• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Sinnoh Teen Severance: A Platinum Randomized Viruslocke

Thread Description
Updates monthly! (usually)

Kinetic Kimo

Trainer MIA
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her. Old-school girl words.
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Hey, been keeping tabs on your comic for a little while now and wanted to actually say something. I love your use of vibrant color throughout your comic, and especially in this update. You do well setting the mood while still showing the environment. The end of the strip with the water looks great, such a bright and pretty color palette but the sharp contrast makes it seem intense and dangerous. I hope I'm making sense, lol.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, been keeping tabs on your comic for a little while now and wanted to actually say something. I love your use of vibrant color throughout your comic, and especially in this update. You do well setting the mood while still showing the environment. The end of the strip with the water looks great, such a bright and pretty color palette but the sharp contrast makes it seem intense and dangerous. I hope I'm making sense, lol.

Anyway, keep up the great work!
@Kinetic Kimo

Thanks a ton man! I'm glad you've been looking over my work. Also omg thanks, I tend to feel I'm good at colour theory but its so nice to hear the atmosphere has been good thru colour tones. I really love it when comics and visual mediums can do this rather than outright saying it, so I probably dreew from that inspo. Gosh I'll be real I was looking at the water scene in my script and was like "oh gosh how do I draw water? How does body of water do?" So I'm glad it came out well and felt the way I wanted it to be protrayed! I hope you enjoy future updates and also thanks so much for commenting, it really means the world to me!

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Ooh, I love the transitions you use for the panels! Like the one where they're scaling Jubilife city and you got that view from below, but as you scroll down it transitions to them landing!

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Ooh, I love the transitions you use for the panels! Like the one where they're scaling Jubilife city and you got that view from below, but as you scroll down it transitions to them landing!
@khorale I'm soooo glad you like them! Gosh they are difficult lil buggers, but long form comics really make it easier to create these nutty shots. Jubilife's was really rewarding to get done but I won't even lie I was very much trying to remember art rules and hoping it looked proper (trying not to dissappoint my past art teachers) but all and all Im really glad they are in severance and people enjoy them! I'll try to keep it up and keep doing odd lil transitions.

Ty for the comment! Really is nice people like my work~

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Worm on a String AU
(Click the bundle of worms below to view)

...That is all....

Actually that is not all I lied haha April Fools.

I'll be doing a double update soon! So I'm not just posting these and vanishing for the month!

Okay nooooow I'm done.

Ty for reading.​

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I've already commented on dA but I'm going to scream about my love for Severance here too because man. MAN. These pages were some good food mmmm the art and character interactions are sublime, the world building and hints get better and better with each page and GOSH this group of characters are so likeable and interesting that I can't wait to see where they're going

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
This is such a cool concept for a Nuzlocke and your art is really good, too!

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
I've already commented on dA but I'm going to scream about my love for Severance here too because man. MAN. These pages were some good food mmmm the art and character interactions are sublime, the world building and hints get better and better with each page and GOSH this group of characters are so likeable and interesting that I can't wait to see where they're going
AAAAAAAAa I still very much appreicate it! It's really awesome hearing from you and what you think!~
Im very excited to show whats on the horizon.

This is such a cool concept for a Nuzlocke and your art is really good, too!
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the concept and art!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh hey I love Pit? So much character packed into such a small package. Full of sass yet genuinely helping out (though that blood.... pushhing might not be healthy but they're so happy about the fire aaaaa I'm so conflicted)

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Oh hey I love Pit? So much character packed into such a small package. Full of sass yet genuinely helping out (though that blood.... pushhing might not be healthy but they're so happy about the fire aaaaa I'm so conflicted)

I'm glad you like Pit, there was definitely a lot for him on this page! I'm glad you like that about his character though! (haha yep, something was achieved... but what about the cost? : ) )

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Pit trying to escape by floating down the river was the funniest thing ever! :'D Love this little bastard! And seeing that he made such an effort to help Vulcan, we now know that he isn't entirely bastard, he's just incredibly direct. Such a cool character!
The panel of Vulcan managing to make fire is so good!! Really impactful and the most beautiful colors! Welp, I sure hope he doesn't get rapidly closer to death every time he uses fire. ;u;

Sanctell

Professor at the Bard's College in Solitude
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Pit trying to escape by floating down the river was the funniest thing ever! :'D Love this little bastard! And seeing that he made such an effort to help Vulcan, we now know that he isn't entirely bastard, he's just incredibly direct. Such a cool character!
The panel of Vulcan managing to make fire is so good!! Really impactful and the most beautiful colors! Welp, I sure hope he doesn't get rapidly closer to death every time he uses fire. ;u;
Hahah, Im glad you like this lil cherry. Yeah, I love me some complex bastards and it was really fun writing this all out! And Im so glad the fire looked impactful enough, it's definately a big moment that we finally see more of the cyndaquil look! Hopefully he won't. :)

Happy 2nd Anniversary! Here's a little animation I made

Since you're participating in the Sound of Silence protest on DeviantArt, I thought I'd post this publically here first so you'll at least get to see it today.
I will say it once and I will say it again, I will even say it three times. Holy shit I love this so much I am dying it looks amazing and I wanna cry out of happiness. This is super sweet and really nice to see, especially cause I supposed to stay off of DA for like.... 3 more days. But gosh this is lovely. Thank you so much.

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice

As everyone else says, Happy Anniversary!!
THanks for the well wishes and art from everyone! Means a ton! :D
(PG 12 will be out soon!~)

Sanctell

Professor at the Bard's College in Solitude
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Oreburgh looks beautiful in a haunted, post-apocalyptic way. Seriously, what the heck happened here? Why is everyone there wearing masks? It's like a war zone and the plague at the same time...

Anyway, I notice the security forces in this city are notably ill equipped compared to their counterparts in Jubilife. No uniforms except some dingy OD green jackets, plus only one of them is wearing armor (ballistic vest?). They're still better armed than Sandgem's militia though. I just thought it was an interesting detail since it hints at how the well off they are in there.

And Roark's outfit looks fine as heck with those spaulders!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Severance is back! And hoooooly crap what happened to Oreburgh. Gotta hitch a ride as a stowaway to even get in? Masks on everyone and crossbows aimed at people? You did an excellent job setting up an atmosphere and I'm big concern.

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Oreburgh looks beautiful in a haunted, post-apocalyptic way. Seriously, what the heck happened here? Why is everyone there wearing masks? It's like a war zone and the plague at the same time...

Anyway, I notice the security forces in this city are notably ill equipped compared to their counterparts in Jubilife. No uniforms except some dingy OD green jackets, plus only one of them is wearing armor (ballistic vest?). They're still better armed than Sandgem's militia though. I just thought it was an interesting detail since it hints at how the well off they are in there.

And Roark's outfit looks fine as heck with those spaulders!
Dawww thank you! Im glad it looks nice.... in a post-apocalyptic-y way. Hmmm... I guess we will find out but im glad these questions are being asked.

Oooooo you got a good eye there!~ Yep thats definately a situation with equiptment. Much more rag-tag.
https://deviantart.com%2Foliviamakesanart%2Fart%2FSeverance-Gang-850387353 Hi did you know I love these kids? Because I love these kids.
I AM DYING I AM CRYING!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DRAWING MY CHILDREN OMGGGGG!!!

Severance is back! And hoooooly crap what happened to Oreburgh. Gotta hitch a ride as a stowaway to even get in? Masks on everyone and crossbows aimed at people? You did an excellent job setting up an atmosphere and I'm big concern.
It's back and being cryptic as ever!! :D Welp.... something happened that's for sure. But real talk im really glad I set up a good atmosphere here, it's definately gonna be needed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)