Stardust and Moonlight - Adventures in ACNL!

Thread Description
It’s all fun and games until you hyperfixate

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
Soo... I’m back on playing ACNL, and figured, why not document the experience some here?

I’ll start the actual logs next post, but for now... write up of the towns time!

Stardust is my current primary town, and the one I’m most invested in turning into a good Dream Town experience! I once described it as intending to give a feeling of ‘nostalgia run through a degraded VHS’ - heavy influence from vaporwave/synthwave/lo-fi aesthetics, as well as elements drawing off of my own nostalgia.
So far I’m... not far into it xD i /do/ have all my ideal villagers moved in and houses neatly ordered, but i got frustrated by lack of a good ground path pattern and... kinda gave up for a bit.. /cough. But! I’ve just gotten a new pattern made up and it’s a nice fit! So my next goal is to get the roads laid out & start the real landscaping....

Current villagers are! Bud, Diana, Stitches, Flora; Cleo, Fuchsia, Coco, Bob; Bizkit and Pierce! Mayor is... uh... Mayor Paine; and there are two other residents: Seti and Alphonse. All three are planned to have some story/exploration in their homes, so I won’t be giving too much info away yet! But I’m also hoping to build Stardust to having a scavenger hunt for dream visitors, bringing supplies to the mayor’s house for a party!

its the sailor moon town... kind of. The mayor is indeed based on Sailor Jupiter, and Mercury is one of the residents... I may add one or two of the others at a later date, but probably won’t... because Callisto is also intended to be a wild/forest town! It’s in very early stages now, mostly cycling out starting villagers & I’m trying to figure out what villagers i want moving in xD after that... it’ll probably be cloning a looot of cedar saplings. Because I have two systems and games, and to hell with trying to accumulate them normally |D

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So! Looots of stuff in Stardust today :D

Mostly pattern related. ... I think, all pattern-related, actually |D

Mostly in that I've been spending the majority of the last few days jumping back and forth between three characters to build up a path set that's mostly two tiles wide, but with a small 1-tile border for a park on one end of town and any incidental short paths I need. Pretty happy with how they turned out- especially since I think I figured out a way to get away with not having to make an extra eight or more joining/cap tiles for the 1-tile path, even if capstones feel like a cheap copout xD At least it's a cute cheap copout?

The main road!

The smaller path, ft. endcap squares.

And an extra-wide road leading from Town Hall to the Plaza, which is another... 5-ish steps below xD

The main brick pattern comes from a tutorial I found a while back, and I'll... probably? Attempt editing the stepping/capstone pattern to see if I can get the heart better centered, but if not, it's good enough xD I am kind of proud of this, since... even if it's using a tutorial, I did all the spritework myself and it wasn't just downloaded QR patterns. The colors are nice and neutral, they look nice in the winter and don't clash horribly with the dirt, snow or paving stones; they look nice at all times of day, and they strike a nice balance between looking a bit... weathered? But not overly rustic/run down, but not too prim and neat, neither of them would've fit too well with the look I'm going for. probably

Other work done today... demolished a lighthouse! So I can build... another lighthouse! I'm currently trying to reformat some of the area, figuring out how to create the look of a bus stop without the actual bus stop PWP (that's going in another part of town), got another bridge built too... overall though, making some pretty good progress!

That's about it for now ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)