• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Written Story Screenshot Fan Game Mature RE:Insurgence - <Steven's Blind Randomized Insurgence Nuzlocke - Dark Story/Hard Mode>

Thread Description
<First Chapter Posted 5/22/2020 - Next one by 5/29/2020!>

Stephanoso

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
???

My first run on the nuzlocke forums will be Pokemon Insurgence - A Pokemon fangame! As the title states, I am going in blind, though I have done a first run attempt off the forums where I got to the first gym then got obliterated soon afterwards...I'll be using the dark story because I'm edgy like that I suppose.

Also...Did you know that I've never completed the game normally? You would think I would like it said to, but that wouldn't test my sanity so we're gonna be a bad guy and not do that! Anyway, with all of that being said here are the rules that I will be going with for these runs!

Finally, in an effort to write more/improve on my writing skills, I will be doing a mixture of both screenshots and written storyish...Stuff! But it's mostly for fun, and I have a decent amount of spare time right around now and need something to occupy time...

Oh! And I'm hoping to post each "chapter" every week if possible.

Without further ado...

1. If a Pokemon Faints, they ded.
2. Nickname every Pokemon caught!
3. One encounter per area.
4. If 1st encounter = double battle, can choose between the two Pokemon to capture.
5. Shinies Clause - Even if I've encountered and caught my first encounter, if I run into a shiny in the same area I can catch that thing!
6. Shift - With how hard things can already get...I need this in my life, I'm not THAT insane.
7. Randomizer - This randomizes starters and items!
8. Hard Mode! - To truly test my sanity.
9. I actually rage quit before I could see what happens when all of my party Pokemon die, so the current plan is the blacking out does not mean game over...Only when I've lost every single Pokemon I have in both party and PC.

Last edited:

Stephanoso

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the first "chapter" of my Insurgence randomized nuzlocke!

A voice called out to the young teenager, warning him about something. He couldn't quite understand what the voice was trying to tell him, but the one thing he did here was whether he remembered what his name was.

For some reason, he couldn't remember his name right away. It was as if some mysterious force was preventing him from remembering it. What was even more alarming was that he couldn't remember where he was. It didn't help that everything was pitch black.

And then, it finally came to him. That's right, his name was Steven. Other than the recollection of his name, nothing else came to him. Why was that exactly?

When his vision finally came back to him, Steven found himself laying in a bed. The first thing he realized was how hard it was for him to move, all of the muscles in his body felt weak, and he didn't know why.

After forcing himself to look off to his side, he could see a Gengar standing over him, its eyes glowing menacingly. Could the ghost type be the cause of why he couldn't recall anything other than his name? Either way, all Steven could do was lay there, staring at the ghost type in fear.

The next thing he knew, he heard a cry. "Mew!" All of a sudden, a pink, floating Pokemon appeared out of a nowhere, scaring the Gengar off. As soon as the ghost type was sent away, the pink Pokemon grabbed on to Steven's arm, and yanked him out of bed. For some reason, his energy was back to normal. The Gengar was in fact the cause of what was going on with his memory and body.

"T-Thank you?" Steven said, his voice a bit shaky and hesitant. He had absolutely no idea what was going on, but the Pokemon seemed to be urging him to get out of the small room, which looked to be a cell.

Steven did exactly as he was told, rushing out of the room. The pink Pokemon seemed to be following close behind him, scanning their surroundings to ensure there was nobody around. By the time he got out of the basement, the Pokemon poked him. The Pokemon seemed to be holding a note, urging the young boy to read it.

Accepting the note, Steven read it as fast as he could. According to his "benefactor" the Pokemon that had been helping him was called Mew. And one of Mew's powers was the ability to transform not only itself, but him as well. The note told him that he would have to find a DNA of a cultist in order for Mew to transform him and blend in.

"It would help if I knew where I could..." Steven sighed, folding the note and putting it in his right pocket. He wandered around the area, eventually stumbling upon yet another flight of stairs. The room was empty for the most part, but as he made his way deeper into the room, he found strange markings on the ground...And on top of it he saw what looked to be a big puddle of blood on the ground.

Steven gasped in shock, his right hand instinctively moving towards his mouth. He felt like he was going to vomit, but managed to stay strong. The blood would be the key to his escape.

As he made his way over to the puddle of blood, Mew would go up to it, dipping its right paw into the liquid. Afterwards, the pink Pokemon would tap Steven on his forehead, and like magic, Steven was transformed into a cultist. He was no longer wearing his usual attire, but instead what looked to be a black cloak and black hat which seemed to resemble a Pokemon, but Steven had no idea which one.

Either way, that was the first step done. Now it was time for him to make his escape. After heading back down the stairs, he managed to find a door. There was a device next to it, which seeemed to be asking for a fingerprint.

"So I guess I just..." Steven reached out for the device, putting his finger on top of it. His assumption was that now that he transformed into a cultist, he would be able to have access to the door.

And voila! Just like that, the door swung open. He was home free! Or so he thought... When he made his way towards the exit, there was a cultist standing there, halting him. When Steven looked back towards him, the Mew that had been following him vanished, concealing itself so that the cultist wouldn't see it.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" The man underneath the black cloak asked. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the sacrifice along with everyone else?"

"A sacrifice?" Steven asked himself. "That doesn't sound too good..."

Steven let out a cough and let out a small chuckle. "Just wanted to get some fresh air, that's all." He stated. "But, I'll meet up with everyone else beforehand!" He said soon afterwards.

He walked away, looking around to see where the sacrifice was being held. The floor was like a maze, when he took one path he stumbled into a room with boxes and other supplies sitting on tables. When he went to another, he found even more boxes with tables on them.

Eventually, he found a flight of stairs and walked up. He knew he was in the right location because there were several cultist members, all gathered around the room to watch the sacrifice.

He seemed to have made it just in time. He could hear a voice off in the distance, one of the cultist members seemed to be pleading for their life, saying that they didn't want to die. Unfortunately for that member, the woman standing in front of him showed no remorse.

"Activate the ritual circle!" The woman commanded the three cultist members who were standing in front of the computers. Suddenly, the circle on the ground started glowing red.

"Darkrai, lord of darkness! I call upon you to enter our world! In return, I offer you the soul of this loyal servant, to be bound to your world of nightmares forever!"

Well that didn't sound too good. Steven shuddered. He had to get out of here as soon as possible before any of the cultists realized that he was missing from his cell.

"Voco virtutem umbrarum dominum!" The woman chanted. The ritual circle seemed to be flashing between a glowing green and red repeatedly. And suddenly, a black, shadow-like Pokemon appeared where the cultist member stood last. Its appearance matched the cloak that Steven and the other cultists were wearing.

Steven realized now that the men and women standing around him were a part of a cult. A cult that worships the Pokemon known as Darkrai. And it seemed like this cult was more than ready to do anything to get what they wanted, even if it meant sacrificing their own.

The woman, who Steven presumed to be the cult leader started going on a whole rant of some kind. Ultimately asking why Darkrai would not join her. Saying something about how the shadow-like Pokemon was favouring her sister more than herself.

Even after the cult leader pleaded for the Darkrai to join her, it vanished without uttering a single word.

"Well isn't that just lovely." The woman growled in anger, mentioning that the Darkrai probably went to see her sister once again. "What a waste of a grunt..." She sighed, though judging by her tone, she didn't really care that a life was lost. The grunts were merely pawns for her to use to summon Darkrai.

The woman began to walk away from the ritual circle and down the flight of stairs that led up to it. Suddenly, two cultist members stepped in front of her. "What do you two want?" She asked the two grunts.

"Miss, please. I'm confident that if we had another try, we could trap Darkrai here! We don't know why it didn't work this ti-" Before the grunt could finish, the cult leader interrupted him.

"Get out of my way." She tossed a Pokeball up in the air, and a Houndoom appeared. "Fire Blast." She commanded cruelly. The Pokemon didn't hesitate to incinerate the two grunts before they could utter another word. The flames consumed their bodies, and what was left was just a pile of ash.

"I'm going to go check on the prisoner. None of you had better follow me." The woman said, recalling the Houndoom and walking off as if nothing occurred.

"That's my cue to leave." Steven thought, his heart racing in fear. He didn't want to end up like the two grunts. This cult was crazy, and he wanted to get as far as way as he could. Making his way back towards the entrance/exit of the building, he noticed that the grunt that was previously guarding it was gone.

The young teenager ran up the flight of stairs, and as soon as he exited, he was met by the bright sun. He raised his hand up towards his eyes in order to block the sun's rays from directly hitting them. He just stood in front of the entrance for a few moments, letting out a deep sigh of relief and allowing his vision to adjust. Afterwards, he would run off, trying to gain some distance between himself and the cult's base.

He was free at last, but still didn't know who exactly he was... His memories still gone and the only thing left to do was to find out what was in store for him next...

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
Oh, a blind insurgence nuzlocke! On hard mode! Hahaha.... good luck! I'm excited to see your take on insurgence's very "well written" and "dark" story

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Insurgence does seem to be popular to nuzlocke around here, although strangely enough, a lot of Insurgence nuzlockes haven't been updated for a while. Gee, I wonder why... it's not like this game is super hard or anything, right? XD

I like how this is going so far. Minimalist, yet descriptive enough that the reader is aware of what's going on.

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
The beginning of Insurgence is always one of the most eerie of cold opens...

No-name

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Honestly, Randomizing seems to just make this game easier. Since you don't have to deal with things such as
Nora's Celebi, Orion's Sun Team, Xavier gym battle, Taen's Mega Stunfisk, and Jaern's Mega Rayquaza among other things

Good luck, have all the fun you can!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Ah yes, Taen's Mega Stunfisk. I saw a guy get his entire team wiped to that monstrosity.

Not that randomizing helped me any in my attempt to nuzlocke a randomized Insurgence. I wiped pretty early to something with Dragon Rage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)