• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General Video Games Stuff You Just Figured Out

Epsilon

Queen of Birds
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pokémon Type
???
Someone told me that in Shield if you manage to complete Melony's gym challenge without falling into any holes, she has different dialogue when she greets you. I tested it on my recent run (not cheating 'cause the path leads you to her gym trainers regardless), and turns out she does. It's very ara ara. I'm assuming Gordie in Sword does too but I can't restart Sword to check. Would be nice if someone else who is able to could test this.

Also, drifblim has a mouth. What the hell.

Last edited:

TheMgr

I am bad at this.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 11, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
I'm playing through Black right now (not as a Nuzlocke, but a regular playthrough) and I continually forget that Steel resisted both Ghost and Dark prior to Gen 6.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
So I thought that Blizzard when used in Hail just had 100% accuracy. Nope, it completely bypasses the accuracy check! The more you know!

Zowayix

Worst Luck Possible Nuzlocker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Yesterday I found out Heat Wave was introduced in Gen III, not Gen IV.

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
I honestly only knew Heat Wave was from Gen III from trying to do Level 1 dungeons as Charizard in Red Rescue Team, haha.
On a related note, apparently not only are Vacuum-Cut and Wide Slash PMD exclusive TMs (which I was aware of), they apparently are also some of the few moves capable of being taught to mons that don't normally learn TMs; they can be taught to Magikarp, Ditto, Kricketot, Smeargle, and the not-fully-evolved Wurmple lines.

RadiantBeam

Evil Good
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water
I recently learned that Sceptile is a pure Grass type after spending years thinking it gained additional typing for its third evolution like Swampert and Blaziken. For some reason I just assumed since they gained additional typing, Sceptile did as well and never double checked it until my current run through Alpha Sapphire.

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
That if you use Baton Pass while confused, it will pass the confusion to the next pokemon along with the stat changes,

Reactions: io_

Nenety

Comedy mold
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
This might sound pretty weird, but... You know the move High Horsepower, right?

Well, until a few days ago, I thought that move had a flinching effect. I honestly thought that was the whole reason for the move to be a weaker (single-target) EQ that could actually miss. That wasn't the case, however, and High Horsepower actually has no secondary effect whatsoever.

I felt (and still feel) pretty silly upon finding out about that, not gonna lie.

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
Ground is pretty much cursed with everything being worse than Earthquake except when splash damage is a concern.

Meanwhile, I learned that Dynamax blocks Transform. That poor guy and the Ditto he brought to a raid, literally did nothing useful. (But still better than Martin's Solrock.)

Vexelbun

Robo-bun of Friendship
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
any
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
It Just Works
I only recently learned that Tangela is a pure Grass type. It's likely because I never use it, and the memory of it using Poison Powder in the anime is really distinct to me, so I always assumed it was Grass/Poison like every other Grass type in Gen 1. Subsequently, I always thought of Chikorita as the first pure Grass type, but I was wrong!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Togepi has the same gender ratio as the starters. I only learned this because I noticed I was getting a lot of males in my shiny breeding- I always thought it was 50-50

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
Smaller bit: I dunno how I never noticed that the whistle button makes you ring your bike's bell in Sword/Shield.

Bigger bit: You probably need to beat ShSw main story for this to work. But, try spinning in place! You'll know you're doing it right when your character literally spins in place. I think you can do that at any time normally, but what happens when you stop spinning is probably what you need to beat the main game for! Spinning and then stopping will make you do Leon's dramatic pose, complete with a dramatic sound effect!

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
Bigger bit: You probably need to beat ShSw main story for this to work. But, try spinning in place! You'll know you're doing it right when your character literally spins in place. I think you can do that at any time normally, but what happens when you stop spinning is probably what you need to beat the main game for! Spinning and then stopping will make you do Leon's dramatic pose, complete with a dramatic sound effect!
You can do this from the start of the game

Season

Formally known as White Chaos.
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is the Unovan regional form of the Pokémon White Chaos, shrugging the Dark/Psychic typing in favor of a Grass/Poison persona.
Dragapult is essentially the Gen 8 version of Kangaskhan, except this time we know the name of the baby and can actually catch it. I'm surprised they haven't officially made baby Kangaskhan a real Pokemon yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)