• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Spacial Rend - A Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Lucas, Dawn, and Barry travel around a weird Sinnoh.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Apparently that's what Barry's starter was randomized into.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
The best defense against a giant dragon of legend: stand behind the old man, he will protect you. Though, this is Rowan we're talking about, if anyone could scold the deities of spacetime to fall in line, it'd be him.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
well well well what do we have here

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
page 22 update!

---

Oh no Lucas, what do you see bud
what do your elf eyes see, lucas

I hope this is our first clue to finding out why everything's so weird.
ohoho, there's definitely a 'why', alright >:3c

Oh, crap.

Colors.
Get back, there's nothing more dangerous than COLOURS!

Can I ask, did you actually encounter palkia in your gameplay early on and this is how youre interpreting that event?
Apparently that's what Barry's starter was randomized into.
yep, barry's starter ended up being a palkia, which was Very Fun and Not At All a Terrifying Start! i even have a screenshot here lskdjfkdf

i will say that i didn't have "rival keeps starter" turned on, though

The best defense against a giant dragon of legend: stand behind the old man, he will protect you. Though, this is Rowan we're talking about, if anyone could scold the deities of spacetime to fall in line, it'd be him.
everyone knows the resident old man type is strong against dragon and water types! prof rowan is sort of op though, i hope he doesn't get a mega evolution :/

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Again??? What did the lad do last time??

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
What is happeniiiiiinngg

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Oh.

This is just like before.

I messed up again.
That's not at all ominous.

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
I've finally decided to check this run out, and OH GODS IT'S A PALKIA!!!

I am really enjoying this comic so far! The art is really cute, and I really like these characters(especially Dawn). It's cool seeing an MC who is mute, because it really makes Lucas stand out among other protagonists! All in all, I'm really looking forward to more!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Sorry for the missed updates! Unfortunately, my laptop got pretty messed up, and until I can get it properly repaired, I won't be able to update for the foreseeable future. I don't have an exact time of when I'll be able to start updating again, but fingers crossed it can be sooner rather than later! Sorry again, and thanks for reading 💖💖💖

Some quick comic-related doodles to accompany this post:

---

There is one thing, apparently.

SHAPES
oh god, not SHAPES! anything but the shapes!!

Again??? What did the lad do last time??
:3c

What is happeniiiiiinngg
>:3c

That's not at all ominous.
oh totally, not in the slightest! nothing less ominous than this!

I've finally decided to check this run out, and OH GODS IT'S A PALKIA!!!

I am really enjoying this comic so far! The art is really cute, and I really like these characters(especially Dawn). It's cool seeing an MC who is mute, because it really makes Lucas stand out among other protagonists! All in all, I'm really looking forward to more!
sdlkfjkdf thank you so much!! i'm really glad you're enjoying it, and i hope the comic can continue to please! :D
dawn seems to be quite popular so far... maybe i should look into the ethics of Protagonist Replacement(TM)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Awww! I'll miss this comic! Hope you can get it repaired soon

Woo

ᘛ⁐ᕐᐷ
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Normally quiet and calm, the taste of salt causes this Pokemon to go off-the-shits feral.
oh my gOD dawn is such a big mood, I didn't think I would end up relating so much to a character hgjhkl

This comic is a really fun approach to the randomizer aspect of the run! Palkia being up to Some Fuckshit is a cool in-universe explanation for some of the more wacky encounters that can occur, and overall the energy of this run is fun so far! Hoping that laptop repairs go smoothly for you when you're able to get them, it's always a bummer when technology just stops working on you.

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Well that's an interesting start . . .

Don't feel too bad about not keeping a regular update schedule. Just get back to it whenever you can and I'm sure your fans won't mind.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
wait do six year olds lose baby teeth. is that the age when that happens. do... six year olds... have all their teeth?

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
multi-page update! links lead to the first of the three
---

Awww! I'll miss this comic! Hope you can get it repaired soon
BACK AT IT AGAIN AT KRISPY KREME

oh my gOD dawn is such a big mood, I didn't think I would end up relating so much to a character hgjhkl

This comic is a really fun approach to the randomizer aspect of the run! Palkia being up to Some Fuckshit is a cool in-universe explanation for some of the more wacky encounters that can occur, and overall the energy of this run is fun so far! Hoping that laptop repairs go smoothly for you when you're able to get them, it's always a bummer when technology just stops working on you.
dawn was created in a lab to be the most relatable character possible, actually
anyway, this makes me so happy to hear!! read. whatever. ANYWAY thank you so much!! i'm personally v excited to get to even more of the Fuckshit myself :3c
i'm hoping it'll continue to be a good time!! :D

Now this? This is gold I just need to tell you that. I hope your laptop gets fixed soon, shit's a bummer.
skfjdlkfjd thank you so much!! i'm glad my attempts at comedy are succeeding :D
yeah tech should just be immortal can't believe we haven't figured that out yet smh

Well that's an interesting start . . .

Don't feel too bad about not keeping a regular update schedule. Just get back to it whenever you can and I'm sure your fans won't mind.
hoping the rest of it will be interesting, too ;)
and thank you!!
uhhhhh i'm??? i????? spacial rend?????? got nominated for best new comic???? hello???
too many words and not enough of them i aaaaaaAA. (also be sure to go vote for your favs!!)

god i'm just. like. blown away? i was so far from expecting a nomination but.... uhhh i just. ;o; thank you so much for the support... for the support of any kind, even if it's something as simple as just dropping in to check out the latest page because i LOVE AND APPRECIATE EVERY BIT SO MUCH!! just to have spacial rend up there with other such amazing nuzlockes is giving me the uwus but in a serious way i am very emotional and happy thank you so much

after a mindful reread, it's been made abundantly clear what i need to improve on (pacing, anyone?), so i'll keep doing my best to make a (hopefully) enjoyable comic! and maybe i'll add a critique tag so everyone can get in on the fun of shitting on this comic fjkdlkdjds

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Glad to see this back! "Faller"... whatever can this mean?

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
It's back! But you can't just have an intermission after the first chapter, shaking my head my head

What could they be doing?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I love the Intermission, It´s so adorable.
Everyone, please read the page after the Chapter One Cover, You´ll not regret it.

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
I love in one of the sketches the comparison of scarf lengths between Lucas and Barry. Barry is clearly superior, just take a closer look at that scarf

If I'm being honest now that I've gotten to this point of posting this I'm a little ashamed of myself for doing this. I'm sorry.

Loving this comic so far! Keep it up!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Woohooooooo, its back! So happy for your return!

As for your ganza nom, congratulations! Personally, I used to love nuzlocke comics, but for the past few months, Ive been bored of them. I felt like Id sorta "gotten the point" and I stopped seeking out new comics to read. That is, until I found this comic! This is the first nuzcomic in months thats gotten me excited, I get so giddy every time I check back for new updates. So thats why Spacial Rend got my nomination for best new comic. You really deserve it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)