• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Teen Mon Step By Step By Step

Thread Description
Soul Silver Nuzlocke: Updates Fridays!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
On a scale of 1-10, how lost do you think she is?
Page 61

oh wow that stranger surely knows perfectly well what they're doing they're a mood tbh
yeah like i can understand talking to yourself, but screaming? boy they gotta be real pissed here
also, we know this place, hmmm :squints:

its my headcanon now anyways and youre gonna have to live with that
They are very upset cause they're a bit off the mark lol. But at least there's some Ice Cream nearby! That's gotta count for something, right? Also I 100% support you and your headcanons!

Mysterious cult must've spent too much of their budget on candles, there was none left for maps. And this poor ice cream cartwoman, can't catch a break without weirdos coming up to her cart. She's not being paid enough for this.
Neither of these two are paid enough for this to be honest. You think maps were the first thing to go in the budget cuts?

As always, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
tiny bottom panel espeon is best espeon!!!

also, F for mysterious person. i hope she ends up finding the gym eventually ú_ù

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Hey all! Sorry this is so late but please enjoy these 2 pages as an apology~
||
Pg 62|| ||Pg 63||
And now, for a reply~

tiny bottom panel espeon is best espeon!!!

also, F for mysterious person. i hope she ends up finding the gym eventually ú_ù
I love this little espeon so much and with these newest 2 pages, I hope you do too~
As always, thank you for your comment~

So quick announcement here before I edit it into the OP but unfortunately I have mad the decision to go onto hiatus until January 2020. School and life have just been too much for me to keep up with, and with work about to ramp back up to full time, I have had to drop almost all my leisure activities to keep up. I'm so sorry for the abrupt announcement. I really underestimated my workload this school session. I know a lot is happening on the forums right now, but I hope the days treat you all kindly. Hope you all have a great holiday season!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
and finally just binge your comic!
Alma sure has some strong determination to go through this journey!
A bit too bad that Jabber disagrees...
Had they talk maybe they can work it out hahaha

Since Alma's goal is to find Jabber, some parts of the game story would need altering then
Will she do gym challenges? Why would she do so? Isn't that not her priority?
And since she is on a chase, this run sure won't be as lax as most other nuz runs!
I say all that, but more importantly,
This comic is still continued right?

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHO'S BACK WITH A NEW PAGE?
|| Pg 64||

I know it's been a hot minute and if you want a full explanation it's right here but suffice to say Uni (and working full time) kicked my ass harder than I ever thought it would. Paired with 2020 shenanigans I have been doing Less Than Great. But we're back to Friday updates for now!

and finally just binge your comic!
Alma sure has some strong determination to go through this journey!
A bit too bad that Jabber disagrees...
Had they talk maybe they can work it out hahaha

Since Alma's goal is to find Jabber, some parts of the game story would need altering then
Will she do gym challenges? Why would she do so? Isn't that not her priority?
And since she is on a chase, this run sure won't be as lax as most other nuz runs!
I say all that, but more importantly,
This comic is still continued right?
There are a lot of good questions here! Sadly, I cannot answer many because it'd be spoilers ;;u;; But I am continuing on! I don't have it in my heart to let go of this comic!

Welp, see you next week y'all!!!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
inhales
HELLO STEP BY STEP BY STEP I LOVE YOU AND I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK

So here we got a fateful almost-encounter between the mysterious person with the Psychic Pokémon and our heroes. So close yet so far, what a journey for the egg! ;A;

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
oooo, who are these mysterious strangers ;3

haha, good to see you back! that espeon is being a good protector sensing danger of some sort, but i just love the xatu vibbin as it walks behind XD

i dont know who this character is but the gentle way she talks to the egg is so endearing, im already on her side!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
inhales
HELLO STEP BY STEP BY STEP I LOVE YOU AND I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK

So here we got a fateful almost-encounter between the mysterious person with the Psychic Pokémon and our heroes. So close yet so far, what a journey for the egg! ;A;
HELLO STEP BY STEP BY STEP LOVES YOU TOO! For real tho thank you so much for the warm welcome back! And this poor little eggy- just let the poor thing get to where it's going already!!!

oooo, who are these mysterious strangers ;3

haha, good to see you back! that espeon is being a good protector sensing danger of some sort, but i just love the xatu vibbin as it walks behind XD

i dont know who this character is but the gentle way she talks to the egg is so endearing, im already on her side!
Ah yes, these mysterious strangers who are cool and mysterious just as I originally imagined them to be and aren't totally a bunch of dorks. ;> Also yes she very kind to the little eggy. Which is good because the poor eggy has so much to get through before it can get where it's going!
NEW PAGE TIIIIIIME!!!
||
Pg 65||

Lil Alma and Silver were fun to draw. Also look at how punch-able Silver is towards the bottom. Amazing.
Oh yeah and there is some mission wrapped up in the egg??? Idk sounds weird :p

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
haha, man! i've been looking forward to this page, but theres so much more than just the silver smolder that makes it real nice! the tiny silver and alma running in the first panel is so funny to me for some reason, like i want to have little figurines of them so they can chase each other across my desk. I love that mystery girl was so eager to jump in and help, I might have assumed she was a bad guy with her hood up and her face hidden, but it seems she'd not look kindly on a thief either, lets me know she's a good person, but still a little suspicious. you can feel the conflict she feels in the last panel. it's okay mg, jabbers will be fine...i hope

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
haha, man! i've been looking forward to this page, but theres so much more than just the silver smolder that makes it real nice! the tiny silver and alma running in the first panel is so funny to me for some reason, like i want to have little figurines of them so they can chase each other across my desk. I love that mystery girl was so eager to jump in and help, I might have assumed she was a bad guy with her hood up and her face hidden, but it seems she'd not look kindly on a thief either, lets me know she's a good person, but still a little suspicious. you can feel the conflict she feels in the last panel. it's okay mg, jabbers will be fine...i hope
Lil alma and silver were probably my fav part of that page tbh. They're just so dumb cute like this Tho getting to redraw them at the bottom in my updated style was fun too! Also glad to see you enjoying Mystery Girl. She's got a lot of shady stuff to do, but she's doin' her best!

Also u sure do hope that Jabbers will be okay. :')

UPDATE TIME!!
||Page 66||

Here we have Alma making a memorable first impression! Also these shocked faces were fun to draw.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
LOL that NOPE OUT turn she does XD

Despite not being able to see her face, i really love her expression in the second panel, her little lip quiver is actually really cute ToT

this is a really strong page! keep up the good work!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Just read through this comic, and it was really enjoyable! I'm a sucker for a good motivated protagonist, and Alma has that in spades. Her relationship with Cyndi is adorable, I love the scene where he comforts her. This comic also really has a great opening - starting right off with the action and an intense chase scene, setting up the perfect tone! I'm excited for more, keep up the great work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)