• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Written Story Hoenn Mature Mon Run Away, Survivors: A Trainerless Sapphire Storylocke

Thread Description
A Tale of Pokémon, and The Journey of a Lifetime (Updates Every Other Sunday)

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
In a World where Humanity no longer exists; A Scarred Poochyena, a young Mudkip, and many other Pokémon will begin their journey across the chaotic new region of Hoenn, with the hopes of reaching a better life.

Good Evening Everybody; After months of intense planning, Here I present to you my Second Storylocke.
At first I wasn´t sure to work on this at all, but the encouragement I got from this Community motivated me to finish it until the very end.

This Story takes place years after the events of my other Run: The Aftermath. However, the two aren´t connected Storywise, so previous reading won´t be neccesary. There will be updates every two weeks, on a Sunday, So I can have more than enough time to develop each Chapter. The Run will also be on my Deviantart Page and in AO3 if anyone´s interested.

So, without further ado, let´s begin.

This Run will deal with Mature Subjects like Abuse, Depictions of Violence, Swearing, among others.
Please, Read this with Caution.

• I can only catch my first encounter on each area.
  • If any Pokémon faints, It´s considered Dead and must be deposit on the PC forever.
  • A Black Out ends The Challenge
  • The game must be played on Set Mode.
  • Shiny and Dupes Clause.
  • No Repels allowed
  • Legendaries Cannot be used.

Littleroot Town, a small area in the southwest of Hoenn.​

For many people, such familiar place was one filled with unforgettable experiences, and important decisions: This was the home of The Iconic Pokémon Lab, where children of different times, and different ages, receive their very first Partner: A Starter Pokémon. With one of the three iconic choices of a Fire, Grass, or a Water type; these children of tomorrow start their own journey as trainers, to follow the long-lasting tradition of beating the League, and become Pokémon Masters.​

Those were wonderful times, such wonderful times indeed. But that's what they are now, just some painful, and short reminisces of how great the past used to be. Now in the present, this Town has become nothing more than the perfect Flagship of how miserable this region is now: The once beautiful houses are now are a mash of rubble and debri, the greenery completely took over the terrain, and all of the former citizens were long buried within the remains of this wasteland.​

Oddly enough, the only building remaining, is the aforementioned Lab, now covered in vegetation as well; But what's weirder, The whole place was surrounded by a wall of spikes and Stones. One could assume someone was using it as a safeplace, if only a single soul could be heard inside, or around the area for that matter. But on a single night, a strange figure managed to get out of that fortress, using a small gap in the spiked wall, and this character now wants to traverse the linear path of Route 101.​

Look out world, my wonderful adventure is about to start.

…​

Route 102, a land completely ruled over by the Wild Life.​

Everything starts in a camp near a small body of water; a large pack of Pokemon join together, and gather all the food they gathered over the course of the day: From some Berries, to edible plants, and even some recently deceased bodies.​

Natural selection was in full effect on this jungle, as it does in all of the adjacent Routes in this side of Hoenn, with the Strongest and most fearsome creatures ruling over the weaker species. ​

Sharp teeth, aggressive fight-style, and decades of experience as vicious hunters, even before the apocalypse; The Poochyena line showed up their absolute dominance over all unlucky Wurmples and Zigzagoons. But despite their power, the Dark types survival rate was low, the food was never enough to maintain their vast numbers; They really depended of how many food one can gather, a task that becomes harder and harder by the day.​

With so many of you to hunt for food, only to come out with this shitty amount. The Alpha Mightyena was embarrassed at the incompetence of the members of his pack; well, of most of them. A trio of ferocious looking Poochyenas appeared in front of the leader, and delivered a bag filled with food; more food than what a Docent of others were able to bring combined.​

Just look at how much the pride of this pack had managed to deliver. Why can't you poor excuses of space and resources be more like them?

Everyone already assumed who's gonna eat like champions that day, and who would starve for the third time in a row. If you weren't useful in the pack, days will be hard for you; It was a miracle than more than half of them survived, with the rest perishing before noon. And for what, to be forced to fight and live another day?​

This can break anyone, a single Poochyena started to cry in the middle of the meeting: The Anger, the frustration, the hunger, the deaths, the pain, they were too much to bear. The Alpha didn't took well such a display of weakness. You pathetic weakling! The Mightyena went feral, and used his claws to leave a massive wound On the Pup´s face. Instead of admitting to your uselessness, you just cry like a girl.

Well, He got one thing right: that victim was indeed a Female Poochyena. ​

Luckily, the sun was about to leave the sky, they all need to sleep at night to recover strength. The Leader threw her into the ground, promising to deal with her tomorrow, and everyone retreated back into their homes to rest. The small Dark Type just stood there, enduring the pain, all alone.​

...​

Back on Route 101, the mysterious figure continued traversing the sole path of Route 101, on a road to explore the Entirety of Hoenn.
At first, it was a happy walk, but that was short lived, upon taking the briefest of time, to look at the surroundings: The place was dark, no light could not be seen within the neverending pile of trees, and the sounds of scream and pain were more and more prominent the farther the figure goes.​

He got scared, all it wanted now was to come back home. But upon trying to return, Everything started to look the same, and turning into an endless Road, without a way to escape. This poor fella was lost, and began to panic in pure hopelessness, as steps and voices could be heard nearby, coming from every single direction imaginable.​

What I´ve done…. I wanna come home...Somebody, please …. help me….

...​

It was nighttime, all the Poochyenas were already within a deep slumber. The small girl, however, was still crying, hiding on the deepest part of the Route. During this time of fear, she began to take a look at the wound the Alpha left on her face; She managed to heal it off completely, but it will leave a scar, both physically, and psychologically.​

This wasn't the first one she received, far from it, similar marks were covering huge parts of her small little body. Despite how many she received, they always felt like the first one. ​

Man, what a feast we had. That damned trio were all loud and mighty about their success, the little girl could hear them with ease, as so does any other member of the pack awaken by all this noise. Just imagine what the boss is gonna do to that puny bug tomorrow, I hope she gets mauled in front of everyone. That was it, she feared this might happen for a long time, but now is an inevitable possibility; if the Poochyena stayed there any longer, she will get herself killed sooner or later. She needed help, she needed a solution, she needed to escape.​

A couple of hours have passed, everything was dead silent at this time. The Girl had to move slowly, the tiniest bit of sound could wake up everyone. Walking in complete silence, in such rough area was quite the nightmare. But alas, she eventually managed to get enough distance to be able to run away to her heart´s content.​

Finally, She was free from those nasty Pokemon, she could travel the world, face new experiences, and have the happy life she always wanted, but it didn't take long for reality to kick in. How was she gonna maintain herself? How's she gonna deal with other Pokemon? ​

Where should she go next? Is the rest of the world better or worst than this shithole? What if everyone hates her for being a Poochyena? It's A better life really worth fighting for?​

Her concerns and fear overwhelmed her. And what's worst, her rushing of leaving was so much, she didn't knew where she was heading to. In an desperate attempt to figure out her location, The Dark type looked around the area, where she could only see a couple of destroyed houses. This was no good, she ended up in the Town of Oldale, the middle point between all the various Poochyena Packs ruling this area. Nobody saw her alone, maybe it´s not too late to comeback and…​

Are you sure that small fry running away? That voice, it can´t be. I'm sure, I saw her. Come on, She couldn't have gotten very far.

It was the trio, they must be here to hunt her down. It was already too late, and the only choice was to escape; she keep running, and running, and running, running on a path that became more and more of a jungle path. This went on for minutes, if she finds a good place to hide, perhaps she could lose her chasers and move on with her journey. But like any good plan, this one was about to fall short by an unseen factor. Just as she was about to outrun the trio, a mysterious figure got in the middle of road, and made her stop running and fall on her feet. ​

Hey watch where you're going you as...

As she was calling out the Pokemon for this stupid behavior, but the figure just continued to stand there in the middle of the Route. ​
And from this point of view, the Poochyena could finally identify who the mysterious figure truly was.​

Hello there...Miss.

This must´ve been some kind of twisted joke. A Mudkip; an actual, small, child-like Mudkip was standing right in front of her on this jungle of a Route. ​

Please, can you help me get back home?

Oh…...Fuck. Those were the only words she could say.​

Next

Thanks a lot for Reading this New Project, And I wish you all a Wonderful Day.​

Last edited:

SilverDoe

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
I like this Poochyena so far. I want to cheer for her to find a better life for herself. And I'm super curious about her immediate reaction to meeting the Mudkip and what that means.

Can I ask if there's a specific reason you decided not to use dialogue tags and to instead italicize the dialogue? I'm mostly just curious about the thought process behind that.

Oh, and I think the pack dynamics you introduced here are neat too. It definitely put me a little on edge and then on the main Poochyena's side.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can I ask if there's a specific reason you decided not to use dialogue tags and to instead italicize the dialogue? I'm mostly just curious about the thought process behind that.
It's more of a personal taste; I prefer to Italicize than to tag the dialogue, because I believe it makes them stand out in a more slick way, helping with the fast pace of the story.

Thanks for the wonderful Reply, It really made my day.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
This wasn't real, this could not be real: A Mudkip, A freaking Mudkip, A Fucking Starter Pokémon, was standing right in front of a single Poochyena. ​
This was impossible, the three Starter species are nothing more than myths now, and yet this little guy is still alive, in Route 101 of all places.​

Helloooo…. Are you Ok Miss?

Yeah… I´m Ok. The Poochyena was mesmerized at the sight of The Mudfish Pokemon: ​

From his blue Body; his Light-Blue Tail Fin; his small size, even smaller than her; The orange gills covering both sides of his adorable Face; to even his cheerful spirit, despite looking very messy, and with a tad of malnourishment. ​

Every aspect of him could trigger anyone´s curiosity; Many questions, not enough answers.​

I can smell her, She's nearby. The Dark type remembered about the trio of Poochyenas chasing after her, and were getting closer to their location.​

It's already gonna be ugly if they get to her, but who knows what they´re gonna do to the Mudkip upon discovering him. Out of pure desperation and adrenaline, The Poochyena picked up the Water Type with her teeth, and ran away. ​

She continued running and running, until she could spot the iconic Town of Littleroot. Something was odd, as the two get farther and farther from the Route, she was unable to detect the scent of any Pokemon species; This place wasn't habited in a long time.​

There it is, that's my home.

He was correct, the duo were getting so close to The famous Pokémon Lab. With one quick glance, The Poochyena managed to spot the same place on the spiked-wall used by the Mudkip to escape. The duo used that spot to get into the lab, with her covering it up shortly after. ​

Now that the insides are completely locked up, and the trio were no longer spotted, the duo was finally safe from any danger.​
The Mudkip was so relieved to return back home, but the Poochyena could barely stand up.​

For the love of god, that was so fucking close! The Dark type finally got a chance to breathe, but the adrenaline was still flowing through her veins. ​
A lot of intense things just happened in a matter of minutes, and she needed some time to fully process all of it.​

But as just as she was about to relax, her eyes couldn't help but to behold the marvel that is the inside of the Facility: A swamp, that was it is, a artificial Swamp; Large vegetation, a clean river, and fields filled to the brim with Berry trees. ​

There´s no way a research lab could ever look like this, someone must've made this from scratch; No wonder the Mudkip made it this far, this place seems to be perfectly made for his species to inhabit without problem.​

Speaking of The Mudkip, now that another soul was finally on the lab, he had the biggest smile ever. I can't believe it, I already made a new friend. It's so wonderful to meet you. The Water Starter couldn´t be any happier, even if he wanted.​

But even though she really wanted to share that happiness back at him, and have some fun, the Poochyena knew deep within her heart something was absolutely wrong about all of this. Excuse for a moment Mudkip; Sorry If this sounds rude, but…. Is somebody else living here?

Those words, they were enough to drop his Smile, one that he failed to keep up.​
No...Nobody else lives here…..I have never met anyone in my whole life, anyone but you.

His statement couldn´t be believed; The place was made for his species, and yet only him lives there, that doesn't add up. ​

Oh, I´m really sorry for that. The Poochyena couldn't tell him the truth, and she needed answers. Listen, Is it OK if I check around the place? The Mudkip then nodded in slight agreement, giving her some space while he wonders somewhere else. ​

She checked the area for any clues: Destroyed computers, unreadable papers, but nothing that could explain anything. In fact, the only thing she could find, was the remainings of a single broken egg, one with the same colors as the Starter. As a last resort, she used her acute sense of smell. But nothing, everything was empty, not even a single. This was frustrating, it's like this poor creature was completely aband...​

Oh, That makes way too much sense. This conduct was very common in the Poochyena´s homeland; but that somebody could leave a Mudkip, a CHILD Mudkip, to suffer this crap alone, that was absolutely disgusting. Well, that's one thing they have in common at least​

At the end of the day, she had no choice but to let go of the case, and just move on. ​

In the meantime, one could hear the Mudkip hitting his head against a tree in the distance. The Dark type was about to ask what´s he doing, when a large amount of berries started to fell off the plantations, all forming a huge pile on the floor.​

Here's some food for you to eat. The Starter then tried his best to push them near her location, the key word being trying. Your Tummy’s been making noise for a while, and eating is a good way to make it feel better.

That's right, she was starving. The Poochyena completely forgot about her hunger, with all the tension and adrenaline she experienced that night. She indulge herself in what could be consider a feast for her species; it doesn't matter if most of the berries were past their time, or if some might be dangerous for her to eat, she was living the time of her life.​

So….Buddy…..Do you know how the world looks like?

Excuse me? That question caught the Poochyena by surprise, she almost choked with her food out of pure shock. Where did that come from?

The Mudkip then brought an old piece of paper next to her, it was the map of the Region Of Hoenn; It was almost in peak condition, minus a ground stain, marking the location of Littleroot Town Itself. ​

This paper says I'm right on this small spot, out of this huge land that´s our homeland. One could clearly see the passion and hopes of this child as he was talking. That's no good, I wanna explore all of it, have wonderful adventures, and make tons of new friends.

Please Stop, and don't take this the wrong way. The Water Type wasn't even aware of the danger the two were about to get into a couple of minutes ago, of course the Poochyena wasn't so sure if him leaving the safety of the lab could be a good idea. But the world is not really like you imagine. I mean …. I just tried to escape my home as well and…

No way, you're travelling too! He got very close to her, and his smile and excitement was a its peak. Then how about we travel together?
With the two of us, nothing can stop us!.

The Dark type had to refuse such crazy proposal, but couldn't say no to such adorable face, with such the determination and bravery in his stare. She knew really well he won't take well a rejection, and he could even follow her if she leaves. ​

It was already too late at night, perhaps… she could come up with something.​

Alright, you can count me in. She lied. The Water Starter was about to cry from all this happiness, and quickly tried to hug her in appreciation, only to be stopped. But right now it's too late to go, we are leaving this place tomorrow morning.

So, the duo prepared to settle in for the night, They would need all energy they could get..​

A few hours have passed, the sun was about to rise once again. As the Mudkip was sleeping peacefully, the concerns of the poor Poochyena kept her more awake than ever; not because of what danger she might get into, but because of The Starter.​

He's A small Mudkip for fuck sake, they're gonna eat him alive; and the last thing I need, is too see this poor child get murdered, I cannot live with myself if I let that happen. He must stay here, It's for the best.

The Dark Type then took put bunch of Berries inside of a small bag she found, and without even looking at the kid for a final time, she sneaked her way out of the lab, heading towards the unknown. But leaving the Water Starter behind wasn't gonna be easy; All this time, he was pretending to be sleeping, his excitement for their adventure kept him up as well; Upon seeing her escaping the lab, he quickly followed , unaware of her real plans.​

Intentional or not, this was their first step, into their journey.​

Previous / Next

We have the Second Chapter of this Story Ready To Go.
Here we learn more about the unexpected Mudkip, and how our little Poochyena is reacting to all of this.

These two will not have a name until a few more chapters, so fow now we stick with their species names.

Last edited:

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The lonely Poochyena left the town of Littleroot, and start traversing the treacherous Route 101.​

It was still early in the morning, her fellow Dark types are sleeping at this time, before starting their hunt on the afternoon. ​
As long as she avoid making any noise, and be on the lookout for any danger, everything should be fine.​

If that old map in the lab was correct: To get out of this nightmarish land for good, she had to return to Oldale, follow West up to Route 102, find a way to sneak past her old pack, and then reach the unknown lands beyond. This was a stupid plan, she knew that really well, but it was the only option she had.​

-I told you… Little brat would have to get out of that hideout eventually.- That voice, it sounded very familiar.​
-Hey, wasn´t me the one who suggested to wait all night here you asshole?-

That pesky trio, they never left, she could hear them from far behind. The Dark type acted fast and ran away yet again as fast as one could; But as the chase was about to start, she was stopped by a vicious Tackle from the side.​

-Where do you think you´re going sweetheart?- It was a set up, the last of the trio was in front of her, waiting for the perfect chance to strike.​
It didn't took long for the trio to surround her, without any chance to escape. ​

There's nothing she could´ve done, they were far stronger, and far outnumber her. ​
Fight, run, all options were pointless.​

-My, My. We have a small Runaway all for ourselves.-
-Yeah, And We´re gonna have so much fun with her.-
-So many choices, so little time.-

At this point, the poor girl already accepted her fate: As those scumbags were about to kill her, and steal her berries for themselves. ​
This despicable action was something these bastards took huge pride in, one can imagine how many of their fellow Poochyenas fell victim to this as well. ​

This was end, only a miracle would save her now.​

-Miss…..What´s going on here?- She couldn't believe it; The Mudkip actually followed her here, in such a dangerous situation. ​

And just like she before, The Trio got a huge surprise upon seeing the Water Starter alive and well. This was the perfect chance, she used the distraction to bit on the lower legs of one of the dangerous foes, right before trying to tackle the others.​

-MUDKIP, GET OUTTA HERE FAST!-​

The Mud Fish was confused about what's going on, he could only stand there in silence and confusion, as two of the Poochyenas proceed to Tackle the little Girl into submission, while the other rushed to Bite him right in the Fin Tail. This was his first experience of true pain, he screamed in pure agony. In response, the Dark type used his paws to shut him up; the last thing all of them needed was a stupid child waking up the enemy pack.​

But that didn't stopped the trio from causing more damage to their poor victims, they kept on holding the Mudkip hostage, just as they continued beating up their fellow Poochyena brethren right in front of him. She already received too much damage, she was about to pass out at any moment, and that's when those nasty fiends got closer to her.​

-You miserable little shit never fail to surprise us.-
-First you cry over the death of some weaklings.-
-And now you decide to kill yourself over a Fucking Mudkip.-

His best friend was getting the pain of her life, as if getting attacked by these mean Pokémon wasn't bad enough. The frustration, the misery, The Mudkip couldn't handle this anymore: With sheer unadulterated strength and determination, he managed to free himself from his captor, and sent the other two flying with a single tackle. -Leave me and my friend alone…..you monsters!-

The little girl stood up and join in with the Mudkip; But the trio refused to give up, and they rushed into the duo for one final bout.​
Both the Mudkip and his friend thought fast, and coordinated to Tackle the foes right into some trees, hoping the force of impact incapacitates them long enough to escape; with this strategy, they managed to defeat two of the Poochyenas, making quite the noise in the process.​

But the last one was the hardest; The Dark type not only dodged both their attacks, but managed to Bit The Mudkip yet again, this time on the right arm. The Water started tried to shake him off, all while struggling with the constant pain; luckily he freed himself yet again, by throwing some Mud to the eyes.​

This, unfortunately, was a huge mistake, as the agony and frustration caused by this attack, made the foe scream at the top of his lungs. Within seconds,all other Poochyenas in the area woke up, and were heading angrily into the bottom of this disturbance. The little girl, with the little amount of health she had, was fast enough to grab the Mudkip, and hide both of them inside the deepest of bushes. ​

She instructed the Starter to keep quiet, and prayed the others don't notice the small trail of blood they made.​

The trio, however, weren't so lucky, as the members of the rival clan surrounds them right on the spot. No words could be heard, just the sounds of angry Pokemon, and the screams of pain from the trio. The Mudkip had no idea what was going on, The Poochyena covered his eyes and ears so he doesn't witness the massacre from the outside. They both hide during a couple of minutes, until everyone finishes their business, and return home.​

At last, after everything's said and done; the duo was finally, safe from all danger. For Now.​

-Wow, that was so close, I´m so happy we ma…. -The Mudkip word´s were stopped, as his friend started to breath heavily, and shed some tears.​

-You fucking moron! -The Dark type then pushed him aside out of frustration. -What on Earth were you thinking! You could've gotten yourself killed for getting into my mess.-

-My goodness. I´m….so sorry.- The Starter began to cry as well. -I just wanted to save my best friend, didn't want to cause any more trouble for you.-

Upon calming down, she now realized who was the one that left him behind in the first place, of course he was gonna follow her unaware of her true intentions. -No, I should be the one apologizing, I was the one who broke our promise.-

-You broke our promise?- The Mudkip was more confused, than heartbroken after hearing those words. -But Why? Is because you don't to travel with me? Am I really such a burden to you?-

-No, it's not because of that.- It was pointless to lie at this point, the Poochyena expressed herself with complete honesty. -It's just, like I said back at the lab, the world is not as shiny as you think it is. Heck, I´m not even sure if the rest of the land can be better than this shithole.-

-Perhaps… is for the best if we both give up on that silly dream.-

-No.. I refuse to believe that.- The Mudkip got upset at her pessimism. -Anything can be better than living in that lonely lab, or with those mean monsters. I know there's a better world out there, just like I know we are capable of reaching it.-

The Mudkip then grabbed both of The Dark Type´s paws; and with the largest amount of determination and passion one could ever show, he says the following: -We may be weak individually; but together, there's absolutely nothing that can stop us. So what do you say?-

He was right, it was their teamwork that saved them from getting killed, and defeat the strongest members of the pack. But she wasn't so sure, fear still overwhelms her every thought: what if they never get out of this forsaken land, what if the outside world turns out to be shit, what if they don't make it, A lot of questions and doubts, all without answer.​

But in the end, The Poochyena decided to believe in herself, and to hope for a better life. ​

-Alright, count me in.-

This was unbelievable, The Mudkip was so filled with joy, he hugged her with all of his might before she could react, Not being used to receiving affection, however, she tried to shake him off, but warmed up after a while. Perhaps, The Water Type may not be the only one who got his very first friend that day.​

-Alright, I guess we should start moving, our old friends are about to wake up any second.-

And so, this unlikely duo began their journey, across the region of Hoenn. As they walk into the path, the Sun could be spotted, rising up.​
The very iconic sign that the day, and their adventures, were just beginning.​

Mudkip, Sassy Nature
Poochyena, Gentle Nature

Previous / Next

And with this chapter, the adventure of a lifetime begins.

Writing this was a bittersweet experience, for better and for worse.
Not only because of the chapter itself, but because of what´s going on right now with the world.

Is a good thing I scheduled this run twice a week, because there´s no way I would be able to work on it otherwise.
Things are fine with me, and I will continue working on Run Away, Survivors for the time being.

And to prevent any confusion, Mudkip and Poochyena were my catches of Routes 101 y 102 respectively.

Thanks a lot for reading this project, and I wish you all a wonderful day.

Last edited:

Kobanite

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
It seems you are intending to want level 3 critique, so I'm going to do my best to maintain that level throughout my comment. For one thing, the leading twosome have some great personality. They had a rough meetup, but I think they look like they're going to get along and really seem to care about each other. The dynamic on its own is kind of interesting with the Poochyena being a bit more world weary and the Mudkip is a bright eyed beginner. The pacing seems decent so far as well. Every chapter is a simple read that introduces new areas but also drives the journey forwards.

I would recommend sorting out names for the characters soon, if that is not already happening soon. I don't know if it is a personal preference, but I tend to connect more with things that have names. And they're also easier to remember. You can even express certain ideas through how the name sounds or what the name means. Your use of English was decent outside of the fact that you had a few incorrect verb tenses and words that were words that exist in English and were not misspelled but did not always apply to the situation correctly. I still understood what was being conveyed, but it's just something to watch for the future.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for future updates. I like how the characters are being built up. I'm not really sure what is going to happen... Really, anything can happen since the games are so involved in humans and human culture. This all has a lot of potential, and I wish you well.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
It seems you are intending to want level 3 critique, so I'm going to do my best to maintain that level throughout my comment. For one thing, the leading twosome have some great personality. They had a rough meetup, but I think they look like they're going to get along and really seem to care about each other. The dynamic on its own is kind of interesting with the Poochyena being a bit more world weary and the Mudkip is a bright eyed beginner. The pacing seems decent so far as well. Every chapter is a simple read that introduces new areas but also drives the journey forwards.

I would recommend sorting out names for the characters soon, if that is not already happening soon. I don't know if it is a personal preference, but I tend to connect more with things that have names. And they're also easier to remember. You can even express certain ideas through how the name sounds or what the name means. Your use of English was decent outside of the fact that you had a few incorrect verb tenses and words that were words that exist in English and were not misspelled but did not always apply to the situation correctly. I still understood what was being conveyed, but it's just something to watch for the future.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for future updates. I like how the characters are being built up. I'm not really sure what is going to happen... Really, anything can happen since the games are so involved in humans and human culture. This all has a lot of potential, and I wish you well.
Kobanite, Thank you, for such a lovely message. Your words will be remembered within my heart.
And you´re in luck, the duo is just a couple of chapters away from getting their names.

I wish you well as well.

A new day has arrived, Our duo of travelers has to continue on with their journey.​

Currently residing in the old town of Oldale, The Mudkip wondered around the abandoned houses, while the Poochyena sets her sights into one particular place: Route 102. Her old homeland, the one ruled by her former Pack, was right in front of her; and what's worst, that forsaken land is also the only path to leave this area for good.​

-This is it my friend…-. She stuttered, fear was overwhelming her yet again. -We have one shot to do this, Are you...ready?-
-WE are more than ready.- The Starter heard her from afar, shifting his focus away from the houses. -We can do it this, together.-

With those words of encouragement, the two entered the infamous Route.​

It was quiet, very quiet: The other Poochyenas should be on their hunting trip by now, and all other Pokémon must be hiding to save themselves. The Duo were about to reach the pond, the same place where her clan hangs around the most; and yet, nobody was present.​

-Damn, the roads are empty.- The Dark type was concerned about the calmness of the area, and how much attention the Mudkip might cause with his presence. -Crap, we´re exposed here. We need to find a place to hide before someo….-

-OH MY GOD, IT´S THAT A MUDKIP!- It was too late, a random Zigzagoon already spot him. -CAN´T BELIEVE THIS, I MUST TELL THE OTHERS ABOUT THIS.-
As the Normal Type headed west into the Route, They had no choice but to hurry up with the hiding. ​

It was dangerous to stay on the Main road, so climbing on trees sounded like a good idea in such a rush. That wasn´t a good idea, not in the slightest: ​

Neither of them were able to climb an inch, as a herd of Wurmples impede their progress by throwing String Shots at them. -Get away from us you fucking Poochyena.- Said the Bug Types. -We won't allow beasts like you get into our homes.-

Good thing Taillows were flying around, otherwise the Wurmples would´ve tried to kill the duo right away, and instead just forced them to leave.​
With no other option, they had to hide into the bushes, and sneak their way out of the Route. The plantations were taller than them, but they couldn´t cover their most obvious feature: Their Smell. Other Poochyenas can still track their scent, specially Mudkip´s.​

-Hey Friend, Someone's Sleeping here.- Speak of the devil; while wandering around, he found the body of a Lotad, a dead Lotad to be more precise.​

It should be expected of him to not fully grasp the concept of death, even with everything they've experienced. But the Dark type couldn't explain it right now, as she came up with an idea: Perhaps, if she rubbed some of the Water Weed Pokémon´s Blood into them, the others couldn't track them so easily.​

She tried her best to collect enough blood, while avoiding as much contact with the body as necessary. ​
She first proceed with The Mudkip, who didn't knew what she was doing.​

-Pal stop it...it tickles.- The Starter was laughing. At least someone was having fun with this.​

At last, they were completely hidden, and it was now safe to continue with their journey.​

The duo spent the last couple of hours walking near the bushes, and they barely reached more than halfway through the Route. ​

At least no one has managed to spot them so far. ​

-Hey, got a clue about that rebels that escaped last night? Some Poochyenas were talking nearby. Not yet, but there´s word of a disturbance in Route 101.

-Damn, I hope we don't get involved in another fight with that other pack.-

-It's better to ignore that and continue hunting, the sun is about to fall.-

The coast is getting clear, this is the perfect time to settle up for the night; After finding a solid place, they started eating some of the Berries they packed up in their bag, and prepared themselves for a good rest.​

-Hey Bestie, can I ask you something?- The Mudkip couldn't sleep, something was bothering him. -Was this place always so…. scary and mean?-

-I….I don´t know.- She has never thought about that, she never had the chance to wonder about the past of these areas. -No one knows anymore, this land has always been a hellhole ever since I was born. And probably was a Hellhole before that, even during the human era.-

-Human Era? -The Starter never heard those words before. -What is the Human Era?-

Even after living inside the Lab for so long, he has no idea what a human was.​
-Sigh. I guess I better tell you about them. You might wanna take a seat, this is gonna be a Long Story.-

And like that, She started with this odd bedtime story.​

…​

Once upon a time; a very, very long time; There was a particular race that coexisted alongside us the Pokemon: The Human Race.​

-The human race? How did they look like?-

It doesn't matter. Anyways, despite not having any of our incredible abilities or physical prowess, these humans were able to impose control over all of us; thanks to their Amazing knowledge, and devices known as Pokéballs.​

-Holly Molly, were they really that bad?-

It wasn't so bad, both sides seemed to reach an agreement, we could´ve overpowered easily them after all: They would command us and raise us, and in exchange we protect them from any harm, including from our fellow Pokémon. As the decades passed, we starter to develop a closer and closer bond. With our united strengths, we were able to create a perfect society, where we could all coexist in peace and harmony, as the best of friends. ​

-But, if things were going so great, then what happened to them?-

Some Pokemon, known to possess Legendary Powers, started to fight against each other in a world-wide war. Nobody knew the real reason behind this scruffle; but one thing was certain, none of them held back. This war lasted weeks; We were able to endure the chaos, but the humans weren't as lucky: And when the Legendaries ceased to battle, and banish from the land, the human race went extinct, and our perfect society ceased to exist.​

It was pandemonium: We were forced to kill in order to survive, others tried and failed to restore civilization; and the rest just used this opportunity to cause pain and misery, and do terrible actions without having to face any consequences.​

-Wow… That's unbelievable... One final question: What do you think is gonna happen next?-

If I'm being honest with you, I have no fucking idea.​

…​

The story was quite a handful, but at least managed to tired the Mudkip out. The Poochyena was also out of energy, today´s been a hard day; but before she could fall asleep, She witnessed how the Starter was happily cuddling next to her. ​

She didn't even tried to fight it, and just joined him, with a smile of pure joy on her face.​
-Sweet Dreams, my friend.- And like that, the two rest, preparing for a new tomorrow.​

The next day arrived, but no sunlight could be spotted anywhere; The clouds were blocking the sky, and drops of water fell from the sky. The Poochyena was the first one to wake up, and was immediately shocked by the Weather plaguing the area. These were bad news for the duo: In a matter of seconds, the blood around their bodies began to wash away, and their bushes is falling falling apart by the humidity.​

-Mudkip….Wake up…..We have to run, right now!-

They were exposed.. Our Dark couldn't wait any longer, and grabbed the Starter to run away from that area.​

-There they are, the rebel and the Mudkip, after them!- Other Poochyenas were right on their tail.​

She moved as fast as she could. But in every single corner, she could spot each and every single one of her former comrades. And just when she was about to lose them, her path was blocked by even more of those creatures, the duo were completely surrounded in a matter of minutes.​

There´s so many of them, but the duo have reached so far to give up here. If they managed to defeat the elite trio, then taking down these chumps was a possibility. -So, the fucking weakling has finally returned home.-

The Alpha has arrived, and his presence alone was enough to shake the Poochyena in fear.​
-You just abandoned us for a day, and look at the shit you got yourself into.-

-Excuse me!- The Mudkip was upset, his best friend was suffering. -Who gave you the right to torment my bestie!-

-This is none of your fucking business.- The Mightyena slashed The Starter´s Face. -I´m her Alpha, and I do what I want with her.-

The Small Poochyena could only watch the brutal attack in absolute horror; the fear was paralysing her body yet again, there's nothing she could do.​

-First you get my best troops killed, and now you are just standing there like the coward you really are.- The Alpha was done with her, and set his attention towards the Mudkip. -I always knew you were a failure of a Poochyena, but at least you got us one good thing.-

She had enough: Using the last of her strength, She rushed towards the Alpha, and went right for the Throat. ​

-The only fucking failure in this fucking nightmare is you, father.-

If only that would've killed him. But no, The Alpha dodged the attack, slashed The Poochyena yet again, and pushed her next to the Mudkip.​

-You´re not even worth my fucking time.- The Mightyena was done with these two disgraces. -Get them boys, they´re all yours!-

-Mudkip, You´re still here?- They were both heavily injured, unable to move. -I just want you to know, It was a pleasure traveling with you.-

-Mine too, best buddy.- The two hold hands, and prepared for the end.​

Guards. That's weird, the duo swore they heard something. GUARDS. The voice, it was getting louder. -GUARDS! BOSS, THE GUARDS ARE COMING!-

Within the blink of an eye, a huge army of Normal Type Pokémon arrived at the scene: From Delcatties, to Linoones, to even some Zangooses; all present to fend off the Pack. The Alpha knew this was a losing battle, and ordered his troops to retreat, but not before spitting at the duo out of spite.​

The Poochyena and The Mudkip were still awake, but were still unable to move.​

-I told you.- The Zigzagoon from earlier could be seen giving directions to a Linoone. -There was Mudkip on the loose here.-

-They need medical attention immediately.- The Normal Types proceeded with carrying the duo. -We´ve been ordered to bring them back home, alive.-

-Wait..Hold On.- The Poochyena wanted to ask something, before she could pass out. -You got Orders? … Orders from who?-

-From The King.- The Guards then took the Unconscious duo, back to the City of Petalburg.​

Mudkip, Sassy Nature
Poochyena, Gentle Nature

Previous / Next

Here´s Chapter Four Ready to go: Where our duo will continue with their journey, tie up loose ends, and learn some new things along the way.

Let´s get this out of the way, We all knew our Poochyena eventually had to confront her former pack, just as she had to confront her father.
And let´s be real, even with Mudkip on her side, these two wouldn´t stand a chance against them; they are not strong enough, yet.

The Story about the Human Era and how the Apocalypse started was only meant to teach the Mudkip about how his world turned out like this, and to have more interactions between our main characters. Fun Fact: this was originally supposed to be the prologue of this run, similar to The Aftermanth´s, but was scrapped later on because it wouldn´t fit it with the rest of the series.

In other news, Run Away, Survivors now has an official banner here on the Forums.

Thanks to the new Promotion in the forums, and with the help of some resources provided, I finally got the motivation to make a proper banner.
And that´s not all: Both the Aftermath and The Last of Me will also get their own later in time.

Thank you all for reading this update, and I´ll hope to see you next chapter, where we will meet some, interesting people.

Have a nice evening everybody!!

Last edited:

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
-Can you hear me?-​

The Poochyena heard some voices, as she wakes up from what it seems like a long coma.
-Hello...Can you hear me?- A Spinda was asking the Dark type.​

Both her and the Mudkip ended up inside a small tent, with all of their wounds completely healed. This must´ve been some sort of medical facility.​

-Pal...Where are we?- The Starter asks, as multiple Pokémon were looking at him, completely disrespecting his personal space, they never looked at a Mudkip before. -I´m feeling very uncomfortable right now.-​

-Get away from him you shitheads.- The Poochyena fend them off, and they obeyed out of fear of a potential attack. -And where the fuck did you send us to?-​

-You are now inside of the Kingdom.- A Vigoroth appeared in front of the duo. -And we saved you from those savages on behalf of our King. He wants a private audience with you.- If those Pokémon managed to take The other Poochyenas, then she and the Mudkip have even less of the chance against them. ​

-Alright, so where is your so called King at?-​

-At the Gym Building, place shouldn't be hard to spot.- The duo was then escorted out of the tent by the Vigoroth.
-Be quick; and for the love of god, do NOT piss him off.-​

And like that, the group set their foots on the Kingdom.​

For a fallen Human City taken over by Pokémon, Petalburg really looks the part: The houses were repurposed, or replaced by tents; Guards and torches are located all over the perimeter; and there was an enormous amount of Normal Type Pokémon, all walking and minding their own unique businesses in peace. Neither The Mudkip, or The Poochyena of all people, were able to believe such a place could exist; the duo could only stare, and wonder about so many things.​

-Out of my way, dirty plebeians.- During their distraction, they were shoved aside by a Delcatty.

-Hey, what gives!- Of course Our Dark type would call the Prim Pokémon out for this inconsiderate behavior.​

-Hey, don´t put this on me.-The Normal Type replies.-I'm just following the boss's orders.-​

-Wait, what´s a boss?- The Mudkip joins in.-I can only see one mean Pokémon.-​

-I think it's referring to me.- As soon as those words came out, a small and fragile looking individual arrived from the back of the Delcatty.
This was none other, than a Ralts.​

-Salutations. My name is Raphael Charles III.- The Psychic types made quite an introduction, with a stare of repulse towards the Duo. -I would ask you for your names, but I really doubt a bunch of savages like you even deserve such a prestige.-​

Neither of them reacted to those insults: The Mudkip didn't understood them, and The Poochyena has recieved way worst. And with a Delcatty under his command, it was best to avoid any conflict.​

-Good, I love it when people like you know their place.-The Ralts then looked at the Starter, and immediately noticed his poor physical condition.-You know; If it weren't for that putrid Stench coming out of that mutt, and that ugly face of yours, you could´ve been a perfect pet.-​

Good grief, that guy was an asshole. -Sorry for taking up your precious time.- The Dark type was about to vomit just by looking at him. -But we have an appointment with the King.-​

-I pity you, having to deal with a brute like him.- Raphael got tired of being around them, and called the Delcatty to escort him. -Enough traveling around, I think it's time to return. There's A buffet waiting for me at home.-​

The Ralts and his guard then left the Kingdom, The Duo could only hope to never run into that entitled snob ever again. ​

Back in the business at hand, the duo had to get towards the Gym, and meet up with the King at last. As expected, the building had guards all over the place, more than twice of those protecting the entirety of the city.​

-Hey, Over here!- Some Linoones at the gate were calling from a distance. -Our highness is getting tired of waiting.- The normal types escorted them inside. The halls were something straight out of a fairy tale: Mountains of food, coins, and even some pieces of art, and they haven't even reached the main room.​

The Poochyena noticed something odd about the guards; the closer they were all getting, their bodies could tremble more and more. This didn't speak wonders for this self-proclaimed monarch, if his own tropes are scared of him. They all eventually reached the throne; where a Single Slaking was awaiting them, sitting in what it seems like a pile of expensive furniture, to accommodate his gigantic size.​

-ALL HAIL KING SLADE ANDREW II!- The Linoones immediately kneeled upon looking at the Lazy Pokémon. -WE BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT RULER OF PETALBURG.-​

Both The Poochyena and the Mudkip were confused at this behavior, and refused to move a finger, something that concerned the Normal types. -What the fuck are you doing? Kneel down before he losse….-​

The Slaking then smacks his armchair with one fist, and the shaking earth caused by his might was enough to scare off the four Pokémon.

-Must I remind you who gives the orders around here?…-​

The Linoones refused to talk back, and just plead for his forgiveness. And that´s when the king set his eyes upon our duo, who were trembling after seeing him.​

-I guess you two won't be needing more of an introduction. So I'm just gonna tell you how things work under my kingdom.-

With a snap of a finger, the guards snatched The Poochyena´s bag, and gave it to him.​

-My forces saved your lives back there, and now they belong to me.- The Slaking then just straight up devours all the berries they had, all while they watched. -I don´t know where you go this delicious threats, but you better start searching more of them-​

-Excuse me- The Mudkip wasn´t able to understand, and his curiosity was bigger than his fear.- But, what happens if we don´t get the berries?-Both the Poochyena and the Linoones refused to believe what he just said; and the guards were about to beat him up for such insubordination.​

-Stop, don't do anything to him- The king ordered.-He's just a kid, probably doesn´t understand how this world truly works.- ​

The Slaking, after taking a long breath, encouraged the starter to come closer.​

-You reminded me when I was a small Slakoth, I also had no idea about anything about this mess of a land.- The Mudkip was growing fond of his words, and listened in curiosity.- Thankfully, My father, King Andrew Slade The First was here to guide me.-​

The Poochyena refused to thrust on the normal type, she knew he was luring her friend into a false sense of security, and began snarling in disapproval. Not that she could do anything else with the Linoones watching her every move.​

-In less than a year, he managed to have an army of Pokémon under his control, with his immeasurable strength and powerful personality.- The Mudkip was right in front of him, he got him where he wanted.- And when he … passed away, I made sure to follow on his fucking footsteps.-​

The Slaking then smacked the little boy with a single swing, without getting off his throne; The Water type flew all over the room, and crashed straight into a wall.​

-MUDKIP!- The Poochyena tried to help him, but the Guards were holding her back.​

-Don´t even try it you miserable mutt, you couldn't even save yourselves from those other savages.- The King then ordered to get those two out of his sight.-You have a week to deliver the food, if you know what's good for you.-​

The Linoones grabbed the duo by force, and escort them out of the Gym.​

-Mudkip, are you OK?- The Poochyena was very concerned about her friend´s wellbeing.​

-I´m not sure- The Starter didn't show to suffer any deep injury, but his mood was a different story- Am I fine?-​

-You´re fine- One the guards joined in the conversation.-And good riddance, the doctor won't be able to heal you after what you did.-​

-Consider yourself lucky for still being able to breath.- The other one replies.- Specially since you´ll have to return to Route 102 to get more of those berries.-​

The Dark Type couldn´t believe what she just heard, they were about to throw them back with those other Poochyenas. This was bullshit, they won't be able to survive another encounter with her father and his pack.​

She was desperate to escape, but there were guards almost anywhere she looks; although, there was an entrance located on the west side of Petalburg, and no guards could be spotted outside. This was strange, but they had no other choice.​

-Mudkip! Go for the eye!- After hearing the command, the Starter wasted no time throwing a Mud Slap at one of the Linoones while the Dark Type bit the arm off the other. Now free, the two ran away towards the exit as fast as possible, with the guards chasing after them.

But what none of them knew, is that some sort of Bird Pokémon was watching them near the aforementioned exit, with blood on her talons.​

-Interesting…. These two might be what we were looking for.-​

Mudkip, Sassy Nature
Poochyena, Gentle Nature

Previous / Next

On today´s update; The Duo will visit The "Kingdom" of Petalburg, and meet a couple of interesting people.​
King Andrew is the The Norman equivalent of the Story, as the Angry Monarch who rules Petalburg with an iron fist.​

I really want apologize to all Wally fans; I really love the character, but Raphael has to be the way he is for story purposes; as well as to contrast more with our duo, specially with The Poochyena.​

I´m really excited for the upcoming Chapter, as it will feature some important events; including somethin we´ve been waiting for a very, very long time.​

Thanks as usual for reading, and I´ll see you next update.​

Last edited:

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Everyone’s such a grouch in the Apocalypse. Makes the Mudkip’s optmism a nice breath of fresh air!

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Everyone’s such a grouch in the Apocalypse. Makes the Mudkip’s optmism a nice breath of fresh air!
I know, Right?

Once again, Our Duo had to Run Away to save their lives: They escaped from The Petalburg Kingdom by sheer luck, with only two Linoones chasing after them. The normal types were leagues faster than them, it was a matter of time before they get captured yet again. Poochyena thought fast, and told Mudkip to scatter; but that´ll only buy them little time before the inevitable. ​

The Linoones were persistent, and nothing will prevent them from accomplishing their mission. ​
Or so they though, until a small golden Sphere fell out of a tree.​

-No way, Is this a real Nugget!- They didn't waste time, and observed the mineral.-We´re in luck, this will fit in with our collection of round objects.-​
The Duo could only stare in awe as the guards get distracted with such a useless object.​

-Over here- A voice called them on top a nearby tree.-Hurry up, that Nugget won't distract them forever.- The two followed the advice, and climbed to the top as fast as possible. By the time The Linoones put the Nugget away, the duo was already out of sight.​

-Damn, I can't believe we lost them. We are gonna get executed for this.-​
-Not if we blame this on the gate patrols. Come on, let's return to Petalburg.-​

From a distance, our duo witnessed the two guards retreating, they were safe at last.​
However, they began to wonder who was the one that saved them, and why.​

-Alright, I think the coast is clear- The same voice from earlier could be heard.- Good Job Team! Time to rendezvous for a celebration!- In a distance, one could see two Pokémon climbing out of the same tree where the Nugget fell from: One was a Zigzagoon, and the other was a Dustox.​

-Oh jolly, that was a fun plan.- The Tiny Racoon Pokémon was literally jumping her way out.​
-That was a dangerous plan, that's what it was!- The Bug Type, on the other hand, descended at a much slower pace.-Who knows what would've happened if you didn't had that Nugget with you.-​

-But Walter, you don't have to worry about that- The Normal type tried to cheer up her friend.- We succeeded, and that's all that truly matters.-​

These two Pokémon are having a nice interaction with each other, they even have names for each other. This was an surreal experience for our duo to see: The Mudkip was happy to see this, while the Poochyena couldn´t help but have her suspicions about them.​

-What are you two still doing here?- The Voice then slightly pushed our duo out of hiding.- Now don't be a stranger, and join the party.-​

As the two fell into the ground, they could see how the strangers were looking at them, with the Zigzagoon in particular staring with overwhelming joy.​

-OH...MY...GOODNESS!- The Normal type couldn't contain her excitement anymore, and rushed towards the Mudkip to get a closer look.- I can't believe it, I have the chance to meet a real living Mudkip face to face, and he looks sooooo cute.-​

The starter was showered with love, he wasn't sure if he should back off or let it be. The Poochyena wasn't having it however, and demanded to let go of him. The little girl got scared upon looking at the scarred Dark type, and quickly complied with the demand.​

-I apologize for my pal Zoey here, she can get like this when she meets new Pokémon.- At last, the leader finally got in front of our due to introduce herself. ​

And this leader, was none other than a Taillow.​

-My name´s Tony, And is a pleasure to meet you two!- This small bird then made a salute of respect to the pair. ​

The Mudkip was amazed upon seeing the other trio and their actions, but The Poochyena couldn't help but to suspect about their true intentions.​
-Thank you all for saving us.- The Starter of course was happy, it's been awhile since he met someone who didn't want to hurt or kill him.​

-There´s no need to thank us.- Tony pat Mudkip in the head.-It's always a pleasure to help and protect our fellow Pokémon.-​

-Alright, cut the crap.-Poochyena wasn't having it, and knocked the wing off of her friend´s head.​
-Why did you really help us? Or better yet, what do you want in return?-​

-Relax, we don't want nothing- The Taillow couldn't help but admire her distrust towards them.- And can´t you help us, is not an everyday thing to find a breathing living Mudkip in the wild.-​

-Also known as the Mud Fish Pokémon.- Zoey joins in the conversation.- And one of the three Starters of the Hoenn Region.- The duo was shocked at how much the Zigzagoon knew about Mudkips, and asked where she learned all of this. Zoey then reached out a bag hidden in some bushes, and retrieved a large old book she could barely carry.​

-This, is my Pokémon Encyclopedia.- The Normal type showed the page featuring the Starter. Even though he couldn't read any of the text, the pictures of others of his kind was enough to make him stare at with wonder. Over 192 different Pokémon, of different shapes and sizes, coming from multiple ecosystems, all of them could be seen on each page of this marvelous document. Hariyamas, Electrikes, and even Shedinjas, among many others​

-Hold on, something´s not good.- The Mudkip breezed through the entire book, but the last page was the one with a scary-looking Steel Type with a Cross on it´s face, everything else was ripped out of the book.​

-I´m sorry, but those pages have been missing ever since I found the book.- Zoey explains to him.- But that doesn't mean I won´t find them eventually.-​

The other three Pokémon watch in silence as the other two are having so much fun together.​
-So.- The Poochyena breaks the ice. -What are you three doing in here?-​

-Let´s just say, we are travelers about to migrate into a better place.-The dark type could only raise an eyebrow as those words came out of Tony´s mouth. ​
-It´s not easy to survive in these lands, not with those Petalburg guards stealing all the food.- Walter explains.- We have to leave, and we gotta do it now.-​

-Well, I wish you good luck with that.- The Poochyena smiled for a moment.- This was fun, but I think is time we go our separate ways.-​

-Owww, We are leaving?- The Mudkip was a little sad now that his playtime with Zoey and the book were over, but he had to continue his journey with his friend. Both Zoey and Will waved and wish them the best of luck, but Tony couldn't help but just wonder.​

-Hey Wait up!!- The Taillow shouts, wondering about the potential of those two.-You guys don't need to leave; how about we all travel together?- Tony´s proposal caused quite the shock to our duet: The Mudkip was more than excited to travel with more friends, but the Poochyena was skeptical about this.​

But when you think about it, that really sounds like an incredible idea: Mudkip, Poochyena, Taillow, Dustox, Zigzagoon. The five of them can cover a lot of ground together, and achieve far more than each of them individually. Or like Mudkip once said, with their strengths combined, nothing could stop them.​

-So, what do you say?- Walter asked, upon seeing the smiles on the duo's face.​
-We´re gonna have so much fun together.-Zoey continues.-Like a big happy family.-

Family. That word triggered something inside the dark type, upon hearing it just once.​
-I´m sorry, but we can't join you.- They could all hear the sadness in her voice. Not even the Mudkip questioned her, he understood why she said that.​

-Wait, why you don´t wanna hang out us?- Tony questions, but the Poochyena stays quiet.​

-Hey, she says she doesn't want to join.-Mudkip speaks out, keeping his guard up.-Respect her wishes.-​

-But, we cannot do this trip without you.- Walter tries to convince her.- We need your help, both you and the Mudkip.- ​

He shouldn't have said that.​

-So that's what this is about.- The Poochyena now understood everything.-You don't want us around, you just want to have Mudkip under your command.-​

If she was in doubt before, then that statement made her sure about her decisions. She and the Mudkip didn't wanna deal with this anymore, and move on with their journey. They were getting away, Tony had to something to not miss this opportunity; so, as a final desperate attempt, The Taillow flew right in front of them, blocking all possible ways.​

-You do know there´s only one way this could possibly end.- Poochyena then began to snarl at them.​

-I do- Tony didn't stand a chance against them, even with her team.-That´s why I am challenging you to a duel, one on one.- The Dark type didn´t have time for this, but she agrees on listening, if it means not having to deal with those assholes any longer.​

-You and Me Girl, no help from our friends.- The Taillow was getting pumped up.-If I win, you two get to join our team, and we will travel together as only friends.- Of course, The Poochyena refuses this crazy proposal, considering it just senseless violence.​

-But if you win, then WE join your team.- Those words really shocked everyone in the area.​

-So, What do you say, shall we….- A Tackle coming right straight to the bird already gave away the answer. ​

The Taillow extended her wings,and flew sky high; She had the upper hand when it comes to terrain, there's nothing that stopped her from bombarding the opponent with a barrage of Pecks to every inch of the Poochyena´s fragile body. The Mudkip watched in horror as his friend was attacked in such brutal fashion, but even he could notice how calmed The Dark Type was reacting to all of this.​

All those Pecks did cause quite the pain, but this pain meant nothing to her, not anymore. ​

Tony may be a fast opponent, but her attacks were as predictable as they could be; it only took about a minute to predict her movement patterns, and strike back with a vicious Tackle. Our Poochyena didn't hold anything back; with her opponent knocked out, she rushed in and bit on one of her talons. Tony couldn´t escape, the grip was too strong to let go, but wasn´t hard enough to cause serious injuries. ​

But before anyone could expect the worst, Poochyena slammed the bird into the floor, before letting her go completely. ​
-You know what, this isn't even worth it.- ​

The Mudkip got to her side, with a sad expression on his face, and the two silently left the route, for once and for all.​

-Listen, we are really sorry about this.- Walter mentions, while he and Zoey help Tony up.-Maybe it´s for the best if we…..-​

-Save it.- The Poochyena sighs, as she makes one final decision.- You can follow us if you want, I don't give a fuck about that anymore.-​

Everyone cheered in happiness upon listening those words. Mudkip went ahead and hugged the trio, excited to travel with Zoey and the others, and to had made even more friends on his journey. - Miss Tony, Mister Walter, Miss Zoey; We´re so happy to meet you.-​

That's when the trio realized, neither of those two had a name of their own.​

-I got the perfect names for them.- Zoey shouted with joy- How about we call them Miles The Mudkip, and Phoebe the Poochyena.-​

-Miles, I love it.- The Mudkip Smiled upon hearing of his new name.​
-Meh, I've been called worse.- Poochyena secretly liked her name as well, but prefers not to show it.- Now move it, we've been here for far too long.-​

Under those orders, the FIve Pokémon finally left Route 104, to head towards Petalburg Forest. ​
Tony was the last one to go; smiling to herself about her success, as she fully recovered from the battle​

-Is a pleasure to meet you too, Phoebe and Miles.-​

Miles
Sassy Nature
Phoebe
Gentle Nature

Tony
Naughty Nature
Walter
Bashful Nature
Zoey
Sassy Nature

Previous / Next

Well, that happened.

I think it was about to time to introduce new Team members. Even though their meeting with the duo was ... fairly rough, and maybe a tad rushed, I can see this trio becoming such amazing friends for Miles and Phoebe in the near future.

The Encyclopedia will be the replacement for The Pokédex for the story; It´ll be very useful for this journey, believe me.

Speaking off, We finally have names for the Duo. Took me long enough.

As for where did I catch this trio: Zoey is from Route 103, I just now introduce her since I needed to flesh out the duo first; Walter is from Route 104, I introduced him as a Dustox instead of a Wurmple to keep up with the pacing; and the peculiar Tony, she´s from Petalburg Woods.

Don´t forget to tune in for the next chapter, where the new group will make their first journey together, into the deepest of the woods.
Thanks to everyone for reading, Hope you all enjoyed it, and I wish you the best of days.

Last edited:

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
Miles' optimism/childish nature is a very nice contrast to the rest of the characters you've established so far. Can't wait to see what's next.

Izuna's Spider

Here for the fun
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 21, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Miles and Phoebe, those names suit them. Nice way how they got them.

Also it's kind of funny that the Route you caught Zoey is the same one I once caught my Zigzagoon

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Miles' optimism/childish nature is a very nice contrast to the rest of the characters you've established so far. Can't wait to see what's next.
Miles is such a cinnamon bun, and nothing bad will ever happen to him. Wait.....

Miles and Phoebe, those names suit them. Nice way how they got them.

Also it's kind of funny that the Route you caught Zoey is the same one I once caught my Zigzagoon
HIgh Five for our Zigzagoons.

So, I have some news: Due to a couple of difficulties (Running out of buffer, Incoming Midterm Exams, setting up the Aftermath finale, among many Many MANY others) Run Away, Survivors will take a small hiatus, and will come back between early and mid June.

Thanks a lot for the consideration, and I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Yeah, High Five for the Zigzagoon power
Zigzagoon FTW!!!

Greetings, I´m here to give some news about Run Away, Survivors: First is that the Run will comeback on June 21st, with the release of Chapter 07.
And second, we now have mirror on AO3; If anyone want to check it out, here´s the link.

Thank you all for the consideration, and I´ll see you next Sunday.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
And we´re officially out of the hiatus, with the late release of Chapter 07.

-Everyone, Everyone!- Among the deepest part of the Petalburg Woods, a single voice was shouting to anyone who would listen to its words and fear. ​

-Everyone, There's A Poochyena on the loose!- A small Shroomish warned all the local Pokémon about this dangerous individual coming towards them. When this Dark type finally arrived alongside four other Pokémon, pandemonium strikes.​

-Oh no, They are back!- The Scars on the Pokémon´s face was the icing on the cake.- They´re coming for us, run for your lives!- Phoebe witnessed how everyone escapes from her in absolute terror, just by appearance alone. ​

This wasn't something new to her, but it was such an annoyance every single time it happens.​

-Well, that's Petalburg Woods for you.- Tony remarks as the bird introduces this new area to the rest of the group. These woods were small, and somehow expansive at the same time: Tall trees cover the sunlight with an eternal shadow, vegetation is a large as one could imagine, and never ending amount of Pokémon hiding behind the near pitch-dark surroundings. ​

The eye sights of both Phoebe and Miles had difficulty adapting to the low brightness, it was almost as dark as a night on Route 102; thank goodness it was early in the morning, our duo would´ve been vulnerable if the sunlight vanished from the sky.​

-It´s gonna take a day or two to reach the other end of the woods.- The Taillow informs, while taking a look at the surroundings.-Looks like the coast is clear, we better move out before the Kingdom sends any of its collectors.- The Five Pokémon then proceed to walk on the main road; and with everyone else afraid of Phoebe, this trip will hopefully go out without a hitch. But one can never be too careful.​

Our group keeps scrolling at a regular pace across the woods: Phoebe and Tony keep an eye out for any danger, Miles and Zoey observe with wonder at this unfamiliar environment, and Walter was overwhelmed by a sense of concern; the place is not hostile, and yet The Dustox shakes in fear like he's about to collapse.​

-Buddy, Is everything Ok?- His behavior didn't go unnoticed by the others, Zoey was the first to try to help him out.​

-No, not everything.- By the way his body acted, and the gestures he displays, this was serious stuff.​
- Pals, Can we take a look at something around here? Is very important to me.-​

Phoebe was against this idea, they can't afford to waste any time around here, but Tony and the rest are on the Bug Type´s side.- We have enough time to check on his stuff, the Kingdom won´t be collecting food any time soon.-​

-Fine, it's your choice.- The Dark Type waits until Walter leads the others before she and Mudkip could follow them. She doesn't trust them after all, not yet at least.​

...​

It took a while, but The Dustox and company reached a couple of trees in the middle of the Woods. There was nothing special inside them, nothing that could make them stand out. Good. ​

-Hello…. Is anyone there.- Walter whispers as quietly as one can be.- It's me Walter.- ​
From there, a small Wurmple comes out of the Trees, identifies him, and takes a look at the area.- The coast is clear, we can come out!.- ​

Within seconds, a small number of Wurmples rushed in to smother Walter in a huge group hug.​

-Aww, thank you. I missed you guys too.-​

-Ahhh, It's A Poochyena, and a Taillow!- one of the Bug types spotted Phoebe, and everyone hide behind Walter; he acted fast and told everyone they're friends of him, and managed to calm things down just a little bit. ​

The small bugs were so concerned about Phoebe and Tony, they didn't even notice the living Mudkip right in front of them.​

The remaining quartet stared in awe as the Hive displays so much affection to each other, sincere unconditional affection, something they have never experienced in their lives.​

-So … Do any of you have a family as well?- Tony tried to break the awkward silence, by asking an even more awkward question. ​

-I ... never met my mother.- Phoebe´s answer came out of nowhere.-Only had my old man and other siblings, and you can guess how well that shit went.-Her scars were enough proof.​

-And Phoebe is the only family I have.- Miles states with an adorable smile on his face.- But please, don´t makes us interact with anyone of her family.-​

-My family were cool, but were way too strict for my liking.- The Taillow joins in with her own answer.​
- I needed to travel on my own, and prove then I can take care of myself.-​

-What about you Zoey?- Miles was so curious about her family; With how cheerful and friendly she is, she must have an incredible upbringing. Right...right? But no, The Zigzagoon got really sad after hearing him, and refused to say a word.​

-Wow, I´m so sorry Zoey.-​

-Is alright.- She forgives him.- You didn't knew, none of you knew.- She was right, not even Tony was informed of her childhood experiences.-But that's in the past, and I must move on.- Zoey returned to her cheerful attitude, as she was surrounded by her beloved friends.​

-Wait a minute, where is mom and dad?- Walter could only see his siblings, but his parents were nowhere to be found. -They went to reach the berries for the kingdom.- One of the Wurmples- But they should've come back here by now.- Everyone on the perimeter heard that last statement, and the concerns rose because of it. -We better go search for them before is too late.- Walter didn't hesitate to take charge on this situation.- Tony, can you take care of the others until we get back?-​

-Of course, you can count on me.- The Taillow agrees on helping, and the remaining four rushed into the forest and began searching.​

...​

With all local Pokémon still hiding, the group had a hard time looking for the parents. It would take a lot of time to search around the entire woods, and they didn't had that much time. Maybe if Phoebe could identify their smell, she might track them with ease. ​

The Poochyena found a similar scent to both Walter and the Wurmples from a distance, with everyone following her lead; but at the same time, she also caught another smell, a familiar smell, one she was way too familiar with. ​

Let's just hope her mind is playing games with her, and not what she things it is. But no. Upon reaching almost the end of the woods, Walter could see his parents, a couple of Dustox as well, cornered and threatened by a malicious looking Pokémon. ​

-Listen up, I'm only gonna say this once.- A Poochyena stared at the couple with a cold expression on her face.-You're gonna tell us where you hide your food, and nobody gets hurt. If you Scream or do something funny, then I´ll kill both you, and your family.-​

Phoebe was shocked, to say the least. They were of the same species, but the two couldn´t be any more different: She might have more scars, but there's still some hope and innocence deep within herself, as small as it can be; the other one, however, has lost it all, you could see that just by looking at her cold emotionless stare. Aside from her expressions, this new Poochyena looked a bit older, and the only mark she has is an A symbol carved on her arm. ​

The Poochyena displays an aura of intimidation never before seen by our own dark type, only comparable to that of her poor excuse of a father figure.​

-Phoebe, do you recognize that meanie?- Miles tries to whisper to his friend, as the past memories still haunt his mind. The other Poochyena didn't look like she belongs to any of the local packs, and the symbol is not present on any of the territories. ​

So, she´s either from a brand new pack; or like our own Poochyena, she's going independent.​

Hidden within the bushes, the group looked the terrific situation from a distance: Walter was concerned about his parents; Miles and Phoebe were scared of this familiar foe; and Zoey got anxious upon looking at the aforementioned symbol, but she´s unable to figure out why. ​

They had to do something, and had to do it quickly. ​

-Who the fuck´s in there!- Of course the Dark Type would be able to detect Phoebe´s scent as well. -Show yourself before I come over there myself.- That's when they realise, she was only one Pokémon, there's no way she can take the four of them on her own. Caution was the name of the game, even if they can outnumber her, she can still hurt one of them.​

Just one strike, just one move, and the four Pokémon quickly surrounds the foe, keeping both the guard, and their distance, always up. -Fuck this- The Poochyena knew this a fight she can´t win, specially against three fully evolved Pokémon - Their food is not worth this shit.- ​

She proceeds to run away, without even wondering about Phoebe, or even Miles presence. But that doesn´t matter, what truly matters is that Walter´s parents are safe now, and is about to time to reunite with the rest of the family.​

...​

The group didn't waste any more time, and returned to the main nest, where all the Wurmples received both their parents, and their big brother, in a big familiar hug. -Thank goodness everyone is still alright.- Our Dustox was crying upon reuniting with his entire family.- I don´t know what I would've done if I lost any of you.-​

As the family cheers, Tony catches on with the others. -So the parents really were ambushed by another Poochyena?- The Taillow asks, after looking at the fear and concerned within their eyes; Seeing such a scary, and yet such a familiar looking Pokémon must be a hard thing to experience. Phoebe wondered the most; she thought Poochyenas only resided in her homeland, but that's no longer the truth.​

- That sounds intense, I wonder where she came from?-​

-The Alphas.- One of the parents responded to her question.- She's with that cursed gang.-​
-Thank goodness it was only one this time.- The other one continued.- Because I´d rather deal with the Kingdom than risk running into more of them.- ​

-Well, that's … something.- Walter was trembling upon hearing those words.- But I guess that's One more thing to worry about on our trip.-​

-Big brother, do you really have to go?- The Wurmples were all dropping tears of sadness.-​
-I really don't want to leave either, but we all know the rule upon coming of age.- The entire family was upset, having to let children go to make sure there's enough food for the others is as heartbreaking as it can be. But that's what it has to be done to survive.​

-Please, remember to visit us whenever you can.- The Parents joined in with the crying.- And don´t forget, we are always here for you if you need it.- So, one last time, the bug types hugged together, as they bid farewell to Walter. ​

The group was so moved by the display of affection, they couldn't help but to join in as well, before leaving them for good.​

The collectors weren't here yet, it's better if the group leave the woods as soon as possible, while there's still sunlight up in the sky. ​

-You have quite the lovable family.- Miles says to Walter as the five keep on running.​

-I know right.- The Dustox replies in return, with a smile on his face.- I was lucky to have them, and I'm more than grateful for everything they did for me.​

-Having a good family shouldn't be something to be lucky of.- That phrase didn't sit well with Phoebe, with her own terrible family​
- Or to be fucking grateful for.-​

-But whether or not our families were good or not, I´m more than happy to have you all as my friends.- Zoey states in a very bittersweet manner.- Which reminds me, does anyone know where are we heading to next?-​

-If the Mudkip´s map is correct.- Tony lead the group as she flies at moderate speed.​
- We are only a few routes away from our new destination: Rustboro City.-​

With a new target set, our group of travelling Pokémon ran as fast as the wind allows them, without any care in the world. ​
Is funny, they only met for only a day, and already look like a big happy family.​

Miles
Sassy Nature
Phoebe
Gentle Nature
Tony
Naughty Nature
Walter
Bashful Nature
Zoey
Sassy Nature

Previous / Next

Quite ironic that a Chapter about family is published near Father´s Day.
But yeah, this time we focus on Walter and his family while exploring Petalburg Woods.

And about this new Poochyena; she´s a member of The Alphas, who are the Run´s equivalent of Team Aqua.
Both the character and the gang in general will be flesh out in future chapters

Don´t forget to stay tuned for the next chapter, as we traverse towards truly uncharted territory.

Thanks a lot for reading, Happy Father´s Day to everyone, and I´ll see you next Sunday, I hope.

Last edited:

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Hi Everyone, Here´s Chapter 08 ready to go.

With determination, sweat, and a lot of luck; our group of Pokémon got out of Petalburg Woods, just a few moments before one could spot the dark skies of the night. Now they are all standing on the second half of Route 104, a place neither five have ever seen before.

It was getting dark, and everyone felt too tired to continue; they had to spend the night somewhere, if they want to traverse through these areas properly. Luckily for them, right in front of the exit to the woods, there was an old building.

It's an old flower shop, which is ironic considering flowers are the only plants not overwhelming the entire facility.

After a quick check, our group settled in and prepared to sleep. Tony and her friends got close to one another, while Phoebe kept her distance from them. Miles was conflicted, he had to choose between both of his closest of friends.

-Sorry guys, but I´ll stay near Phoebe. - The Mudkip then lied close to the Poochyena, as he's the only one who could stay close to her. -Is alright, we will still be here if you need something. - Zoey responded - Good night everyone, I hope you all have pleasant dreams.

Easier said than done; as everyone already fell asleep, the starter Pokémon´s concern about the group's distance kept him awake. He tried to get in the middle of them, and lower the gap; but he didn't want to leave Phoebe alone, and came back to her side.

...​

On the next morning, the quintet gathered inside the flower shop to discuss their plans for the day. Tony took the initiative, and looked at the surroundings before anyone else could wake up. - Thanks to the good old map, we know Rustboro City is just a few miles from here. - She didn't waste a chance to give indications and tell the others what to do. - And the area seems to be clean, we can go there at our own pace. -

Most of the group was relieved to hear they won't have to battle anyone for now. -Good grief, when was the last time we had a peaceful journey during our adventure? - Walter states.

-A calm stroll down the Route sounds like fun. - Zoey adds in.- Maybe we can even participate into a race to see who arrives there first. -

-I don't know what a race is, but that sounds really fun. - Miles was really into having fun. -Oh, you´re on now!!!-
Tony already knew she had that race in the bag.

-Excuse, sorry to interrupt the moment. - Phoebe had to be the straight mon here and bring her teammates back into reality. - Those Alpha grunts are still on the loose, we can't just fuck around like nothing bad is ever gonna happen, and that's not true. -

Unfortunately, she was right; danger might lurk around these areas, they had to be careful if they want to survive. This is the new region of Hoenn after all. Phoebe didn't hesitate to move on, while everyone else follow her lead feeling bummed out. Miles was sad, his friends were sad; nobody should be sad, so he headed next to the Poochyena and try to talk with her.

-Buddy, why did you say such mean things to them? - He wonders.
-You know full well we can´t let our guards down. - She responds. – Not to mention how rocky our first meeting with those three was to begin with. -

-That´s true, but they were just having fun. - The starter began to wonder. -Don´t you like having fun? - That question really resonated within the Poochyena´s head.

-I … never had a chance to have fun- Her tone lowered down. - I couldn't afford to enjoy things, always had to stay alert for any danger. That, was my fun. -

-Wow. that sounds no good. - Miles teared up a little. - But that was in the past, we now have the chance to live wonderful experiences, with people we can call friends.

-If you need anything, don´t forget we are always here for you. - Those were his last words, before heading back with the others, she needed some time for herself. Phoebe thought about what he said; but, can she really allow herself to be happy, to share nice moments with other People?

After all, they were the only “good” people she met.

Meanwhile, the trio cheered up a little after the conversation, but still had to keep their guards up as they continue walking. Miles got behind them, and tried to start a conversation. -Hey, is it Ok if I ask something personal? - The Mudkip wants to know both sides of the conversation; Tony and company thought it for a moment, before allowing him to proceed. This is gonna get awkward, but they couldn't say no to him.

- Assuming Phoebe wants to be your friend, would you three accept her just like that, no fights and stuff? -

Out of everything he could´ve asked, why he had to choose the most awkward question of them all. Everyone on the room, even Phoebe, hide their face out of cringe and shame. He's A child, sure, but he shouldn't say these things out of the blue, and in public.

-Wow, you sure got us into a tough spot- Tony still has to answer him, and had to be careful about causing more problems that they already have. - Is not that we don't want to be friends. -

-Because of course we do. - Zoey steps in, speaking from the bottom of her heart. - Phoebe IS an amazing person, and the incident from earlier shows she truly cares about us. - Phoebe felt, strange upon hearing those words. It was the first time someone besides Miles says something positive about her. Insults, she knows them all, but cero compliments.

-But friendship is a collaborative game. - Walter, still shaken by the initial shock, has to be the one to deliver the harsh truth. - If both sides refuse to give enough effort, the friendship will never work, even if one really tries its best. - After that, everyone stayed silent, and continued walking without even looking at each other. This conversation has been quite the eye opener for the group, for better and for worst.

...​

Just a few blocks away from the flower shop, and our group already come across a huge river standing between them, and the road towards Rustboro; to add insult to injury, the bridge build to traverse this body of water was long destroyed, leaving nothing more than a dangerous piles of rubble and debris, making more than impossible to traverse through.

Tony and Walter can fly, sure, but the other three won't have it that easy. Not to mention, neither the Taillow nor the Dustox were strong enough to carry one Pokémon. If they want to continue their journey, they'll have to swim their way to the other side.

-Hang on a minute. - Walter was curious about something. - Does Miles even know how to swim? - As far as they knew, the little Mudkip never had the need, or the chance to. That was one of the things neglected by his past insolation and something he´ll have to learn sooner rather than later. And let's not even mention Phoebe´s lack of experience swimming too.

So, Zoey took some distance, before jumping right into the river. Our duo panicked, as on their friend was about to drown; but the others didn't even flinch, they knew that Zigzagoon really well: In just a few seconds, the normal type rose happily from the water.

-This is gonna be amazing!!!- Zoey was swimming around in circles without any care.- I can teach them how to swim, and we are gonna have such a nice time together.- Miles was obviously happy for this, but Phoebe had her concerns; not because of the having fun aspect, but due to her fear of sinking and drowning. However, what other choice did they had, go back and deal with those guards of Petalburg. No, they need to do this.

-Alrighty, then come with me- Zoey encouraged both of our heroes to jump into the water. - Swimming is easy, just need to keep a cool mind, and this is piece of cake. - Miles was the first to go, and of course, he's a natural at this; the Water type starter was in his element, and also began to swim around in circles at amazing speed. -This is incredible! I can breathe underwater! - He experimented as much as he could with this, Zoey even played some games in the water with him to get him to speed.

Phoebe on the other hand, could only look from afar as she refuses to put a foot into the water, witnessing how the others were enjoying themselves together. Tony and Walter even had some fun flying around. the only thing she could do is stare at the river, and her reflection; that's when memories resurfaced. -Hey look, is that weak ass girl again.- Those awful memories of her own siblings beating her up at every chance they got.- Get up girly, and try to fight back.- She may look like them, one of the reasons she hates looking at a mirror; but she's not like them, she has people she that truly cares, and that treats her like an actual person.

Maybe it's time to return that thrust.

-Guys, can you please give me a hand with this? - As soon as those words came out of her mouth, Miles and Zoey got close to her, and help her to get into the water. At first our Poochyena struggled to keep herself afloat, but got the hang of it after a while, and she like it. Who would've guessed swimming was so relaxing, and so serene?

-So, about that race from earlier- Zoey saw how her friend was enjoying herself, and wanted to make things a little more fun. - Wanna see if we can out speed Miles? -

-Sure, let's do it. - Phoebe knew it was a losing battle, but decided to try it anyways.
-So that's what a race is, I´m all for it. - The Mudkip responds.

With Tony and Walter acting as judges, the three Pokémon swam as fast as possible; Our Water starter of course wins by a longshot, so it became more of a battle between the duo. And in the end, they both reached the finish line first.

Nobody won the race, but everyone won something from that experience.

They wanted to keep swimming at the river, but the sun already reached its highest point, and had to get to Rustboro before the night arrives.
-That race was fun- Tony says in a cocky tone. - But now is time to find out who's really the fastest of this gang. - Without objections; Tony, Miles, Walter, Zoey and Phoebe ran as fast they could, to continue their journey towards the iconic City.

This group might be an odd one, but Phoebe couldn't ask for better friends. Although the non-existing presence of any dangerous Pokémon concerns her, but she's glad to have a day to have fun rather without having to deal with any fighting to survive.

And believe me, that's a rare thing nowadays.

Miles
Sassy Nature
Phoebe
Gentle Nature
Tony
Naughty Nature
Walter
Bashful Nature
Zoey
Sassy Nature
Previous / Next

This is just a small chapter focused on developing Phoebe´s relationship with the other group members, as well as to let them have a small bit of fun while they still can. That´s all there is to it.

Don´t forget to stay tuned for next chapter, where we will discover something interesting about Rustboro City.

Thanks a lot for reading, and I wish you all a wonderful day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)