• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Roll to Dodge Roll to Spook

Thread Description
WHY ARE THERE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN OCTOBER

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.
I'm gonna be "that guy" and just set up my house with WAY too many jumpscare decorations and smoke machines.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Well since I just spent a bunch of souls on that house, I should make some back. Good thing I had stocked up on candy corn in case there was a boon, so I’ll buy people’s souls with candy corn.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
alright, the tree is a no-go.

ill just throw all my candy at unsuspecting strangers then.
Throw candy to bring the spooks.
4+1: You manage to pelt quite a few passing folks with a mixture of Kit-Kats, Snickers, and Milky Ways, and make sure to hit every trick-or-treater with the sweet goodness.

I summon Candy Corn Spongebob, the Halloween themed Spongebob
Sweet lord that spooky and a bunch of others.
1+1+1+1: With the power of your summoning ritual, you watch as the candy corn in the area begins to swirl and converge on the circle, and a familiar spongy being begins to form in the vortex. The ritual subsides and left standing in its places is Spongebob, entirely made of candy corn. In a low, hollow voice it utters "I REQUIRE THE CORN". It steps out of of the circle before completely collapsing, leaving a pile of slightly melted candy corn.

that's fine. I keep the Christmas music playing while I start decorating my house with Christmas themed decorations. There's only 59 days till the big day. Gotta get started now!
Ho ho not spooky.
2:You run to every store in town, but are unable to find the amount of decorations you require, you are able to decorate your house with a fake icicle or two and few snowglobes, but the state of your house is pretty dire.

first of all spongebob is too scary because he talks and what on this earth is scarier than an animal that talks

second of all i make krabby patties to hand out to all the little kiddies

this is scary because they'll be expecting candy and what on this earth is scarier than subverting expectations
A. There is a difference between scary and spooky. B. Giving out krabby patties on Halloween isn't spooky, its disgusting.
3+1: You cook a fair few patties for the kiddos, but only a handful actually take them. Maybe its because they don't want a hot greasy meat circle in thier candy bag. You manage to give away about 4 of them.

Well then, I won’t give up so easily on this asshat! I shall summon a demon (or demoness, I believe in equal demon rights) and sell my soul in order to finish my new arch-nemesis!
Spooky demon time.
4+1: With the power of anger and the Halloween night, a humanoid demon with a devil's tail and horn rises from the now red earth. They wondered why you called them for such a petty reason, but they take your soul with a wicked smile regardless. You may now use the demon to destroy your foe however you please.

Hobohunter, it is clear that you don't understand the point of this game.

Which is to celebrate VALENTINE'S DAY BAYBEEE! Only 110 days to go! I arm myself with some Cupid™ arrows of love and start firing them around.

Also, here is a countdown to Valentine's Day just to add to the already considerable hype: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/valentines
Lovely...but not spooky.
2: People wonder what the fuck you are doing looking for Valentine's decorations this time of year, and as expected don't have many. You find a few cheap plastic arrows in places, but firing them causes a lot of pissed off folks.

Cool, the ritual has begun. I"ll begin to sacrifice other holiday mementos to appease the spirit. Some christmas baubles, a couple of four leaf clovers etc
No explicit mention of King Pumpkin but since its for the ritual I imagine the mod would be here. Oh baby here we go.

5+1+1: The air around the ritual begins to thicken, and a bright orange light begins to fill the area. You see a tall, figure rises from as words echo through the street:

At ten months end
sky midnight black,
here comes I,
Great Pumpkin Jack!

The orange lights fades and left standing there is a humanoid figure, ten feet in height, with a tidy black suit and a burning jack-o-lantern as a head.

"Thank you dearly for bringing me here tonight, its been ages since I've been out for a walk." The humanoid says. They point towards the demon Aureum summoned. "I see you even brought Lawrence tonight too huh? Gah hah hah!"

"Well the night is young, so lets this party started!"
The Pumpkin King snaps his fiery fingers and a crowd of skeletons rise from the earth, each with a different jazz band instrument. Somehow without lips or lungs, the boney band begins to play a fast samba, and the entire neighborhood erupts with the dance of the living and dead.

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to...

Pumpkin King's Romp
-This event will last for two rounds, this one not included.
-You may ask the Pumpkin King a spooky and reasonable request, and he may assist you with a +1 modifier.
-People who have done spooky acts for at least two rounds at the end will receive an item of their request, may be requested during the next two rounds.​

Excellent, my carvings have been placed. I now pray to the pumpkin king that no jack o lanterns get smashed on this wonderful holiday
Ooh maintain the spooky.
6+1+1>7: The Pumpkin King hears your plea.
"You are saying people would smash these darling things? Not on my watch!"

Your lanterns emit an orange glow, and are now virtually indestructible. Anyone who touches without good spooks will suffer the Spooktober's Curse for a round, giving a -1 to all actions.
(Note: this does not use your Pumpkin King request.)
yes, yessssssss, this is good
the more people that are consuming candy corn, the stronger i can become!
I keep preaching the gospel of candy corn, distributing it to people as I go.
Gospel of the corn, spooky!
1+1+1: You continue to preach your heart out about the candy, but the ongoing party seems to be distracting from your cause. You give out your corn to a few, but many seem to busy dancing to care.

I'm gonna be "that guy" and just set up my house with WAY too many jumpscare decorations and smoke machines.
Very spooky.
1+1: You've never been great at decorating and it shows. You get a few pretty crappy jumpscares up but they most likely won't work on those above 3. You couldn't find your smoke machines.

Well since I just spent a bunch of souls on that house, I should make some back. Good thing I had stocked up on candy corn in case there was a boon, so I’ll buy people’s souls with candy corn.
Spooky soul buying.
6+1+1 > 7: Good thing you also got your candy corn collection, cause today is the perfect day for soul settlement. You offer the candy corn as a sacrifice, and a whirling vortex of souls comes your way. Everyone, living and dead, feels a bit more hollow inside. You now have at least a few hundred souls, including the souls of all players except Aureum. Pumpkin's King's soul also resisted and the demon didn't have a soul to begin with. You now get a +1 to soul related actions as long as you have the cluster.

Wew that was a lot. Candy corn, Spongebob, and Pumpkin King bonuses end.

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.
Dear god. I did become "that guy."

I will now commence the ritual of crying in the corner whilst consuming chocolate.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Remember kids, I will sell my soul for something that petty, even if it means eternal damnation!

I would like for the demon (aka Lawrence) to turn whatever asshat’s using to play music to turn into an monster bend on destroying its owner!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
Ask the Pumpkin King for a Pumpkin Knight

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
sigh... While I couldn't find my Christmas decorations, I might as well get some candy for trick or treaters.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
You know what if this RtD is so biased against the best holiday I'll just have to ask Jackie Skellatron to go all Nightmare Before Christmas on my Valentine's Day stuff. "Spookify" it, if you will.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
oh i'm sorry
i didn't realize halloween was a time to be mildly perturbed
i thought it was a time to go batshit bananas and haunt trick or treaters until long after the joy of celebrating their favorite holiday has subsided
how foolish of me to believe such a ridiculous assumption

anyways now i'm gonna build a campfire
because while there is nothing on this earth scarier than fire, the small size of the fire and the fact that it's in an easily controllable area means that it is spooky instead of scary
even though HALLOWEEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE SCARY YOU BUNCH OF

Drunken Gazelle

Lord Procrastinator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
His default setting is sarcasm. It is not (always) intentional.
I thank the Pumpkin King for gracing us with his presence this fateful evening. If I'm going to ask anything of him tonight it's for the strength or abilities to wrestle my soul back off of @EeveeFTW . If anyone is having my soul tonight (aside from myself) it'll be offered to the great Pumpkin King!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Wonderful, wonderful! Now that the pumpkins are protected, I ask to join Jack’s skeleton army with my own violin tunes

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Oh, the spookiest is kings! Grant me the power to become the spookiest of witches, such that I can spread the Halloween cheer and convert all nonbelievers!

If possible, I’d like to include an item in this request for assistance as well. And by item, I mean a black cat of minor inconvenience. Cause what’s spookier than seeing a black cat and being unlucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)