• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Restarting Harsh Team Choices Thread

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
You'd have to move relearner Freeze Dry. I did also just now notice it was Adamant with Refridgerate, so Return may even be a better Ice STAB than Ice Beam.

I think Lefties works better on a fatter 'mon like Azumarill. With Vivillon, I think you ought to focus on either increasing its STAB power with the appropriate Plate or accuracy with something like the Wide Lens. You might also consider one of the Super Effective reduction berries if you want to risk it.

There's no reason not to run Mega Luke, it's so strong.

Blackstarlight17

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Has no concrete sleep schedule and is often covered in cats. If found sleeping and is needed, just smack her with a bag of frozen milky way bars.
I'll teach Auroras Return, forgot how Refrigerate worked as I hardly ever used them. And I'll have to teach someone Thief or Rock Smash to try and get heart scales if that's the case.

Think Deep Sea Tooth would work for Vivillon then? It boosts Sp. Atk overall than using Insect or Sky Plate. And I have a wide lens as well.

I wasn't sure about the mega evolution in case something was better for her.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
I'll teach Auroras Return, forgot how Refrigerate worked as I hardly ever used them. And I'll have to teach someone Thief or Rock Smash to try and get heart scales if that's the case.

Think Deep Sea Tooth would work for Vivillon then? It boosts Sp. Atk overall than using Insect or Sky Plate. And I have a wide lens as well.

I wasn't sure about the mega evolution in case something was better for her.
Deep Sea Tooth only works on Clamperl, it does nothing on other Pokemon.

Blackstarlight17

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Has no concrete sleep schedule and is often covered in cats. If found sleeping and is needed, just smack her with a bag of frozen milky way bars.
I misread it, my bad. Probably will sell it then to avoid further confusion.

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Heya!

I'm on a Platinum run right now and I'm almost at Fantina. I need to ramp up my team- I'm not sure what to do here and my team isn't feeling right.

Team:
Victoria the Prinplup (Lv. 26, BubbleBeam/Pluck/Metal Claw/Bide)
Avian the Staravia (Lv. 25, Wing Attack/Quick Attack/Endeavor/Double Team)
Flaxseed the Beautifly (Lv. 24, Tackle/Mega Drain/Stun Spore/Gust)
Palmer the Aipom (Lv. 24, Return/Thief/Tickle/Sand Attack)

Reserves:
Septimus the male Ralts (cannot evolve into Gardevoir due to global dupes)
Everly the Eevee (cannot evolve into Flareon, Umbreon, or Vaporeon, same reason as Gardevoir)
Verity the Psyduck
Houdini the Abra
Sheila the Shellos
Cass the Gastly
Compass the Nosepass
Lopler the Buneary
Amadeus the Kricketune
Boxer the Machop
Cranias the Cranidos
Jingle the Chingling

TMs: Bullet Seed, Taunt. EQ, Secret Power, SR, Grass Knot, Substitute

Thanks so much!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
You've got some good options! The first thing that sticks out to me is that you have an opportunity to make yourself a Gallade. You can find a Dawn Stone near Pastoria with the Itemfinder. Three members of your team look like they'd have a hard time breaking through Rock and Steel types, so adding a Fighting user would give you a solid answer to them. If you don't want to use it, you also have viable Psychic options in the Abra line and Espeon (or Chingling, if you're feeling brave), and a fighting option in Machop.

You might also consider evolving that Eevee. Your three remaining options all have strong points. Jolteon gives you another special attacker and an Electric resist, which is nice, but is a tad fragile. Espeon is always going to be very strong and is perhaps your "safest" option with it's good mix of special offense and defense, but doesn't have a super clear advantage against any future opponents, and competes with some of the other psychic options you have. Leafeon gives you an Electric resist and a better matchup against Rock and Ground types (notably, against Bertha), but shares a Fire and Flying weakness with Beautifly, and doesn't have as useful a stat distribution as the others. You can also save it for Glaceon, which gives you offensive options against Bertha and an almost guaranteed win against Cynthia's Garchomp, but the Ice Rock is still a ways off, and Ice has a notoriously poor defensive utility.

I feel like your team is more Physically oriented at the moment, so I think you should consider at least one more Special Attacker. The only other notable one I see in your box is Gastly. I don't know if trade options are available to you, but even if they aren't, Haunter is still a good option. This is the first generation that really lets it use Poison STAB (You'll get the Sludge Bomb TM before too long in the Galactic hideout) and Ghost STAB is always really reliable. Especially if you get it to Gengar, it's a risky-but-rewarding option against Lucian, and it learns some useful coverage moves, most notably Thunderbolt. Poison resists bugs, which makes it an option against some of Aaron's pokemon (provided they don't have coverage moves) but even with typing aside Gengar just has great offensive stats.

I think your last notable options are Cranidos or Nosepass/Probopass. They help you deal with Aaron for sure. Rampardos has a better matchup against Flint, Probopass has a better matchup against Lucian. Cranidos brings tremendous physical offensive pressure, and Probopass just doesn't die to any moves that aren't Fighting or Ground.

Good luck with the rest of your run!

DistortionLocke

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
I defeated Clair. I wiped out the Kimono Girls. I punched Lugia in the face with a Master Ball. Now, I must confront the Elite Four and Champion.

My team:
Net the Magneton, Lvl. 48
Adamant, capable of taking hits.
Screech, Mirror Shot, Thunder Wave, Discharge

Cardinal the shiny Gyarados, Lvl. 43
Naive, likes to fight.
Surf, Hydro Pump, Twister, Blizzard
Intimidate

Benedict the Togetic, Lvl. 42
Bold, mischievous.
Ancient Power, Charm, Extrasensory, Fly
Hustle

Cindy the Typhlosion, Lvl. 42
Brave, often dozes off.
Swift, Lava Plume, Strength, Flamethrower
Blaze

Polly the Poliwrath, Lvl. 45
Relaxed, often dozes off.
Surf, Rock Smash, Dynamic Punch, Body Slam
Damp

Casper the Gengar, Lvl. 43
Brave, strong willed.
Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Payback, Shadow Ball
Levitate

Other notable members
Eileen the Dewgong, Lvl. 46
Careful, somewhat of a clown.
Aqua Tail, Take Down, Aqua Ring, Blizzard
Hydration

Rocky the Steelix, Lvl. 42
Hasty, loves to eat.
Rock Tomb, Slam, Iron Tail, Dragon Breath
Sturdy

Muscle the Machamp, Lv. 39
Lonely, proud of its power.
Focus Energy, Wake Up Slap, Vital Throw, Submission
Guts

Hailey the Horsea, Lvl. 36
Adamant, good perseverance.
Bubble Beam, Focus Energy, Brine, Hydro Pump
Sniper

Annie the Arbok, Lvl. 32
Bashful, highly curious.
Thief, Crunch, Screech, Acid
Shed Skin

Ursula the Tentacruel, Lvl. 32
Modest, strongly defiant.
Barrier, Acid, Toxic Spikes, Surf
Clear Body

Simon the Scizor, Lv.26
Hardy, good perseverance.
Agility, Wing Attack, Pursuit, False Swipe.
Swarm

Suggestions?

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
The only thing that really worries me is the repeat water typing of Poliwrath and Gyarados and the dual flying typing of Gyarados and Togetic, which leaves you with a pretty glaring Electric vulnerability. Swapping in Steelix for one of them gives you a solid win against Koga and a nifty Psychic resist. It also beats the Level 49 Dragonites, assuming no Blizzard shenanigans.

Dewgong is worth considering since it all but auto-wins against the Level 50 Dragonite assuming you get it to similar level (it gets Ice Beam at Lv. 47. That said, if you can get an ice move on one of your current water types, I think they should be able to handle it. Muscle is tempting, but it really only beats Karen's Umbreon and Houndoom comfortably. If it were me, I'd save myself the hassle of dealing with Hustle Togetic and box it.

Hope this helps! Good luck at Indigo Plateau!

DistortionLocke

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Thanks, Nate! I’ve updated my team accordingly.

I’m also finishing up a Kalos Psychic-Ghost run and need help prepping for the E4 and Diantha.

My Team:
Honora the Doublade, Lvl. 69
Lonely, highly persistent.
Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Shadow Sneak
No Guard

Melanie the Medicham, Lvl. 67
Careful, highly curious.
Rock Smash, Force Palm, Confusion, Recover
Pure Power

Hailey the Haunter, Lvl.59
Lax, impetuous and silly,
Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball
Levitate

Helios the Slowbro, Lvl. 63
Hasty, strong willed.
Surf, Psychic, Flamethrower, Grass Knot
Own Tempo

Riley the Gardevoir, Lvl. 66
Jolly, thoroughly cunning.
Magical Leaf, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Future Sight
Trace

Esme the Meowstic, Lvl. 64
Mild, hates to lose.
Disarming Voice, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic
Keen Eye

Other Notable Members:
Selene the Slowking, Lvl. 64
Calm, quick to flee.
Psychic, Grass Knot, Blizzard, Surf
Own Tempo

Jocelyn the Jynx, Lvl. 52
Sassy, quick tempered.
Blizzard, Body Slam, Wake-Up Slap, Avalanche
Forewarn

Blair the Banette, Lvl. 46
Rash, very finicky,
Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, Embargo, Snatch
Insomnia

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
- Doublade: Evolve Doublade to Aegislash. Eviolite Doublade is excellent, but the AI has absolutely no idea how to play against Aegislash, effectively giving you a Pokemon with a base stat total on par with Arceus. I'd recommend a moveset of Iron Head, King's Shield, Shadow Ball, and Sacred Sword. Swords Dance and Shadow Sneak are also options, but make sure you keep King's Shield. For an item, I'd go with Leftovers since Aegislash is likely to be your pivot and/or tank.
- Medicham: Take it to the move relearner in Dendemille to get some powerful attacks on it. Zen Headbutt and Ice Punch are must-haves, while Hi Jump Kick is also a great option. Brick Break is available via TM (you can find it in Terminus Cave) if you want a safer Fighting STAB. Thunder Punch can round off the moveset to give you an extra option against Siebold, especially his Gyarados. My recommended moveset would be Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break. As for an item, I'd go with either something to boost its STABs (Black Belt, Mind Plate, TwistedSpoon, etc.) or an Expert Belt.
- Haunter: Evolve it to a Gengar! I'm sure you'll be able to find someone on the forums who's willing to help you with that. Dark Pulse is redundant since its coverage is basically the same as Shadow Ball's, and Dream Eater is useless without a sleep-inducing move. I'd go with a moveset of Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, and Energy Ball/Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam. Since TMs have infinite uses, you can swap them out in between battles - use Energy Ball (TM in Route 20, the forest south of Snowbelle) for Siebold, Focus Blast (Anistar Pokemon Center mart) for Wikstrom and Malva, and Dazzling Gleam for Drasna and Diantha. I'd go with a Spell Tag to boost damage output in general, or a Magnet/Miracle Seed to target Siebold in particular, since he's easily the toughest of the Elite Four.
- Slowbro looks perfectly fine. Give it Leftovers if you're not using them on Aegislash. Alternatively, Shell Bell and Mystic Water both work well for Slowbro.
- Gardevoir wants Thunderbolt or Energy Ball, since the former give great coverage in general while the latter is simply a direct upgrade over Magical Leaf. I'd recommend Thunderbolt, as its coverage is a bit more useful than Energy Ball's. Calm Mind is an amazing option for the last slot. I'd go with a moveset of Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, and Calm Mind/Energy Ball, with Mind/Pixie Plate as a held item.
- Meowstic looks fine, just swap out Disarming Voice since it's laughably weak at this point in the game. Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, or Energy Ball would be good options, with Thunder Wave being my preferred option. I'd go with Mind Plate for an item.

You shouldn't really need to grind, since you'll gain plenty of levels in the Elite Four and the Kalos League is notoriously easy. Aegislash should be able to take on most of the Pokemon you face, and can probably even tag in against Malva if absolutely necessary. Slowbro and Aegislash form an excellent defensive core, while Gardevoir, Gengar, and Medicham should provide plenty of offensive output. Meowstic isn't as powerful as the others and should mainly be used for coverage and Thunder Wave support. Good luck against the Elite Four!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
In addition to Xerx's excellent post above, I'd also like to note Slowbro is also a really good Calm Mind candidate and can probably afford to lose Grass Knot.

Blackstarlight17

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
So, I started to look at some of my runs and found myself starting to play with my UltraSun again. I've beaten the captains on Akala and will be facing Olivia soon. I've only just arrived in KoniKoni City, so I haven't gotten any Pokémon in Route 9 or anywhere else, so I will update when I get more captures.

I want to make sure I'm well prepared for Olivia. I think I might be okay after a bit more training, but rather be safe than sorry.

The only thing I can't do is switch out my Magneton. It has to stay in the party no matter what.

Rose - Female - Oblivious - Bashful, Somewhat of a clown - Level 34
Moves: Confusion, Water Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Yawn
Item: King's Rock

Titan - Male - Tough Claws - Rash, Somewhat of a clown - Level 33
Moves: Rock Tomb, Fire Fang, Bite, Stealth Rock
Item: Focus Band

Shade - Male - Illusion - Naive, Somewhat of a clown - Level 34
Moves: Torment, Night Slash, Foul Play, Leer
Item: Amulet Coin

Bolts - ... - Sturdy - Jolly, Likes to relax - Level 34
Moves: Flash Cannon, Electro Ball, Light Screen, Metal Sound
Item: Magnet

Edmond - Male - Hyper Cutter - Quirky, Very finicky - Level 24
Moves: Fairy Wind, Vice Grip, Feint Attack, Bite
Item: n/a

Anna - Female - Rock Head - Bold, Takes plenty of siestas - Level 25
Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Brick Break, Focus Energy
Item: Scope Lens

Renton - Male - Blaze - Naive, Capable of taking hits - Level 31
Moves: Fire Fang, Bite, Leer, Double Kick
Item: Firium Z

Tonto - Male - Battery - Impish, Highly curious - Level 31
Moves: Acrobatics, Bug Bite, Spark, Crunch

Curser - Male - Shed Skin - Modest, Somewhat stubborn - Level 8
Moves: Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting
Item: Poison Barb

Dia - Female - Super Luck - Lonely, Somewhat stubborn - Level 26
Moves: Wing Attack, Roost, Night Shade, Thief
Item: Flyinium Z

Suko - Male - Infiltrator - Hardy, Quick to flee - Level 24
Moves: Bite, Thief, Air Cutter, Roost

Blaze - Male - Limber - Bashful, Somewhat of a clown - Level 23
Moves: Brick Break, Karate Chop, Aerial Ace, Roost
Item: Fightinium Z

Yui - Female - Honey Gather - Quirky, Takes plenty of siestas - Level 24
Moves: Thief, Silver Wind, Draining Kiss, Struggle Bug
Item: Silver Powder

Hailey - Female - Vital Spirit - Adamant, Impetuous and silly - Level 14
Moves: Leer, Sand Attack, Bite, Howl
Item: Hard Stone

Sonata - Male - Cute Charm - Rash, Alert to sounds - Level 13
Moves: Defense Curl, Pound, Sweet Kiss, Copycat
Item: Soothe Bell

Kio - Male - Anger Point - Careful, Somewhat vain - Level 15
Moves: Rage, Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit
Item: Silk Scarf

Oreo - Male - Run Away - Bold, Often lost in thought - Level 1
Moves: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip

Mary - Female - Water Veil - Serious, Very finicky - Level 19
Moves: Supersonic, Horn Attack, Flail, Water Pulse

Emi - Female - Stakeout - Lax, Strongly defiant - Level 15
Moves: Leer, Pursuit, Sand Attack, Odor Sleuth

Harley - Female - Liquid Ooze - Sassy, Good perseverance - Level 19
Moves: Acid, Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse, Wrap

Hotaru - Male - Tangled Hair - Careful, Very finicky - Level 21
Moves: Astonish, Mud-Slap, Magnitude, Bulldoze

Petal - Female - Merciless - Careful, Somewhat Vain - Level 13
Moves: Poison Sting, Peck, Bite, Toxic Spikes

Pippin - Male - Natural Cure - Docile, Likes to fight - Level 24
Moves: Growth, Ingrain, Feint Attack, Leech Seed

Regarding Rose, I don't know whether to evolve her or not into a Slowking since I have the King's Rock or if she would be better as a Slowbro.

Work Up, Venoshock, Hidden Power, Roost, Smack Down, Brick Break, Double Team, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Rest, Thief, Low Sweep, Echoed Voice, Steel Wing, False Swipe, Charge Beam, Smart Strike, Bulldoze Grass Knot, Sleep Talk, Nature Power, Confide
Big Root, Float Stone, Eviolite, Quick Claw, Never-Melt Ice, Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Soft Sand, Sharp Beak

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Honestly, you look good for Olivia. Steel STAB on that Magneton will likely take out her fossils without trouble. Mawile in particular resists Lycanroc's two moves. If you put some levels on it and give it Brick Break and the Fightnium Z, then she probably wont stand a chance. Shame it doesnt have Intimidate. The only optimization I see is maybe Hawlucha over Zoroark or something.

As for the Slowpoke, I think Slowking is slightly better for you. You have a lot of physically defensive 'mons (like your steel types) so having more special bulk is nice. There isnt much difference between the two, honestly. Good luck!

Blackstarlight17

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Honestly, you look good for Olivia. Steel STAB on that Magneton will likely take out her fossils without trouble. Mawile in particular resists Lycanroc's two moves. If you put some levels on it and give it Brick Break and the Fightnium Z, then she probably wont stand a chance. Shame it doesnt have Intimidate. The only optimization I see is maybe Hawlucha over Zoroark or something.

As for the Slowpoke, I think Slowking is slightly better for you. You have a lot of physically defensive 'mons (like your steel types) so having more special bulk is nice. There isnt much difference between the two, honestly. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try to level Edmond up some more and see if I can find someone who can do a trade evolution to help Rose evolve. To be honest, I never used a Slowking before, so this will be rather nice.

I was thinking of trying Blaze or use someone else even temporarily in place of Shade, so may do that. Just have to find a good place to train everyone.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
If you need someone to help with a trade, let me know!

Blackstarlight17

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Great, right now hatching a Paras egg I got in a trade. Been super stoked about getting it to help with shiny hunting. After it hatches though, I'll ask if you can help with evolving Rose and maybe even Pippin if that's not too much to ask.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Feel free to HMU via PM so we dont clog the thread!

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just beat Lance in SoulSilver, and lost 2 Pokémon to him: my Victreebel, and my Golem. I need to rebuild my team to be able to handle any boss fight or legendary battle ahead outside of the Battle Frontier. No potions in battle, no using potions in a gym, no switching leads in a gym, and no leaving a gym until it’s beaten. And SET battle style

Main team:

Hibiki, level 53 female Typhlosion. Modest (meh IVs except perfect SpA IV and heavy EV training in it) @ choice specs, Blaze

Flamethrower

Fire Blast

Focus Blast

Hyper Beam

Enki the level 50 Male Umbreon. Sassy @ Lum Berry, Synchronize

Payback

Confuse Ray

Rest

Flash

Rivvit the level 50 female Poliwrath. Quirky @ Sitrus Berry, Water Absorb

Hypnosis

Surf

Body Slam

Focus Blast

Blaze the level 55 male Dragonite. Naughty (perfect SpA, near perfect attack, godly IVs all around) @ Dragon Fang. Inner Focus

ExtremeSpeed

Draco Meteor

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Box Pokémon. If I don’t mention IVs, assume they’re mediocre (broken into 2 posts to avoid over clutter):

Sky eye, level 43 male Furret. Quirky @ Silk Scarf. Run Away

Return

Surf

Shadow Claw

Whirlpool

Ichaival (I was on a Symphogear watching spree, and it was Dec 28th) the level 6 female Aipom. Careful (Hp and attack IVs both perfect), Run Away (turns into Technician at level 33 or so)

Pixy the level 44 male crobat. Impish (very good defense IV) @ Sharp beak. Inner Focus.

Fly

Bite

Wing attack

Poison fang

Volkrum the Level 23 Electrode. Modest, Soundproof

Briar the level 23 male Tangela. Lax, Leaf Guard

Chill Bill the level 23 (hey, it’s a roll) male Swinub. Jolly, Oblivious.

Scarface, level 27 Male Skarmory. Timid (good defense IV), Keen Eye

Ocean Lass, level 20 female Goldeen. Naughty, Swift Swim

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
The first thing jumping out at me is that Skarmory. It would make a great defensive core with that Umbreon if you put roost and like, toxic or something, on it. I normally don't like repeating types on my team, but Dragonite and Skarm don't have any weaknesses in common, so I don't see it as a hindrance. With your restrictive ruleset, self healing is really nice, so I think Skarm would be a good pick. Shame the nature is not great.

The other thing jumping out at me is that Jolly Swinub. Getting it up to a Mamoswine isn't a fun grind, but Mamo has a really scary offensive typing and yours has a great nature. The electric immunity is also nice considering the vulnerability Poliwrath and Skarmory have to it. It'd make stuff like Lt. Surge and Red's Pikachu a really easy time to beat.

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
what about the Aipom with future technician and 2 perfect IVs? I know IVs aren’t the end of the world ingame, but the difference between 1 and 31 is still again to a 15 base stat point difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)