• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke So in regards to lost save files...

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
If you did a bunch of encounters or lost some mons and then forgot to save after closing the game or it crashes, what would you do? And yeah, a recent thread here was about if this happened after the save (basically everything goes fin at first but after you forget to save the death happens and this is basically the reverse.)

For deaths? If someone died in a battle and then I lost the save, then I redo the battle and then treat the mon who died as dead, even if it didn’t faint in the battle after. Although sometimes it depends on how attached I am to it, it technically fainted fair and square during the original battle, so why would I not?

For first encounters? Sometimes I will try to get the encounter again if I feel like it, sometimes I’ll just get an entirely new encounter because I couldn’t be bothered to find

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
For the deaths, your Pokemon gets a second chance, but only if it can defeat the Pokemon that killed them.
For encounters, just get a new first encounter.

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
If I were to lose progress, I'd ignore the rules until I'm caught up to where I had been and try to replicate captures as far as species and ability. Gender too if I were documenting the run. Once I was caught up, anyone who died the first go around gets booted to their graveyards.

Though, replaying the segment as new, including going for new catches/deaths, is usually valid. I'd make an argument against it though if you were playing blind since now you have knowledge you didn't have.

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
(Note: My own opinion so take it with a grain of salt...)

Well, famously (or infamous) I lost my save during during the original Former Glory run and I had to attempt to retry my first catches again. The rules I used was:

1. The catches you got in original save file are the only ones you can try to get back. You don't want them? Then that areas is closed and move on.

2. Dead is dead, even in a faulty save. Learn and move on.

and 3. No matter what -- Use Game save function AND the Emulator's save function. Less heartache & headache that way.

$0.02.

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
I lost progress once in my Alpha Sapphire run. Part of the progress that was lost was the death of my Aggron. I shut off my game by mistake without saving. I counted the Aggron as dead anyways.

I plan on returning to my Yellow Dexlocke really soon. Part of the challenge is to catch the legendaries. Should any of the legendaries faint for whatever reason or I run out of Pokéballs then I will soft reset until I catch the legendary. Should any of my Pokémon die during the battle and I fail to catch the legendary, the dead Pokémon will still be considered dead after the soft reset and I will have to get rid of the fallen victim in a PC before resuming future attempts to catch the legendary.

Nenety

Comedy mold
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
I don't know if replying to this as someone who has yet to experience this happening is a good idea, or if I'm even allowed to do so, but I'm going to assume I can totally theorize what my thought process for such a situation is most likely going to be, at the very least...

If there were any deaths between the point I last saved and the crash (or accidental close of the game without saving), I think I'm just going to play normally until the point I was left at. Once I reach to that mon, though, any dead mon will go straight into the box, regardless of how much I actually liked them.

If there were any mon I caught, then I'm going to catch them again, and keep whatever changes they come with. If they're better or worse, that doesn't really matter (think of those exams you can do to buff yor grade; if you do them right, you get more points, but if you don't, you stick to the new result regardless).

As an extra, if I had items I used prior to the incident, but happened to avoid using on the replay, then I will throw them away (say, I used two potions, but now I used 0; I throw those two potions anyway).

I'm going to keep the link to this reply somewhere, just to remind me that this is what I'm going to do if such a situation ever happens to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)