• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Spacial Rend - A Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Lucas, Dawn, and Barry travel around a weird Sinnoh.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(desperately tries to come up with a witty one-liner to go with this update and fails)

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
page 26 update! or page 2 of intermission 1 update and oh boy i didn't think this through
---

Glad to see this back! "Faller"... whatever can this mean?
happy to be back! :D
and about that chapter title... well... :3c

It's back! But you can't just have an intermission after the first chapter, shaking my head my head

What could they be doing?
i can have an intermission whenever i WANT shaking my head YOUR head
and god who knows what kinds of shenanigans six year olds get up to they're wild

I love the Intermission, It´s so adorable.
Everyone, please read the page after the Chapter One Cover, You´ll not regret it.
thank you!! :D!
ohoho, did you notice something? :3c

I love in one of the sketches the comparison of scarf lengths between Lucas and Barry. Barry is clearly superior, just take a closer look at that scarf

If I'm being honest now that I've gotten to this point of posting this I'm a little ashamed of myself for doing this. I'm sorry.

Loving this comic so far! Keep it up!
SJKDFFKDLH okay i'm saving that image for forever i love it and ofc everyone knows longer scarves are superior
and thank you!! i hope it'll continue to please :D!

Woohooooooo, its back! So happy for your return!

As for your ganza nom, congratulations! Personally, I used to love nuzlocke comics, but for the past few months, Ive been bored of them. I felt like Id sorta "gotten the point" and I stopped seeking out new comics to read. That is, until I found this comic! This is the first nuzcomic in months thats gotten me excited, I get so giddy every time I check back for new updates. So thats why Spacial Rend got my nomination for best new comic. You really deserve it!
:D!!
and aaaAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH.... i really have no words tbh i just. 😭💖💖 i'm just VERY HAPPY and i'm totally NOT CRYING
i hope spacial rend'll continue to excite!! :'D

This comic seems really cool! It's very well-drawn, has an intriguing premise. The childlike drawing for the intermission is really cute, too.
thank you so much!! it makes me really happy to hear/read! :D!! i'm glad i was able to capture the proper childlike energies for that intermission cover too sdjkfkdjf

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
Did his mother just throw a knife.

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
I am with the commentor above; why is she throwing a knife!!!!!!!!!! ma'am that's dangerous!!!!!!!!!! you have a child!!!!
also, ma'am, you don't have to buy books!! you can go to a library where you can HAVE THE BOOKS FOR FREE FOR THREE WEEKS!!! no more book buying!!!! your son can have many many books!!! unless you have no surf pokemon. good luck getting to Canalave library by swimming. you'll get the books wet on the swim back.

I am also with Lucas; sometimes a book is just too good. don't put it down kid. keep trucking. become a reading prodigy.

EDIT: Okay I went back and reread the whole comic because I was searching for clues of what was going on and i found something interesting...

HMMMMMMM????WHAT'S THIS??????? A SPOOKY SKY THING????
I KNEW YOU WERE DROPPING SOME HINTS
WELL I'M STARTING TO PICK THEM UP
and they make me very happy!!
you're doing great my friend :)

Last edited:

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Like everybody else, apparently, I was also struck by Mom's impressive knife-tossing skills. At least I assume they must be impressive, since she has two whole hands haha. She reminds me of my mom re: encouraging her bookworm child, which is nice. I notice that Lucas is already reading about legendary Pokémon as a kid. I suspect that experiencing them in person will be a different matter entirely. (Also, I just noticed the title of his book in the previous page, I laughed.)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Interlude! BABIES! Also congrats on getting nominated for best new run, you totally deserve it!

Kinetic Kimo

Trainer MIA
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her. Old-school girl words.
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Mom has some mad kitchen skillz.

Also, been following your comic for a while now, just now getting around to actually saying something. I love the expressiveness of your characters! It not only makes some of their reactions gloriously comedic, but I can gather a lot about each character's personality just in the way you portray their expressions. Keep up the excellent work :D

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Just binged all of the updates so far and this is a really cute read. Your artstyle is charming and I love the little quips Dawn has for everything Barry says. I also like how the randomizer is fit into the plot. Looking forward to more!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
sometimes things don't change with age

page 27 update!
---

Let the boy gain knowledge, Johanna.
yeah, MOM, you just don't get it

Did his mother just throw a knife.
hey, the mom's always been a contest star, right? ;)

I am with the commentor above; why is she throwing a knife!!!!!!!!!! ma'am that's dangerous!!!!!!!!!! you have a child!!!!
also, ma'am, you don't have to buy books!! you can go to a library where you can HAVE THE BOOKS FOR FREE FOR THREE WEEKS!!! no more book buying!!!! your son can have many many books!!! unless you have no surf pokemon. good luck getting to Canalave library by swimming. you'll get the books wet on the swim back.

I am also with Lucas; sometimes a book is just too good. don't put it down kid. keep trucking. become a reading prodigy.

EDIT: Okay I went back and reread the whole comic because I was searching for clues of what was going on and i found something interesting...

HMMMMMMM????WHAT'S THIS??????? A SPOOKY SKY THING????
I KNEW YOU WERE DROPPING SOME HINTS
WELL I'M STARTING TO PICK THEM UP
and they make me very happy!!
you're doing great my friend :)
LET THE MOM THROW KNIVES SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING!!! she always tosses knives up in the air ONLY when her child is at least three feet away from her, for one thing, so don't try and say she doesn't know anything about child and/or knife safety
with regards to the library i was gonna say that while writing that line of dialogue i completely forgot about the actual, literal library that exists but you know what? gonna stick by my guns. lucas' mom has been banned for reasons she refuses to explain.
and reading is fun! your findings are truly incredible, i wonder what it could all mean ;) and it makes me very happy that you're very happy!! :D

Like everybody else, apparently, I was also struck by Mom's impressive knife-tossing skills. At least I assume they must be impressive, since she has two whole hands haha. She reminds me of my mom re: encouraging her bookworm child, which is nice. I notice that Lucas is already reading about legendary Pokémon as a kid. I suspect that experiencing them in person will be a different matter entirely. (Also, I just noticed the title of his book in the previous page, I laughed.)
she's got a lot of practice! ;) i was going for the nice, encouraging mom, so that's really nice to hear as well! :D having bookworm habits encouraged is always a nice feeling
and yes! he's got pretty specific interests (and i'm happy my silly joke landed, haha)

What are you all talking about? Of course she's not throwing the knife.

She's psychic.
holy crap, it all makes sense now

Interlude! BABIES! Also congrats on getting nominated for best new run, you totally deserve it!
they're just little babies.... and thank you so much!! :D

Mom has some mad kitchen skillz.

Also, been following your comic for a while now, just now getting around to actually saying something. I love the expressiveness of your characters! It not only makes some of their reactions gloriously comedic, but I can gather a lot about each character's personality just in the way you portray their expressions. Keep up the excellent work :D
when she chose 'mom' as a class, she ended up specializing in kitchen skills
also thank you so much! it makes me so happy to hear that people are enjoying this silly comic of mine, and i'm hoping it'll continue to please! :D also happy to know my dumb facial expressions are working haha

Just binged all of the updates so far and this is a really cute read. Your artstyle is charming and I love the little quips Dawn has for everything Barry says. I also like how the randomizer is fit into the plot. Looking forward to more!
thank you so much!! :D i'm happy to hear it's got things going for it, haha
barry just Says Stuff and you know what dawn is Not Dealing with that
hope you'll like what's in store!

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Oh my goodness, she's still doing it

Her expression in the last panel cracked me up. I like how he's just begun to poke his fingers in the grass and that's enough. (At least she can fight hostile wild Pokémon off with her handy-dandy knife if need be...)

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
Barry what the HECK that time with Professor Rowan wasn't the first time you tried to do something so stupid?? Bruh you gonna get mauled by a bidoof. those things got mad sharp teeth.
also cats yelling about things? relatable. my cat's deaf and when she wakes up and finds herself alone she wanders through the house yelling at the top of her lungs until she finds someone. I wouldn't be surprised to hear her yelling about laundry too.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
My cat is pretty talkative when she wants attention, and she's the quietest of our four animals. (Granted, two of those animals are small dogs...)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Wow lady you need to stop juggling that big ol knife you're gonna lose your fingers

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
pick up the child and toss him like you tossed the knife

page 28 update!
---

She gotta stop tossing that knife holy shit
you can't fault a lady for loving her knife tossing!

Oh my goodness, she's still doing it

Her expression in the last panel cracked me up. I like how he's just begun to poke his fingers in the grass and that's enough. (At least she can fight hostile wild Pokémon off with her handy-dandy knife if need be...)
she can't be stopped

haha i'm glad my silly expressions are working as intended, at least! :D you can never be too careful with reckless kids and tall grass >:0
knife type pokemon when

Johanna is so focused on Barry that she fails to notice the knife still in the air, and...well...
😨😨😨

Breaking News! Mother's soul escapes body as neighbor child touches grass! More at 11.
twinleaf town is kinda boring, the local news has to work with what they can get

Barry what the HECK that time with Professor Rowan wasn't the first time you tried to do something so stupid?? Bruh you gonna get mauled by a bidoof. those things got mad sharp teeth.
also cats yelling about things? relatable. my cat's deaf and when she wakes up and finds herself alone she wanders through the house yelling at the top of her lungs until she finds someone. I wouldn't be surprised to hear her yelling about laundry too.
it certainly wasn't! barry is just a Fool.
also omg your cat sounds so cute..... 🥺 loud kitties..... 🥺🥺

My cat is pretty talkative when she wants attention, and she's the quietest of our four animals. (Granted, two of those animals are small dogs...)
that's so many pets!! you must have a very lively household, haha

Wow lady you need to stop juggling that big ol knife you're gonna lose your fingers
mothers have no fear, this is a known fact throughout the land

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
I mean, his logic adds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)