• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Spacial Rend - A Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Lucas, Dawn, and Barry travel around a weird Sinnoh.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice

--Spacial Rend - A Pokemon Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke--

There's something strange going on in Sinnoh.
The sudden increase in activity from the enigmatic Team Galactic is one thing, but...
Where did all the Bidoof on Route 202 go!?
Wait. More importantly. What is Palkia doing in Twinleaf Town, of all places?

---

Hello hello, welcome to my first try at a nuzlocke run, in comic form! I don't have too much else to say other than thanks for checking this out, and I hope you'll stick with me as I run through a Randomized Platinum! Hope it'll be a fun time~

In-Universe/Lore Explanation
Okay so basically:
The displaced wild Pokemon may have no control over themselves, and Team Galactic's cruelty knows no bounds. Be careful with your own Pokemon, for they may very well breathe their last on this journey.If they faint, they die. (Perma-Boxed!)
It may be for the best to leave as many wild Pokemon be as you can, in case there's a way to send them back to where they belong.Only catch the first encounter on every Route. If they faint, there's no second chances! Gift Pokemon can be used freely.
Be friendly with any new Pokemon you catch. They are lost and confused... and kindness carries great strength.Nickname every catch.
If there is an obstacle you cannot overcome on your own, remember that you are not alone. Your friends are there to help.If an HM is needed, a different Pokemon can be caught and used solely for the HM.
damn, some of these places are big as hell LOLPinwheel Clause! Will be acknowledged as they come up (there's only like two instances but yeah).
  • Pokemon Base Statistics, Abilities, Types, Evolutions, Movesets: Unchanged​
  • Starter Pokemon: Random (Completely)​
  • Static Pokemon: Random (Completely)​
  • In-Game Trades: Randomize Both Requested and Given​
  • Trainer Pokemon: Random​
  • Wild Pokemon: Area 1-to-1 Mapping​
  • Field Items: Randomize​

---Table of Contents---

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I really love the look. It’s that laser focused “oh another kid” look that I feel in my soul. I have to wonder if they’ll even like each other at first, as kids do, but it does make me happy to see where these two already started off with a history as friends. The establishment is nice. Anyways, good luck on your first nuzcomic! I’ll be watching. Good luck, and happy nuzlocking!

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
six year old protags? how cute! i dont recall reading another nuzcomic based on a randomizer. XD this is gonna be weird

Mopruk

Measure twice, cut once.
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
1 ATK and 1 DEF. The weakest Pokemon, can only deal 1 damage.
This looks amazing so far!

"Absolutely Certain"

without a doubt (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Likes to make jokes. Whether or not this Pokemon's jokes are funny, the jokes are not funny.
fellow platinum randomizer... FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER... FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER YEAH YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

welcome aboard, what an interesting premise! i can't wait to see how this carries out!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
The art style is so adorable, and I can't wait to see how these two beans' friendship turns out. The hook of the run being randomized sounds pretty dope as well. I'll be watching this run!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OH DANG it's Update Time!

Tapas // Smackjeeves //
Tumblr

-----

I really love the look. It’s that laser focused “oh another kid” look that I feel in my soul. I have to wonder if they’ll even like each other at first, as kids do, but it does make me happy to see where these two already started off with a history as friends. The establishment is nice. Anyways, good luck on your first nuzcomic! I’ll be watching. Good luck, and happy nuzlocking!
aaaa thank you so much!! i had to work with kids a lot at summer camps so i was just really trying to capture that Energy.
yeah, i'm looking forward to exploring their childhood friendship and how it developed a little later on, hehe. thanks again!

six year old protags? how cute! i dont recall reading another nuzcomic based on a randomizer. XD this is gonna be weird
thank you!! and oh yeah, i'm gonna be milking randomizer gags dry in this run lmao

This looks amazing so far!
thank you so much! :D

fellow platinum randomizer... FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER... FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER FELLOW PLATINUM RANDOMIZER YEAH YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

welcome aboard, what an interesting premise! i can't wait to see how this carries out!
PLATINUM RANDOMIZER SQUAD!!! PLATINUM RANDOMIZER SQUAD!!!!
thank you so much, i hope you enjoy what's coming up! (i've been really enjoying your platinum randomizer run, too!)

The art style is so adorable, and I can't wait to see how these two beans' friendship turns out. The hook of the run being randomized sounds pretty dope as well. I'll be watching this run!
aaa thank you!! and i'm glad you like the artstyle, hehe.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Omg, look at this friendship bloom across the years! How wholesome! I LOVE IT!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Sinnoh best region, and now with a scrambled up twist! I love Lucas's Red Gyarados (go for it) shirt, And I'm happy to see this new comic going for it too! I'm interested to see how you frame the wackiness of a complete randomization into your story, I'm sure it'll throw a wrench in Rowan's pokedex plans at the very least!

critterlingz

hey im fish
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 10, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
???
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
ºo (-º ))) > ){
ah, this is already so charming ! im really excited to see how you spin the randomized aspect of it, and its great to see another sinnoh run!!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
update time! not too much happens in this page, but because i'm excited to get the ball rolling and my meat buffer is huge i've changed the update schedule for the nth time bc if i don't add on enough pressure for me to get pages done i'm gonna get nothing done slkjlkdfdkjh

---

Omg, look at this friendship bloom across the years! How wholesome! I LOVE IT!
I JUST LIKE WHEN ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE FRIENDS.... friendship Good.
and thank you!!

Sinnoh best region, and now with a scrambled up twist! I love Lucas's Red Gyarados (go for it) shirt, And I'm happy to see this new comic going for it too! I'm interested to see how you frame the wackiness of a complete randomization into your story, I'm sure it'll throw a wrench in Rowan's pokedex plans at the very least!
YES i love sinnoh so much... main reason i chose to do a platinum run
and thank you so much!! i'm hoping my framing device'll be fun to read when the time comes :0c the pokedex project may just have to take a backseat in the meanwhile...

ah, this is already so charming ! im really excited to see how you spin the randomized aspect of it, and its great to see another sinnoh run!!
thank you!! there's gonna be a lot of randomizer gags, i'll say that for sure
and hell yeah sinnoh squad!!

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
BARRY THAT IS A FUCKING POWER POSE. I cackled as soon as that last panel came in, the payoff on that was SO good.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
welcome to spacial rend, where there's bad visual gags everywhere

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
Page 6 update!​
---

BARRY THAT IS A FUCKING POWER POSE. I cackled as soon as that last panel came in, the payoff on that was SO good.
YES THANK YOU i'm glad it worked as intended!! he's just swoocin' right in

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
I'm really enjoying this so far! Your art style is super cute and I love your Barry and Lucas already. I'm excited for the start of the adventure, and the randomization, and Dawn, and... well, everything, really!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
lucas would've gone in for one last hug but he doesn't wanna be late and get fined

page 7 update!
---

I'm really enjoying this so far! Your art style is super cute and I love your Barry and Lucas already. I'm excited for the start of the adventure, and the randomization, and Dawn, and... well, everything, really!
i'm so happy to hear that :D!! thank you so much, i'm excited too! i wanna get to the PLOT

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
So Lucas is mute and communicates with sign language, I see. Interesting take on the 'silent protagonist.'

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
I was suspecting that Lucas might be nonverbal! Love to see him using sign language there. Also, only one panel and I love Dawn already. What a mood. (And is that an ultra wormhole up in the sky behind her???)

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I love these characters already; With their great designs, and how they cutely interact with each other so far.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
dawn is not immune to low-tier slapstick

page 8 update!

---

So Lucas is mute and communicates with sign language, I see. Interesting take on the 'silent protagonist.'
yep yep! and thank you!! :D

I was suspecting that Lucas might be nonverbal! Love to see him using sign language there. Also, only one panel and I love Dawn already. What a mood. (And is that an ultra wormhole up in the sky behind her???)
lucas is taking up the role of the protagonist, after all! and i'm glad you like her already! :D
(oh, something in the sky? i'm sure it's nothing :3c)

I love these characters already; With their great designs, and how they cutely interact with each other so far.
thank you!! that makes me super happy to hear :D

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh, OH MUTE PROTAGONIST? HELLA. God this was a treat to see so many pages after a long week. Your activity is amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)