• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Recipe talk thread

Thread Description
food cult food cult food cult f

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/2012/04/fresh-strawberry-yogurt-cake.html - GODLIKE STRAWBERRY CAKE. its strawberry season go out and bake
but thats kinda unheathy so heres some easy ways to cook veggies

this one's my favorite, and the easiest, and the quickest.
Cut in to florets, then make them smaller. Thinner cooks through better and brings out the nutty flavor.
Slap some butter in a pan (like a tablespoon per head of broccoli??), get it nice and hot, throw in your broccoli and brown it a little (~5-7 min). If you want you can add parmesan, salt, garlic.. but I like it plain

This takes a little more time so I don't cook them as often. Fun fact, brussel sprouts and broccoli are in the same family!
Cut sprouts into forths and coat in olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic, or any other spice you like (very similar to broccoli)
Heat your oven to 400 F and cook for 20-30 minutes, making sure to flip in between

that actually might not be a veggie... oops
So I always threw them in the microwave (POKE HOLES OR EXPLODE), but I think they come out better if you roast them in the oven (still poke holes) and cover them in tin foil (425 50 min).
That takes too long. just do a couple at once and refrigerate them.
I like to put butter and brown sugar in them, just a little makes it taste like a pastry.

SnakeWrangler

Tustom Citle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
I have many things to share here including some of my own creations but BOY HOWDY this is the best potroast I've ever fuckin had

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I have many things to share here including some of my own creations but BOY HOWDY this is the best potroast I've ever fuckin had

IS THIS THE ONE YOU MADE FOR US?

Bigredlittlewolf

On the corner of happy and sleep depravity
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This user sometimes disappears for weeks on end to finish a single update, then bursts with activity for 30 hours straight.
Hey guys! I have an incredibly simple fettuccine recipe. I double it up and it feeds us for literal days (between two people) It's unarguably unhealthy, but damn if it ain't good comfort food

3/4 cup of parm
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter...
1 8oz pack creme cheese...
1/2 cup milk

all together, you melt it in a pot and add fettuchi

SnakeWrangler

Tustom Citle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison

I made this tonight and it's real good

Glace

>:3c
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
okay so i have no right to be here with my frankenstein shit but like, okay recipe when you have chicken breasts and rice but you dont wanna just use soy

step one: cook the rice. do this early using w/e method you have
step......... two!: get the chicken breasts out, cut them into three pieces (or less, just make sure it's not one solid chungus of chicken because then you're not gonna cook it through). Salt n Peppa dinner them, and heat up a pan
step three: put in oil or butter or whatever the fuck to grease the pan, personally i used butter because the shit later is creamy and butter. fry them untill you get a nice golden brown crust and theres good bits in the pan, remove chicken onto a plate out of reach of dog
step four: google simple milk sauces untill you find this bitch and we're going to re purpose it to our own needs and lack of any fresh produce. the low down if you dont wanna look at the link is. 3 tablespoon butter, 4 large minced garlic cloves like 1.5 tablespoons of garlic powder, maybe more maybe less idk, 2 tablespoons flour, and 2/3rds cup milk and also some salt and pepper i forgot about so yknow
melt the butter in the pan from before, and add in the garlic. mix it together with a spatula or a whisk idc and when it sorta comes together, add the flour. mix that in and then slowly pour the milk in a bit at a time, mixing it together as it slowly forms a paste. this is like a roux, used to bechamel sauce and cheese sauces and shit like that. surprising easy
step five: taste the sauce once you've used all the milk and it's come together, be surprised on how it doesnt taste like complete ass. mix in the chicken and rice with the sauce untill its good and goopy, take out half of the chicken and rice into a leftover container because you dont know how to portion control and end up with leftovers always. eat.

optional step: glare angrily at dog when it looks at the chicken, better idea just dont have a dog. thank u

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
okay so i have no right to be here with my frankenstein shit but like, okay recipe when you have chicken breasts and rice but you dont wanna just use soy

step one: cook the rice. do this early using w/e method you have
step......... two!: get the chicken breasts out, cut them into three pieces (or less, just make sure it's not one solid chungus of chicken because then you're not gonna cook it through). Salt n Peppa dinner them, and heat up a pan
step three: put in oil or butter or whatever the fuck to grease the pan, personally i used butter because the shit later is creamy and butter. fry them untill you get a nice golden brown crust and theres good bits in the pan, remove chicken onto a plate out of reach of dog
step four: google simple milk sauces untill you find this bitch and we're going to re purpose it to our own needs and lack of any fresh produce. the low down if you dont wanna look at the link is. 3 tablespoon butter, 4 large minced garlic cloves like 1.5 tablespoons of garlic powder, maybe more maybe less idk, 2 tablespoons flour, and 2/3rds cup milk and also some salt and pepper i forgot about so yknow
melt the butter in the pan from before, and add in the garlic. mix it together with a spatula or a whisk idc and when it sorta comes together, add the flour. mix that in and then slowly pour the milk in a bit at a time, mixing it together as it slowly forms a paste. this is like a roux, used to bechamel sauce and cheese sauces and shit like that. surprising easy
step five: taste the sauce once you've used all the milk and it's come together, be surprised on how it doesnt taste like complete ass. mix in the chicken and rice with the sauce untill its good and goopy, take out half of the chicken and rice into a leftover container because you dont know how to portion control and end up with leftovers always. eat.

optional step: glare angrily at dog when it looks at the chicken, better idea just dont have a dog. thank u
I may try this with some porkchops I have, since it seems versatile enough

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
Frankensteining and just chucking shit we have together is basically all I do in our kitchen lel. Might give that one a go in the near future.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Frankensteining and just chucking shit we have together is basically all I do in our kitchen lel.
Eff yeah, mate. 8)

Also, hello, recipe thread! I'd love to share with you actual food, but instead, I'd like to share with you actual food, but instead lemme just plop in here my favorite brownie recipe, which is my favorite partly because it actually does turn out chewy, tasty brownies if you follow it to a T and partly because it's the only dessert recipe I know that led to a divorce.

(Note: Nuts are completely optional. I personally prefer subbing in an equal amount of peanut butter, butterscotch, or mint chips instead.)

Glace

>:3c
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
partly because it's the only dessert recipe I know that led to a divorce
Excuse me? You gotta elaborate on that, seriously

Also, to keep it on topic, have this recipe Just came out (well, the video lmao) and it makes me really wanna eat banana bread....

Minty Electronica

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Excuse me? You gotta elaborate on that, seriously
Don't mind if I do! 8)

So basically, the story goes that this woman, let's call her Sydne because that's her name, had met an unnamed other woman while her (Sydne's) husband was in the military. At one point, Sydne brought this woman brownies, to which the woman responded by asking for the recipe. Sydne obliged and, shortly afterwards, moved elsewhere, but she and the woman still corresponded via mail. It's a good thing too, because the woman just couldn't get the recipe right, no matter how many times she tried. So for the next few years, Sydne tried her hardest to help this woman bake the perfect homewrecky brownies, but the woman still couldn't do it, even implied Sydne had left something out. Eventually, the woman comes to the US to visit Sydne and presumably under the pretense of figuring out that recipe ... except that last part doesn't entirely matter because Sydne promptly found her husband and this woman (who never did make those brownies) fooling around. To this day, the woman is still married to Sydne's ex-husband, but who gives a fuck because Sydne is still making those boss-ass brownies.

With that said...! Heck. Yes. Banana bread. Effing love that stuff because, 1) it's a handy way of getting rid of bananas, and 2) banana bread for breakfast on the go is boss. Will definitely give that recipe a shot!

Second

Demon from the World Chalice
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is known to wander off mid-conversation, annoying everyone involved.
May I present the most delicious burger recipe I have ever had here? It's the world's simplest thing but the moment I was taught this my mind was blown forever. It is both real tasty and real good.

I'm sure you can do this in a grill too but I got the recipe to do in a pan, and more people have pans than grills anyway.

You need:
Ground Beef
Feta Crumbles
A Bun
Olive Oil
A pan
A spatula

You:
1. Take the ground beef and put it in a bowl. Take the feta, and put it in that same bowl.
2. Mush the ground beef and the feta together, until the feta is mixed into the ground beef
3. Shape the ground beef into patties
4. Put a thin layer of olive oil in the pan. (Like, a tablespoon-ish?) Heat the oil at medium-high.
5. Put the patties in the pan. Cook one side of the patties for four-ish minutes, then flip them, and cook the other side for four-ish minutes, or until cooked to how you like your burgers cooked.
6. Put the patties to the side.
7. Put the flat part of the buns in the pan, with the fat from the burgers still in the pan, for about thirty seconds to sear the bottom.
8. Put the patties in the buns and marvel at how tasty your brand new feta burgers are.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Tried this last night - can't remember where I got it from but damn it's good:

Grilled chicken with a strawberry-balsamic glaze
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Olive oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, divided

1/4 cup strawberry jam

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1. Remove the chicken from the fridge about 1/2 hour before you’re ready to grill, to let it come to room temperature. Meanwhile, make the strawberry balsamic vinegar sauce. Combine jam, balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the fresh sage in a medium bowl and stir with a fork until completely mixed.

2. Just before you’re ready to grill, pat the chicken breasts dry with paper toweling and brush with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides and sprinkle with remaining sage, gently pressing it into the chicken to help it stick.

3. Lightly oil the hot grill and the cook the chicken breasts, starting with what would have been the skin side down, for about 5 minutes, with the grill closed. Turn the breasts and cook for an additional three minutes or so with the grill closed, until a quick read thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken to a platter, tent loosely with foil and let it rest about 5 minutes before serving. Plate individual breast halves and spoon the strawberry sauce over them. Serve.
I'm a sucker for new recipes with simple ingredients. Pile on the dinner ideas!

SnakeWrangler

Tustom Citle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
So if you're like me and you're a college student without much time to prepare food and prefer to buy in bulk and on a budget, allow me to present to you the idea of buying a whole bunch of frozen Tilapia (or similar white fish) and using them as a go-to dinner protein

The fish is SUPER flexible and goes well with basically any preparation because it has little flavor of its own (a good thing in this case)

So I'm just gonna throw a whole bunch of preparation ideas where you can just defrost 1-2 filets in a bowl of water and have dinner like, half an hour or less later

(adjust ingredient amounts as needed I am not accurate with these)

And as always remember to salt and pepper your fish and adjust to taste

For every filet:
  • 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
  • 1 Tsp Oil
  • 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 Clove garlic, diced
Combine and pour over fish before covering in foil and baking at 425F for ~13 minutes. (Maybe a bit longer idk it's a pretty variable range)

A personal fave of mine. For every 2 filets:
  • 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp neutral oil (Grapeseed or non-EV Olive Oil)
  • 1 Clove garlic, diced
Combine all before pouring onto fish in a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake ~13 minutes at 425 F.

For every filet:
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 2 Cloves garlic, minced
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • Panko Breadcrumbs
Combine and coat the top of filets, then bake in oven on a foil-lined sheet at 425F for ~13 minutes, you get the picture if you've been reading these LIKE YOU SHOULD BE >:( but yeah they have a nice crispy golden "crust" on top it's great

• Flour (enough to coat each fish idk)
  • Old Bay (my personal favorite I just use this, you can use anything here you like for spices really)
  • 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
And honestly that's it you just spice the flour however the fuck you want like you're gonna deep fry, except you just take it directly to the pan

also PLOT TWIST this isn't made in the oven

Use cast iron or stainless steel, add oil and butter over medium heat, fry fish for 4-5 minutes until golden brown on all sides and crispy at the edges

Seriously guys learn how to make pan sauce for anything it's so fuckin good.
  • 1 shallot, diced (regular onion in smaller amounts works perfectly fine)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp white wine (cooking wine is a-ok, just saltier)
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1 Tsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
In a cast iron or stainless steel pan, cook fish in vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes on both sides until crispy bits form. Remove fish and don't worry if there's crispy bits stuck to the pan - that's what deglazing is for!

Add the white wine and scrape up the crispy bits (fond) with a wooden spoon or similar tool. Add extra oil if necessary and add the shallot/onion, cooking for 3-4 minutes until translucent and maybe slightly browned. Add garlic, cook for 2-3 more minutes, then add chicken stock and reduce heat a bit. Let simmer uncovered until half the liquid is gone, then add butter and lemon juice, cooking further until the sauce can coat the back of a metal spoon. Pour over fish and consume because it's so good.

I got tired just writing all that and I have more if you want but yeah shit's good

later on I'll post my japaleno popper things but rn I zzzz

Minty Electronica

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
My kitchen smells amazing right now, so I'mma gonna teach all of you how to make your kitchens smell the same (if you're a freak of nature like me and think vinegar smells amazing).

Let's make pork adobo!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb pork cubes (Or just cube a pork shoulder yourself if you're not a lazy jackass like I am)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 sweet/yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- black pepper to taste
- bay leaves (add to your heart's content—I used 6)

Optional:
- 1 russet potato
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can garbanzo beans

Steps:
1. Peel garlic and chop onion. Set aside. (If you're using the list o' optional vegetables, also peel and chop the potato, and chop the red pepper.)

2. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium. Add pork and saute until brown.

3. Once browned, add garlic and onion and saute for an additional one minute.

4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, bay leaves, and pepper. (If using potato, add it in here as well.) Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer. Set the timer for 45 minutes.

5. Check on your adobo periodically. If the liquid gets low, add in 1/2 cup water.

6. If using red pepper and vegetables, add them when you have 10 minutes left on the timer.

7. Once the timer goes off, turn off the heat but leave the pot on the burner. Crack open the can of garbanzo beans, rinse them, add them to the pot, and cover again. Wait another few minutes for them to warm up.

8. Serve hot over steamed rice. Or just straight up, because you're classy and realize you have, like, two different starches in this dish already. Whatever works for you. Be free.

Fun Note:
- Use all the optional veggies and substitute the soy sauce and vinegar for a can each of tomato sauce and tomato paste to make a classic pork menudo (sans things that no one wants to work with in a savory dish, like pork liver and raisins). This fun fact was brought to you by the fact that Minty wanted to make menudo but didn't have tomato sauce or paste. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last edited:

NyanCheetos

Certified Confused Gal
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A pokemon with a lot of big ideas, of which it can never seem to even finish one of them, let alone start half of them. Loves birds and fruit.
Y'ALL THIS IS MY PLACE !!!! I HAVE SO MANY GOOD RECIPES ESP. IF YOU ARE POOR AND ATTENDING COLLEGE LIKE ME!!!!!!

Ritz Crispy Treats: Basically rice crispy treats but made with ritz and a lil extra marshmallow. Sounds like it wouldn't be all that great but the sweet vs salty is so awesome! I used this to show off to some boys when I lived in the dorms. Needless to say, they were pretty impressed ;)

Monkey Muffins: Literal crack cocaine. These mofos are buttery and sugary and will most likely send your cholesterol through the roof, but darn if they aren't so good. Perfect to eat while crying and contemplating the true worth of a college education.

Baked Oatmeal: Ever get tired of cramming cereal down your gullet in the morning? Wanna change things up? Baked oatmeal is awesome! I always add more berries to the recipe bc im a slut for fruit and I don't add any nuts bc I don't like nuts baked into my food. Alongside the blueberries I add some raspberries if they're a decent price at the store. Once baked, it lasts a long time in the fridge, you can cut yourself a square in the morning, microwave it a bit, and boom. I love to pack flavor in so I usually put some vanilla greek yogurt on top of it and ta daa you just added another food group to your breakfast. Warms you up on cold mornings.

5 Minute Pizza Dough: Y'ALL. LITERALLY THE EASIEST BREAD RECIPE IN THE WORLD. Super fast, super easy, no rise. Once you make it, bake it into anything you want. Tastes way better than store bough dough. I use honey instead of sugar to feed the yeast, it gives a rather fresh flavor to the bread.

Pull-Apart Pizza: This is almost always what I make the 5 min dough for. If you make a full batch of the dough you can get an entire cookie sheet worth of pizza bites, which are very delicious the next day as leftovers. A big favorite, especially among my roommates.

The Best White Bean Chicken Chili: You guys. This soup changed me. It was so frickin delicious, the recipe made loads so I had plenty of leftovers for the week. It tasted so so good and it warmed my soul during the cold months of winter. I think it's the cheese you bake into the soup, it makes it incredible creamy and smooth. Please for the love of everything try this recipe if you're into chili/tex mex. It is so good.

Ok my laptop is dying so this is all for now, I hope someone finds some of these lovely!

ssandshrew

tired but trying her best
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
i've been making these cookies for a while, and every time i bake them people ask for the recipe, so i want to bless you all with them...
The most delicious, godlike Sables you'll ever have
Even though baking is pretty strict, and the instructions for this recipe are also strict, you really don't have to follow them that closely! they're super forgiving for even a beginner, like me!
the choco-vanilla version is great, and you can swap out the cocoa with other things like crushed strawberries, matcha powder, and pretty much any fruit jam, and they'll turn out real good! I recently made and froze some dough using chai tea, if they turn out well i'll share the exact recipe i used ;w;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)