• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Roll to Dodge Roll to Spook

Thread Description
WHY ARE THERE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN OCTOBER

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
The smell of candy fills the dreary air. Jack-o-lanterns with candlelight illuminate the streets. You can hear the sound of dentists everyone groan in agony. Some asshat is blasting Spooky Scary Skeletons (The Living Tombstone one). It's official. It's two months before Christmas. Also called Halloween.

Welcome to Roll to Spook! Usual RTD rules, although spooky things will get a +1 Modifier. Getting a 7 means big spook ahead.

Go nuts!

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Usually on Halloween I would be handing out treats to the Trick-Or-Treaters but that asshat is blasting Spooky Scary Skeletons too loud for me! I would like to kick them in the shins.

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is inconcievably cute. It tries to intimidate its foes with its long, luscious locks, but to little avail.
ah, yes, the month of Greater Halloween, the most enjoyable of the Halloween months. And now we are nearing the Peak of Halloween! Such joy. However, I can sense it...there are people who do not understand the wonders of Candy Corn! How uncultured, how bleak their lives must be!

Thus, I would like to go preaching about Candy Corn, and how good it truly is.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
I spook everyone in the thread

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
It's Halloween.
Which means that it's 2 months until December.
Which is 5 months away from May 22, 2020.
Which is when THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE: IT'S A WONDERFUL SPONGE COMES OUT.

To celebrate the next Spongebob movie coming out in about 7 months, I'm going to cover my house in Spongebob decorations.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
make a candy tree that kids can pick the candy right off of

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
I'm gonna kick off the holiday season the right way and blast some good ol fashoined Christmas Music

Drunken Gazelle

Lord Procrastinator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
His default setting is sarcasm. It is not (always) intentional.
Seeing as this is my first Halloween I've ever celebrated I'm going to start this off right. Time to praise the great Pumpkin King! He Shall rise at midnight!

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Buy a haunted house and make friends with all my new ghost roommates.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
There aren’t nearly enough people getting into the Halloween spirit around here. I’m going to carve a bunch of pumpkins and randomly plop them on porches

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him whatever the male ones are idk
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Usually on Halloween I would be handing out treats to the Trick-Or-Treaters but that asshat is blasting Spooky Scary Skeletons too loud for me! I would like to kick them in the shins.
You want to stop spooky jams but to do spooky candy giving, I'll pass it but you are on thin ice for spooks.
3+1: You run up and smash the dude's shins, causing them to wince a bit. They get the message and turn it down a tiny bit, but it is still extremely loud.
ah, yes, the month of Greater Halloween, the most enjoyable of the Halloween months. And now we are nearing the Peak of Halloween! Such joy. However, I can sense it...there are people who do not understand the wonders of Candy Corn! How uncultured, how bleak their lives must be!

Thus, I would like to go preaching about Candy Corn, and how good it truly is.
Candy corn is very spooky.
5+1: You preach to the masses about the glory of the true Halloween candy, and their heart truly glitter with envy. Those who do not have the corn of candy run quickly to thier supermarkets, and those who do fill their bowls high. Any action with Candy Corn has a +1 Modifier next round (Rolls still cannot exceed 7).
I spook everyone in the thread
Spooking is spooky.
3+1: You bring out your trumpet and skeleton and try to spooky everyone in the thread. You spook them quite well, but thier actions are otherwise unimpeded and they remain moderately unspooked.

It's Halloween.
Which means that it's 2 months until December.
Which is 5 months away from May 22, 2020.
Which is when THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE: IT'S A WONDERFUL SPONGE COMES OUT.

To celebrate the next Spongebob movie coming out in about 7 months, I'm going to cover my house in Spongebob decorations.
Spongebob is spongy not spooky.
6: You have covered your house in decorations with such finesse and detail. Every wall is covered in spongy glory. Even passerbys are impressed with your skill. Spongebob related actions have a +1 modifier next round (Rolls cannot exceed 7)

make a candy tree that kids can pick the candy right off of
Candy for the kiddos, good spooky.
2+1: You decorate a fir and tape candy on the tree. Its look kinda tacky tho and the candy falls off shortly after. Damn Scotch Tape.

I'm gonna kick off the holiday season the right way and blast some good ol fashoined Christmas Music
Eww Christmas.
3: You bring out your boombox and start playing some good ol Jingle Bells. Unfortunately, its drowned out by the other side blasting and people start to boo the poor taste in Holiday.

Seeing as this is my first Halloween I've ever celebrated I'm going to start this off right. Time to praise the great Pumpkin King! He Shall rise at midnight!
Pumpkin King nice.
5+1: Your prayer invites many more to join, and the ritual to summon him actually begins, you feel the atmosphere get much spookier, and the air now smells of pumpkin spice. +1 to Pumpkin King rolls next round.

Buy a haunted house and make friends with all my new ghost roommates.
Haunted House big spooks.
4+1: All those souls you saved are now paying off, you buy yourself a spooky place on Midnight Lane. Comes with a spooky ghost roommate named Maurice.

There aren’t nearly enough people getting into the Halloween spirit around here. I’m going to carve a bunch of pumpkins and randomly plop them on porches
Pumpkin carvings are nice spooky.
4+1: You carve a fair few pumpkins and place them on the lawn of a few less spooky houses, including the lawns of The Many of Many Names and hobohunter.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
alright, the tree is a no-go.

ill just throw all my candy at unsuspecting strangers then.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
I summon Candy Corn Spongebob, the Halloween themed Spongebob

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
that's fine. I keep the Christmas music playing while I start decorating my house with Christmas themed decorations. There's only 59 days till the big day. Gotta get started now!

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
first of all spongebob is too scary because he talks and what on this earth is scarier than an animal that talks

second of all i make krabby patties to hand out to all the little kiddies

this is scary because they'll be expecting candy and what on this earth is scarier than subverting expectations

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Well then, I won’t give up so easily on this asshat! I shall summon a demon (or demoness, I believe in equal demon rights) and sell my soul in order to finish my new arch-nemesis!

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Hobohunter, it is clear that you don't understand the point of this game.

Which is to celebrate VALENTINE'S DAY BAYBEEE! Only 110 days to go! I arm myself with some Cupid™ arrows of love and start firing them around.

Also, here is a countdown to Valentine's Day just to add to the already considerable hype: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/valentines

Drunken Gazelle

Lord Procrastinator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
His default setting is sarcasm. It is not (always) intentional.
Cool, the ritual has begun. I"ll begin to sacrifice other holiday mementos to appease the spirit. Some christmas baubles, a couple of four leaf clovers etc

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Excellent, my carvings have been placed. I now pray to the pumpkin king that no jack o lanterns get smashed on this wonderful holiday

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is inconcievably cute. It tries to intimidate its foes with its long, luscious locks, but to little avail.
yes, yessssssss, this is good
the more people that are consuming candy corn, the stronger i can become!
I keep preaching the gospel of candy corn, distributing it to people as I go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)