stats except for Speed. It has a pretty good defensive typing, and while its forte is defense, it has offensive stats that make it no slouch on the attack. Its abilities don’t add much, unfortunately, both being only rarely useful (Drayano gave it Storm Drain in addition to Suction Cups).

Armaldo is, in some ways, a tougher, slower Kabutops without the double weakness. It boasts high physical stats, and like Cradily, its typing is pretty good for defense. Normally, it would only have Battle Armor, but unfortunately, Drayano added Swift Swim, which is hardly useful for a slow Pokémon who’s weak to Water.

Rampardos has a monstrous Attack stat, but it also has low defenses and Speed—not a good combination in any Nuzlocke, let alone one of a Drayano hack.

Bastiodon has excellent defensive stats, but it’s weak on offense and similar enough to Probopass that I don’t feel the need for both.

After consideration, I went with…

Aerodactyl! I really could use someone who’s fast from the get-go (unlike Clean Car, who needs to take time to build up his Speed). If I’d had an Aerodactyl when fighting that Heracross on Route 211, I would have been able to strike it down without fear of being attacked first.

The name refers to getting more practice with Pivot Tables in Excel; being proficient with Excel is a big point in your favor in today’s job market.

Hasty is something of a double-edged sword for Aerodactyl, but it’ll certainly help with that Speed factor. As for Rock Head, I’ll just have to see if Pivot X learns a good recoil move down the line.

Let’s see how far I can go this way.

That last guy had a Farfetch’d that set up twice with Swords Dance, and I’m sure it’s been substantially buffed, knowing Drayano. Boy was that scary.

Pfft. Okay, Drayano, you get a pass for using this because it’s a reference.

Also, it is in line with just about all of the other roadblocks in this game. Most of them are just people arbitrarily blocking your way that won’t let you pass unless the game says so. Normally, that’s just obnoxious—it’s one of the reasons why the original dancing guys in B2W2 are so despised—but this game has a different feel to it, being a hack. Like, it’s a new and fresh take on a region I’m familiar with that opens up the world to a greater extent and removes obstacles that would probably be annoying otherwise. I know there are some places I can’t go just yet or that’d throw things off, so I don’t really mind having some more freedom in exchange for the game putting random people in my way, then removing them when the time is right.

Since Pivot X will have an offensive type advantage against the upcoming Gym, he gets trained up.

A little while later, I reached what I felt was a good point to head to Route 216 and find Gardenia.

The Trainers put up a fight, but thanks to luck, superior strength, and good old-fashioned type advantages, my team plowed through. (Geddit? Like a snow plow!)

Ah, there she is.

Finally, I can take on the Eterna Gym!

And here’s the team I’ll be doing it with, barring any tragic grinding accidents. While Black Shoe has certainly shown his heroism, taking a Water type into a Drayano Grass Gym is just asking for trouble. I might have considered it if he knew a move that was strong against Grass, but he does not.

I came in to gauge the levels in the Gym again, and I’d say this puts Gardenia at…25 or 26? I’ll grind to 28; that should be enough with the type advantages I’m bringing.

Yeah, the Trainers weren’t too bad, but we could still use another bit of training.

Dark 3 is leading because he’s not a typical counter to Grass and I’m trying to avoid any traps Gardenia might have with her first Pokémon. Everyone has an offensive and/or defensive advantage against Grass except for New Debit, but he’s so bulky he doesn’t really need it.

So I must now complete a new set of tasks. Since K-S Social represents a one-time task that’s already been completed, I only have five Pokémon in my party with a task I need to accomplish. Of course, added to that are the tasks from the three deaths I’ve had since Roark—Data Week, Bank Acc, and Angel List. (I’ve decided that dead Pokémon with recurring tasks, like Digimon 2, only have to have theirs completed once; otherwise the list of tasks might get too overwhelming as my list of dead Pokémon keeps growing.) I’m gonna go get on those, but I’ll see you all before too long!

Lumaeus

Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cute
Pokédex Entry
The gifts in this game are amazing! Your restraint with them, however, is even more so.

So, the vast list of tasks you've posted makes it obvious why this would be a bad idea, but did you for a second consider naming potential catches before trying to catch them, so if you failed you still had the task to accomplish? It's foolishness, but was it ever a possibility?

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Those are the gifts, yepyep! Just wanted to be sure you were aware of them, i figured that would be roughly your reaction. No big.

Ah, that Cheryl fight. Drayano never plays, does he.

GOD THE FUCKING ICE ROUTE.... IM SO GLAD YOU GET THAT EARLY IM CRYING IT'S SO GOOD DRAYANO YOU DONE GOOD FOR ONCE

good luck with Gardenia. I'm absolutely sure she is not going to fuck around even a little with you. So... yeah. Don't die too hard.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Ah man, so many rough losses in these updates! I see the description of Drayano hacks is very fitting: you have to either tank hits or hit so hard you never get hit. I was never able to keep a Kirlia alive myself. But your team looks awesome now! I think you have a sound strategy for this gym, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes! Go Dark 3!!

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Good luck with Gardenia. Hoping your team pulls through fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)