• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

Thread Description
All that glitters is goooooooold

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Have you ever found a shiny Pokemon, whether through a Nuzlocke or a regular playthrough? Boast about your collection here, like me!

C. Leo the Walrein: Level 45. Female.
Lonely nature. Ice Body.
Knows Aurora Beam, Hail, Surf, and Ice Fang.
Caught at Undella Bay in Pokemon Black 2 during a friend's art exhibit.
My first Shiny Pokemon, my first random encounter shiny, and my first shiny encounter outside of Gen. 6.

Paige the Drapion: Level 45. Female.
Adamant nature. Battle Armor.
Knows Hone Claws, Toxic Spikes, Night Slash, and False Swipe.
Caught at Route 19 in Pokemon Y.
My first Shiny caught in X and Y.

Yae the Pelipper: Level 41. Female.
Timid nature. Keen Eye.
Knows Quick Attack, Surf, Supersonic, and Fly.
Caught as a Wingull in a Horde Battle at Azure Bay in Pokemon Y. The HM slave of my Wonderlocke.
My first shiny caught in a horde battle.

Cameron the Camerupt: Level 30. Male.
Jolly nature. Solid Rock.
Knows Amnesia, Lava Plume, Earth Power, and Curse.
Caught at the Friend Safari during church.
My first shiny caught at the Friend Safari.

Toshiro the Abomasnow: Level 40. Male.
Gentle nature. Snow Warning.
Knows Wood Hammer, Ingrain, Ice Beam, and Ice Shard.
Caught as a Snover at the Friend Safari.

Luke the Lucario: Level 40. Male.
Quiet nature. Inner Focus.
Knows Brick Break, Copycat, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze.
Caught as a Riolu at the Friend Safari.

Hathaway the Cinccino: Level 30. Female.
Relaxed nature. Technician.
Knows Swift, Song, Tail Slap, and Charm.
Caught as a Minccino at the Friend Safari.

Fluffy the Gigalith: Level 30. Male.
Modest nature. Sturdy.
Knows Iron Defense, Smack Down, Power Gem, and Rock Slide.
Caught as a Boldore at the Friend Safari.

Chip the Emolga: Level 30. Male.
Calm nature. Static.
Knows Double Team, Shock Wave, Electro Ball, and Acrobatics.
Caught at the Friend Safari. (Why yes, there is a trend here...)

Midna the Sableye: Level 30. Female.
Careful nature. Prankster.
Knows Fake Out, Detect, Shadow Sneak, and Knock Off.
Caught at the Friend Safari.

Kuni the Gourgeist: Level 30. Female.
Brave nature. Insomnia.
Knows Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed, and Shadow Sneak.
Caught as a Pumpkaboo at the Friend Safari.

King the Empoleon: Level 36. Male.
Adamant nature. Torrent.
Knows Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Metal Claw, and Waterfall.
Hatched as a Piplup in Lumiose City.
My first Shiny that I breeded for.

Elsa the Froslass: Level 30. Female.
Careful nature. Snow Cloak.
Knows Ice Beam, Headbutt, Thunderbolt, and Ice Fang.
Caught as a Snorunt at the Friend Safari.

Mr. Freeze the Glalie: Level 42. Male.
Modest nature. Ice Body.
Knows Ice Beam, Headbutt, Ice Shard, and Dark Pulse.
Also caught as a Snorunt at the Friend Safari.

Camo the Zoroark: Level 30. Male.
Modest nature. Illusion.
Knows Flamethrower, Leer, Grass Knot, and Dark Pulse.
Hatched as a Zorua at Lumiose City.

"SKYNET" THE METAGROSS: Level 69.
Gentle nature. Clear Body.
Knows Brick Break, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, and Earthquake.
Obtained as a Beldum for purchasing Alpha Sapphire early.
My first event shiny and my first Shiny to join the Hall of Fame. Joined the Hall of Fame during my first-ever playthrough of Alpha Sapphire.

Farrah the Heracross: Level 2. Female.
Hasty nature. Swarm.
Knows Earthquake, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, and Megahorn.
Hatched at Lumiose City.

Sean the Seviper: Level 30. Male.
Hasty nature. Shed Skin.
Knows Venoshock, Glare, Poison Fang, and Venom Drench.
Caught at the Friend Safari.

Havoc the Mow-Rotom: Level 12.
Modest nature. Levitate.
Knows Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Confuse Ray, and Leaf Storm.
Hatched at Lumiose City during a Pre-Calculus class.

Snipe the Heatmor: Level 7. Female.
Adamant nature. Gluttony.
Knows Hone Claws, Tackle, Incinerate, and Lick.
Hatched at Lumiose City during a trip to Best Buy.

Paarthurnax the Druddigon: Level 73. Male.
Bold nature. Rough Skin.
Knows Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rain Dance, and Earthquake.
Caught at Victory Road while I was grinding for the Elite 4.
Joined the Hall of Fame during a Nuzlocke of Pokemon X. My first Shiny to join the Hall of Fame in a Nuzlocke.

Jade the Haxorus: Level 52. Female.
Careful nature. Rivalry.
Knows Earthquake, X-Scissor, Brick Break, and Dragon Claw.
Caught as a Fraxure at the Friend Safari during an AP English class (last one, I promise).

RUBY THE GYARADOS: Level 30. Female.
Bashful nature. Intimidate.
Knows Bite, Dragon Rage, Leer, and Twister.
Caught at the Lake of Rage.
Yeah, it's an obligatory Shiny, but it still looks cool imo.

Cyrano the Crobat: Level 39. Male.
Brave nature. Inner Focus.
Knows Bite, Confuse Ray, Cross Poison, and Acrobatics.
Caught as a Zubat in a Horde Encounter at Meteor Falls.
My first Shiny Pokemon caught in ORAS.

Wenceslas the Masquerain: Level 23. Male.
Jolly nature. Intimidate.
Knows Shadow Ball, Bubble Beam, Sweet Scent, and Ice Beam.
Caught as a Surskit during a DexNav hunt for a Shiny Poochyena at Route 102.
Technically the first Shiny Pokemon I caught via DexNav.

Danzo the Greninja: Level 50. Male.
Naive nature. Protean.
Knows Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Surf, and Ice Beam.
Hatched as a Froakie at Lumiose City.

O'Donnell the Mightyena: Level 46. Male.
Mild nature. Intimidate.
Knows Play Rough, Dig, Crunch, and Scary Face.
Caught as a Poochyena during a DexNav hunt for a Shiny Poochyena at Route 102.
The first Shiny Pokemon I caught via DexNav that I was actually looking for.

Allison the Altaria: Level 40. Female.
Bold nature. Natural Cure.
Knows Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, and Dazzling Gleam.
Caught as a Swablu in a Horde Encounter in Route 115.

Neon the Umbreon: Level 40. Male.
Lonely nature. Synchronize.
Knows Moonlight, Confuse Ray, Bite, and Covet.
Caught as an Eevee during a DexNav hunt for a Shiny Eevee at Route 116.
The only DexNav hunt where the only Shiny Pokemon I found was the one I wanted.

Zoidberg the Clawitzer: Level 40. Male.
Naughty nature. Mega Launcher.
Knows Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Surf, and Ice Beam.
Caught as a Clauncher during a chain-fishing hunt at Ambrette Town.
The first Shiny Pokemon I caught via chain-fishing.

Jawbreaker the Sharpedo: Level 39. Female.
Bashful nature. Rough Skin.
Knows Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch, and Earthquake.
Caught as a Carvanha during a chain-fishing hunt at Route 118.

Cassie the Ninetales: Level 43. Female.
Sassy nature. Flash Fire.
Knows Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, and Extrasensory.
Caught as a Vulpix during an unsuccessful DexNav hunt for a Shiny Bronzor at Mt. Pyre.

Bradley the Nidoking: Level 47. Male.
Bashful nature. Rivalry.
Knows Poison Jab, Rock Tomb, Earthquake, and Brick Break.
Caught as a Nidoran during a Horde Encounter at Route 11.

Pelistorm the Pelipper: Level 39. Female.
Gentle nature. Keen Eye.
Knows Surf, Ice Beam, Fly, and Roost.
Caught as a Wingull during an unsuccessful DexNav hunt for a Shiny Bronzor at Mt. Pyre.
Pelipper is the only Pokemon where I have caught more than 1 Shiny version of that Pokemon.

"Mondo" the Lunatone: Level 86.
Sassy nature. Levitate.
Knows Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.
Received during a Wonder Trade. Cloned? Almost certainly, but...
Joined the Hall of Fame with the 2 other members of the Beta team that lived. For that, he's valid in my eyes.
filler hahahahahahahahahahaha

Of the bunch, my favorite shinies are
- C. Leo and Paige (for being amongst the first Shinies I caught and for looking awesome)
- Midna and Kuni (for being able to catch them without using my regular means of catching)
- King (for being my first breeding project and being one of my favorite starter pokemon)
- Havoc and Danzo (for being Modest and having Protean respectively, meaning they could be formidable if I ever actually cared about competitive battling)
- Paarthurnax (for being out of nowhere and helping my Nuzlocke team beat X)
- O'Donnell and Neon (for being my only successful DexNav hunts
- Mondo (for being one of three survivors of a baaaaaad run at the Elite 4)
- Jawbreaker (I really like the nickname).

And yes, some of my Shinies need a better movepool.

Last edited:

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
Well I have done more than a few idle plays of Soul Silver and Black 1 with a shiny cheat on....

Okay but legit ones... !

My first ever shiny was definitely in Soul Silver... and it's not The One That Doesn't Count |D It was either the Sudowoodo that blocks the path, or a Weedle- I'm pretty sure Sudowoodo was the first and Weedle was second, but it's been so long, I don't remember the order any more for sure, and sadly, I think they've both been lost to time :c I later found a shiny Rapidash on Mt. Silver some time later... got a shiny Golett and Audino in White 2, and I can't recall encountering any natural shinies in gen 6 or up in my plays yet.

As for Nuzlockes? Well... a replay of White 2 just a couple months ago was my first genuine attempt at a nuzlocke, and I had set the shiny clause, bc. Duh |D I'd passed taking any catches from the earliest routes bc I... honestly I just didn't like any of them and had no desire to use them |D Until I was level grinding just outside of Virbank, and
Fuckin shiny Sewaddle. So my first catch of that locke was a shiny lil leaf bug xD

Despite having a 1, or possibly even straight zero in attack IV, Dazzle remained on the team through the entirety of the gyms, and was in fact the one who dealt the finishing blow to Marlon's Jellicent for the final badge :D He was retired for a little while, but after working things over, I had spare slots going into the endgame so he managed to make it into the Hall of Fame; and in fact kind of just became the 'starter' after a nasty incident in Nimbasa took my actual starter out of commission...

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Of course we don't include those guaranteed Shines some games/hacks gave us for whatever reason? Right? Right. Good.

Funnily enough, I got my first Shiny in my first Nuzlocke ever. In vanilla Fire Red (it was.. translated to my mother language however, but besides that it was untouched by any randomizer), my first encounter was a Shiny Geodude. I carried him almost half-game, but since I couldn't evolve him... well, poor Simon went to box but he survived at least!
Second Shiny was from Randomized Platinum, and it was Shiny Rotom. I don't remember where I catched them, but on that route randomizer threw Palka and some other Legends, so. But Shiny Rotom very pretty tho.
Oh and the least but not last, Shiny Snorunt that I catched in Randomized Black! Little dude just appeared RIGHT AFTER I stressed myself over catching Deino (with Dragon Rage) on route 2, and he sure was one of most my useful 'mons.

I'm pretty sure it's all, I would remember having more Shinies uh.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I’ve caught... a lot of shiny Pokémon, both in regular gameplay and Nuzlockes. I guess I’ll go over the Nuzlocke ones because there aren’t as many of those?

-Shiny Geodude in Platinum was my first Nuzlocke Shiny! His name is Zircon, and he’s chill. I used him for a while before he retired around gym 8
-I caught a shiny Gumshoos and a shiny Crabrawler during an alphabetlocke of Ultra Sun, but I never used either of them because alphabetlocke. That was a really fun playthrough, though.. and speaking of ultra sun
-I got a shiny Ariados in my most recent Nuzlocke of ultra sun, though it came pretty late so I never used it
-So, ah, funny story. That platinum save I mentioned, from when I got Shiny Geodude? The cart was having issues with crashing, so I ultimately stopped playing the game shortly after gym 8, and only picked it up recently. I wanted some leftovers for a new teammate, and I decided to try searching for munchlax to steal some.
I didn’t find Munchlax.
I found a shiny female Combee.

Purpl

Fake vintage TV for sale
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon usually stays in his natural habitat thinking about things, but never taking action.
I usually don’t add shinies to my team because I either get them in the late/post game, or they’re really terrible, but I did however use one in a playthrough of silver on virtual console.

I was only using Pokémon from Dark Cave, so I already had a really terrible team consisting of dunsparce, zubat (mvp for obvious reasons), shuckle (no STAB), krabby, and goldeen. I was in Mt. Mortar and lo and behold, shiny 5% Seaking! After freaking out because I only had a total of three pokeballs, I actually caught it and immediately put it on my team.

Okay great. Not only did I already have a trash team, but now half of my team are water types, not to mention two are the same species.

That was a great playthrough though. Seeing Red get obliterated by two fish, a bat, a crab, a turtle, and a deformed snake with wings was really fun.

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
No shinies in Nuzlockes yet (I've done 4 so far), outside of the guaranteed Red Gyarados in HG, but I didn't use that, at least partially because I was using an "extended" Dupes Clause for story reasons and I was hesitant to have my protag use a duplicate despite it being shiny.

As for shinies elsewhere, I've had a number over the years, but only a couple stood out. My first was a shiny Onix in my first-ever run of Gold. Later, during my first run of Platinum, I notably found and caught a shiny Dusclops as like my first or second encounter in the Sendoff Spring right after getting out of the Distortion World. That was a pretty cool coincidence.

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Going to just limit this to nuzlocke shinies since if I listed every single one otherwise I'd be here a while. (I RNG abused in pearl back during 2009-2011 and got a LOT of shinies through the tap strat)
~ Bell, Sun (egglocke), HoF
Already talked about her in the HoF thread for the most part. Name was because I was playing pit people and one of my units was named bell so I was like "why not I'll just name the shiny wooper that." I admit I like shiny wooper better than shiny quagsire but sadly eviolite wooper isn't that good in-game.
~ Prince Zote, Y (horde encounter), Died to lysandre's gyarados
I feel like naming this guy after zote was a bad omen because triple outrage crit from Lysandre's mega Gyarados help.
~Psychosis, Silver (normal encounter), HoF
Grindy shinies are the best aren't they. Didn't do much special beyond being a solid psychic-type.
~ THE MASTER, Pearl (regular encounter), Encountered too late to be added onto the team
Strange thing to encounter during the E4 grinding. Sadly that run already had a confirmed normal type in Blissey so she just had to sit in the box until I got her into ultra sun.
~ Phosphorus, Sun (regular encounter), Died to hau's dartrix.
Imagine my shock when this was actually female. At first I was salty about the death but the rest of the run turned out absurdly well so I guess that balances out.
~ Vladimir, Moon (regular encounter), Died to totem MImikyu
Pretty funny to find this guy as my first gen VII shiny. (this was my launch-week blind run of the game). Even funner? Adamant nature. Still not exactly good but he still has a rather odd place in my heart. Shame the run wiped to totem mimikyu due to my team being poorly equipped to handle it.

~ Pancake, Y (regular encounter), Died to Malva's chandelure
You can barely see it here but good thing I saw the sparkles in-game! This team was absurdly slow in general so all it took was some confusion hax to wipe us out.
~ Token, Y (regular encounter), Died to I forget this run was a looong time ago
As I said, this was a looong time ago. I do remember this being a failed run though.
Using TPDP sprites for these since I can't be arsed to find shiny sprites for them
~ Wuud, Purple (regular encounter), HoF
Meteos naming theme. Shoutouts to taking two waterfalls off something with 125 attack and KO'ing back with neutral signal beam. Wasn't expecting that but hilarious nonetheless.
~ Ball of Tar, Zeta's 1.8 (regular encounter), HoF
Binding of isaac item theme. First time using yamame at all since she's very rare to find in 1.8 (10% encounter in one spot). Pretty good despite using what I'm assuming is her worst form with her technical form.
~ Zombi, Ordinary verison (regular encounter), Died to Lance's Eiki
Literally went from pre-gym 1 and died to the final enemy attack of the game. Would have loved to put zombi into the HoF but I got too greedy and bit a super-effective thunder for my trouble.
~ Sunnymilk, Touhoumon tweaked (Beta testing run), HoF
That's a Sunny, not Daiyousei. Pretty generic fire type since I don't think I had the fairy type added into that version of tweaked yet.
I believe that should be all of the ones I've seen in nuzlockes barring romhacks that I can't find sprite sources for. I think the luckiest streak I had was hitting 3 during a single grinding session in pokemon flora sky (meditite, blitzle, and vulpix) though I think that run sadly got abandoned.

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
Here's a complete record of every shiny I have found as of this post!

estralita

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Ooh, one time in Black 2,I spent a while soft resetting, trying to get a female Oshawott. No luck. I was getting bored and impatient, so finally started the game with a male Oshawott. Started the rival battle... and wondered why my starter looked weird before the penny dropped. The biggest mistake I made was going for a Wedlocke at this point, instead of a regular run. Made it all the way to the seventh gym before wiping to the leader because of Wedlocke restrictions. And so ends one of the few times I used a shiny in a nuzlocke.

Woo

ᘛ⁐ᕐᐷ
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Normally quiet and calm, the taste of salt causes this Pokemon to go off-the-shits feral.
I don't consider myself much of a shiny hunter, but I do like a good hunt once in a while to pass the time. This only includes shinies I found myself, event, trade, and in-game story stuff wasn't added because I uh, can't remember them off the top of my head lmao

I forget her name (F): Caught in a nuzlocke while grinding! I didn't really need her on the team, especially since I already had a Meganium, but I loved her nonetheless.

Shiner (M): My first legit (non-gift) shiny! I was disappointed that it was a Patrat, and also only caught in the postgame while I was headed to the dreamyard to capture some legendary in White 2, but I like to keep him as a memento.
Gwen (F): Caught in a nuzlocke playthrough of Black! I never actually finished the run, but she was a powerhouse who is now sitting comfortably in my copy of Sun.

Pinto Bean (M): A fella I caught in the friend safari! I really wanted shiny Chesnaught when I saw its colors, and got it after a few hours of poking around.

Swadplot (M): A little guy I got while trying to get Pinto Bean! I never bothered evolving him, he's somewhere on one of my cartridges.

Quartz (F): The shiny that I think took me the second most amount of time to get out of any, the Masuda method and shiny charm were not kind to me in hatching her. I still have like, 7 boxes full of Noibats I never bothered to release.

Shortcake (-): I was dicking around on an eeveelution-only playthrough of Alpha Sapphire with my girlfriend, and while waiting around for her to catch up so we could battle (something we did after every gym), I decided to poke around on the mirage islands. When initiating the battle I thought "haha wouldn't it be neat if this one was shiny haha" and!! I nearly pissed myself though because I only had 12 ultra balls to catch her, and I wasted my master ball on Kyogre. My favorite accidental shiny.

Naomi (F): A little treat I hatched for a nuzlocke I've put on hold for a while. I really should pick it up again soon. I was lucky it only took me around 90 eggs to hatch her, no Masuda and no shiny charm.

Ashe (M): The shiny that took me the longest to get. For reference, I got LGPE about oh, 2 weeks after it came out? And was dead set on getting a shiny Charmander from like, route 3 I think. I didn't get that Charmander until 6 months later. I would spend hours on this game, day after day, trying desperately to find one so I could continue my playthrough. I finally did, and it was worth it.

forgot this one's name lmao (M): A mere distraction from the Charmander I sought, but a distraction I caught nonetheless.

Greenbean (M): Yet another distraction from the true Charmander prize.

Comet (F): Was wandering around in a garbage can 15 minutes after I caught Ashe. Simultaneously was losing my shit at her just wandering around and also dying because it took months to find Ashe and this bitch was just waddling around the grass. Also gave me a heart attack because I got her on that route the daycare is on, y'know, the one you have to jump down ledges to get to and to get there you have to exit the route to get to. I was super worried she would despawn. Ashe fills the fire niche on this team but I'm stubborn and she's gonna stay.

There are a few of these so I'm just gonna list them real fast:

(x1)
(x1)
(x3)
(x1)
(x3)
(x1)
(x1)

All of them except the first two are from community days!

Last edited:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
How tf do y'all have so many shinies what the heck heckle.

I have two shinies! The only two I've ever encountered. I found them both in my first nuzlocke of Pearl, and they both have their own special box in the bank now! I've got a shiny zubat and a shiny wingull. :3 I can't recall if I nicknamed them!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Strangely, a majority of my Shinies came from incompleted runs

I have about 10 or 11 in total, the valid ones are a Spinda from my canon OR run, an Ursaring from my Gold run (which I nearly missed), and a Hitmonchan from Crystal.

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Shinies!! They're always such a nice surprise. I've had (....counts....) eight nuzlocke shinies so far.

My first ever shiny was actually a nuzlocke shiny. It was a female Girafarig in Pokemon Platinum. A completely random encounter; I just happened to be running through that giant patch of grass in Valor Lakefront to get to a different location. I knew what shinies were, but had never actually encountered one besides the red Gyarados in HGSS, so I remember stopping and staring at it for a long time, thinking, "Does Girafarig have a blue mane? No, wait..." All of my pokemon in that run were named after pokemon berries, so her name was Kelpsy :)

In that same run, while grinding on Iron Island, I ran into a shiny female Graveler. I was probably scared she was going to Self-Destruct but I don't remember too well. I named her Sitrus. Unfortunately, both of them ended up dying, although I did save them and transfer them to a different game.

My Sapphire nuzlocke had THREE shinies. Derek the Volbeat, Poseidon the Tentacruel, and Samantha the Linoone. Poseidon and Samantha were caught in the late game when I was training up my rotation team for the last gym leader/League, so they didn't get much use. I normally like to add shiny pokemon to my team though.

I had a shiny Lurantis named Luka for a long time in my blind Ultra Sun run. I had just lost my first pokemon in that run (a legit Fomantis, funnily enough) when I found him. It was like a sign. He was my baby. He was also one of my three surviving members after the Ultra Necrozma battle, but then I lost him to Mina.

My FAVORITE shinies (purely out of sheer disbelief and amusement) are the TWO shiny Hoppips I've encountered, one in SoulSilver and one in HeartGold. Both boys. I encountered the first one on Route 32 in SoulSilver. He was a staple on my team the entire run but ended up succumbing to a Blizzard from Red's Blastoise. I won't say much about the other one because I might make his run into a comic someday. But the kicker?

Years ago I tried out a "Which Pokemon is your Spirit Pokemon?" generator on Tumblr. My spirit pokemon was A JUMPLUFF. I didn't want to believe it, because Jumpluff? Really? But after catching two shiny Hoppip I'm starting to believe it, so much so that I bought a Jumpluff plush when I visited a Pokemon Center in Japan. Unfortunately it's not shiny haha

The only time I've ever failed to catch a shiny was in a (different) Platinum run. I was in Wayward Cave with Mira when we ran into a double battle with a shiny Zubat. And she. KILLED IT :)))))))))))))))) I was so upset

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
All my nuzlocke shinies I've gotten at some point or another, not counting wondertrade, set encounters, or things like odd egg resets or wormholes.

Skorupi and gulpin (both horde encounters) in the same Y run.
Watchog (y)
Watchog in a different y nuz.
First encounter poochyena, and a horde oddish in the same omega ruby nuz.
Eevee (moon)
Alolan rattata (moon)
Unfezant (white 2)
Male frillish (white 2)
Tympole (black)
Gastly (hgss)
Pidgey (hgss)
Spinda (Ruby)
Nuzleaf, loudred and a lairon that used roar, in the same ruby nuzlocke.
Banette (white 2)
Roggenrola and deerling in the same black run.
Rattata (platinum, post game)
Zubat (crystal)

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
I've been pretty lucky with shinies, and I feel like I probably mentioned most of the ones I had at that point on the old forums, so I'll stick with the ones from only the last year or so.

(I don't remember the name) the Amoongus - I was playing a Sandslash solo of Pokemon White (non Nuzlocke), and since it was a solo and I was fighting every trainer, I didn't need to fight wild Pokemon much (I had Repels going most of the time). So of course when I step out onto Route 10 and check one of the "items" in the grass, it was a shiny Amoongus. I wasn't expecting to be finding a shiny Pokemon, so I was rather low on Poke Balls at the time, and Sandslash had about 20 levels on it, so weakening it wasn't really an option. But despite the far from ideal circumstances, I managed to snag it in the end!

These next two are from my Bluelocke runs for the UCL, which I'll get around to posting here before too long... Hopefully... So I'll spoiler them, anyway.
Glittawing the Taillow - I was playing Emerald, and I'd already caught a Taillow (named Willow), but I was hoping to guarantee myself another one with Repels on Route 116. But then I carelessly took two steps into the grass without a Repel going and encountered a Whismur, which was a perfectly valid catch, so my plan for a second Taillow was dead. ...Until I was trying to grind my new team members from around Dewford Town on Route 104, and a shiny Taillow popped up! He was Jolly, which was a much better nature, so I was kind of planning to have him replace Willow. But after taking some scarily strong hits from Brawly's Pokemon, I decided that Willow was probably the better Taillow in the long run due to its better Defense (and barely worse other stats). Really wish I had 11 letters to work with for that nickname, though...

Kira the Tentacool - Unlike the Taillow, I already had more Tentacool and Tentacruel than I knew what to do with in my Heart Gold run... And then in some pre-Clair grinding, a shiny one popped up. I caught it with no issues, but it will likely remain in the box.

Floofloss the Buneary - I'd been watching some of Keizaron's Wonder Trade races on Twitch, and decided that I wanted to do a quick run like that myself. So I was going through the grass in the early game of Ultra Sun, looking for one of the rarest encounters so that I wouldn't be starting the Wonder Trade chain with something worthless... But then he appeared, in all of his fairy floss glory! ...And then I decided that I'd just solo with him instead, since I've never used the Buneary line (though I'd never really wanted to before then, either), and the rest of my Gen 6 and 7 shinies have never gotten used, either. So I started that a month or two ago, but I got distracted with other games and moving house, so I'm pretty sure I'm only up to right before Totem Mimikyu. But I'll probably find a little spare time between games in the next month or two and try to cram the rest of that run in there.

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Today I managed to get 3 shiny Trapinch at today's Community Day at Pokemon GO! I evolved the first one to Flygon and the 2nd one into Vibrava!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
My random shiny encounters:

1. Shiny Silcoon in HeartGold, during the Bug-Catching Contest. (It didn't win.)
  2. Shiny Dedenne in X
  3. Shiny Spritzee in Y
  4. Shiny Magikarp in SoulSilver
  5. Shiny Stufful in Moon
  6. Shiny Metapod in my Let's Go Eevee nuzlocke
Also, I got a shiny Tonemy in Uranium, and encountered several shinies in Solar Light Lunar Dark, the latter of which I guess has a higher shiny encounter rate because I found at least four and haven't even finished the game.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
I have encountered 3 shinies:
- A Shiny Marrill in Emerald
- A Shiny Zubat in LeafGreen
- A Shiny Drillbur in Black (this one was in a nuzrun! Though it never showed up on the forums haha)

Blackstarlight17

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Has no concrete sleep schedule and is often covered in cats. If found sleeping and is needed, just smack her with a bag of frozen milky way bars.
I've gotten several shinies, some hunted, others stumbled upon.

The more recent ones were my starter in Platinum, a Turtwig, followed by Rotom. These I hunted despite being a Nuzlocke for story purposes.

Another was a Sudowoodo in my Silver run I've been working on.

Then while filling up the Pokedex in Y so as to try and do shiny hunts in ORAS, I stumbled upon three shinies. A male Nidoran in a horde while looking for a Starly and two Skrelp while hunting Horsea to steal a Dragon Scale from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)