• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Hoenn Teen Mon Shiro's Quest: A Nuzlocke Adventure in Hoenn

Thread Description
Latest update: August 9, 2020

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Welcome to the second arc of Shiro's saga! If you haven't read the first part, you can find it here: Shiro's Trial, a Nuzlocke Adventure in Kanto.

THE RULES:
1.: If a Pokémon faints, they are considered dead. Release them.
2.: Only the first encounter in any area may be caught. An "Area" is defined by a section of the map that has any 2 of these 3 traits: has a unique name, is separated by a transition/fade to black, has a significantly different encounter table. This rule does not come into effect until after pokéballs are obtained. Scripted/forced encounters may be skipped. Also: Dupes clause is for losers.
- 2.a.: Gift Pokémon do not count as encounters and therefore can be accepted freely (one per source).
- 2.b.: Shinies are fair game.
- 2.c.: In-game trades are permitted provided that I catch the requested pokémon as a first encounter.

If you've got questions for Shiro and the team, she has an Ask blog on Tumblr! Click here to ask!

THE COMIC
Part 00: Prologue
Part 01: A New Beginning

THE ART
Shiro Reference
Mewtwo Reference
Atlantis Reference: Mudkip|Marshtomp|Swampert

THE FANART
none yet ;)

Last edited:

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
violently shakes the moving van

IT'S HAPPENIIIIIIING!

Ok, time to grab my popcorn and enjoy the ride.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
For a Superpowered Psychic, Mewtwo isn't too bright

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
"You´ll figure something out"
Cut to Shiro never being contacted again and just being left alone with two terror organizations

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
HERE WE GO!

A brand new adventure begins, and it's not exactly on the brightest note. I'm sure hoping that Mewtwo actually figures things out.

Count me as one who is aboard the hype train!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Alright, here we go!
I love that, for all Mewtwo's power and abilities and schemes, he's still a child, haha. It's funny to see Shiro (rightfully) scold him for dumping her in a new place without any Pokemon. I wonder how the Littleroot folk will react to Shiro returning there. Consider me hyped!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.
omg good luck!!! aaaaaa it's happening

poor Mewtwo does not exactly think things through do they, it's almost like they could've brought along Shiro's champion team to help her fight the two people who want to summon the land titans. but no, just stranding her in Hoenn is clearly the best idea ;p

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Ay yiss this Hoenn journey is officially lit!
God speed on the comic and good luck on the run!

Any policy about egg hatching, Shiro?

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Big brain mewtwo with the big brain plans. Incredible forethought and planning, here. Exactly what I'd expect out of an overgrown housecat tbh. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she explains her presence in the moving van to the first people she sees in smalltown hoenn

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, time to grab my popcorn and enjoy the ride.
Buckle in, it's going to be one hell of a roller coaster.

For a Superpowered Psychic, Mewtwo isn't too bright
He's still got a lot to learn.

"You´ll figure something out"
Cut to Shiro never being contacted again and just being left alone with two terror organizations
Shiro only wishes he would disappear - reality is far more interesting.

HERE WE GO!

A brand new adventure begins, and it's not exactly on the brightest note. I'm sure hoping that Mewtwo actually figures things out.

Count me as one who is aboard the hype train!
Mewtwo and Shiro will figure things out together . . . or Shiro might just figure things out without his help.

Alright, here we go!
I love that, for all Mewtwo's power and abilities and schemes, he's still a child, haha. It's funny to see Shiro (rightfully) scold him for dumping her in a new place without any Pokemon. I wonder how the Littleroot folk will react to Shiro returning there. Consider me hyped!
Shiro lives with her mom in Kanto, but she visits Hoenn every couple of months when she can. Her showing up out of the blue is a regular occurrence.

omg good luck!!! aaaaaa it's happening

poor Mewtwo does not exactly think things through do they, it's almost like they could've brought along Shiro's champion team to help her fight the two people who want to summon the land titans. but no, just stranding her in Hoenn is clearly the best idea ;p
Give him a break - this is his first apocalypse.

Ay yiss this Hoenn journey is officially lit!
God speed on the comic and good luck on the run!

Any policy about egg hatching, Shiro?
Eggs are fair game, but I didn't use any in this run.

Big brain mewtwo with the big brain plans. Incredible forethought and planning, here. Exactly what I'd expect out of an overgrown housecat tbh. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she explains her presence in the moving van to the first people she sees in smalltown hoenn
Mewtwo has a big ego for a big baby.

UPDATE TIME!

A bit later than I intended, but I started a new job recently so my spare time is at a premium.

If you're in a hurry, don't ask a Slakoth for help.

(and if you're wondering how Shiro got in, Norman leaves a spare key buried behind the house.)

I was aiming for a weekly update schedule, but with my new job I don't know if that'll be possible. Still, I'll keep at it and update when I can. In the meantime, you can ask Shiro and the team some questions over yonder at her Ask Blog!

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Atlantis! What a cute name for a Mudkip : D

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Dutch gave an amazing effort opening the window, best Slakoth. And ooooooo, I was curious what starter Shiro would pick! Atlantis is a very fitting name, this guy already looks so cute.

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
Oh man, I am so excited for this run! After the Kanto comic ended, I've been waiting in anticipation for more of Shiro's journey!

As a fellow Emerald Mudkip user, I wish you luck in what's to be Shiro's greatest trial yet!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Gasp, oh man, I didn't realize there was a new thread up on the forums from you (though I saw the first comic on DA apparently XD

Love that Shiro's just like: welp, I gotta do a thing now, so I'ma do that thing and I'ma figure some shit out. I love that we're basically in her home town region, so it'll be interesting to see how she interacts with some characters!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Haha! Dutch reminds me of Flash from Zootopia

once a week might be too much work
how about biweekly?

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
You fool, now I can break into Norman's house whenever I want! A supply of falsely obtained Balance Badges will flood the black market! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Atlantis is adorable and I will love him forever

moonfly

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 25, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Has never heard of a work schedule, so either writes three chapters in a day or one in three weeks. Invite to a DnD game to instantly befriend.
Yay, Mudkip!
I also love how Dutch only talks in one character every two spaces.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
It's Atlantis time!

Dutch is cute. Almost reminds me of my cats with how they're chilling by the window.

Is that a poster of the Bell Tower?! Took me a couple reads to notice that.

The good stuff continues!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)