• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Sinnoh Teen Severance: A Platinum Randomized Viruslocke

Thread Description
Updates monthly! (usually)

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice

It came as quick as it started, like a shock to a system, spreading so quickly and silenced just as fast.
It twists and corrupts until it is a distorted mirror, until one dares to face it all.

It has been exactly one year since she has distanced herself from everything, trying to process what has been torn from her.
However, all it takes is a little push, a spark, to get her back on her feet and face the world that has wronged her.

Viruslocke Rules
1. One pokemon per area (deupse clause with a 3 attempt mark and a shiny clause permitted)
2. If a Pokemon faints, then it's dead
3. Nickname all pokemon
4. PC is not allowed, which limits it to only your active party as available pokemon. Any pokemon in the PC is considered dead.
5. If you willingly place a team member in your PC, you cannot use it anymore, it is also dead. The only exception is if you have to get a gift pokemon to progress the story, you may swap out a pokemon out in order to do this, but if you choose to use the gift pokemon then it is dead. Pokemon that have pokerus or shiny CAN be put in the PC without dying though.
6. Egg pokemon are banned, due to the fact its mainly a dead weight until you get it high enough level.
7. TMs and EXP shares are banned from this challenge, as they are both computers. HMs are allowed since you need them to progress through the story.
8. Steel and Electric type pokemon are banned, adding one to your party will effectively kill your entire team, meaning you'd be played a monotype challenge.
9. As per monotype rules, if you add a mix of electric or steel, the same with will occur as it does in Rule 9, unless it is a electric/steel typing. (As per monotype, you need to have one of the typings only and it can be primary or secondary)
10. Legendary pokemon are banned
11. Traded/gift pokemon are not allowed
12. No items are allowed to be used in battle.

ROM Settings

- Randomized Starters (3 stage only)
- Randomize Trainers and Wild Pokemon (But not overworld)
- Set pokemon to that of equal power (to ensure I dont get something silly like go against a Magikarp in the E4)

Can be found on:
Deviantart . ComicFury

I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!~

Last edited:

TwistedEerie

Memelord
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
Sometimes pretends to be a carrot and makes carrot noises.
bangs my fists on the wall here comes my favourite child
YEE HAW ITS FINALLY HERE ON FORUMS BLESS THE NUZLOCKE LETS GET THIS BREAD!!!

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bangs my fists on the wall here comes my favourite child
YEE HAW ITS FINALLY HERE ON FORUMS BLESS THE NUZLOCKE LETS GET THIS BREAD!!!
Haha, thanks Eerie! Took me long enough but yeah, it's finally on here!

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
This comic has a really neat and sort of an eerie setting/atmosphere it's very cool! The symbolism is cool too, makes me wonder what on earth has been happening/has happened in this place. and i like your characters! they have a lot of personality. vulcan and lilac seem so nice and cute pokemon. <3 your art is quite nice too, everyone is very expressive~

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
This comic has a really neat and sort of an eerie setting/atmosphere it's very cool! The symbolism is cool too, makes me wonder what on earth has been happening/has happened in this place. and i like your characters! they have a lot of personality. vulcan and lilac seem so nice and cute pokemon. <3 your art is quite nice too, everyone is very expressive~
Dawwww thanks! Its an honour for you to say that cause I love your stuff like a heck ton! And I'm glad there be intruigue cause boi we got some slow burn happening but I'm excited to reveal answers when it arises.

cjapples

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
The elusive CJ prefers small spaces such as tiny bookstores, pillow forts, sailboats, and backstage at theaters.
just started reading, and i'm a fan! keep up the good work :D

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang I haven't commented in here yet, that means I've got a chance to express how much I like this comic! The premise is super fascinating, that wall at jubilife in the most recent page just emphasizing how different and exciting the chamges you've made are. Even your ruleset is dripping with flavor. Also, as a footnote, I love your fluffy zubat design and dearly hope that they make it to crobat so we can have a flying fluffy orb.

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
just started reading, and i'm a fan! keep up the good work :D
Thanks so much! Welcome to the chaos that is Severance, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer with this comic!
Oh dang I haven't commented in here yet, that means I've got a chance to express how much I like this comic! The premise is super fascinating, that wall at jubilife in the most recent page just emphasizing how different and exciting the chamges you've made are. Even your ruleset is dripping with flavor. Also, as a footnote, I love your fluffy zubat design and dearly hope that they make it to crobat so we can have a flying fluffy orb.
I'm so glad you like the comic so far!~ I'm happy the premise is shining through a lil more now, especially with those changes. I'm excited to show more of that stuff. Oh ye I have plans for that ruleset and why the game was set up the way it was.... but that will come in time~
I'm glad you love the fluffy zubat and hopefully she will become a glorious fluffy crobat.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Oh hey did I fave this comic on dA? I'm pretty sure I faved this comic on dA WELP time to read it all over again

firstly wow, that ruleset sure is something huh
aw a pun, i like this person already xD
(the expressions are soo good)
ohno wait what
oh it was a dream D:
XD SCREEEE that panel is amazing

aww i love that espeon as well
xD that bubble drawing!
aw no D: why sad
OH WOW RIP TABLE
;;;A;;; ohno dad from the dream died didnt he
:'3 aww their smiles, must protecc

ooh the trees are nice!
HMMM mysterious person in the dark :squint:
?? huwhat weird glitchy stuff?
hUUUH
:0 phew thank god they're nice

ooo it's Lucas! aw nolan is so cute
:squint: shady... plot stuff? lore? i am interested!
for real the expressions are very good, i feel bad for the mc :(
XD that blurry nolan panel though!
D: aw nuu vulcain's lungs how do you make the mood change back and forth so fast

D: D: bad flashbacks!! rude!!
:'D rip nolan (i love rowan's mustache tho)
AWW CRISPIN!!!
and i like how you remove the lineart for people more in the background! is mc okay tho? D:
ah what, raids? lucas don't leave us in the dark here
:0 Tala!! mc name!!

ooh pretty forest
AH NO RUDE FLASHBACKS! >:0
no rude glitches either!!! >:0 ngl that sounds real scary though
i swear all the expressions in the five panels right after they get out of the lab are so cute
waaaaa dynamic panels!! :0
oh cute cherubi?? :D

aw F cherubi xD
all of their faces though, i love them x)
OH zubat?? yeah you should probabmy stop throwing balls at everything tala xD
yay for lilac! :3
wAIT jubilife wtf???

huuuh so this got very long um
Well! Since I can watch this thread now, I'll be able to comment on all future updates :D

Last edited:

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Hey Yall, I got a job and died a lil bit! :D But I'm back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also.......
@Rubombee
I am really glad you are liking this comic! And dont worry about long comments, I adore them! ;v;

Im glad you loved the jokes and expressions before things just started to happen. Dream zones are fun :)
haha I love drawing Celeste (the espeon) and as well as the silly doodles throughout this comic!
(also RIP table yes)

Haha Yeah I loved making that fake out!~ And finally using that glitch stuff.

Yep that's Lucas! And I'm glad you like Nolan he's grown on me so much.

Gosh yeah, we finally have some lore! And some plot! Took the comic long enough but I hope it was worth it!
Yeah I try to make background people less noticeable cause they can seem very... standoffish.
Is MC okay? Who knows.
And ye Finally a NAME! (I can finally say her name normally now)

I'm glad you liked those five panels, its fun to draw those lil moments.
Oh gosh the Cherubi, he was an interesting one to see.

F CHerubi, agreed.
Lol Tala's reflexes need to relax a bit don't they? XD
Also with Jubilife all I can say is: oh boi

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make this huge comment, I deeply appreciate it and love hearing what people think about my comic! I hope you have a good day!

Last edited:

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
glad you liked the liveblog!! i like doing it as well

~~~~~

climbing time!!! but wait if theyre not supposed to get in are the people inside gonna be mad or-
ooh water! and :squint: at the broken tower over there
aww "carved mountains" she is so cute
OMG GIANT GYARADOS I LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG
AAAAAA ITS SO FANCY
also i just noticed backpack plant omg i love that
woaaaaaah that big ass panel is amazing!!!
"jubilife security doesn't like outsiders" well considering the huh, wall, im not really surprised,,
…also wait did they forget that basically anyone with a flying Pokémon could just fly over it
👀 hi tiny looker
welp that school doesn't look like it's gonna open any time soon for sure
looker what size is the font you're trying to read that close to your paper

Conclusion:
tala's face in the last panel is way too cute

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Oh look a LORE appeared!
LEAGUE INFO PT 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here we go~
@Rubombee
So much climbing yesssss.....
Huh... weird addition, broken tower....
I'm glad you like her I love her I cant wait to have her speak more~
GYARADOS WAS CHAOTIC BUT I LOVED THEIR DESIGN (painful but fun)
Haha backpack plant I love that phrasing too!
THAAAAAAAAAANKS!~ Holy moly it was a thing to deal with but im glad it came out really well!
Yeah youd like to think it was obvious.
True, but well.... we will see about that.
Rip School I agree
Rip Looker's eyes as well

Im glad you like this page tho and yes thanks for loving my girl's smile
Let's hope it stays smiling for a lil longer!

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Wait, what does that erased section say?
WHAT DOES IT SAY???

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
I love the mood in those nighttime pages, you are doing a real good job of lighting to make the palettes give a mood as well as a sense of time, good stuff. And I gotta say the excitement in your author comment on deviantart is infectious, I'm excited that you're excited to get to the parts that are exciting to you, I'm sure that when we get to those happenings and big scenes that it'll be magnificent.

Rip to the poor magma slug though, they're good lads even if they are atrocious to actually use (bad stats, late evolution, I keep running into them in randomizers and they just never pan out no matter how hard I try)

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
I love the mood in those nighttime pages, you are doing a real good job of lighting to make the palettes give a mood as well as a sense of time, good stuff. And I gotta say the excitement in your author comment on deviantart is infectious, I'm excited that you're excited to get to the parts that are exciting to you, I'm sure that when we get to those happenings and big scenes that it'll be magnificent.

Rip to the poor magma slug though, they're good lads even if they are atrocious to actually use (bad stats, late evolution, I keep running into them in randomizers and they just never pan out no matter how hard I try)
@Kadew Gosh im sorry about the long wait!!

Im so glad you liked the palettes and the lighting! Really makes that extra time worth it! Haha thanks, we are getting to the good stuff and I'm so excited! But thanks, hopefully they are up to par.

And yes Slugma is great too bad I had too many fires aka 1 fire type, with my ruleset I couldnt risk it. : (

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
GOSH! these are very vicious Shinx!
They are not even Luxio nor Luxray yet!
Welp good thing everyone can stand their ground (kinda)

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
@Velink
Yeah they are! Definately not the cute cubs we are used to!
But yeah good think everyone was competent.

(Thanks for reading tho I really appreciate!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)