• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Redeemed mons

Thread Description
Pokemon you initially disregarded then came to love because of a nuzlocke.

raikaria

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Absolutely Arbok.

Albeit, it was in a Generation 1 Nuzlocke; so Wrap was completely busted, but I took not one, but TWO Arboks into the Hall of Fame. They even had different movesets:

Slither - Wrap/Toxic/Dig/Bite
Slide - Strength/Earthquake/Wrap/Glare

While this was Generation 1, and thus there was Wrap, it also didn't have Intimidate.

Arondon

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
All but most to least prevalent types:Male,Gender-neutral,Female
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Psychic
LEDYBA.

My Ledyba named "MantisBoi" after the youtuber of the same name in my Sun Nuzlocke redeemed that line and the Bug type in general for me.

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
- I don't think I've ever considered Sudowoodo truly bad, but until recently it was more or less only a semi-annoying roadblock in the middle of my Johto runs. It was just there. I softened up after discovering the beauties of Baton Passing Agility to it, but even in terms of raw stats Sudowoodo is actually pretty darn good!

- Spore is so good even a Magikarp would be able to earn its place in a Nuzlocke solely because of it. I knew that, but the Paras line surprised me more than once in terms of both offensive and defensive capabilities. Nonetheless, I still advise caution in choosing your opponents as a Parasect user.

- Exeggutor has so many toys at its disposal it's not even hard to end up with something that simply works well, even without delving into Harvest shenanigans in later gens: Leech Seed, Sword Dance, solid STABs both physical and special (disclaimer: some are learned way later than others), Screens, Powders... there's enough variety you could make an entire team of these!

- 100% accuracy Blizzards are sexy. If you're not aware of this (like I wasn't ~1 month ago), try Abomasnow.

- Like many middle-staged starter evolutions, I used to place Servine in that weird limbo of not being neither a cute starter pokemon nor a badass final evolution... Then when I needed something bulkier than Serperior I discovered how much of an absolute unit eviolite Servine is. Now I look forward to my next BW/B2W2 run to use it again!

I just realised all of my entries are either Grass-types... or look like one!

satanicswirlix

Government Assigned Towelie Kinnie
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
dude/weed/lmao
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This user's interests change more often than her pantalones. It is unlikely that she'll ever finish making a nuzlocke comic, but she can die trying!
I used to disregard Shuckle until I used one against Eternatus.

Don't fuckle with Shuckle.

Tsugumi Hazawa

Ordinary but Hardworking
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Haneoka High School (IRL: Makassar, Indonesia)
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
Character: She/Her, IRL: He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
I think someone posted in Pachirisu before, so I might as well as come up with a second Electric Rodent on this list: Emolga.

While only can be encountered in rustling grass (that you probably might as well as buy lots of repels for it) and available after the third gym for all Unova-based games (although this is only for Gen V, in X and Y it can also appear in Route 10 albeit at a still rare 5% chance and competes with Eevee, making them usually mutually exclusive), and it has low defensive stats and mediocre offenses, one cannot simply judge a Pokemon from it's look.

While most of the cute Pokemon tend to be not powerful at all (with the exception of the more well-known Togekiss, Azumarill, and Sylveon), having high speed and a combination of Acrobatics and Flying type can bring lots of hurt indeed (even more so if holding a Flying Gem, although this is only possible on Gen V, sadly because Gen VI nerfed Gems by also making all Gems unavailable except for Normal Gem).
Given that it already naturally learns Acrobatics at level 30, you don't really need to wait until beating the 6th gym in Unova-based games to get it. What's more, it does get Electro Ball and takes a good advantage of it given it's high speed. It doesn't evolve, because it doesn't really need to. And with TM usages you can teach it U-turn, although it also does naturally learns Volt Switch as well, making this ridiculously cute flying squirrel a good utility pivot.

Speaking of which, I did use it in my first nuzlockes of the Unova duology. In the first one it makes into my final team for landing the final blow on Team Plasma. It just gets even more funny that I took out Ghetsis's Hydreigon, out of all things, with an Emolga. That guy might be trying to make sure he's on power by taking away all other Pokemon and tries to secure it with a powerful, seemingly balanced Pokemon team... but one thing he forgot is to never judge a Pokemon by it's appearance, as said before.

Always remember what Karen, a member of the Johto (or rather, Neo Indigo) League says. "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
Funnily, Unova also has a fellow Elite Four member that specializes in Dark type: Grimsley. He also has an inspirational quote: "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
in jotho mono-water type run i did outscreen, i used a team of feragratr, poliwrath, gyarados, tentacruel, slowbro and quagsire

i had no problem with first five pokemon. feragratr has strong attacking stat and good movepool for gen2, poliwrath is a all average hitter, tentacruel is a poisionous hentai monster which can outspeed its waifus, slowbro proved to me that psychic type is still OP in gen 2, and i dont need to say anything about gyarados, everyone here knows how AVENSOME that flying water snake is.
but quagsire was bad in my eyes. little to no moves, slow speed, and low base special for a water type? no thanks. but i NEED something that would counter electric types. because as you can see, my team cant stand electric type attacks that much. the second best pokemon that would stand electricity was tentacruel and slowbro, thanks to their high special stat (tentacruel was survived from a psychic attack from sabrina's alakazam) and the others would one shotted at a good thunderbolt. and considering that one dragonite is more than happy to rain thunder on my team, i really needed a ground type. it carried its weigth, helped beating miltank, morty, jasmine, and clair before elite 4, and soloed surge after elite 4, it still helped beating blaine, brock, janine(koga's daughter) and blue. and quagsire beat red's pikachu, which is second most problematic pokemon for this run.

as you can see; this pokemon saved my run singlehandedly from a wipeout by electric types

Edit: the game was crystal

Last edited:

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I’ve posted in this thread already, but I have another one.
Poliwrath.
I’d never used a member of this line til postgame FRLG, and I regarded them as just another water ‘mon. He was badass! Held his own against Pokémon that were 15+ levels higher. I knew a stone-evolved mon was going to be pretty good, but I was pleasantly surprised.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Crustle. The Dwebble line never really registered on my radar. Sturdy was annoying to get through, and rock types have their coverage overshadowed by ground types who has less weaknesses. Speaking of underestimating - My Bug Mono-type run of Sword proved me how deadly rock types can be.

Everybody on my team was at least 2x, if not 4x weak to rocks. A random trainer's Sudowoodo nearly killed my team if it hadn't been for my Crustle's bulk to let her tank supereffective hits over and over. If it hadn't been for my Durant that I added to my team later on, I would not have made it through Gordie's rock type gym. So Durant is also one of the pokemons I never thought about using until I'm in a run with very limited type availability. Durant with Hustle and Wide Lens OHKOs pretty much everything (if he doesn't miss) and leaves me with a great new respect for that pokemon.

Back to Crustle, ahem. Despite being rock type, it's still weak to rock. But that typing gave it an absolutely wonderful defense and I EV-boosted its Special Defense a bit too. With Sturdy, I can switch it in to battles with a guarantee that it won't faint the next turn, and it doesn't even need that ability! It switched in to take Leon's Gigantamax-Charizard's Max Rockfall without even Dynamaxing, and (albeit with the help of a Charti berry) it barely even made a dent! Then it proceeds to eat another supereffective Max Rockfall like it was breakfast and proceeds to give Charizard a taste of its own medicine with Max Rockfall, destroying it instantly.

I am in awe at the sheer badassery of that move. All hail Crustle. (You probably saw me gush a lot about Crustle in different threads but nothing could kill this bug).

I got Camerupt as a starter and immediately faced off against Bianca... who has a Manaphy.
4x weakness to water + Manaphy's high stats + it knows Bubble... I'm screwed, right?
This badass lived at 2 hp when I never expected it to live past that first blow, never giving up as Manaphy start spamming Tail Glow, and took it down inch-by-inch with a combination of Magnitude and Ember. Afterwards I looked at its profile and it has Solid Rock which reduces supereffective moves. But still!! 4x effective!!

I'm still playing it but Camerupt's definitely a solid team member I can always switch in when things get rough, at least against things that aren't water types.

11wildy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
This one will always remain the be Mawile in my evo=death nuzlocke on pokemon Ruby

So all Pokemon died upon evolution on top of regular nuzlocke rules, so I got to the Elite 4 with just Mawile and Clamperl (I wasn't allowed to stop evolution in any way)

I grinded them up to level 60, not expecting much at this point, having lost Nuzleaf too and literally having no captures left.

Sidney and Phoebe weren't so bad. Glacia took a while but eventually won that too. I expected Clamperl to sweep Drake with an X Speed + Deepseatooth, but... She failed to KO at some point, getting destroyed afterwards.
Mawile then finished off Drake

So there I was. Mawile and me against Steven. The Steven who has 3 Pokemon in his team knowing Earthquake and me not even having a pokemon to switch to for extra Intimidates.

Mawile tanked all 30 of those Earthquakes, healing up after each one, unable to attack unbetween, but surviving all of them until they were out of PP, allowing Mawile to finish the battle victoriously!

Mawile will now always have a special place in my heart, for saving that whole run on his own

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
I had a mawile that one-shot Deoxys once. It's a great pokemon!

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I always found Swanna to be a tad bland, especially considering how many Unova Pokemon are basically just fucking awesome. Stats are medicore, typing is a bit overdone, and it's not overly exciting. It's not even a bad design, but just heavily overshadowed. But my Unfezant died in White 2 and I decided to use it. I guess I forgot how good Water/Flying is, and the fact that Swanna is pretty fast. Despite a late join time my Swanna contributed hard to trainer battles towards the end of the game, including taking on Iris's Haxorus by herself. It also helps that Swanna gets nearly every good Water or Flying move by either level or HM which goes some way for mitigating the otherwise mediocre stats.

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
Meganium. This absolute Unit of a mon. Unless you send it out on a suicide mission, it literally cannot die, it will almost never die to a crit from a move you didn't see coming. Sweet rot it was so good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)