• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

Thread Description
All that glitters is goooooooold

Feymark

Gay Rights!!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him/They
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Warriormale wishes he loved men as much as Feymark. Also, he wishes he could draw them like Feymark.

Managed to hatch a shiny Salandit while breeding for perfect dads! It wasn't even Masuda Method!

I've been trying to get 6IV male parents from every egg group and I'm nearly done, but using Pokemon with biased gender ratios REALLY helped. I learned my lesson after 5 perfect female Feebas and 300+ Feebas eggs.

Thankfully I was able to evolve the male Salandit into Salazzle through The Trans Rights glitch so... Trans Rights!!

Feymark

Gay Rights!!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him/They
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Warriormale wishes he loved men as much as Feymark. Also, he wishes he could draw them like Feymark.
OK SO??? DOUBLEPOST BUT????

I joined a random Grimmsnarl raid at the bottom of the list, on a whim, because I don't ever really have good lucky joining 5 star raids (or even 3 and 4) without the room already being closed. But TO MY SURPRISE I made it into a Grimmsnarl raid!! And to EVEN MORE of a FUDGIN' SURPRISE you wouldn't believe my EYES when I saw THIS-

I started going FERAL because I knew catch odds would be extremely low for a matching Premier ball, and I'm gay. So like. It NEEDED to match. I agonized and used my Masterball, which ends up being PERFECT because it fits the Look™. Had to name him Waluigi because of the white M in Masterball (@Pika once pointed out that the M was on there for "Masterball" when it should be set to W for "Waluigi Wumbo").

Our story comes full circle because I used Salazzle to beat Grimmsnarl.

So like they're both gay... and you know. Gay Rights!!!

Last edited:

Feymark

Gay Rights!!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him/They
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
HEY UH???
YEAH UHH???? TRIPLE POST BUT UH??? How often do people get to post here? Who knows, odds aren't high for posts here and I Fulfilled The Conditions.

I'm so SHOOK y'all... like. Jeez. 3 in one week ok you must be getting Tired't of me. My BF got a shiny Eevee yesterday too so...
It's that Year of the Rat energy

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
(And they’re all purple, too! That’s awesome, congrats!)

Tsugumi Hazawa

Ordinary but Hardworking
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Haneoka High School (IRL: Makassar, Indonesia)
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
Character: She/Her, IRL: He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
Can't really say it up so much. The first real, legimate shiny ever I got in Pokemon is a Gulpin.
While playing Pokemon Ruby (not nuzlocke). That was back when I played Pokemon without much knowledge
I feel like something was wrong with it's blue coloring. But now I know it, it just feels like a treasured moment.
And I also end up getting a shiny Snivy while on the way of repeatedly soft resetting for a good starter.
I also missed a shiny Pidove on Black 2 (also not nuzlocke). D'oh! These are my three full odd shiny Pokemon i have seen so far.

SimplyUnknown

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Ok, so I decided I wanted to try for a balanced Shiny Team for breeding in my main Pokemon Shield game because I never really do that and I thought it would be fun to do while I finish my blog. So I currently have 4 shinies and I have plans for at least 3 more. Ironically, all of them are likely to be male.

First up was a Pokemon not for battling purposes, but because Vulpix and Ninetales are my favorite Pokemon. I ended up with a male despite Vulpix having a higher chance of being female, which was kind of neat. I named him Kit.

Next up was the Charmander line because Shiny Charizard looks amazing and this is when I really started getting into the idea of a balanced team. I headcannon Kit as being really strong, but uninterested in battling. Named this fella Romulus or Rom for short.

Third was a member of the Ralts line though I wasn't sure whether I wanted a Gallade or a Gardevoir. Both have excellent shinies. Eventually, even though I got a male Ralts, I went with Gardevoir because I got lucky enough to get a shiny Ralts with a Modest nature. I named him Cobalt for his blue coloring.

And finally, after so many eggs that I honestly lost count, I got my current shiny Axew named Caesar. I went with Haxorus because pure Dragon can be useful and I love the shiny coloring for this Pokemon. Ironically, he's currently the highest level shiny I have since I had to get him to level 48 in order to evolve him. Doubt that Rom's happy about that.

So that's all the shinies I have for my team so far. I'm planning on getting shiny Venusaur and Blastoise once the DLC comes out, so I'm thinking about going for a shiny Umbreon next. See you all once I find it, and good luck on your own shiny hunts!

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
Is there any reason you're holding off for the DLC to do Venusaur and Blastoise? Both are already compatible with the base game (the Kanto starters and the Alola starters are the only breedable Pokemon that are compatible while not being in the dex), so if you traded them in through Home (or through trading with someone else who already has them in Gen 8) you could get onto them straight away!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
I've been playing pokemon since HGSS, but the I've never encountered a shiny (other than the Red Gyarados) until Pokemon X. I was training at night in the Route 14 swamp near Laverre city when I came across Stunfisk with blue spots! I was super surprised since I was half-convinced that Shinies happens to everyone but me at that point. I caught it and used it for the rest of my playthrough. I think that was before I had Pokemon Bank, so I couldn't keep it if I want to start a new game after completing everything. I bid a sad farewell and wondertraded it off to keep it alive from the file deletion.

Many years later, in Ultra Moon in an Ultra Wormhole, I found another shiny Stunfisk in the water like it's waiting for me. I like to think that it's my old pokemon, journeying across time and space to find me again :D

Another shiny that thankfully appeared when I got Pokemon Bank is... Shiny Graveler in a random horde encounter. Named him Nugget.

SOS Chaining in Pokemon Sun (so easy if you have the right mons and some patience):
-Oricorio
-Cutiefly
-Cottonee
-Sandygast
-Pichu
-Salandit
-Stufful
-Rowlet (did the Magikarp hatching method)
-Chansey (Was training through the SOS on Poni island. Did not expect a shiny to jump out although I should have known)
-Zorua (in Ultra Moon.)

Let's go Pikachu
-Ponyta (my eyes hurt after that XD). Named her Bluebell. Still debating whether I should evolve her or not...
-Zubat (still on that 30-combo after catching that ponyta when I went somewhere else and just ran into a shiny in a cave!)
-Pikachu (I was hunting for shiny Bulbasaur in the Viridian forest, but hey, any shiny would be welcome)

HeartGold
-Soft-Resetted for a starter. Got myself a Shiny Cyndaquil named Russet that I started a Nuzlocke with! Still playing that game but it's been a while.
-Gyarados

Pokemon Sword
-Training in Galar mine no.2. Turned away for a second only to realize I fainted a shiny Scraggy. I spent a loooong time in the cave to reclaim it after ~500 more encounters.

...And a lot of wonder trade shinies.

SimplyUnknown

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Is there any reason you're holding off for the DLC to do Venusaur and Blastoise? Both are already compatible with the base game (the Kanto starters and the Alola starters are the only breedable Pokemon that are compatible while not being in the dex), so if you traded them in through Home (or through trading with someone else who already has them in Gen 8) you could get onto them straight away!
True, but this is mainly a project to do while I finish up my Pokemon Shield blog before I start on my nuzlocke, so the DLC wait will give me time to focus on my writing rather than shiny hunting, which can be time consuming. I also do not have Pokemon Home so that's out. Maybe I'll get lucky with getting Wondertraded a Bulbasuar or Squirtle line, but I'm fine with waiting until the DLC comes out.

SimplyUnknown

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry

So about that Shiny Eevee I was hunting for...got him about 2 minutes ago! And he has amazing IVs too so I think the universe just said 'Happy Valentines Day!' I named him Anubis because Shiny Umbreon really gives me an egyptian god vibe.

God he's going to look so cool. Time to bike around with a Soothe bell until he evolves!

SimplyUnknown

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Sorry I'm showing up here again, but you'll never guess what just happened! I was doing some online Raid Battles for more Exp candies and I clicked on a random Arcanine battle. Figured I'd fight and let it go once we won.

Turns out she's a shiny! I named her Sunny and boy am I glad for Repeat balls because they make capturing Raid Pokemon so much easier. She's beautiful and my first female Shiny here so I am very happy! Thank you nice trainer who didn't lock their raid battle!

Edit:
And then I get wondertraded a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur so I decide to shiny hunt because why not. And Guess who shows up on the ninth egg?

Hunting for Bulbasaur now, but I now have Shiny Squirtle. God, what is my luck?!

Last edited:

SimplyUnknown

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry

...Yeah. I got my shiny Bulbasaur. Named him Faunus. Second to last egg of the night. I am shocked.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Oh boy shiny pokemon huh. I've never found one in a proper nuzlocke, but I've gotten quite a bit of hacked ones over wonder trade. Lemme f l e x on yall with my full box of boyos

Edit: Whoops I forgot to add in my Minun and Sandshrew from Pokemon GO. will be transferring them to Home when i get enough money Gen 8 adds in the rest of the dex.

YEEEEEEEEESS - Found in ???, X. My first shiny, that I ironically do not remember catching. I assume i was super happy at captureing a shiny pokemon that attempts to run at the first chance it can.
Pistachio - Found in Mt. Lanakiwa, Sun. The first shiny pokemon that I actually remember catching in a main line game, that isnt the lake of rage gyarados.

Minun - Found in Censored, America. I remember just chillin in my house when this mouse shows up. Ironically the first shiny pokemon ive caught
Sandshrew - Found in
Censored, America. At the store when this dude shows up and steals my balls

Taffy, Quagsire - Found in Ultra Space, U. Moon. I now have two shiny quagsires. what am i supposed to do with 2 shiny quagsires. i never want to run into another shiny quagsire ever again.

Razz Berry - Found in Ultra Space, U. Moon. Love the shade of scarlet on this dude.

Carrot Cake - Found in Ultra Space, U. Moon. Haha get it because it's color scheme is kinda like a carrot

Bannana - Found in Ultra Space, U. Moon. My newest one. caught in a repeat ball because dusk balls dont work in ultra space battles

Ursaring - Link Trade in H. Gold. My first owned (non gyarados) shiny. I have no clue who i got this from. . It also has pokerus, which i originally thought was the reason for the color.
Cerapendra - Wonder Traded in Moon. I used this big boy in my playthrough. Scolipede is actually pretty good.
Eevee - Wonder Traded in U. Moon. A timid nature, which Im sure is good for at least one -eon build. what should this dude evolve into?
Abomasnow - GTS in U. Moon.
S o u l - GTS in U. Moon. Cant remember what I traded for it, but I do remember that I was trying to fill my dex up. It has the generic spread out Latin letters found in the JP keyboard.

Redragon, Gyarados, R4D1C4L, Karkat - Found in H. Gold, Crystal. YEAH. the latter 2 are found in crystal, while Redragon (My first shiny) was in heart gold. I think im using the non nicknamed one in Soul Silver as an HM user.
Rayquaza - Event in A. Sapphire. Ironically, I was able to get this before the Delta Episode, so I managed to capture that rayquaza in a repeat ball.
Dialga - Event in Black. gotten last year using DNS exploits
Palkia - Event in Black. gotten last year using DNS exploits
Giratina - Event in Black. gotten last year using DNS exploits
Larvitar - Event in Black. gotten last year using DNS exploits. Haven't gotten around to turning this dude into a tyranitar yet. maybe soon(TM)

Im not gonna dignify these dudes with a sprite because 1) theyre hacked in probably 2) im getting tired of downloading sprites and models, uploading them to the image hosting site i use, and then pasting the links here.

Groudon
Manaphy
Rayquaza
Mew
Darkrai
Buzzwole
Greninja
Clefable
Heatran
Dialga

Total: 33

Last edited:

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Oh yeah I just remembered something in Pokemon Go where a Shiny took me by surprise.

It wasn't community day. I was completing field research and by the end of the week, earned an encounter.

It wasn't from shiny hunting or a raid battle either, and field research pokemon change all the time so I could have gotten anything. But...

I nearly dropped my phone.

Blackstarlight17

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Has no concrete sleep schedule and is often covered in cats. If found sleeping and is needed, just smack her with a bag of frozen milky way bars.
After 3518 resets, I finally got a shiny Torchic in AlphaSapphire. He's timid and likes to sleep but I love him.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Holy shit. I just got a Shiny Arctozolt after a mere 530 fossil restores. I was fully expecting to go over odds since the Shiny Charm doesn't work on gift Pokemon, so to get it so early was quite a shock. I even picked up a turbo controller to make things go faster. I could have sworn I did more since I was counting by batch (100 each time) using an app I didn't have it open at the time, but this was only my sixth batch. Now I'm energized to go back to hunting for a pair of Granny Smith Applin (I already have an Appletun via a raid, so I need Applin and Flapple) since it was being incredibly stubborn.

Season

Formally known as White Chaos.
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is the Unovan regional form of the Pokémon White Chaos, shrugging the Dark/Psychic typing in favor of a Grass/Poison persona.
Found this little guy when grinding a Zubat for my Sun Factionlocke. Super stoked about it since he had Roar and decided to stay in the ball Turn 1.

AnomalousReadings

MissingNo.
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 21, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
???
I have a variety of shinies, most of them obtained back in gen 6 when Wonder Trade Wednesday was a thing & people gave out hacked shinies like candy lol
I do have legit ones though (mostly thru Friend Safari or Events), my first one was the Red Gyarados in Soulsilver..& as for random encounters my first was a West Gastrodon in Platinum I named Shortcake. I did actually catch a randomly encountered shiny Camelrupt in a *cough* emulator *cough* but that save file is long gone (rest in peace Everest)

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
So ever since my previous post on this thread (a shiny Graveler, which incidentally is now gone because I lost the save file), I've actually obtained two more shinies! One was Derrick, a shiny Duosion in Pokemon White, which I even took to the end of the game as pictured below:

The other one I actually got during the first round of the Nuzlocke World Cup, but was unable to use it due to the rules of said event. Behold Suzzane, the shiny Rattata!

TheMgr

I am bad at this.
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 11, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
The one Shiny I have obtained is a shiny Poochyena I got in Omega Ruby on Route 101. It currently lives in Pokebank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)