• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Sinnoh Commentary Suffering from Success: Zaazaa's Readers Add Rules Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hewwo!

It's Galactic time. But first, we need Cut.

I'd rather not teach it to someone on the team, so Tim gets to come along for now.

None of the grunts posed any threat, so let's get right to the main event.

Nick's up first, since most of the rest of the team is weak to either Giga Drain or Wing Attack.

Looks like I chose correctly.

One down.

Webb's up, to satisfy the rule.

That's not good. Time to get out.

Crimson can handle this.

One more and we're golden.

Nice.

Yay! :3

Jupiter says some things and then leaves.

Cynthia gives us an egg. I could give it a rule when it hatches, but let's do it right now instead.

Perfect Dark: You may not view the top screen.

Oh, fuck.

Uwah! Who tuwned out the wights??

Alright, so here's what I'm going to do. Normally, I crop out the bottom screen from all my screenshots, unless the bottom screen is the important one in which case I crop out the top screen. I won't be doing that while this rule is in effect, so that you can see what's happening as well as what I'm seeing at the same time. I also won't be looking at my screenshots until after gameplay is done, so I can't do that to cheat. I type up my commentary while playing, not after, so anything I type here, I'm typing before seeing what's actually happening.

Anyway, the plan now is to spend the rest of the day trying to kill this Togepi, because I cannot do this for the whole game.

I'm already lost. I just wanted to get my bike from the bike shop guy.

Hmm, this room is a lot wider than I remember it being.

I couldn't find the bike guy, but I did manage to leave the building. So I guess I'll just run around aimlessly until the egg hatches.

I'm sure this is a bad screenshot, but it hatched.

Alright, time to kill this guy.

Oh fuck, this is on the top screen too. Umm...

I think that's correct?

Yeah, that's it. Let's see if I can find some grass.

Well, I missed the grass entirely and ended up in the Eterna Forest instead. But there's grass here, so it works.

That cry sounded like a Cascoon, which can't attack me. Let's find something else.

I think that's a Buneary. That'll do.

Stop using what I think are non-damaging moves please.

Hearing the low health beeps, so something must have happened up there.

That sounded like fainting.

I'm free!

It's very rare that I'll choose to kill a Pokemon rather than put up with its rule, but this was definitely the time to do it. Sorry about that.

Anyway, we can finally get the bike and head out of Eterna.

It's also right here that I realize that all but one member of my team is weak to Electric, so I need to rely on Rosie a lot more, since there are a lot of Pikachu and Shinx users here.

I'm being hewpfuw!

After clearing out the trainers, I take a quick stop in Oreburgh to grab my Shieldon.

Overkill: Every time you OHKO, you must switch out the Pokemon who dealt the hit.

Oh boy. So long as I still have shift mode, that should be doable.

Let's also grab a catch right here.

Aw, lame.

Let's see...

Don't take whats given: The Pokemon with this rule must be swapped for a random same strength pokemon using the random pokemon generator, with the same ivs and nature, and the moves it would get at that level.

Oh, shit. RNG says Croagunk, which I'll edit in a bit later.

One more catch, in here.

Why.

Well, whatever.

Damn Bills: Whenever you heal your Pokemon at the PMC, buy a useless item (no potions or Pokeballs).

That's doable, most places sell mail or something. Though keep in mind that I have a rule forcing me to buy items in batches of five, so this gets much more expensive.

And then, uh.

I did the save editing to get Croagunk and booted up the game again, and my file was gone. I opened up the save in Pokegen and it was completely empty. I don't think there's a way to get it back, and I didn't make a backup beforehand.

So, uh.

RUN OVER.

...Except that's a really lame way to end it, and I was having a ton of fun. So stay tuned for the sequel, coming soon!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
F

Wait wait wait
You could say this run...croaked

Sheepscope

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She and they in no particular order, he very rarely; I'm beginning to think that I'm gender-fluid.
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Mind if I edit the "Perfect Dark" rule for next time, then?

If you open the save file in PKHex, then save another copy, it might work--Pokegen's been wonky for me lately, too.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
Scratch that, the run continues.

I decided I'd rather recreate the save file myself than start a new run entirely, so I went ahead and did that. As a result, my Pokemon have different natures, IVs, and EVs, than they had before. I know already that buge's Hidden Power is now Dragon instead of Electric, but other than that I think I got all the moves right.

The Croagunk rule will be resolved by catching an extra Croagunk once I get to the Great Marsh.

We'll be back to your regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
Since the Tapatalk forums are now read-only, do we put rule submissions in this thread now? If so,

Wildlife Preservationist: You cannot battle any wild Pokemon besides your first/second encounter for each route.
Vs Seeker's broken (If someone can think up a better name for it, go ahead): You cannot use the Vs Seeker.
Take a Nice Walk: You cannot run or use the Bicycle unless you are required to (either for plot purposes or to obtain an item).

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
Might Makes Right: This Pokemon must have the highest level on the team.

BiblioTech

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Resting on Laurels: If a pokemon other than your ace defeats a gym leader's or admin's ace, box that pokemon until after the next gym/admin battle.

Squiggy Azalea

a goode boy
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
im pretty sure you could have used pkhex instead to resolve this issue? pokegen does have that issue that if you don't do something precise it'll go fucky on your savefile and shit

regardless, i'm glad you managed to resolve that stuff! having to restart you run must have been rather tedious and shit D:

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Used to be frequent, but has matured into a lazy son of a--
No rules from me, just gonna watch the chaos unfold with my bucket of chicken. Last time that happened, I went crazy and tried all types of meta-esque wacky rules.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
Just putting this here for anyone who was watching this thread: The run is back, but it's continuing in the thread ported over from Tapatalk, not this one. It's over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)