• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Advice Starting a new nuzlock, White or Black? What would you pick and why pick it?

JadeWizard

A wild LURKER has appeared!
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 23, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
The Jadewizard is often lost in thought about it's stories only speaking up when they need or want to.
So I was looking up stuff and apparently black and white have quite a bit of differences and I don't know which to play anymore. What would you choose and why would you choose that game taking the differences in consideration?

Slow

the echoing screaming reverb of a song
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2020
Pronouns
he/him/his
My extremely biased answer is to go with White because I adore the Solosis line, prefer the Rufflet line, and STRONGLY prefer the White Opelucid music as opposed to Black Opelucid music.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Why not both 🙂 ?

Though seriously that's totally up to your personal taste. There are a few major differences (two different locations for example), but honestly nothing crucial. I'm personally a fan of Black because I played it first, and I prefer most of the version exclusives, but I don't really have a compelling argument either way.

SimplyUnknown

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Honestly, there really isn't that much of a difference between the two. You get a very similar story with the only real difference being which box-legendary you get. As someone who has played both, my advice is to look at the list of version exclusives and see which one you prefer. If that doesn't matter to you as much, just go with your favorite Dragon. The big stuff like Black City vs White Forest don't occur until the post-game which shouldn't matter to you unless you're going all the way to Alder.

PageEmperor

Did you bring a light? (No?)
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
It really depends on what you think is better, judging by version exclusives or city designs or whatnot. Personally I would strongly reccomend the Black version, but it’s up to you.

Zard

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 12, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
White tends to have the superior encounters, namely Lilligant and Reuniclus.

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
i choose black in my unova runs, because zekrom the pokemon of ideals fits N better than reshiram the pokemon of truth. because the final figth is between truth of culture that is around pokemon and ideals of a world that has no trainer that abuses their pokemon

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
I'm partial to White version because the version exclusives are much more interesting and are some of my favorite Pokemon period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)