• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General Video Games Stuff You Just Figured Out

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Discharge has a 30% chance of paralyzing, as opposed to Thunderbolt’s 10%. No wonder it always seems to paralyze targets...

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
^ Lava Plume is the same. Weaker than Flamethrower, but hits every Pokemon around it and has a 30% chance of burn.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Did you know in Gen 1, Bide actually could damage Ghost-Types and Night Shade could damage Normal-Types? Cause I recently learned that from watching a follow-up video on somebody’s video on beating Gen 1 with just an Eevee.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
I only very recently realized the ring on Arceus is supposed to be a halo

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
Shedinja can completely wall Juan's entire team in Emerald except for his first Pokemon, Luvdisc, which has Sweet Kiss. Absolutely ridiculous.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Did you know that Cosmoem (0.1m/0.04ft) is actually shorter then Cosmog (0.2m/0.08ft)? That makes it one of the few Pokémon that gets shorter upon evolution. (another example is Gloom and Bellossom, heck Bellossom is shorter than Oddish!)

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Did you know in Gen 1, Bide actually could damage Ghost-Types and Night Shade could damage Normal-Types? Cause I recently learned that from watching a follow-up video on somebody’s video on beating Gen 1 with just an Eevee.
Bide is super weird in terms of being able to damage opponents. It could hit Ghost-types in Gen I, stopped being able to hit them in Gen II, could hit Ghost-types again in Gen VI, then stopped being able to hit them again from Gen V onward. Hell, it's just weird in general, even. It bypasses accuracy checks in Gen I, but not in II or III, but then bypasses it again in Gen IV. It could hit Pokémon in their semi-invulnerable states from moves like Fly in Gen I, but not any going forward. Move has an all in all a weird history.

Anyway, keeping vaguely with the topic of the thread, I was working on a doc for someone in the Camp Wananuzlocke server - Putting together some possible Pokémon they could use in a Nuzlocke they're planning on doing - and some of the Pokémon that can learn Rain Dance are honestly wild. Like, why do Fire-types learn it? Sure, Legendaries are basically gods, they can do what they want, and the Fennekin line are mages, they don't have to make logical sense, magic is weird like that. But why Pyroar? They can't even learn Thunder to benefit from it.
And then, as I was typing this post, I realized.
They're lions.
Lions are found in Africa.
They learn Rain Dance.
They bless the rains down in Africa.
God.
Dammit.

I don't know if that was intentional or not but I'm going to pretend it was because that's honestly hilarious. I'm going to name my next Pyroar Toto and give it Rain Dance solely for the meme of it all.

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
Shedinja can completely wall Juan's entire team in Emerald except for his first Pokemon, Luvdisc, which has Sweet Kiss. Absolutely ridiculous.
I had all the pieces in place in my Emerald Nuzlocke, so I went ahead and recorded a video of myself beating Juan with a Plusle and a Shedinja.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
I realized something as I was playing LeafGreen. The S.S Anne has a bottom floor that you can go to where you battle a bunch of Sailors and Fishermen. I had never even thought about it until just recently and it just randomly dawned on me.

That's because it's the crew deck.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
In Emerald's Battle Pyramid. If you step on the tile that warps you to the next floor at the same time as a trainer sees you, they'll battle you, and the warp won't activate. After the battle, you'll have to step off the tile and then back on to go to the next floor.

Also an Altaria Pursuit'd my 6 HP Slaking and killed it, so apparently Altaria can learn Pursuit.

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Apparently the key card password in BW2 is a select set of passwords and not just one password. I got Reshiram as the password fist time I played the game and assumed it is guaranteed as the password (or at least for Black 2).

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Spinda is pure Normal.

I could have sworn it was Normal/Psychic. Nope, pure Normal.

Reactions: io_

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Struggle is a typeless move and hits everything neutrally, including Ghosts. This, I knew.

What I didn't know was that it ALSO bypasses Shedinja's Wonder Guard, at least in Gen 8. Just had that happen with my Scarfed, out of PP Ditto against a buddy's Shedinja. Weird.

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Gyarados's Gen II sprite has a mouth on its left edge. I always thought it just had a snout and never looked that closely.

Emperor ServingSpoon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
Not just figured out, but in US/UM your Mum will give you one Poke Ball each day if you talk to her. I'm not sure if the type of ball changes or not, but she gave me a Heal Ball just then. Not that there's any shortage of money for you to stock up on them yourself, but an extra one here or there could come in handy if you've forgotten to stock up, or underestimated how easy it would be to catch something!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
I'm not sure if the type of ball changes or not, but she gave me a Heal Ball just then.
So, this had me curious so I looked it up. According to Bulbapedia, there's about a 90% chance of a Poke Ball, and around 5% chances each for Great and Heal Balls. I knew about Poke and Heal, but I didn't know she could give you a Great Ball.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Just realized that the loose skin Scrafty has around its neck is actually, like, a functional hood and has eyeholes and they can pull it over their heads. I thought it was just like saggy skin or smth for aesthetics... Blew my damn mind.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
You know in Sword and Shield where you go up the hill on Route 10 leading to Wyndon? There's a fucking TM to the right there. I had to have this pointed out to me, since the entrance to that little alcove is damn well hidden.

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
Emergency Exit won’t activate against Totem Pokemon. I had to rework my strategy on the fly when I learned that the hard way...

Emperor ServingSpoon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Ouch!

In an opposite case, I was super worried when Cursed Body activated in the Totem Marowak battle, after I'd just used Hydro Vortex based on Water Pledge, since that was my only Water move... But I selected Water Pledge the next turn, expecting a popup about it being disabled... But none ever appeared! It turns out that Cursed Body had disabled the Z-move (despite those only being usable once, outside of Roto-Dex shenanigans) rather than the move that it was based on! So Totem Marowak died on turn 2, and my plan wasn't even remotely ruined in the end!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)