• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Serranade's Phone Booth Aisle

Thread Description
a little bit of a writing experiment

Serranade

hot butter ice cream
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cute
Pick Up the Phone Booth and Aisle is a parody of a text-based game that combines two other explorations of the genre: Pick Up the Phone Booth And Die and Aisle. The gist of the game is simple. if you type in a command, the game ends, often in a humorous way (compared to the more somber Aisle.) There are a large variety of commands to type in, and a large variety of endings to acquire.

I enjoy this game's concept. It's fun and doesn't really require a lot of effort except on the part of the person writing all the endings. And I haven't written anything in a long while. And I'd like to start writing things again (since going for walks has started to fill me with ideas).

So why not? Hand me an action based on the following prompt and I'll see what I can do. Ahem.

"The Town Square
You are standing in the middle of a pretty town square in the center of a nondescript New England town. Like most any other nondescript New England town, there's not much to see or do here, but maybe you'll find something amusing and enjoyable to do.

A shiny metal phone booth sits in the center of the square. "

Aureum

5 Time Winner of the Jimmy Jab Games
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Sounds fun.
>Get into the phone booth

Serranade

hot butter ice cream
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cute
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(the phone booth) (i'm not exactly sure how to take "erase" by itself so i'm declaring that it applies to the phone booth)

With a swift motion, you take out your eraser (For Really BIG Mistakes) and get to work. After a good ten minutes of rubbing up and down, you decide to take a break, step back a bit and admire your handiwork.

The phone booth is still standing, not really worse for wear. Clearly, this is going to require some elbow grease. After twenty minutes of rubbing up and down harder, you notice on your second break that not only is the phone booth unharmed but your arm is missing.

Who lets a little missing limb stop them from erasing a phone booth? Not you, you think to yourself, as your other arm begins to fade from reality in a shower of pink markings that could be mistaken for evil cherry blossoms if you squint.

Things continue not to improve as you attempt to erase the phone booth with what you have remaining. Your legs are gone, your teeth are gone, your lips are gone, and as you are attempting to snort your eraser to get a grip on it your head disappears entirely. And the booth is still there.

***They have a cool new nickname for you in Albuquerque***

You swiftly turn around and march into the nearest record store. After perusing some good old bands for a bit, one more pristine-looking CD catches your eye. It's the newest single, created by the phone booth outside! Curious, you purchase the CD and pop it into your car's radio as you go out for a drive. It's a jaunty little earworm, nestling itself into your head.

By your fourth play of it, you're humming along to the melody. By your seventh, you know all the words. By your tenth, you find yourself popping back into the record store to buy the entire album. You're awed; how did you even live before listening to this phone booth's music?

The next month, the phone booth puts out another album, and you're the first person in line to snap it up. It's even better than the first one. Tears begin to form in your eyes as you listen to the soundtrack. It's a powerful, powerful set of tunes, and you are extremely moved. Perfection exists. This is it.

You attend all of the phone booth's concerts. You've been there since the beginning. You're hopelessly entranced. And nobody is surprised when your demise comes, as your last and newest obsession attempts to mosh.

***You were crushed by a falling phone booth***

Aureum

5 Time Winner of the Jimmy Jab Games
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
>Turn around and get some lunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)